Nagpur Metro Rail
Nagpur Metro Rail is in Maharashtra. It was inaugurated on 08.03.2019. Nagpur Metro is the greenest Metro Rail in India. It becomes the 13the operational Metro Railway in India.
Nagpur Metro Rail ~ Highlights
|Fare Collection||Automatic fare collection system with combination of smart cards and computerized paper tickets|
|Capacity of trains||764|
|Service Hours||19 hours / day (from 05:00 am to 00:00 midnight)|
|Estimated Direct Employment Generation||~1,700 persons|
|Feeder Bus Routes and Coverage||19 Routes and 160 Km.|
- Route Map
- Nagpur Metro Stations
- Time Table
- Feeder Services For First and Last Mile Connectivity
- Fare Details
- Metro Railway Rules
- Contact Details
Nagpur Metro Stations
Nagpur Metro Rail Project will consist of 38.215 Km metro corridor, 38 stations and 2 Depots. The entire stretch will be divided into ✅ 2 alignments or corridors as follows:
|Alignment||Corridor||Rail Length||No of Stations|
|1||North – South Corridor||19.658 Km||18|
|2||East – West Corridor||18.557 Km||20|
|Sr No.||Alignment 1 North – South Corridor||Sr No.||Alignment 2 East – West Corridor|
|1||Automotive Square||1||Prajapati Nagar|
|2||Nari Road||2||Vaishnao Devi Chowk|
|3||Indora Square||3||Ambedkar Chowk|
|4||Kadbi Chowk||4||Telephone Exchange|
|5||Gaddi Godam Square||5||Chitar Oli Chowk|
|6||Kasturchand Park||6||Agrasen Chowk|
|7||Zero Mile||7||Dosar Vaisya Chowk|
|8||Sitaburdi (NS) (Open Metro Station)||8||Nagpur Railway Station|
|9||Congress Nagar||9||Cotton Market|
|10||Rahate Colony||10||Sitabuldi (EW)(Open Metro Station)|
|11||Ajni Square||11||Jhansi Rani Square(Open Metro Station)|
|12||Chhatrapati Square||12||Institution of Engineers(Open Metro Station)|
|13||Jaiprakash Nagar (Open Metro Station)||13||Shankar Nagar Square|
|14||Ujwal Nagar||14||LAD Chowk|
|15||Airport (Open Metro Station)||15||Dharampeth College|
|16||Airport South (Open Metro Station)||16||Subhash Nagar(Open Metro Station)|
|17||New Airport (Open Metro Station)||17||Rachana Ring Road|
|18||Khapri (Open Metro Station)||18||Vasudev Nagar (Open Metro Station)|
|20||Lokmanya Nagar(Open Metro Station)|
✅ CBTC Train Time Table Reach – 1
✅ CBTC Train Time Table Reach – 3
Feeder Services For First and Last Mile Connectivity
To provide first and last mile connectivity, Feeder Services such as Shuttle Buses, Battery Operated Vehicles, Pedestrian Facilities and Bicycles sharing schemes have been included in the project. There will be ✅ 19 Feeder routes covering all stations and a total distance of around 160 Km. Feeder Services will enhance the accessibility of the Metro for all classes of commuters, to / fro homes and offices.
- Two feeder corridors have been planned to provide seamless travel and wider coverage. The Feeder corridors will run between Satpur Colony via Garware to Mumbai Naka and between Nashik Road via Nandur Naka to Shivaji Nagar on the existing road network.The Ac Electric Coaches will be 12 /13 meter long with a carrying capacity of 60-70 passengers. These coaches will also run on the Main corridors and get charged during run by overhead traction and will operate on battery on the feeder routes.
- The buses will be air conditioned with automatic door closing system, level boarding, comfortable seats, passenger announcement system, and passenger information system with electronic display. The stations will have staircase, lift and escalators with passenger information display. The station entry and exit will be provided on both side of the road to avoid road crossing by passengers.
Fare collection Details and Fare Chart details of Nagpur Metro Rail are here.
Automatic fare collection system with combination of ✅ smart cards and computerized paper tickets
Metro Railway Rules
- Don’t jam your way onto the feeder bus or train. Wait for others to exit before you board.
- Don’t create inconvenience for others with your luggage.
- Stand up for others. Reserved seats are for elderly, women and disabled riders in the feeder bus or the Metro.
- Being rude or mean just takes the feeder bus operator’s attention away from the job of getting you to your destination safely.
- Be extremely careful while standing on the bus or train – it may look easy, but it’s not. And even if you don’t fall, you could hurt someone else.
- Keep the Metro, the Station and the Feeder Bus clean. Make sure litter makes it into the trash.
- Make sure that your phone calls and music players do not disturb other commuters.
- Spitting is a crime! It not only makes the place dirty but also can spread contagious diseases.
Nagpur Metro Rail Corporation Limited – Address
Metro House, Bunglow No: 28/2,
Anand Nagar,C K Naidu Road, Civil Lines,
E-mail Id: email@example.com