IRCTC Kashi Mahakal Express: Varanasi-Indore
The ✅ super fast fully air-conditioned Kashi Mahakal Express passenger train to be operated by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and it is the third corporate passenger train by Indian Railway. Kashi Mahakal Express was inaugurated on 16th February 2020 followed by a routine commercial run from 20th February 2020 onwards. The inaugural run of the train was flagged off from Varanasi by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi through video link. Details of Varanasi-Indore IRCTC Kashi Mahakal Express including ✅ route, fare, Booking and Cancellation are following.
- Salient Features
- Route Details
- Booking / Cancellation Details
- Train Time Table
- Train Fare Details
- Other main features of IRCTC Kashi Mahakal Express Trains
Details of other Private Trains by Railway :-
- ✅ Ahmedabad-Mumbai – Ahmedabad IRCTC Tejas Express
- ✅ Lucknow – New Delhi – Lucknow : IRCTC Tejas Express
Kashi Mahakal Express will be the first passenger train of its own kind which promises to be a full service overnight journey train with high levels of on-board services complemented with exclusive optional tour packages for the passengers covering the religious, business as well as tourism sites of the states of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. Being its first long distance overnight journey train, Indian Railways’ PSU IRCTC has geared up to provide a host of facilities and services to the passengers on-board including high quality vegetarian food, on-board bedrolls and housekeeping services and on-board security services.
IRCTC is running a new superfast train between Varanasi and Indore. This train will be run with completely new and fully air-conditioned coaches of 3AC class. The train will run three times a week between Varanasi & Indore and connects Heritage religious places of Varanasi (Kashi) known for Vishwanath Temple and Ganges Aarti to Ujjain known for Mahakaleshwar Temple. In between it touches cities of Industrial, Religious and Tourist places such as Omkareshwar known for Jyotirlinga Shrine, Allahabad (Prayagraj) known for Triveni Sangam, Lucknow known for Bara Imambara, Kanpur known for Industrial city, Indore known for Rajwada, Kanch Mandir etc. The train is connecting major educational centres of Varanasi, Lucknow, Allahabad, Kanpur and Indore.
- Super fast air-conditioned train
- Plying 3 days a week
- Vegetarian food
- Onboard bedroll
- Housekeeping services
- Free travel insurance of ✅ ₹10 lakhs
Kashi Mahakal Express will connect three Jyotirlinga – Omkareshwar (Near Indore), Mahakaleshwar (Ujjain) and Kashi Vishwanath (Varanasi) besides also connecting the industrial and educational hub of Indore and Bhopal the capital of Madhya Pradesh.
The train will operate thrice a week between Varanasi and Indore : once via Prayagraj (Allahabad) and twice via Lucknow. The route of the train will be via Sultanpur – Lucknow/Prayagraj – Kanpur – Jhansi – Bina – Sant Hiradnagar – Ujjain – Indore and back. The train will cover a total distance of 1131 km between Varanasi and Indore via Lucknow and a distance of 1102 km between Varanasi and Indore via Prayagraj (Allahabad) in approximately 19 hours.
Giving due respect to the religious sentiments of the travelling passengers and offer them with a value addition for various religious places and tourism sites covered by Kashi Mahakal Express, IRCTC is making tour packages of cities and religious sites covered by the train such as Kashi, Omkareshwar, Mahakaleshwar, Bhopal, Sanchi, Ujjain, Bhimbetka, Ayodhya and Prayag.
- The train will run via Sultanpur, Lucknow and Kanpur ✅ twice a week while it will run via Allahabad/Kanpur ✅ once a week.
- The train will have commercial ✅ halts at Varanasi, Sultanpur, Lucknow, Allahabad, Kanpur, Jhansi, Bina, Sant Hirdaram Nagar, Ujjain and Indore.
- For via Lucknow trip, Train will leave Varanasi at 14:45 Hrs. and reach Indore at 9:40 hrs on the following day, covering a distance of 1131 KM in 18 hours 55 minutes. On its run via Allahabad, the train will leave Varanasi at 15:15 Hrs. and reach Indore at 9:40 Hrs. on the following day covering a distance of 1102 KM in 18 hours 25 minutes.
- In its return direction, the train will leave Indore at 10:55 Hrs. on Monday, Wednesday & Friday and reach Varanasi at 06:00 Hrs when running via Lucknow & at 05:00 Hrs while running via Allahabad. Detailed timings and Days of a run are provided below:
Booking / Cancellation Details
- The train is available for booking exclusively on IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in and its mobile app “IRCTC Rail Connect”.
- There will be no booking at railway reservation counters.
- The trains will have advance reservation period of ✅ 120 days.
- ✅ No concession tickets in the train, children below 5 years of age have been exempted from fare and will be booked with their parents.
- Current Booking will be available to users after preparation of first chart which will normally be ✅ 4 hours to 5 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
- All passengers travelling on IRCTC trains will be provided with a complimentary Rail Travel Insurance of up to Rs. 10 Lakhs.
- IRCTC is further facilitating the passengers by allowing ✅ automatic full refund of the train fare in case of cancellation of the train for both waitlisted as well as confirmed e-tickets.
Train Time Table
Train Nos.82403/82401 Varanasi-Indore Weekly Express and Train Nos.82402/82404 Varanasi-Indore Bi-Weekly Express New Train Time Table 2019 – 2020are here
|Train No.82403||Train No.82401||Stations||Train No.82402||Train No.82404|
|Varanasi-Indore Weekly Express||Varanasi-Indore Bi-Weekly Express||Varanasi-Indore Bi-Weekly Express||Varanasi-Indore Weekly Express|
|Via Ahmedabad – Kanpur||Via Lucknow – Kanpur||Via Lucknow – Kanpur||Via Ahmedabad – Kanpur|
|15.15 (Sunday)||14.45 (Tuesday, Thursday)||D||Varanasi||A||06.00 (Thursday,Saturday)||05.00 (Tuesday)|
|09.40 (Monday)||09.40 (Wednesday, Friday)||A||Indore||D||10.55 (Wednesday, Friday)||10.55 (Monday)|
- Train No.82401/82402 : Sultanpur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Jhansi, Bina, Sant Hirdaram Nagar and Ujjain
- Train No.82403/82404 : Allahabad, Kanpur, Jhansi, Bina, Sant Hirdaram Nagar and Ujjain
To begin with, trains will run with Nine 3AC coaches, One Pantry car and two Brake van coaches, coaches will be increased during the course of time as per requirement.
Train Fare Details
- Train fare is dynamic in nature.
- IRCTC has been given the flexibility to decide the fare of the train.
Other main features of IRCTC Kashi Mahakal Express Trains
- These trains are available for booking exclusively on IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in and its mobile app “IRCTC Rail Connect”. There will be no booking at railway reservation counters. However, passengers can get their tickets booked through IRCTC authorized agents. The train will also be available for booking through IRCTC’ online travel portal partners like Paytm, Ixigo, PhonePe, Make My Trip, Google, Ibibo, Railyatri etc.
- Trains are also available for booking for on duty and leave travel of personnel of defence forces and Central Paramilitary Forces through their online e-ticketing portals integrated with IRCTC such as CGDA (Controller General of Defence Accounts) portal, CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) and NDRF (National Disaster Rescue Force) Portals, and to NSG (National Security Guards) etc.
- These trains have advance reservation period of ✅ 120 days.
- While there are no concession tickets in the train, children below 5 years of age have been exempted from fare and will be booked with their parents. Names of Children so booked will not appear on the chart. Children of age 5 years and above will be booked at full fare and will be provided with a seat.
- Train fare is dynamic in nature keeping in consideration the prevailing bus, taxi and rail fares. Trains have different series of fares for lean, busy and festive seasons. Further, train fares will be on point to point basis.
- Current Booking will be available to users after preparation of the first chart which will normally be 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the trains and up to 5 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
- There is ✅ no Tatkal quota or premium Tatkal quota in these trains. There is only General Quota and Foreign Tourist Quota.
- Berths are earmarked for Senior Citizens, Ladies, Divyanjan passengers as under:
- ✅ 82401/82403- Senior Citizens: 20 berths, Ladies: 6 berths, Divyangjan: 4 berths.
- ✅ 82402/82404- Senior Citizens: 20 berths, Ladies: 6 berths, Divyangjan: 6 berths.
Lower berths have been earmarked for Senior Citizens and Divyangjan, one full bay of 6 berths is reserved for Ladies. However, no concession will be applicable for these berths and these berths will be booked at full fare.
- All passengers travelling on this IRCTC trains will be provided with Rail Travel Insurance of up to Rs. 10 Lakhs, free of cost by IRCTC.
- In case of cancellation of the train, an automatic full refund of fare on confirmed and /or waitlisted e-tickets will be made. There will be no need of cancellation of the ticket or filing TDR in such cases. Onboard infotainment, services will be available in IRCTC trains to the passengers.
- High-quality food and beverages will be provided to the passengers on board in the train. Food will be compulsory and charges will be collected at the time of ticket booking itself. There will also be provided for separate free coffee and tea vending machines. Service in the train will be done through trolleys similar to airlines.
- IRCTC will imbibe regional delicacies having local and ethnic cuisines to suit the taste buds of passengers. On board hospitality, services will be managed through professional and competent staff from either gender.
- IRCTC will also extend the facilities of taxi hire, hotel bookings etc. on payment to such passengers who need it. The wheelchair will also be provided to passengers on demand.
- Ticket cancellation and refund rules are provided separately
- Coronavirus : Railways Arrangements
- IRCTC Tejas/Kashi Mahakal Express Cancelled/Refund Details
- New Train Details 2020