UTS Mobile Ticketing App
Indian Railway launched a mobile app for generating unreserved train tickets under Railway zones. Facility for purchasing unreserved tickets through mobile phone is available at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and Secunderabad. The application name is UTS on Mobile or Mobile railway ticket app. This application will enable the passenger to book Unreserved tickets with a few swipes on the smartphones.
IRCTC provides option for UTS Mobile App to book Suburban (I and II Class) for Journey ticket, Season Ticket. Express/Mail and Super Fast Trains for Unreserved Ticket and Platform Tickets. UTS allows passengers to book and cancel unreserved tickets.
CRIS (Centre for Railway Information Systems) has developed the Unreserved Ticketing System. This is a part of Operation five minutes and digital India initiative. Commuters can show their Mobile instead of tickets. But if any passenger need the hard copy, they will be able to get it by just punching in the ticket number in the cash/smart card – operated Ticket Vending Machines, installed at the booking hall.
About the App
- UTS allows passengers to book and cancel unreserved tickets, renew passes and buy platfrom tickets.
- Commuter has to be within 5 km of the station from where the journey begins to book a paperless ticket with a GPS – enabled smartphone.
- The journey has to commence within three hours of booking through UTS app.
- Passengers can recharge the rail wallet either through UTS counters and website.
- Book unreserved train tickets
- Issue/renew season tickets
- Cancel tickets
- Book platform tickets
- Use R-Wallet/Paytm/Mobikwik for payments.
There are two modes of taking mobile journey tickets
- Paper Ticket: The passenger can book ticket through the mobile app. On booking of ticket, he/she will get Booking ID along with other ticket details and take
print out at the Automatic Ticket Vending Machine (ATVM) using the booking ID.
- Paperless Ticket: The passenger can book paperless ticket through mobile application and ticket will be delivered in the mobile application itself. The
passenger can travel without taking hard copy of the ticket. In order to have paperless ticket, the Smartphone should be GPS enabled.
Methods in simple steps
The UTS Mobile App is easy to use for paperless travelling.
- Sign-up or log-in on UTS app. Choose city as Mumbai.
- Now select your destination, type of ticket (local/season pass) and number of tickets.
- Tickets for the new AC local trains can also be booked via the UTS app.
- Use R-wallet for easy ticket booking.
- Recharge R-wallet online.
- Tickets booked via UTS app can be printed at Optical Character Recognition (OCR) or at ATVM kiosks
- Registration can be done through mobile phone app or website.
- The passenger first will get registered by providing his/her mobile number , name, Identification card number, city, default booking train type, class, ticket type, number of passenger, and frequently travelling routes.
- The passenger will press the Generate OTP and OTP will be sent as SMS to the mobile specified in the application.
- The passenger has to type the received OTP in the application.
- Passengers can renew the old season ticket along with new tickets.
- User can Recharge (Top-Up) the Wallet, using the payment options as Internet Banking and Debit Card facility.
- Money is deducted from user’s account and his wallet will be credited after successful transaction.
- Recharge R-wallet online on www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in or on any suburban ticket window.
- The passengers are allowed to book normal (non-concession) journey/return paperless tickets.
- The journey date will always be current date. No advance ticket booking is allowed.
- Tickets can be booked by invoking the Mobile Apps on smart phones.
- The passenger will be login to the application by giving Mobile number and password for authentication, which will enable only users who have done the registration for mobile ticket to use the application.
- In case internet connection of the mobile is not working, the passenger will not be allowed to book ticket.
The application will do the following
- Get the GPS location of the passenger. In case, the GPS location of the passenger is not readable, the passenger will not be allowed to book ticket.
- Journey ticket once booked cannot be cancelled to avoid refund after performing the journey. Hence, no refund should be permitted for the paperless tickets
issued through Smartphone.
- In case, the passenger is not able to show ticket to the ticket checking staff , then this should be considered as ticket less travel.
- Paperless ticket is not allowed to take printout at the ATVM.
- The journey should commence within 1 hour after booking the paperless ticket.
Benefits of Paper less tickets
- We can avoid unnecessary queue
- We can save our time, others time
We can save electricity
- We can save paper.
UTS App : iOS Version
Recently i.e on 13.03.2018, Mumbai division launched iOS version of UTS App.
UTS Mobile App is now available for iOS users too for paperless travelling on Mumbai suburban. Click the link – UTS App iOS Version or scan the QR code to download the app.
The link to download the UTS App is : – UTS Mobile App is now on iOS Platform
For registaraion : User Registration
For further Information : UTS Mobile Ticketing
For the questions and answers related to UTS Mobile Ticketing : Frequently Asked Questions
For downloading the app : UTS App Install