Train Ticket Fare by Indian Railway
In this post you will complete details related to Train Fare exists with Indian Railways. This including exclusive Train fare calculator , Train Fare Table Charts for all types of trains ( For Manual fare calculation / Traditional method ) . Also providing details for Train ticket fare / Platform ticket fare details by Indian Railway and IRCTC. We are giving details related to Railway Platform Tickets, Train Ticket including AC / Non-AC / Sleeper / General Tickets and fare details of trains including Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto etc.
Following are the details.
- Mail / Express Trains Fare Table 2020
- Rajdhani Trains Fare Table 2020
- Duronto Express Trains Fare Table 2020
- Updated Fare Details of Humsafar Express Trains
- Fare Structure of AC EMU/DEMU/MEMU RAKES/Coaches
- Introduction of Convenience Fee For Online Booking of Train Tickets (01.09.2019)
- Fare structure of Anubhuti Coach
- First Mumbai AC Local Train Fare Details
- Fare of Mumbai and Madgaon Janshatabdi Express with Vista Dome Coaches
Revision of Train Passenger Fares 2020
- Ministry of Railways revises the basic passenger fare as per revised passenger fare table published by Indian Railway Conference Association (IRCA), effective from January 1, 2020.
- Ministry of Railways: There shall be no fare hike for passengers over suburban sections and season ticket holders.
Indian Railway announced that Railway has decided a marginal increase in fare only over the non-suburban sections. But there shall be no fare hike for passengers over suburban sections and season ticket holders.
Every for the passengers travelling in Ordinary Non AC Classes, there shall be a marginal increase of 1 paise/PKM (Passenger Kilometer). The increase in fare will be on tickets bought on or after 1st January 2020 and no excess fare (difference of fare) will be charged from passengers who have booked tickets before 1st January 2020.
The fare revision is as below.
I. Ordinary Non – AC classes : Fare increase by 01 paisa/km
ii. Mail/Express Non – AC classes : Fare increase by 02 paisa/km
iii. AC classes – Fare increase by 04 paisa/km
iv. Suburban fare and Season tickets : No increase
|S.NO.||Class||Increase in Fare per Passenger Kilo Meter (PKM)|
|I||Suburban (Single Journey Fare)||No Change|
|ii||Season Tickets (Suburban & Non - Suburban)||No Change|
|Ordinary Non - AC (Non - Suburban)|
|iii||Second Class Ordinary||01 Paise|
|iv||Sleeper Class Ordinary||01 Paise|
|v||First Class Ordinary||01 Paise|
|Mail/Express Non - AC|
|vi||Second Class (Mail/Express)||02 Paise|
|vii||Sleeper Class (Mail/Express)||02 Paise|
|viii||First Class (Mail/Express)||02 Paise|
|ix||AC Chair Car||04 Paise|
|x||AC 3 - Tier/3E||04 Paise|
|xi||AC 2-Tier||04 Paise|
|xii||AC First Class/EC/EA||04 Paise|
- Existing fares of train services like Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto, Vande Bharat, Tejas, Humsafar, Mahamana, Gatiman, Antyodaya, Garib Rath, Jan Shatabdi, Rajya Rani, Yuva Expresses, Suvidha and special trains on special charges, AC MEMU (non-suburban), AC DEMU (non-suburban) etc shall similarly be revised to the extent of the above proposed increase in class-wise fares.
- There shall be no change in charges for reservation fee, super fast surcharge etc. Such charges, wherever applicable, shall continue to be levied additionally. GST as applicable shall be levied, as per instructions issued from time to time.
- GST as applicable shall be levied, as per instruction issued from time to time.
- Rounding off of fares shall be done as per existing principle.
- In the case of tickets already issued at pre-revised rates, difference of fare on or after 01.01.2020 shall not be collected. However, any new tickets made by TTE/ticket checking staff in trains/at stations on or after 01.01.2020 shall be charge on revised fare.
Train fare calculator – 2020
By the help of following Train Fare Calculator you may easily identify the train ticket fare between any Railway stations across India.
If you are not able to view the Train Fare Calculator then please visit Train Fare Calculator 2019
If you find this useful don’t forget to subscribe us to get latest information similar to these. We are also welcoming your valuable comments to improve these process as well.
Indian Railway Fare Table 2020 Complete List
Following list shows the Indian Railways Fare table / Fare chart from official announcement (Available at a Trains at Glance). All the indicative of Base Fares only. Here you can calculate the fare manually based upon the corresponding Kilometers specified on the table.
More types of trains fares are on the way so make this post bookmark or revisit after sometime.
Mail / Express Trains Fare Table 2020
Mail or Express Trains Fare Table for 2020 is as follows.
Rajdhani / Duronto Express Trains Fare Table 2020
Rajdhani or Duronto Express Trains Fare Table for 2020 is as follows. Please note all the fares are showed as Base fare only.
Indian Railway Suburban Train Fare
Details of Indian Railway Suburban Train Fare are here:-
|SUB URBAN FARE EFFECTIVE FROM 7-Oct-2013|
|DISTANCE (KMS)||II CLASS||I CLASS|
|II CLASS||Monthly Season- MST||Quarterly Season -QST||1 CLASS||Monthly Season -MST||Quarterly Season -QST|
|ADULT||CHILD||ADULT||CHILD||SC/ST STUDENT||ADULT||CHILD||SC/ST STUDENT||ADULT||CHILD||ADULT||CHILD||SC/ST STUDEN T||ADULT||CHILD||SC/ST STUDEN T|
|EXPLANATORY NOTES APPLICABLE TO MUMBAI SUBURBAN LOCAL TRAINS ONLY|
|MUTP SURCHARGE 1- 10 KM(Apply to All Mumbai Suburban Trains )||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL||NIL|
|MUTP SURCHARGE 11- 50 KM (Apply to all Mumbai Suburban Trains)||3||3||30||30||30||90||90||90||6||6||60||60||60||180||180||180|
|MUTP SURCHARGE 51- 100 KM (Apply to all Mumbai Suburban Trains)||3||3||45||45||45||135||135||135||6||6||90||90||90||270||270||270|
|MUTP SURCHARGE 101-150 KM or exceed (Apply to all Mumbai Suburban Trains)||3||3||60||60||60||180||180||180||6||6||120||120||120||360||360||360|
|CIDCO SURCHARGE on all passengers travelling across Thane Creek from/to all stations beyond Sanpada upto Ghansoli i. e Turbhe/Koparkhairana and Ghansoli||2||2||50||50||50||150||150||150||4||4||125||125||125||375||375||375|
|Surcharge on all passengers travelling across Thane Creek from/to all stations beyond Ghansoli upto Thane or from/to beyond Thane i.e Rabada/Airavalli/Thane or from /to beyond Thane towards Ghatgopar/Kalyan etc.||3||3||67||67||67||201||201||201||5||5||167||167||167||501||501||501|
|Surcharge on all passengers travelling across Kalwa Creek from/to all stations between Airavalli to Turbhe i.e.Airavalli, Rabada,Ghansoli, Koparkhairana &Turbhe||2||2||50||50||50||150||150||150||4||4||125||125||125||375||375||375|
|Surcharge on all passengers travelling across Kalwa Creek From/To All stations between Turbhe to Kharghar that is sanpada, Vashi, Juinagar, Nerul, Seawood Darave, Belapur C.B.D., Kharghar.||3||3||67||67||67||201||201||201||5||5||167||167||167||501||501||501|
|Surcharge on all passengers travelling across Kalwa creek from/to all stations between kharghar to Panvel that is Mansarvoar- khandeshwar/panvel or From /To Beyond panvel.||4||4||80||80||80||240||240||240||6||6||200||200||200||600||600||600|
|surcharge on all Passengers Travelling From/To Any station in Navi Mumbai between Airavali-Turbhe-sanpada- Vashi-Panvel stations or From/To beyond Panvel Up to Vashi/Airavali stations (Without Crossing Thane or Kalwa Creek Bridges)||1||1||17||17||17||51||51||51||2||2||42||42||42||126||126||126|
|Surcharge on all Passengers Travelling across Thane Creek from/to all stations between Vashi and Belapur C.B.D. (Inclusive)||2||2||50||50||50||150||150||150||4||4||125||125||125||375||375||375|
|Surcharge on all Passengers Travelling across Thane Creek From/To all stations Between Belapur C.B.D. (Exclusive) and Panvel or From/To beyond Panvel||3||3||67||67||67||201||201||201||5||5||167||167||167||501||501||501|
|VENDORS CHARGES 1 TO 40 KMS||70|
|VENDORS CHARGES 41 TO 80 KMS||120|
|VENDORS CHARGES 81 TO 120 KMS||165|
|TOURIST TICKET 1 DAY ( Mumbai suburban Train only)||75||40||260||130|
|TOURIST TICKET 3 DAY ( Mumbai suburban Train only)||115||60||420||210|
|TOURIST TICKET 5 DAY (Mumbai suburban Train only)||135||70||490||245|
TRAIN FARE GENERAL RULES
Train Fare General Rules with explanatory notes for fares are following.
- The fares will be same in case of all distance within that distance slab.
- Minimum distance for charge of 200 km in Sleeper Class will not be applicable in case of Sleeper Coaches declared as unreserved coaches by Zonal Railways in notified trains and in specified sections. In such cases, actual fares as shown in the concerned column will be levied/charged.
- All fares notified are Base Fares. All other miscellaneous charges like Reservation Fee, Super fast Charge, Catering Charge, GST etc. wherever applicable will be levied additionally.
- Base fares for high speed trains like Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto, Garib Rath, Jan Shatabdi, Yuva etc, as given in this Coaching Tariff, are also exclusive of Reservation fee, Super fast Charge, Catering Charge, etc. These charges, wherever applicable will be levied additionally.
- Suburban fares shall be levied for journeys performed in the suburban sections only. Non-suburban fares shall apply in case of all other journeys.
Rounding- off of Fares:-
- Fares of all classes except Second Class Ordinary (Suburban). Chargeable Fares, as obtained after adding Miscellaneous Charges like Reservation Fee, Supplementary charge for Super fast trains, Catering Charge, Goods and service Tax etc. to the Basic Fare, will be rounded off to the next higher multiple of ₹ 5.
- Second Class (Suburban) Fares Chargeable Fares for Second Class Suburban Passengers, as obtained after adding applicable miscellaneous charges like MUTP Fare, is proposed to be rounded off to the next higher multiple of Five Rupees.
- In Peak (1st April – 31st July and 1st September – 31st January) and Lean (1st February – 31st March and 1st August – 31st August) seasons the fares are different.
- In Popular trains, the peak period fares shall be applicable throughout the year in cased of journeys undertaken in AC First and AC 2-Tier Classes.
- The point – to – point fares for all pairs of stations, including intermediate to intermediate stations, in case of Shatabdi, Jan Shatabdi, Rajdhani and Duronto sets of trains shall be notified by the Zonal Railways.
- Children under 5 years of age will be carried free of charge. Child Fare Rule details are here.
- Bed Rolls will be supplied to passengers in AC First Class, AC 2-Tier and AC 3-Tier Classes in all trains, except Garib Rath Express. Bedroll in Train Online Purchase
- Quarterly Season Tickets fares will be 2.7 times the Monthly season Tickets (MST) fares.
Train Tickets Rate – Latest News
Train Ticket Rates latest news are here.
Fare Structure of AC EMU/DEMU/MEMU RAKES/Coaches
Ministry of Railway published a circular dt 06.11.2019 regarding the fare structure of AC EMU/DEMU/MEMU Rakes/Coaches, details are following. Fare of AC coaches in mixed AC cum non AC coaches/rakes shall be kept at par with that of AC EMU/DEMU/MEMU services I.e 1.3 times of base fare of single journey tickets of first class.
Introduction of Convenience Fee For Online Booking of Train Tickets
IRCTC announced that Railway decided to introduction of Convenience Fee for online booking of tickets through IRCTC w.e.f. 01-Sep-2019 , details are following.
- Second Sitting (2S) Ticket – Convenience Fee of ₹ 15 + GST
- Sleeper (SL) class tickets – Convenience Fee of ₹ 15 + GST
- For all other classes – Convenience Fee of ₹ 30 + GST
Fare structure of Anubhuti Coach
Ministry of Railways has decided to introduce Anubhuti coach with additional features like improved interiors, amenities and facilities, ergonomically designed seat, improved modular toilets with hand-free taps, automatic IC sliding doors, overhead reading light for individual seat, GPS based passenger system, diffused LED lighting, special exterior painting with anti-graffitti coating, higher speed potential etc,. The fare structure of Anubhuti Coach Indian Railway published through a press release, following are the details. Child Fare Rule in Trains
- Anubhuti coach shall be attached in Shatabdi trains as additional Executive Class where there is only one EC Coach and where there is two or more EC coach then one of existing executive class coach may be replaced by Anubhuti coach. The fare of Anubhuti coach attached in Shatabdi trains shall be 1.2 times of executive class fare of Shatabdi trains.
- In exceptional cases where Anubhuti coach is to be attached in Gatimaan Express and Tejas Express as replacement of existing Executive class and then fare shall be same as that of Executive class coaches of respective mentioned trains.
- Other charges like reservation fee, super fast surcharge, Goods and service tax etc., as applicable shall be levied separately.
- Normal Child fare rules will apply. No concessional tickets and tickets against Free complimentary passes which are not fully reimbursed shall be admissible in this coach.
- Booking of tickets against Passes issued to Member of Parliaments and Rail travel coupons (RTCs) issued to MLA/NALGs-shall be permissible as they are fully reimbursed.
- The eligibility of Privilege pass/PTO for Railway employees shall be on par with eligibility in the respective class of trains in which such coaches are attached etc.,.
- Full fare Defence warrants shall be allowed for exchange as per the actual fare. 3.0 Vacant berths left at the time of first charting would be offered for current booking. Tickets under current booking shall be sold at the last price sold for that class with 10% discount on last price and other supplementary charges like reservation fee, super fast charges, Goods and service tax etc., as applicable shall be levied in full.
First Mumbai AC Local Train Fare Details
AC locals’s maiden trip to start from Andheri. 2.10 pm local to run to Churchgate on December 25th.
- 12 Services will run every Weekday.
- 8 Services will run as fast locals between Churchgate and Virar stopping at Mumbai Central, Dadar, Bandra, Andheri, Borivali, Bhayander and Vasai.
- 3 Services will run between Churchgate and Borivali and will be connected to a slow train between Mahalaxmi and Borivali station.
- The 1st and 12th coach from Churchgate end are earmarked as ladies coaches.
- 7 seats in the second and eleventh coach will be earmarked for senior citizens.
- 10 seats in forth and seventh coaches have been earmarked for Divyangs.
Fare Structure for AC local train
The fare structure of AC EMU service shall be as under
Base fare of the single journey of AC EMU shall be 1.3 times of the base fare of existing fare of single journey ticket for first class. However as an introductory offer for a period of initial six months, the base fare of single journey of AC EMU shall be charged 1.2 times of the base fare of existing fare of single journey ticket of first class. The difference between 1.3 times and 1.2 times will be shown in the ticket as discount during the introductory period.
Season tickets :- Weekly, Fortnightly and monthly season tickets shall be charged equivalent to 5, 7.5 and 10 single journey of AC EMU respectively. No other type of season tickets shall be issued for the time being.
AC EMU ticket holder shall also be allowed to travel by first class compartments of local trains.
Other Supplementary charges :- MUTP surcharge ‘or any other charges if applicable shall be levied separately as per applicable rate for first class coach,
Goods and Service Tax (GST) @ 5% shall be levied on the total fare as per the existing principle.
- AC EMU ticket holder shall also be allowed to travel by first class compartment of local trains-.
- Announcement shall be made as more trains are introduced, the regular fare shall be 1.3 times of the basic fare of First class single journey tickets and other applicable supplementary charges.
- All other terms and conditions for issue of journey tickets/season tickets shall be same.
- The details of fare charges of AC local train are displayed as under :-
Comparison of 1st Class and AC Local Fare in ₹ ( Base fare * 1.2 times for 1st 6 months)
|Single Ticket Fare||Weekly Season Ticket||Fortnightly Season Ticket||Monthly Season Ticket|
|From||To||First Class||AC Local||First Class||AC Local||First Class||AC Local||First Class||AC Local|
For more details about firs Mumbai AC Local , please go through the following link:-
Fare of Mumbai and Madgaon Janshatabdi Express with Vista Dome Coaches
Central Railway announced the fare of Mumbai and Madgaon Vista Dome Coaches. Following are the details.
Fare will be equivalent to that of Executive class in Shatabdi Express without Catering charges.
Reservation Charges, GST and any other charges will be levied in addition to the basic fare.
There shall be no concession and all passengers will be charged at full fare. Minimum chargeable distance shall be 50 km.
PLATFORM TICKET FARE
Ticket Fare for Platform Ticket Purchase
During March 2015 Railway Board had increased Platform Tickets from Rs. 5 to Rs.10 and delegated the powers to divisions to increase the Platform ticket beyond Rupees 10 in order to regulate rush at platforms during any specific requirements.
- Platform ticket normal costs ₹ 10 per person
- Validity of the ticket is only for 2 hours
But in rush period Railway division has the power to increase the Platform tickets price, details are following.
Covid 19 : Platform Ticket Increased As Preventive Measure
Central Railway announced that CR on its Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Bhusaval and Solapur divisions increased the platform ticket from ₹10/- to ₹50/- till further advice as preventive measure against Covid 19.
Western Railway decided to increase the rate of platform tickets with a view to restrict & discourage the number of passengers in railway premises including platform and FOBs as measure to mitigate the Pandemic Corona virus infection.
The ticket rate has been increased from ₹.10/- to ₹.50 /- at 26 stations of W. Rly’s Mumbai Division with effect from 17/03/2020. These stations are Surat, Bandra (T), Borivali, Udhna, Mumbai Central, Vapi, Dadar, Valsad, Navsari, Andheri, Vasai Road, Boisar, Nandurbar, Bilimora, Amalner, Virar, Palghar, Bandra, Bhayandar, Dahanu Road, Goregaon, Nalasopara, Vyara, Dondaicha, Churchgate and Malad.
There will be no change in the rate of platform tickets of rest of the stations. Similarly, the other divisions of W. Rly have also increased the platform ticket rates at select stations from ₹.10/- to ₹.50 /- as a precautionary measure for crowd management.
Southern Railway announced that in view of this, in order to reduce the number of non travellers in stations, Chennai division has increased the rate of platform tickets, at Dr MGR Chennai Central, Chennai Egmore, and Tambaram Railway Stations from the existing rate of Rs.10 to Rs.50 with immediate effect till 31st March 2020.
South Eastern Railway
The new tariff of Platform Ticket will be between Rs. 20 to Rs. 50 as per gradation of the stations under S E Railway’s jurisdiction. This new rate will be applicable w.e.f 19.03.2020.
The increased price of Platform Ticket at different stations is given below:
|Name of the Stations||Increased Price of Platform Ticket (Rs.)|
|Howrah (New Complex)||50/-|
|Kharagpur & Tatanagar||40/-|
|Santragachi, Shalimar, Mecheda, Ranchi, Hatia, Balasore, Jharsuguda, Rourkela and Bokaro Steel City||30/-|
|Panskura, Bagnan, Midnapur, Jhargram, Chakradharpur, Adra, Bankura, Bishnupur, Purulia, Digha, Jaleswar and Ghatsila||20/-|
The Price of Platform Tickets at all other stations in SER’s jurisdiction will remain as before.
Price Hike in Platform Ticket at Dr. MGR Chennai Central Railway Station
Southern Railway announced that the platform ticket being sold at Puratchi Thalaivar Dr.MGR Chennai Central will be increased from Rs. 10 to 15 for period of 3 months, starting from 1st April 2020 to 30th June 2020.
This has been done keeping in view the peak summer traffic expected to commence from 1st April and with the objective to decongest platforms and to make it convenient for circulation of originating and terminating passengers at the station. This present increase in platform ticket price is done in accordance with power delegated by Railway Board.
It also may be stated that Platform ticket are available for passengers at Booking office in Moore Market Complex, Platform No 1 end (on Walltax Road side) and there is an exclusive platform ticket counter near gate No 5 of the Dr. MGR Chennai Central Railway Station.
This increase will be effective from 1st April, 2020 to 30th June, 2020.