Train 18 : Vande Bharat Express
Indian Railway introduced India’s first engine-less self propelled train called Train 18 or Vande Bharat Express.
Vande Bharat Express is most recent edition of Indian Railways where built under make in India project. Its having all new gen technologies used. You can feel the same from the door to seat. I am sure you will definitely fall in love when you saw the same. You feel like you have entered the Airlines instead of a Train in India.
Vande Bharat Express Review Video
On January 17, 2019 – Minister of Railways and Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal announced the name Vande Bharat Express for Train 18, acknowledging its made-in-India status. He called it a ‘vandaniya’ step towards realisation of New India vision. This train set has been manufactured by Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in the period of 18 months under ‘Make in India’ program.
Details of Trains 18 are following.
Train-18, the fastest train from railways’ stable, will be flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 29,2018 likely from his constituency Varanasi. The country’s first engineless train will replace Shatabdi trains and will run between Delhi and Varanasi.
Train 18, manufactured by ICF Chennai at a cost of Rs 100 crore, recently became India’s fastest train by hitting speeds of over 180 kmph during trial-run on a section of the Delhi – Rajdhani route.
- The train will start from New Delhi station at 6am and is expected to reach Varanasi at 2pm.
- For the return journey, the train will start at 2.30pm from Varanasi and reach the national capital at 10.30pm on the same day.
The train will have two executive compartments which will have 52 seats each and trailer coaches will have 78 seats each.
Revised Timing Details of Vande Bharat Express
Train Nos.22436/22435 New Delhi-Varanasi ‘ Vande Bharat Express ‘ ( 05 days of week ) Regular operation will start from 17.02.2019 . This car is the first semi-high speed car built in the country with state-of-the-art facilities.
Regular operation –
- New Delhi from – car number. 22436 from 17.02.2019 in addition to every Monday and Thursday (05 days in week)
- From Varanasi – Train No. 22435 In addition to every Monday and Thursday from 05.02.2019 (05 days in week)
- Car Structure – Executive Chair Car – 02 , Chair Car – 12
Time and stop
|22436 New Delhi-Varanasi |
Vande Bhaiya Express
|station||22435 Varanasi-New Delhi |
Vande Bhaiya Express
|Departure 06.00||New Delhi||Arrival 23.00|
|Arrivals 14.00||Varanasi||Depart 15.00|
Railway announced that there will be some changes in the timing of Train No.22436 New Delhi – Varanasi Vande Bharat Express at Kanpur Central and Allahabad Jn station w.e.f 26.03.2019(Tuesday). Following are the details.
Revised Time of 22436 New Delhi – Varanasi Vande Bharat Express
|Train No. 22436 New Delhi-Varanasi |
Vande Bhaiya Express
|Existing Timing Arr / Dep||Revised Timing Arr/Dep|
|New Delhi||- / 06.00||No Change|
|Kanpur||10.18 / 10.20||10.08 / 10.10|
|Allahabad||12.23 / 12.25||12.08 / 12.10|
|Varanasi||14.00 / -||No Change|
Main Features : Train 18
- Train 18 is an engineless train: has driving cabs at both ends and 16 modern coaches.
- Coaches have traction, like in EMU trains, that allows greater acceleration
- It has 14 AC chair cars and 2 executive class coaches.
- Plush seats can be swivelled in direction of movement
- In Executive Class, seats can be swivelled to face continuous windows
- Doors are sliding and toilets vacuum – controlled.
- On-board infotainment, non-stop wi-fi likely.
- Touch sensitive lights above the seat.
- Train speed indication on screen
- Every bogies having Railway pantry services storage space.
Salient Features of Vande Bharat Train
- No concession and child fare shall be admissible in this train. Only full fare adult ticket shall be issued.
- No Senior Citizen /Divyang/Journalist concession ticket booking is allowed in this train.
- The passenger boarding from ALD to BSB and from BSB to ALD shall have Option to opt out of on-board catering services at the time of booking.
- The fare, for those passengers who do not opt for catering services between ALD to BSB station (up/down directions) in advance at the time of booking, shall not include the respective catering charges.
- If a passenger who did not opt for catering service in advance and subsequently decides to purchase the same on-board, an extra amount of Rs.50/-per service, in addition to the above catering charges, shall be charged.
- No other quota is available except General and Tatkal Quota.
- This train runs on Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun in a week.
- Other Terms and Conditions for booking, cancellation, refund etc. shall be as per Shatabdi trains.
Trail Run Details
India’s ‘fastest’ train, seen as a successor to the 30-year-old Shatabdi Express, will make its debut on the tracks on Monday (29.10.2018) with trail runs. It is built by Integral Coach Factory (ICF) Chennai under Make in India Project in a short period of 18 months. The first set of train will run between New Delhi and Bhopal. It will replace Delhi-Bhopal Shatabdi Express which is currently the fastest train of Shatabdi Series. The train has state-of-the-art features including seats that can rotate 360 degrees and can be aligned in the direction of travel. The train does not have an engine and will cut travel time by 15 per cent as compared to the Shatabdi.
The fully-air conditioned Train 18 comes with on-board infotainment system with Wi-Fi, vacuum toilets, sliding doors and continuous windows for a contemporary modern look are some other features of the train set. Train 18 has diffused lighting, automatic doors and sliding footsteps besides GPS-based Passenger Information System and charging points at every seat. The self-propelled train, fitted with CCTV cameras, would have two executive compartments in the middle with 52 seats each, whereas trailer coaches would have 78 seats each.
Built at a cost of Rs. 100 crore, the first train set will have a few imported components such as French-made seats, brakes and couplers from Germany, along with a Czech-made door system, all of which are to be indigenised for the next rake. Like in a metro, the doors of Train 18 would open only after the train stops to ensure safety of passengers. The train would start only after all doors are shut.
After test runs in Chennai, Train 18 will run at 160 kmph as against 130 kmph of the Shatabdi. The train will reach Delhi on November 7 and then move to the Moradabad-Bareli section for a second round of test run. The final trails will be held between Kota and Sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan.