TDR Rule in Indian Railway
TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt) can be submitted to claim refund basically for the people who did not travel by train they booked the ticket. TDR rule in Indian Railway are following.
If the customer was not able to perform the journey due to any /or the following reason, can submit the TDR.
- Train Cancelled By Railways
- Train running Late by More than Three hours
- Difference of Fare in case proper coach not attached
- AC Failure
- Traveled without proper ID proof
- Wrongly charged by TTE
- Party partially traveled
- Passenger Not traveled
- TDR Rules
- In case train is cancelled by the Railway due to accidents, breaches or floods, Bandh or Rail Roko agitation etc- full refund of the fare of entire booked journey will be granted On line cancellation can be done up to 72 hrs.
- In case train is running late more than 3 hrs- full fare will be refunded.
- In case proper coach is not attached-Difference of fare between the booked class and lower traveled class will be refunded. Certificate from the TTE (in original) for the lower class traveled is must to claim for refund.
- In case of AC failure of AC 1 class/Executive class- Difference of fare between AC 1 class or Executive class and First Class will be refunded for the distance AC not worked. Certificate from the TTE (in original) for the AC not worked is must to claim for refund.
- In case of AC failure of AC 2/AC 3 class- Difference of fare between AC 2/AC 3 class and Sleeper Class will be refunded for the distance AC not worked. Certificate from the TTE (in original) for the AC not worked is must to claim for refund.
- In case of AC failure of AC chair car class- Difference of fare between AC chair car class and second class will be refunded for the distance AC not worked. Certificate from the TTE (in original) for the AC not worked is must to claim for refund.
- In case Travelling without proper ID proof-will be considered without ticket and will be charged accordingly. Chief Commercial Manager/Refunds can be approached for discretionary refund. Excess fare ticket (EFT) (in original) issued by the TTE is must to claim for refund.
- In case of wrongly charged by the TTE-full refund will be granted by the Chief Commercial Manager/Refunds. Excess fare ticket (EFT) (in original) issued by the TTE is must to claim for refund.
- In case party/ family partially traveled- refund will be granted by the Chief Commercial Manager/Refunds as per rule. Certificate from the TTE (in original) for the less passenger traveled is must to claim for refund.
- In case passenger not traveled- refund will be granted by the Chief Commercial Manager/Refunds as per extant Railway rule.
- Partially used reserved ticket by Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Jan Shatabadi Exp- No refund is allowed.
- In case Railway is not able to provide accommodation-full refund will be granted.
- Refund on Tatkal Ticket- if it is cancelled up to 24 hrs before the scheduled departure of the train 25% excluding the Tatkal charges will be refunded. Thereafter no refund means would be zero refund.
In case the train is diverted and not touching the passenger’s boarding/destination station or short terminated, the customer need to file #TDR upto 72 hrs from scheduled departure of #train from passenger’s #boarding #stationhttps://t.co/s3mX8VqAiN pic.twitter.com/t17M8JIxii
— IRCTC (@IRCTCofficial) May 17, 2018
Note-Certificate from the TTE (in original) for the AC not worked or Excess fare ticket(EFT) (in original) issued by the TTE for wrongly charged or Certificate from the TTE (in original) for the less passenger traveled may be submitted to the following address along with the application to claim for refund
General Manager (Operations),Indian Railway Catering and Tourism, Corporation Ltd.,2nd Floor, STC Building,1, Tolstoy Marg,New Delhi – 110 001.
TDR Rules For e-Ticket
- The TDR Refund will be processed as per Extant Railway Rules.
- TDR should be filed before or within 1 hour of the Departure of Train.
- The refund process will take at-least 60 days and more
- E-ticket refund request (after chart preparation) can be filed online.
How to File TDR for e-ticket?
For filing online TDR, select ‘File Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR)’ from menu ‘Services’.
For the ticket booked at the old site, select ‘Old Transaction History’ from menu ‘My Transactions’ and after getting the password verified select ‘File TDR’ link in the left panel under the “My Transactions” menu. IRCTC will forward the claim to Concerned Railways to process the refund and money of refund amount will be credited back to the same account through which payment was made after receiving the same from the concerned Railways. For any other clarifications please mail to email@example.com
For the ticket booked at a new site, go to My Transaction->Booked Ticket history, select the ticket for which you want to file TDR and click on transaction id there you will get one button to file the TDR.
Now Cancellation and TDR filing facility available on IRCTC Rail Connect Android App for the e-tickets booked through IRCTC website also.
TDR Rules For i-Ticket
In case of i-ticket, online refund request is not allowed. For i-ticket please follow the following procedure:
Surrender the I-Ticket with the Station Master and obtain a Ticket Deposit Receipt.
Send your claim for refund to the following address attaching the original copy of the TDR to: General Manager (Operations), Indian Railway Catering and Tourism, Corporation Ltd., 2nd Floor, STC Building, 1, Tolstoy Marg, New Delhi – 110 001.
IRCTC will process the refund claim with the Railway Administration and refund granted by the Railway shall be credited to your account
Refund claims under above clause may require at least 60 days or more for processing
How to File TDR for Tatkal Ticket?
No refund will be granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets. For contingent cancellation and waitlisted Tatkal ticket cancellations, charges will be deducted as per existing Railway rules. Partial cancellation of Tatkal e-tickets is allowed but at least one passenger with ID card printed on ERS/VRM should not be canceled. On cancellation of all the passengers whose ID card details is printed on ERS/VRM, all the passengers on that e-ticket will be cancelled.
TDR Refund Rules
- Ticket Booking/cancellation Hours: 00.30 HRS to 11.30 HRS
- IRCTC Service Charges for I-Ticket (Service charge levied is not Refundable):-
Class and Service Charge are following
- Sleeper Class/Second Class (SL/2S) : Rs.40/- per ticket plus service Tax
Higher Class (1AC,2AC,3AC,CC,3E,FC) : Rs.60/- per ticket plus service Tax
IRCTC Service Charges for E-Ticket (Service charge levied is not Refundable):-
Class and Service Charge are following :-
- Sleeper Class/Second Class (SL/2S) : Rs.10/- per ticket plus service Tax
Higher Class (1AC,2AC,3AC,CC,3E,FC) : Rs.20/- per ticket plus service Tax
Refund Rules for Reservation Failed Transaction
If amount getting debited from the customer account and ticket not issued, IRCTC will refund the entire Fare and IRCTC service charges electronically(as the credit to the relevant credit /debit card account used for the transaction), but the bank/card transaction charges are likely to be forfeited.
IRCTC’s payment reconciliation team works on a 24 x 7 basis, IRCTC offers no guarantees whatsoever for the accuracy or timeliness of the refunds reaching the Customers card/bank accounts. This is on account of the multiplicity of organisations involved in the processing of online transactions, the problems with Internet infrastructure currently available and working days/holidays of financial institutions.
Cancellation before Chart Preparation Time:
All refund will be processed as per Extant Railway Rules:
Ticket Cancellation Charges:-
The amount deducted is based on the time of cancellation and the status of your ticket. Detailed explanations are given below:-
For cancellation of confirmed tickets more than one day in advance of the scheduled departure of the train, excluding the date of journey, the minimum cancellation charges based on the class of travel as follows:-
Flat Cancellation charges per passenger
Class of your ticket and Charges are following : –
- Rs.120/- : AC First/Executive Class
- Rs.100/- : First Class/AC 2 Tier
- Rs.90/- : AC Chair Car/AC 3Tier/AC 3 Economy
- Rs.60/- : Sleeper Class
- Rs.30/- : Second Class
For cancellation of confirmed tickets less than 24 hrs and up to four hours before the scheduled departure of the train, the cancellation charges will be 25% of the total fare paid by you, subject to flat minimum cancellation charges for each class.
For cancellation of confirmed tickets less than four hours before the scheduled departure of the train and up to the prescribed time limits as mentioned below, after actual departure of the train, the cancellation charges will be 50% of the fare paid by you, subject to flat minimum cancellation charges for each class.
The Distance of Journey
Time limits for cancellation after the departure of the train.
- Up to 200 Kms. : 3 Hrs.
- From 201 Km. To 500 Kms. : 6 Hrs.
- Over 500 Kms. : 12 Hrs.
For cancellation of RAC/Waitlisted tickets up to the prescribed time limits, the full refund of fare will be given, after deducting the clerkage charges per passenger.
Clerkage Charges Per Passenger and Class
- Rs. 30 : AC First/Executive Class
- Rs. 30 : First Class/AC 2 Tier
- Rs. 30 : AC Chair Car/AC 3Tier/AC 3 Economy
- Rs. 30 : AC-3 Economy
- Rs. 30 : Sleeper Class
- Rs. 30 : Second class