Suburban Local Trains In India
Suburban Trains services in India are operated by Indian Railways. ✅ Suburban Rail is a rail service between a central business place and the suburbs. Local trains or Locals are the other names of Suburban Train services. Here is the list of Suburban Train services in India.
|Name of the Suburban Railway||State||Details|
|Barabanki – Lucknow Suburban Railway||Uttar Pradesh|
|Bengaluru Suburban Trains||Karnataka||Bengaluru Suburban Trains Details|
|Chennai Suburban Railway||Tamil Nadu||Time Table details are here :- Chennai Suburban Train Time Table|
|Delhi Suburban Railway||Delhi|
|Hyderabad Multi – Modal Transport System||Telangana||Time Table details are here :- Hyderabad MMTS Suburban Local Train Time Table|
|Kolkata Suburban Railway||West Bengal||Time Table details are here :- Kolkata Suburban Train Time Table|
|Lucknow – Kanpur Suburban Railway||Uttar Pradesh|
|Mumbai Suburban Railway||Maharashtra||Time Table details are here :- Mumbai Suburban Train Time Table|
|Pernem – Karwar Suburban Railway||Goa, Karnataka|
|Pune Suburban Railway||Maharashtra||Time Table details are here:- Pune Trains Time Table Details|
- Mumbai Suburban Railway
- Mumbai Suburban Railway is one of the busiest commuter rail systems in the world and it has some of the most severe overcrowding in the world. Trains run from 04:00 until 01:00, and some trains also run up to 02:30. Mumbai Suburban Railway is having 140 stations and it is the first Suburban Railway in India
- Kolkata Suburban Railway
- Kolkata Suburban Railway is the largest suburban railway network in India, serving the suburbs of Kolkata. It runs from 4 a.m to 2 a.m in the night. Kolkata Suburban Railway is having 585 stations and largest Suburban Railway in India
- Lucknow – Kanpur Suburban Railway
- Lucknow – Kanpur Suburban Railway System is a commuter rail service operated by Northern Railways, North Central Railway and North Eastern Railway to connect administrative capital Lucknow with the economic and industrial capital Kanpur of the state Uttar Pradesh.
- Chennai Suburban Railway
- Chennai Suburban Railway in Tamilnadu is having 150 stations and it is the second-largest Suburban Railway in India.
- Delhi Suburban Railway
- This railway service covers Delhi, along with the adjoining districts of Faridabad, Ghaziabad and other adjoining places in Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. In 2009 Ladies Special trains were also introduced.
- Pune Suburban Railway
- Pune’s suburban railway operates on two routes, i.e. from Pune Junction to Lonavla and from Pune Junction to Talegaon.
- Hyderabad Multi-Modal Transport System
- It is a joint partnership of Government of Telangana and the South Central Railway.
- Barabanki – Lucknow Suburban Railway
- Barabanki – Lucknow Suburban Railway is a commuter rail service operated by Northern Railways, North Central Railway and North Eastern Railway.
- Pernem – Karwar Suburban Railway
- Pernem and Karwar DEMU train is suburban-like services connecting local stations of Konkan Railway in Goa, Margao and Karwar.