SMS Services by Indian Railway
Indian Railway used to send SMS to the passengers regarding various Train Related enquiries and services. Following are the details.
SMS Service for different kinds of Train related Enquiries on “139-Rail Sampark”
“139-Rail Sampark” , the national enquiry for Indian Railways has been in operation for around 5 years now. The services on this number i.e.139 handles enquiries pertaining to PNR Status, Current Train running position. Accommodation availability and fare Enquiry.
Apart from voice enquiry on IVRS, the above mentioned services are also available through SMS. Passengers can get the desired information by sending SMS to 139 in the following format.
The details of SMSs services available and the format are as under:-
- ✅ For ticket status Enquiry:
- SMS “PNR<10 Digit PNR Number>
- For example : PNR 4341568666
- ✅ For Train Arrival/Departure Enquiry:
- SMS “AD”
- For example : AD 12012011
- ✅ For Accommodation availability:
- SMS “SEAT <DOJddmmyy>*
- For example SEAT 12561 010712 0542 0571 SL G
- ✅ Fare Enquiry
- SMS “FARE <DOJddmmyy>*
- For example: FARE 12561 010712 0542 0571 SL G
- ✅ Time Table:
- SMS “TIME
- For example : TIME 12561
- ✅ Spot/Locate Train :
- SMS “SPOT or LOCATE
- For example: SPOT 12561 or LOCATE 12561
- ✅ Train Name/Number:
- SMS “TN or SMS “TN
- For example TN 12724 or TN AP EXPRESS
- ✅ For Train Status
- Railway will send SMS to our registered mobile number regarding the status of the train.
- ✅ Getting all Syntaxes
- To get the above all mentioned syntaxes, SMS HELP or RAIL to 139
Note: Quota is optional field. For example, please enter G for General, CK for Tatkal
For Class field, please enter 1A for First AC, 2 A for Second AC, 3A for third AC, SL for Sleeper, CC for AC Chair Car, 2S for Second Sitting.