Running Room in Indian Railway
A Running room is associated with the Railway Crew lobby where the Crew gets all the important information related to the Train running. Running rooms are the places where the Running crew like Loco pilot, assistant loco pilot, goods guard, TTE, take rest (at stations other than their home station) after completion of duty or sign-off and before picking up the next duty or sign-on. In addition to AC rooms for sleeping, the Running rooms also provide subsided meals. Packed meals are also supplied if the Crew is required to pick up trains at odd timings of the day. Railway attaches a lot of importance to the upkeep of the Running rooms as a well-rested running crew can ensure the safety of trains. Running Room in Indian Railway details and list are here.
- Central Railway ~ Running Room
- Eastern Railway ~ Running Room
- Northern Railway ~ Running Room
- South Central Railway ~ Running Room
- South Western Railway ~ Running Room
- Western Railway ~ Running Room
- Report on Running Room Facilities
Central Railway ~ Running Room
Amla Railway Station Running Room
Panvel – Running Room
Central Railway announced that CR has commissioned a new Running Room at Panvel with the capacity of 58 beds on 15.1.2022. This comprises one 3 bed room for lady crew members.
Combined Crew Running Room and Booking Lobby for Main Line at CSMT MumbaI
Central Railway announced on 19.10.2021 that General Manager Central Railway inaugurated and inspected Combined Crew Running Room and Booking Lobby for Main Line at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mumbai. Shri Anil Kumar Lahoti, General Manager, Central Railway inaugurated and inspected the new building of Combined Crew Running Room and Booking Lobby (Main Line) at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mumbai today. This newly commissioned G+5 building has a capacity of 192 beds which is highest on Central Railway with provision of separate rooms and washrooms for lady crew members also.
- The ground floor consists of Crew Booking Lobby and other offices including two CMS Kiosk, utility rooms and toilet blocks
- The first floor consists of Veg / Non-veg canteen, yoga & gymnasium rooms, library, recreation room with toilet blocks
- The 2nd floor to 5th floor it consists 48 nos. of air-conditioned residential rooms i.e. 12 rooms on each floor with three toilet blocks and two balconies on each floor.
- Latest technology of variable refrigerant flow used for air conditioning, which will help in saving of electricity of 200 units per day.
- Two lifts provided with 8 persons capacity each.
- For sufficient water storage underground tank of 1 lakh litre capacity and an overhead tank of 60 thousand litre capacity provided.
- Power backup generator of 100 KVA also provided
This combined crew running room and lobby will enable seamless coordination between various crew control offices.
Eastern Railway ~ Running Room
Northern Railway ~ Running Room
South Central Railway ~ Running Room
South Western Railway ~ Running Room
Western Railway ~ Running Room
For the comfort & convenience of train Crew, a new Running Room is provided at Pipavav Port. It has well equipped AC Rooms besides AC Yoga Rooms, Meditation Room, big Dining Halls,Reading/Recreation Rooms, etc. Other facilities include water Coolers with RO, Meals, intercom, etc.
Report on Running Room Facilities
✅ What is a Running Room?
The running room was constructed with the provision of all facilities are for railway board norms. The rooms facilitated with two bedded including attached bathrooms. The rooms are modified for crew taking rest without any disturbance.
✅ Which are all the facilities in the Railway Running Room?
- Spacious rooms with attached toilets, Meditation Room, Reading Room, Dining halls, Kitchen, etc.
- Preparation of vegetarian and non-vegetarian made separately duly providing exclusive dishes and stoves.
- RO purified drinking water with water coolers.
- Mechanized washing of Lenin from reputed agencies.
- Outsourced in all respects including housekeeping, food supply, etc.
- Solar hot water system.
- Exclusive Standby power supply.
- Centralized Air cooling/Air coolers
- All outs/Mosquito curtains
- Computerized Check-In / Out at reception
✅ How Running Room is classified?
Running room should be classified on the basis of number of users per day:
- Category “A” – 51 users,
- Category “B” – between 21-50 users and
- Category “C” – up to 20 users.