Rajdhani Express is a passenger train service in India connecting New Delhi with other important destinations, especially state capitals. Rajdhani Express was introduced in 1969, for providing high-speed connections from various railway stations in the capital city of New Delhi to the capital cities of various states in India (or, in certain cases, prominent cities within the state the train serves).
The first Rajdhani Express left New Delhi station for Howrah station to cover a distance of 1,445 km in 17 hours 20 mins. These trains get the highest priority on the Indian railway network. They are fully air-conditioned. Passengers are served complimentary meals during the journey. Depending on the duration and timings of the journey, these could include lunch, high tea, dinner, morning tea and breakfast. Almost all Rajdhani trains offer three classes of accommodation:
- First Class AC with 2- or 4-berth lockable bedrooms.
- AC 2-tier with open berths (bays of 4 berths + 2 berths on the other side of the corridor) with curtains for privacy
- AC 3-tier (bays of 6 berths + 2 berths on the side) with no curtains.
Currently, there are 50 trains of Rajdhani Express trains, connecting New Delhi to Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Guwahati/Dibrugarh, Hyderabad, Ranchi, Kolkata , Jammu, Mumbai , Patna and Thiruvananthapuram. These trains have fewer stops than other express trains. They halt only in prominent cities and state capitals like Bhopal, Ratlam, Itarsi, Nagda, Allahabad, Nagpur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Bokaro, Jhansi, Kota, and Jaipur.
- Time Table of Rajdhani Trains Updates
- Rajdhani Train Names with Details
- Rajdhani Express – European Model Coaches
- Project Swarna Details
Time Table of Rajdhani Trains Updates
Train Nos. 22221/22222 CSMT – H.Nizamuddin Rajdhani Express Special Trains
- Train No.22221 CSMT – H.Nizamuddin train will depart from CSMT Mumbai at 16.00 hrs daily and arrives Hazrat Nizamuddin at 09.55 hrs next day.
- Train No.22222 H.Nizamuddin – CSMT train will depart from Hazrat Nizamuddin at 16.55 hrs daily and arrives at CSMT Mumbai at 11.15 hrs the next day.
One First AC, Three AC 2-Tier, 8 AC 3-Tier and one pantry car.
Kalyan, Nasik Road, Jalgaon, Bhopal, Jhansi and Agra Cantt.
Train Nos.01221 / 01222 CSMT Mumbai – Hazrat Nizamuddin Rajdhani superfast Special Trains
Central Railway announced that Railway has decided to speed up Train Nos.01221 / 01222 Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mumbai – Hazrat Nizamuddin (4 days a week) Rajdhani superfast special with an additional halt at Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh. The revised timings will be as under –
- Train No. 01221 Rajdhani superfast special with effect from 9.1.2021 will leave Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mumbai at 16.00 hrs on every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and arrive Hazrat Nizamuddin at 09.55 hrs next day.
- Train No. 01222 Rajdhani superfast special with effect from 10.1.2021 will leave Hazrat Nizamuddin at 16.55 hrs on every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and arrive Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mumbai at 11.15 hrs next day.
Revised Halts – Kalyan, Nashik Road, Jalgaon, Bhopal, Jhansi, Gwalior and Agra Cantt.
Rajdhani Train List
Following table shows complete list of Rajdhani Trains running in India.
|Train Number||Train Name||Source||Departure||Destination||Arrival|
|9003||BDTS NZM RAJ SPL||BANDRA TERMINUS||04:05:00 PM||H NIZAMUDDIN||06:00:00 AM|
|9004||NZM BDTS RAJ SPL||H NIZAMUDDIN||04:15:00 PM||BANDRA TERMINUS||06:10:00 AM|
|12235||DBRG NDLS RAJEXP||DIBRUGARH||07:25:00 PM||NEW DELHI||01:55:00 PM|
|12236||NDLS DBRG RJDHN||NEW DELHI||09:25:00 AM||DIBRUGARH||05:15:00 AM|
|12301||KOLKATA RAJDHNI||HOWRAH JN||04:55:00 PM||NEW DELHI||10:00:00 AM|
|12302||KOLKATA RJDHNI||NEW DELHI||04:55:00 PM||HOWRAH JN||09:50:00 AM|
|12305||KOLKATA RJDHNI||HOWRAH JN||02:05:00 PM||NEW DELHI||10:00:00 AM|
|12306||KOLKATA RJDHNI||NEW DELHI||04:55:00 PM||HOWRAH JN||12:15:00 PM|
|12309||RJPB RAJDHANI||RAJENDRANAGAR T||07:00:00 PM||NEW DELHI||07:40:00 AM|
|12310||RJPB RAJDHANI||NEW DELHI||05:15:00 PM||RAJENDRANAGAR T||05:30:00 AM|
|12313||SDAH RAJDHANIEXP||SEALDAH||04:50:00 PM||NEW DELHI||10:25:00 AM|
|12314||SEALDAH RJDHANI||NEW DELHI||04:25:00 PM||SEALDAH||10:10:00 AM|
|12423||DBRT RAJDHANI EX||DIBRUGARH TOWN||08:35:00 PM||NEW DELHI||10:20:00 AM|
|12424||DBRT RAJDHANI||NEW DELHI||04:10:00 PM||DIBRUGARH TOWN||07:00:00 AM|
|12425||JAMMU RAJDHANI||NEW DELHI||08:40:00 PM||JAMMU TAWI||05:45:00 AM|
|12426||JAMMU RAJDHANI||JAMMU TAWI||07:40:00 PM||NEW DELHI||05:00:00 AM|
|12431||RAJDHANI EXP||TRIVANDRUM CNTL||07:15:00 PM||H NIZAMUDDIN||12:40:00 PM|
|12432||TRIVNDRM RJDHNI||H NIZAMUDDIN||10:55:00 AM||TRIVANDRUM CNTL||04:55:00 AM|
|12433||RAJDHANI EXP||CHENNAI CENTRAL||06:10:00 AM||H NIZAMUDDIN||10:25:00 AM|
|12434||CHENNAI RAJDHNI||H NIZAMUDDIN||03:55:00 PM||CHENNAI CENTRAL||08:15:00 PM|
|12435||DBRT RAJDHANI EX||DIBRUGARH TOWN||07:20:00 PM||NEW DELHI||01:55:00 PM|
|12436||NDLS DBRT RJDHNI||NEW DELHI||09:25:00 AM||DIBRUGARH TOWN||06:15:00 AM|
|12437||RAJDHANI EXP||SECUNDERABAD JN||12:45:00 PM||H NIZAMUDDIN||10:25:00 AM|
|12438||NZM SC RJDHNI||H NIZAMUDDIN||03:55:00 PM||SECUNDERABAD JN||02:00:00 PM|
|12439||RNC NDLS RAJ EXP||RANCHI||05:55:00 PM||NEW DELHI||10:50:00 AM|
|12440||NDLS RNC RAJ EXP||NEW DELHI||04:00:00 PM||RANCHI||09:00:00 AM|
|12441||BSP NDLS RAJ EX||BILASPUR JN||02:00:00 PM||NEW DELHI||10:55:00 AM|
|12442||BILASPUR RJDHNI||NEW DELHI||03:45:00 PM||BILASPUR JN||12:00:00 PM|
|12453||RNC NDLS RAJ EXP||RANCHI||05:10:00 PM||NEW DELHI||10:50:00 AM|
|12454||NDLS RNC RJDHNI||NEW DELHI||04:00:00 PM||RANCHI||10:30:00 AM|
|12951||MUMBAI RAJDHANI||MUMBAI CENTRAL||05:00:00 PM||NEW DELHI||08:35:00 AM|
|12952||MUMBAI RAJDHANI||NEW DELHI||04:25:00 PM||MUMBAI CENTRAL||08:15:00 AM|
|12953||AUG KR RAJ EXP||MUMBAI CENTRAL||05:40:00 PM||H NIZAMUDDIN||10:55:00 AM|
|12954||AG KRANTI RJDHN||H NIZAMUDDIN||04:50:00 PM||MUMBAI CENTRAL||09:45:00 AM|
|12957||SWARNA J RAJ EX||AHMEDABAD JN||05:40:00 PM||NEW DELHI||07:30:00 AM|
|12958||ADI SJ RAJDHANI||NEW DELHI||07:55:00 PM||AHMEDABAD JN||09:40:00 AM|
|20501||AGTL ANVT RAJ||AGARTALA||06:30:00 PM||ANAND VIHAR TRM||11:20:00 AM|
|20502||ANVT AGTL RAJ||ANAND VIHAR TRM||07:50:00 PM||AGARTALA||01:30:00 PM|
|20817||BBS RAJDHANI EXP||BHUBANESWAR||07:10:00 AM||NEW DELHI||10:40:00 AM|
|20818||BUBNESWR RJDHNI||NEW DELHI||05:05:00 PM||BHUBANESWAR||08:35:00 PM|
|20839||RNC NDLS RAJ EXP||RANCHI||06:15:00 PM||NEW DELHI||10:50:00 AM|
|22207||SUPER AC EXP||CHENNAI CENTRAL||04:25:00 PM||TRIVANDRUM CNTL||06:45:00 AM|
|22208||SUPER AC EXP||TRIVANDRUM CNTL||09:30:00 PM||CHENNAI CENTRAL||12:00:00 PM|
|22413||NZM RAJDHANI||MADGAON||10:00:00 AM||H NIZAMUDDIN||12:40:00 PM|
|22414||NZM MAO RAJ||H NIZAMUDDIN||10:55:00 AM||MADGAON||12:50:00 PM|
|22691||RAJDHANI EXP||KSR BENGALURU||08:00:00 PM||H NIZAMUDDIN||05:55:00 AM|
|22692||BANGLORE RJDHNI||H NIZAMUDDIN||08:45:00 PM||KSR BENGALURU||06:40:00 AM|
|22693||RAJDHANI EXP||KSR BENGALURU||08:00:00 PM||H NIZAMUDDIN||05:55:00 AM|
|22811||BBS RAJDHANI EXP||BHUBANESWAR||11:40:00 AM||NEW DELHI||10:40:00 AM|
|22812||BUBNESWR RJDHNI||NEW DELHI||05:05:00 PM||BHUBANESWAR||03:50:00 PM|
|22823||BBS RAJDHANI EXP||BHUBANESWAR||09:30:00 AM||NEW DELHI||10:40:00 AM|
|22824||BUBNESWR RJDHNI||NEW DELHI||05:05:00 PM||BHUBANESWAR||05:25:00 PM|
Rajdhani Express – European Model Coaches
Western Railway announced that Railway decided to upgraded the Trains into European model. For this Railway upgraded and further improved a Ist AC LHB coach of Mumbai-New Delhi Rajdhani Express on experimental basis at Lower Parel Workshop.
- For superior touch and feel high-class upholstery and carpet in this coach with similar to that used in European railroads in line with the premium clientele associated with its service.
- For ladies and senior citizens, ergonomically designed wooden ladders have in incorporated in steps form instead of earlier metal ladders to climb up the upper berth. The illumination in the coach has also been improved with judicious use of advanced LED-based lighting system for reading lights
- Pre-anodized aluminium reflectors for compartment lights
- A more vibrant and pleasing colour scheme has been chosen for the walls.
- Long-lasting anti-graffiti PU light blue and cream paint have been extensively used to facilitate easy cleaning of the coach.
- For overall cleanliness and hygiene of the lavatory, oriental style lavatory floors have been redesigned for swift drainage and easy maintenance.
- Large scale use of stainless steel components adds to the aesthetics of the coach.