Railway Station Parking Charges by Indian Railway
Parking of private and public motor vehicle facility in railway station premises is an important passenger amenities is being provided by the railways, which, in most of the railway station is mandatorily outsourced. While the primary objective of this policy is to extend parking facility to the passengers as an important passenger amenity at stations, this should also be handled as revenue earning activity of Railways. Railway Station Parking Charges/Rules/Policy Guidelines by Indian Railway are following.
- Parking Rates of Cycle/Motor cycle/Scooter/Car parking by Indian Railway
- Parking Rate at Railway Station Policy Guidelines
- Parking Rate at Railway Station Automation and Computerization
- Parking Charges : Eastern Railway
- Parking Charges : Southern Railway
- Parking Charges : South Central Railway
- Parking Charges : South Western Railway
- Parking Charges : Western Railway
Parking Rates of Cycle/Motor cycle/Scooter/Car parking by Indian Railway
Details of parking contracts, parking rate etc are following.
Types of parking contracts
- Normal parking :- Facility of parking of private and public motor vehicles in railway station/premises
- Premium Parking :- Feasibility of providing Premium parking facility will be explored at ‘A’-1’ and ‘A’ category station .The agency (contractor) for this service shall provide adequate basic features like earmarked lanes for entry and exit, automated boom barriers as provided at toll barrier and to the extent possible, shall provide separate convenient access to the platform other than through the existing circulating area.
- Call Taxi/radio taxi :- Wherever there is a potential for extending parking facility for call taxi/ radio taxi etc. an adequate area for parking (for some vehicles) taxis/vehicles may be earmarked which should be independent of auto/taxi parking.
- Parking for passenger-carrying commercial vehicles (PCCVs):- For other passenger carrying commercial vehicles, viz. Autos, Taxis (Cars), Tempos, Minibus, Bus etc. Adequate and separate space may be earmarked.
- Prepaid Auto/Taxi booth :- Prepaid Auto/Taxi booths which are generally being managed by local police/GRP may also be permitted in the space earmarked for Auto/Taxi stand. The taxes or charges due to State Government should be collected from the taxi operators by the State Authorities like local police/GRP etc. and the parking charges as applicable to passenger carrying vehicle of different types should be collected by the Railways either directly or through Parking contractor at rates decided by the Divisional authorities in consultation with Associate Finance with the approval of DRM.
- Parking for Persons with Disability :- Division shall endeavour to mark at least two or more (if required) for parking of vehicles used by persons with disability. Proper Signages /Directions for these parking sites should be put up at suitable places. Further all efforts should be made for passenger awareness regarding availability of the said facility; like station announcements etc.
Parking Rates at Railway Stations
Parking Rates at Railway Stations for daily commuters holding Normal tickets, season tickets etc are following.
Parking rates at different category stations for daily commuters holding Normal ticket
|A : Parking rates at A1 category stations (Jabalpur, Bhopal and Kota) :|
|Time Slab||For Two Wheelers||For Four Wheelers||Premium Parking for Four Wheeler rates|
|Upto 4 Hours||X Rs.||Y Rs.||Z = 3 times of Y (Normal parking rates)|
|Upto 12 Hours||2X||3Y||Z/3 (i.e equal to Y) per hour or part thereof|
|Per day i.e for upto 24 Hours or part thereof.||3X||6Y|
|Minimum X = 10/-, Minimum Y=15/-, Minimum Z = 3Y (i.e 3*15 = 45)|
|B. Parking rates at ‘A’ category of stations (Damoh, Katni, Malhar, Pipariya, Rewa, Satna, Sagour, Bina, Habibganj, Hoshangabad, Itarsi Vidisha, Bharatpur and Sawaimadhopur)|
|Time Slab||For Two Wheelers||For Four Wheelers||Premium Parking for Four Wheeler rates|
|Upto 4 Hours||X Rs.||Y Rs.||Z = 2 times of Y (Normal parking rates)|
|Upto 12 Hours||2X||2Y||Z/2 (i.e minimum Rs 10) per hour or part thereof|
|Per day i.e for upto 24 Hours or part thereof.||3X||5Y|
|Minimum X = 5/-, Minimum Y=10/-, Minimum Z = 2Y (i.e 2*10 = 20)|
|C. Parking rates at B category of stations: (Gadarwara, Katni Murwara, Madanmahal, Narsingpur, Ganjbasoda, Guna, Harda, Sanchi, Shivpuri, Bhawanimandi, Bundi, Gangapur city, Hindaun city and Ramganj Mandi)|
|Time Slab||For Two Wheelers||For Four Wheelers|
|Upto 6 hrs||X Rs.||Y Rs.|
|Per day i.e for upto 24 Hours or part thereof.||2X||3Y|
|Minimum X=5/-, Minimum Y=10/-|
|D. Parking rates and timings for D and E category stations may be decided as under: (D category-34 stations & E category 198 stations)|
|Time Slab||For Two Wheelers||For Four Wheelers|
|Upto 12 Hours||X Rs.||Y Rs.|
|Per day i.e for upto 24 Hours or part thereof.||2X||2Y|
|Minimum X=5/-, Minimum Y=10/-|
Parking rates at different category stations for daily commuters holding Season ticket
- Area, as decided by Sr.DCM and subject to maximum 25% of total parking area, shall be earmarked for parking of two wheeler of daily commuters holding Season ticket from any station. Monthly pass should be issued on Reasonable Monthly charges to such customers. A register should be maintained giving details of such customers giving Details of passengers and season ticket etc.
Monthly charges shall be as under:
|Time slab||For only two wheelers|
|Monthly pass for daily commuters i.e. season ticket holders.||20 times of Charges applicable for 8 hours (Subject to Minimum Rs.300/- for A1 category stations)|
|Subsidized Monthly charges for Judiciary staff/ GRP staff/|
Parcel loaders/ Press media/ Licensees staff etc. working
over Railway station as authorized by Station
|15 times of Charges applicable for 8 hours.(Subject to minimum Rs. 200/- for A1 category stations)|
|a. Bonafide Railway Staff working on that duly authorized by Station Manager/Station Master. b. Bonafide Railway Staff working on other station duly authorized by Station Manager/Station Master on recommendation of Branch officer.||10 times of Charges applicable for 8 hours. (Subject to minimum Rs. 100/- for A1 category stations)|
For other categories of stations (A,B,D and E) there shall be no minimum charge for monthly charges.
Parking for staff
- Parking rates for Railway/Magisterial and Judiciary staff/ GRP staff/ Parcel loaders/ Press media/Licensees staff etc. as authorized by Station Manager/Station Master shall be subsidized charges. Separate parking area of adequate size may be demarcated for such staff.
- No charges should be realised from official vehicles of Hon’ble Judges, Railway Officers, and Higher officials of State Government and Central Government (irrespective of government vehicles or on government service vehicle i. e. hired on contract basis).
Parking Rate at Railway Station Policy Guidelines
- Parking rates including premium parking rates for auto/taxi/car/cycle/scooter/motor cycle and other two wheelers/mini bus/other passenger carrying commercial vehicle should be fixed by Sr.DCM/DCM with the a concurrence of divisional finance and the approval of DRM.
- While fixing the parking rate, a survey should be carried out for parking charges prevailing at other similar locations in the city/area. Prevailing parking rates should be reviewed and revised before inviting tenders.
- Parking rates for A1, A and B category of station should be at least 10% higher than the prevailing rates on other local parking area, to make people deterrent to use the station parking as general parking and avoid congestion.
- Parking rates at A1, A, B, D and E category may be different for different time period as under:- (X: Rates arrived as per survey i.e. parking charges prevailing at other similar locations in the city/area for two wheeler) , (Y: Rates arrived as per survey i.e. parking charges prevailing at other similar locations in the city/area for four wheeler), (Z: Premium parking rates for four wheeler)
- Parking rates will be uniform during the entire period of contract. However, Railway administration reserves the right to revise (increase/decrease) the tariff keeping in view the market prices or to reduce the congestion in parking area during the period of contract. In such case an assessment has to be made by a joint committee of junior scale officers of commercial (ACM), Accounts (ADFM/AFA) and Operations (SM/Gaz.)for A1 category stations and Supervisory committee of Commercial (Commercial Inspector/supervisor), Accounts(SO/TIA) and Operations(Station Master) for other categories of stations, considering the actual utilization of parking space by different clientele. The additional license fee or reduced license fee, if any will be fixed accordingly on recommendations of the committee duly vetted by finance and approval of DRM.
- Penalty :- If the contractor fail to provide satisfactorily service i.e. overcharging, non display/non-prominent display of rates or misbehaviour by the staff etc..A fine of minimum Rs.1000/- and maximum upto Rs 5000/- per case as decided by the Sr. DCM may be imposed.
Parking Rate at Railway Station Automation and Computerization
- Computerized coupons should be encouraged for issue to the customers by the licensee of parking contract at ‘A-1’ and ‘A’ category railway stations for all type of parking and the coupon should have details of Name/identification of parking lot, date and time of issue of coupons, the name of the contractor, Serial Number on coupons with counterfoils and amount charged for coupon/monthly pass. Zonal railway shall encourage issue of computerized parking coupons at other stations wherever feasible.
- Contractor shall provide CCTV cameras (Number to be decided by division) to monitor parking arrangements at Entry/ Exit and billing counters with sufficient recording backup not less than 15 days. This will facilitate enquiry related complaints and also solve the security purpose. The monitor of such CCTV be provided with SM/Dy.SM.
- Automated boom barriers as provided at Toll plazas/ Big Malls etc. should compulsorily be provided by contractor at A1 and A category stations.
- The Rates should also be displayed clearly through LED Electronic Board of appropriate size as with a font size of minimum 6” inches decided by divisions at Entry and Exit points in addition to Normal Rate Board. The cost of the above shall be borne by the contractor.
- CCTV cameras with monitor, LED rate board and Boom arrangements shall be provided by the licensee at his own cost. Cost of the same should be taken into consideration while fixing license fee. Failure of the same should be penalized with penalty of minimum 250/- per occasion by SM(Gaz.)/ACM,750/- by DCM/Sr. DCM and 1000/- by DRM/ADRM. Reason for penalty to be issued.
Parking Charges : Eastern Railway
Eastern Railway announced that Parking charges at Car Parking are in front of Sealdah station will be enhanced on and from 01.04.2017 as per the following rates. The parking charges are excluding Service Tax.
For every two hours duration on part thereof:-
- Two Wheeler : 15/-
- Four Wheeler : 50/-
- Matador/Heavy Van : 80/-
Parking Charges : Southern Railway
Parking Charges by Southern Railway are following
|TARIFF FOR CAR PARKING STAND|
|CARS||Rs.25/- for first 2 hours|
|Rs.35/- for next 2 hours|
|Rs.70/-for every subsequent 2 hours thereafter|
|PARKING CHARGES TO BE COLLECTED|
|Cycles||Rs.5.00 per cycle for every 12 hrs or part there of|
|Rs..125.00 per cycle per month|
|Motor cycles/ Scooter||Rs.10 .00 per Motor Cycle/Scooter (with or without helmet) for every 12 hrs or part there of|
|Rs.300.00 per Motor Cycle/Scooter (with or without helmet) per month|
|Cars in MRTS||Rs.15.00 for every four hours per car Rs.2500/- per car per month|
|Van and Other light vehicles||Rs.25.00 for every four hours per van and other light vehicles.|
Thiruvananthapuram Central : Parking Charges
The railway authorities are charging Rs 25 for four-wheelers/ three-wheelers for two hours, Rs 40 for 8 hours and Rs 60 for 24 hours. A railway official said that the parking fee was being fixed centrally by the Indian Railways depending on the category of the station. “The Thiruvananthapuram station comes under non-suburban group 1 category and the station has no role in fixing the rates. We roped in the Kudumbashree and they give 70 percent of the income. Interestingly, even after hiking the parking fee, the number of vehicles coming to the premises hasn’t come down,” said the official.
Multi-Level Parking at the Station : Coimbatore Railway Junction
Two-wheeler users, who park their vehicles at the Coimbatore Railway Junction, welcomed the plan to open a multi-level parking lot at the station in two months. Salem divisional railway manager U Subba Rao on Friday announced that the parking lot, being constructed near the station’s rear entrance, is 90% complete. “We expect it to be commissioned and ready for use within two months,” he said.
The initial deadline was March, but it was delayed for various reasons, including the enforcement of the model code of conduct in the first week of March. Several people, who park their vehicles at the station when they travel to neighbouring towns like Palakkad, Pollachi, Tirupur and Erode, said their often find vehicles packed together.
Parking Charges : South Central Railway
Following are the details of parking charges by SCR Railway stations.
Secunderabad Railway Station : Parking Rates
Secunderabad station, a rail ticket may cost less than parking fee. However, at Secunderabad railway station you may actually end up paying more for parking your vehicle than the price of a ticket for many train journeys from the station. Parking a two – wheeler at the station for 24 hours costs Rs.425, while a sleeper class ticket to Vijayawada or Visakhapatnam costs around Rs. 250/-
Two – Wheelers
- 24 hours – 425
- 21 hours – 372
- 18 hours – 319
- 15 hours – 265
- 12 hours – 212
- 09 hours – 129
- 06 hours – 106
- 03 hours – 53
- 01 hours – 18
Four – Wheelers
- 24 hours – 480
Two Wheelers Parking Fee in Kacheguda, Nampally, Jubilee Bus Stations
- Kacheguda Railway Station – 100/- for 24 hours
- Nampally Railway Station – 142/- for 24 hours
- Jubilee Bus Station – 50/- for 24 hours
Secunderabad Railway Station Multilevel parking complex
With inadequate parking space, passengers visiting the Secunderabad Railway Station have been facing hardships at the entry resulting in traffic jams. To decongest the area and to avoid haphazard parking, apart from making the existing parking area available for more vehicles, the Railways had agreed to allocate 15 guntas of open land for the construction of a multilevel parking complex between Sri Ganesh Temple and the station. Last year, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal promised to take necessary steps to hand over the land to the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation for the complex. However, nothing much has progressed ever since.
Parking Woes at Mettuguda, Tarnaka and Secunderabad to end Soon – Awarding of Vehicle Parking Contracts at Mettuguda, Tarnaka and Secunderabad East Metro Stations by SCR
South Central Railway announced that Hundreds of motor cycles are left on the roads near Tarnaka and Mettuguda Metro stations. The footpaths reserved for pedestrians and roads reserved for vehicles have become parking spots. Footpaths and roads are choked with parked vehicles forcing pedestrians to walk on the road and in the path of vehicle traffic.
There are considerable vehicular traffic and flow of pedestrians on these roads. It is a sore sight for the residents and commuters to see what the once majestic roads have now been reduced to parking at both sides of the road at Mettuguda and Tarnaka Metro stations is leading to congestion and obstruction causing hardship to citizens.
And also, hawkers at Mettuguda junction and Secunderabad East Metro station are providing nuisance for commuters. The consequent space crunch leads to traffic jams, freak accidents as pedestrians have no choice but to walk on roads instead of pavements.
South Central Railway has come up with the idea to resolve this parking problem at Metro stations. SCR has identified vacant railway lands at Mettuguda, Tarnaka and Secunderabad East Metro stations, and now invited open tenders for awarding parking contracts at these locations. Considerable parking space just beside three Metro stations has been earmarked in the tender and will open on 19th August, 2019.
Cooperation extended by the South Central Railway and co-ordination with Hyderabad Traffic Police, Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) and Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) authorities would definitely provide a hassle-free commuting for the citizens at Mettuguda, Tarnaka and Secunderabad East Metro stations shortly. This move is going to help the ease out the traffic chaos in the central part of the city.
Parking Charges : South Western Railway
Mysore Railway Station : Parking Charges
The parking fee at Mysore Railway station is revised with effect from 01.10.2017. The revised slabs for Bicycle, Scooter and Cars are following.
- Upto 01 hour : Cycle – 2/-, Scooter/Motor Cycle – 10/-, Car – 20/-
- Above 1 hrs and Upto 5 hrs : Cycle – 4/-, Scooter/Motor Cycle – 15/-, Car – 30/-
- Above 5 hrs and Upto 24 hrs : Cycle – 8/-, Scooter/Motor Cycle – 25/-, Car – 50/-
Parking Charges : Western Railway
Ahmedabad Railway Station : Parking Charges
The parking fee at Ahmedabad Railway station is with effect from 06.08.2017 to 05.08.2020. The revised slabs for Bicycle, Scooter and Cars are following.