Highlights of Railway Daily News
Here we are giving a highlights of all the day to day news of Indian Railway. So readers can go through all the daily Railway News without spending much time.
New Train Time Table 2017 – 2018
Today’s News Highlights
Updated : 21.03.2018
- IRCTC ties up with Ola for door-to-door cab and auto service for Indian Railways passengers.
- By April 20th, Delhi – Chandigarh section will get Tejas Express Trains
Updated : 20.03.2018
- Indian Railways hands over 18 microprocessor controlled Indian locomotives to Myanma Railways
- Selfie point at Udaipur Railway Station
Updated : 19.03.2018
- The railway ministry plans to introduce 72 semi AC suburban trains this year on Central Railway and Western Railway.
- Six Western Railway stations are now a part of the BINNER army. The stations are Churchgate, Mumbai Central, Dadar, Bandra, Andheri, Borivali.
- Additional Stoppage to Train No. 22119 / 22120 CSMT-Karmali-CSMT Tejas Express at Chiplun Station from 20.3.2018
- Western Railway-Ahmedabad Division introduced Newly DEMU Rake with 12 Coaches Between Ahmedabad to Mahesana,Abu Road and Patan.
- Railway Minster announced Ujjain-Varanasi Mahakal Express train service.
- Delhi’s Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station set for big revamp to improve passenger experience.
- Indian Railways set for big transformation with modern ‘world-class’ Make in India locomotives.
- Indian Railways could run 100-plus new trains by cutting layover time, says Railway Minister
- Indian Railways develops an online portal ‘Rail Good Work Portal’ to enable employees to share their good work.
Updated : 17.03.2018
- Railways relaxes speed restrictions on the Churchgate – Virar route after remodelling of Andheri station yard and girder replacement of the bridge. It will improve the pace and punctuality of local trains, and reduce travel time of commuters.
- Passengers can now get twitter updates of Vadodara railway division of Western Railway by scanning QR code.
- World heritage Darjeeling Himalayan Railway train gets AC coaches.
Updated : 14.03.2018
- iOS version of UTS App has been launched by Indian Railway in Mumbai Region.
- Chennai division of Southern Railway likely to have 100 catering units across suburban stations.
- Loco pilots to be equipped with Mobile Train Radio Communication system
Updated : 13.03.2018
- PM flagged off Varanasi – Patna Intercity Express from Manduadih Railway Station. The train will provide direct connectivity between the holy city of Varanasi and historical city of Patna.
- Railway stations could soon have designated selfie points
Updated : 11.03.2018
- Central Railway announced a Mega Block between Pune – Lonavala on Sunday 11.03.2018
- Sanitary Pad Vending Machine is installed in sleeper class Ladies waiting room at NASIK Road station by members of Inner Wheel Club of Gen Next, Nashik.
Updated : 09.03.2018
- Western Railway’s Mumbai Central-New Delhi Rajdhani Express becomes first train on Indian Railways to have a Sanitary Napkin Vending Machine on board.The slim and sleek Vending Machine dispenses the Napkin by putting in a Rs.5 coin.
Updated : 08.03.2018
- Koyna Express And Deccan Express To Have All-Female Staff On Women’s Day.
- Begumpet Railway Station to be All Women Station from March 8
Updated : 07.03.2018
- Western Railway Matunga Road Station to be run by all women staff from 8th March, 2018
- Ministry of Railways instructs Zonal Railways to link the arrival and departure of trains with Data Loggers.
Updated : 06.03.2018
- Western Railway launches girders for construction of 12 meter wide foot-over-bridge at Elphinstone Road station
- Rail Suraksha mobile application by Pune division set to put safety on track.
- Western Railway gives a pleasant makeover to AC local ahead of International Women’s Day to make the identification of Ladies coaches easy besides giving its exterior an aesthetic look.
Updated : 05.03.2018
- No more I-Ticket by IRCTC
- Breast feeding cabins set up at Kollam railway station
- Tiruchi – Thanjavur second line ready for rail traffic.
Updated : 01.03.2018
- Railways completed 17 Foot Over Bridges in the Mumbai Suburban section between October and February 2018, and by June 2018 they have committed to complete another 22 FOBs, and we have approved 56 more FOBs to complete it before 12 months from now: Said Railway Minster.
- Western Railway is committed to increasing the freight movement, thereby, making the goods transportation too, swift and reliable.
No doubt that Railway is a fast developing public sector in India. Every day Indian Railway is growing. Now a day’s New Technology, New methods, new extra added services etc become a part of Railways. There are 16 Railway Zones and 8 operational Metro systems in India. Railway zones are, Northern Railway, North Eastern Railway, Northeast Frontier Railway, Eastern Railway, South Eastern Railway, South Central Railway, Southern Railway, Central Railway, Western Railway, South Western Railway, North Western Railway, West Central Railway, North Central Railway, South East Central Railway, East Coast Railway, East Central Railway. Konkan Railway is also a part of this. The Metro Rails are Kolkata Metro in Kolkata, Chennai MRTS in Chennai, Delhi Metro in Delhi NCR, Namma Metro in Bangalore, Rapid Metro Rail Gurgaon in Gurgaon, Mumbai Metro in Mumbai, Jaipur Metro in Jaipur and Chennai Metro in Chennai. So Every day major and minor changes and development happened in each and every Metro and Railway Zones.
These 16 Railway Zones have 68 divisions also. The divisions are Delhi, Ambala, Firozpur,Lucknow NR, Moradabad, Izzatnagar, Lucknow NER,Varanasi, Alipurduar, Katihar, Rangiya, Lumding, Tinsukia, Howrah, Sealdah, Asansol, Malda, Adra, Chakradharpur, Kharagpur, Ranchi, Secunderabad, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Guntakal , Guntur, Nanded, Chennai, Tiruchirappalli, Madurai, Palakkad, Salem, Thiruvananthapuram, Mumbai, Bhusawal, Pune, Solapur, Nagpur, Mumbai WR, Ratlam, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Vadodara, Hubballi, Bengaluru, Mysuru, Jaipur, Ajmer, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Jabalpur, Bhopal, Kota, llahabad, Agra, Jhansi , Bilaspur, Raipur, Nagpur SEC, Khurda Road, Sambalpur, Waltair, Danapur, Dhanbad, Mughalsarai, Samastipur and Sonpur.