Railway News : Daily Updates
Here we are giving a highlights of all the day to day news of Indian Railway. So readers can go through all the daily Railway News without spending much time.
New Train Time Table 2018 – 2019
Today’s News Highlights
Railway News : Updated : 05.06.2018
- Konkan Railway undertakes measures to ensure smooth monsoon services.
- Rail staff can book rest houses online
Railway News : Updated : 28.05.2018
- Railways to install new signalling system on Delhi-Mughalsarai section
- Indian Railways plans to introduce the new European Train Control System-2 (ETCS2) which will allow it to increase train speeds significantly.
- East Central Railway GM launches app for railway employees’ grievances.
Railway News : Updated : 26.05.2018
- Western Railway sets up biogas plant at Mumbai Central station
- Railways to get 3 more AC locals for Mumbai.
Railway News : Updated : 17.05.2018
- For the first time, Indian Railways is starting a parcel cargo express train, connecting Guwahati to Kalyan in Maharashtra, which will help transport agricultural produce and industrial finished goods from the North East to the west coast.
- Chairman, Railway Board Ashwani Lohani launches “Guidebook for Creating a Child Friendly and Protective Environment for Children in Contact with Railways’.
Railway News : Updated : 16.05.2018
- Disha App is available on google play and app store. Download to stay updated and informed about the amenities at stations of Mumbai Division of Western Railway.
Railway News : Updated : 15.05.2018
- Guwahati railway station is the first in North-East to run completely on solar power
- New Weekly Antyodaya Express Train Between Darbhanga and Jalandhar City Regular service from 19.05.2018 from Darbhanga and from 20.05.2018 from Jalandhar City
Railway News : Updated : 13.05.2018
- Western Railway to install Internet based high resolution CCTV cameras in coaches of Mumbai – Delhi Rajdhani Express to strengthen security in train.
- Indian Railways food quality standards set for big change! Airline-like combo meals coming soon on these trains.
- Southern Railway has launched integrated ticketing system in 138 stations.
- Now, GPS-based real time surveillance on Rajdhani, Shatabdi.
Railway News : Updated : 11.05.2018
- Plastic ban at Railway Stations soon
- IRCTC announces South India tour package
- Bogibeel: India’s longest road-rail bridge likely to be inaugurated in few months.
Railway News : Updated : 09.05.2018
- All 16 base kitchen of IRCTC have been installed with high definition cc cameras (Artificial Intelligence) with announcement facility from the central control. This would enable closer monitoring of good preparation in proper conditions. Soon zones of irctc shall also have similar kitchen controls.
- Central Railway to use paper boxes, plates soon to serve food at Mumbai stations.
- 70% coaches under SW Railways get a clean makeover with bio-toilets.
Railway News : Updated : 06.05.2018
- Amazon, Coca-Cola may lease Railways goods sheds to build warehouses.
- Coimbatore Railway Junction gets ISO certification.
- Steel Superfast Express will soon get the new state-of-the-art German-designed LHB (Linke Hofmann Busch) coaches.
No doubt that Railway is a fast developing public sector in India. Every day Indian Railway is growing. Now a day’s New Technology, New methods, new extra added services etc become a part of Railways. There are 16 Railway Zones and 8 operational Metro systems in India. Railway zones are, Northern Railway, North Eastern Railway, Northeast Frontier Railway, Eastern Railway, South Eastern Railway, South Central Railway, Southern Railway, Central Railway, Western Railway, South Western Railway, North Western Railway, West Central Railway, North Central Railway, South East Central Railway, East Coast Railway, East Central Railway. Konkan Railway is also a part of this. The Metro Rails are Kolkata Metro in Kolkata, Chennai MRTS in Chennai, Delhi Metro in Delhi NCR, Namma Metro in Bangalore, Rapid Metro Rail Gurgaon in Gurgaon, Mumbai Metro in Mumbai, Jaipur Metro in Jaipur and Chennai Metro in Chennai. So Every day major and minor changes and development happened in each and every Metro and Railway Zones.
These 16 Railway Zones have 68 divisions also. The divisions are Delhi, Ambala, Firozpur,Lucknow NR, Moradabad, Izzatnagar, Lucknow NER,Varanasi, Alipurduar, Katihar, Rangiya, Lumding, Tinsukia, Howrah, Sealdah, Asansol, Malda, Adra, Chakradharpur, Kharagpur, Ranchi, Secunderabad, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Guntakal , Guntur, Nanded, Chennai, Tiruchirappalli, Madurai, Palakkad, Salem, Thiruvananthapuram, Mumbai, Bhusawal, Pune, Solapur, Nagpur, Mumbai WR, Ratlam, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Vadodara, Hubballi, Bengaluru, Mysuru, Jaipur, Ajmer, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Jabalpur, Bhopal, Kota, llahabad, Agra, Jhansi , Bilaspur, Raipur, Nagpur SEC, Khurda Road, Sambalpur, Waltair, Danapur, Dhanbad, Mughalsarai, Samastipur and Sonpur.