RAILWAY ID PROOF LIST
Indian Railways announced through a press release that to make travel on Reserved ticket including e-ticket more convenient for the rail users, Indian Railways has decided to accept the following as proof of identity for travelling on Reserved tickets. Railway id proof list are following and other details regarding Railway id proof.
Ministry of Railways approves digital Aadhaar and Driving Licence from Digital Locker as proof of identity of passengers for undertaking journey by Train. The issue regarding accepting Aadhaar and Driving Licence as valid proof of identity when presented from digital locker account of the passenger has been examined by Ministry of Railways and it has been decided that while undertaking journey in a train, if a passenger shows the Aadhaar/Driving Licence from the ‘Issued Documents’ section by logging into his/her DigiLocker account, the same should be considered as valid proof of identity. It is, however, clarified that the documents uploaded by the user himself/herself (i.e. the documents in ‘Uploaded Documents’ section) will not be considered as a valid proof of identity.
At present, the following proofs of identity are considered as valid for undertaking journey in any reserved class of Indian Railways:-
- Voter Photo identity card issued by Election Commission of India
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department
- Driving Licence issued by RTO
- Photo identity card having serial number issued by Central/State Government
- Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their students
- Nationalised Bank Passbook with photograph
- Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph
- Unique Identification Card-Aadhaar, m-Aadhaar and e-Aadhaar
- Photo Identity cards having serial number issued by Public Sector Undertakings of State/Central Government, District Administrations, Municipal bodies and Panchayat Administrations
- In case of reserved tickets booked through computerized Passenger Reservation System (PRS) counters, for undertaking journey in Sleeper (SL) and Second Reserved Sitting (2S) classes, attested photocopy of Ration Card with photographs and Nationalized Bank Passbook with Photograph are also accepted
Earlier Post :-
ORIGINAL ID PROOF MANDATORY FOR ALL RESERVED CLASSES FROM 1st December 2012
- Passengers undertaking journey in all AC classes on tickets issued by computerized Passenger Reservation System (PRS) Counters from General Quota, except in III Economy Class (3E).
- Passengers travelling on e-tickets
- Passengers travelling on Tatkal tickets.
- Voter Photo Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India.
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department.
- Driving License issued by Regional Transport Authorities.
- Photo Identity Card having serial number issued by Central / State Government such as:- (i)Pension Pay Orders (PPO) (ii) Ration Card with photographs (iii) Senior Citizen Cards (iv) Below Poverty Line (BPL) Cards (v) ESI Cards with photograph issued for taking treatment in ESI dispensaries. (vi) CGHS Cards with photograph issued to individual family members of Central Govt. employees.
- Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their Students.
- Nationalized Bank Passbook with photographs.
- Credit Cards issued by Banks with Laminated photograph.
- Unique Identification Card “Aadhaar”.
- Photo identity cards having serial number issued by Public Sector Undertakings of State /Central Government, District Administrations, Municipal Bodies, Panchayat Administrations.
So from December 1st 2012 on wards,any one of the passengers booked on a PNR in any Reserved Class has to produce any one of the above mentioned prescribed Proofs of Identity in Original during the journey, Otherwise passengers will be treated as travelling without ticket and charged accordingly. The existing provision for the Tatkal scheme will continue as same as earlier.