Rail Sahyog Web Portal Launched
Indian Railways announced through the press release that Railway launched Rail Sahyog Web Portal and it provide a platform for the Corporates and PSUs to contribute to creation of amenities at/near Railway Stations through CSR funds. Details of Rail Sahyog Web Portal are following.
Indian Railway with its vast network and presence across the length and breadth of the country, has always been at the forefront to serve the society. Inspired by the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister for a New India by 2022, Railways is taking various initiatives for upgrading its infrastructure, technology, hygiene among host of other things for an enhanced passenger experience.
The Indian Railways has identified opportunities in areas wherein corporate collaborations can be fostered which can positively impact the entire ecosystem under Railways. In this regard, the Minister of Railways and Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal launched web portal www.railsahyog.in.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Piyush Goyal said that the “Rail Sahyog” portal is an example of changing times and speedy execution of projects in Railways. The Minister emphasised that the cost indicated against each of the activities identified to be undertaken in this initiative are only indicative in nature but the main focus would be on ensuring creation of good quality assets through this collaboration.
The Minister further added that the portal has been envisaged as a platform for all including individuals as also private and public organisation to contribute towards CSR activities in association with Indian Railways.
The activities identified to be funded through CSR are :
- Construction of toilets in circulating areas of all stations with provision of low cost sanitary pad vending machine and incinerator in female toilets and condom vending machine in male toilets and initial one year maintenance. Approximate Cost per station: Rs. 22-30 Lakh.
- Providing free Wi-Fi at stations through setting up Hotspots. Approximate cost per station: Rs. 10.30 lakhs to Rs 12.30 lakhs
- Provision of Benches at station Platforms as facility for senior citizens/disabled. Approximate cost per set: Rs. 17500 to Rs. 47500.
- Bottle crushing machines at 2175 major stations for ensuring environmental sustainability. The empty plastic water/cold drink bottles generated from the Railway passengers will be crushed in these machines to manage plastic pollution. Approximate cost per machine: Rs. 3.5 lakhs to Rs. 4.5 Lakhs.
- Dustbins at all stations for Swachh Bharat will help in preventing littering around. Separate dustbins for wet/dry waste need to be provided at circulating area of Station and Platforms. Approximate cost per set (two dustbins) : Rs. 4500
Main Features of Rail Sahyog Web Portal :-
- The web portal will provide a platform for the Corporates and PSUs to contribute to creation of amenities at/near Railway Stations through Corporate Social Responsibility funds.
- The companies desirous of contributing can show willingness on the portal by registering their requests.
- The requests will be processed by Railway officials.
- Based on the principle of first come first serve, the requests will be shortlisted and selected applicants will be intimated to deposit the funds with Railways/nominated agencies like RITES/RAILTEL etc. The nominated agency will get the work executed thereafter.
Salient Features of Rail Sahyog Web Portal :-
- Salient feature of this portal is its simplicity and transparency.
- This portal will provide an opportunity for Industry/ Companies/ Associations to collaborate with Railways.
- This portal will not only be beneficial for passengers but also for neighbourhood of Railway vicinity.”
“Rail Sahyog” will remove all hurdles faced by the companies for cooperation with Railways. Individuals, Private companies have the freedom to execute projects in Railways, officials added.
Railway recently launched Aapoorti Mobile App by Railway for E-Tendering and E-Auctions
To follow “Rail Sahyog” on Facebook and Twitter, kindly see the link below:-