Rail MADAD App to Lodge Complaint via Online
Indian Railways has completely digitalised the Complaint management system. Railway launches Rail Madad (Mobile Application for Desired Assistance During travel) App to lodge any complaint or Suggestion relating only to ‘Train’ or ‘Station’ via online. An App to expedite and streamline passenger grievance redressal, Railway announced through a press release on June 11, 2018. Details regarding Rail MADAD App are following.
Rail Madad Portal has been developed to enable Railway pax. to lodge a complaint or give suggestion through on line, app., or SMS and facility to track live status of complaints and provide feedback based on their satisfaction with the resolution. The objective of this portal is to enhance experience of Railways passengers with swift and satisfactory resolution of complaints. PNR details help in correct assignment of a complaint for swift resolution
- Coronavirus Control Cell by Railway
- How Rail MADAD APP Work
- Types of Complaints
- Complaint Register Methods
- Track Complaint
- Lodge Suggestion
- Salient Features
CORONAVIRUS CONTROL CELL by RAILWAY
Indian Railways announced that Railway has opened Board Control Cell to ensure seamless flow of information & suggestions between Railway Administration & public.
- Both 138 &139 as well as RailMadad cell
- would be manned 24*7 for inquiries & assistance.
Covid 19 : Helpline Numbers by Railway
How Rail MADAD APP Work
- RPGRAMS (Railway Passenger Grievance Redressal and Management System),which has been developed by Northern Railway (Delhi Division) and comprises many novel features including ‘Rail Madad’ – a mobile App to register complaints by passengers through mobile phone/web.
- It relays real time feedback to passengers on the status of redressal of their complaints.
The passenger gets an instant ID through SMS on registration of complaint followed by a customized SMS communicating the action taken thereon by Railway.
- RPGRAMS integrates all the passenger complaints received from multiple modes (14 offline/online modes currently) on a single platform, analyzes them holistically and generates various types of management reports which enable the top management to continuously monitor the pace of grievance redressal as well as evaluate the performance of field units/ trains/ stations on various parameters viz cleanliness, catering, amenities etc.
- It also identifies weak/deficient areas and laggard Latest Special trains List 2020/stations for undertaking focussed corrective actions.
The main features of this application are as follows :
- Help Forum is to send photographs in making it possible to assess the actual situation of the complaint.
- Rail Help app issues appeal enter information complaints.
- The Rail Madad app provides complaint information to the field officers of the division.
- Steps of information taken to resolve the complaint SMS pass to the complainant through.
- Rail Help app various security and support services ( eg , security , describes number of child support services, etc.).
Types of Complaints
Passengers can enter Train Complaints and Station Complaints.
- Train Complaint
- Station Complaint
Train Complaint including Complaint Registration in Train
|Complaint Registration in Train|
|Medical Assistance||Medical Assistance|
|Punctuality||NTES App , Late Running|
|Coach - Cleanliness||Toilets, Washbasins, Cockroach/Rodents, Coach Interior, Coach Exterior, Others|
|Coach - Maintenance||Window/Seat Broken, Window/Door locking problem, Tap leaking/Tap not working, Broken/Missing Toilet Fittings, Jerks/Abnormal Sound, Others|
|Water Availability||Packaged Drinking Water/Rail Neer, Toilet, Washbasin, Others|
|Bed Roll||Dirty/Torn, Over Charging, Non Availability, E-Bed Roll, Others|
|Electrical Equipment||Air Conditioner, Fans, Lights, Charging Points, Others|
|Catering and Vending Services||Overcharging, Service Quality and Hygiene, Food Quality and Quantity, E-Catering, Food and Water Not Available, Others|
|Security||Eve Teasing/Molestation, Theft/Snatching, Unauthorised Passengers, Refusal to File FIR, Harassment/Extortion by Police Personnel, Others|
|Staff Behaviour||Staff Behaviour|
Station Complaint including Complaint Registration on Station
|Complaint Registration on Station|
|Medical Assistance||Medical Assistance|
|Cleanliness||Toilets, Platform, Waiting Room/Retiring Room, Station Entrance/Building, Stalls, Others|
|Water Availability||Drinking Water at Platform, Packaged Drinking Water/Rail Neer, Water Vending Machines, Retiring Room/Waiting Room, Toilet, Others|
|Electrical Equipment||Air Conditioner, Fans, Lights, Charging Points, Lifts/Escalators, Display/Coach Indicator Board, Others|
|Catering and Vending Services||Overcharging, Service Quality and Hygiene, Food Quality, Food Quantity, Food and Water Not Available, Others|
|Security||Eve Teasing/Molestation, Theft/Snatching, Nuisance, Refusal to File FIR, Harassment/Extortion of Money by Police Personnel, Others|
|Refund of Tickets||Counter Ticket, Online Ticket, Others|
|Unreserved Ticketing||Mobile - Ticketing, Overcharging, ATVM, Inadequate Counters, MST, Others|
|Reserved Ticketing||E-Ticketing, Overcharging, Tatkal, Inadequate Counters, Touts, Others|
|Enquiry Offices||Incorrect Information, Inadequate Countres, PA (Public Announcement) System, 139, Others|
|Luggage/Parcels||Booking, Delivery, Overcharging, Staff Not Available, Touts, Others|
|Goods||Booking, Delivery, Overcharging, Staff Not Available, Touts, Demurrage/Wharfage, Others|
|Staff Behaviour||Staff Behaviour|
Complaint Register Methods
There are three ways to register our complaint in Rail MADAD App.
How to Register Complaint via Rail MADAD App via Web
- Open Rail MADAD site with the URL : Rail MADAD
- Then Login, If you don’t have an account, try to create one, otherwise you can login via Guest User also.
- Enter your mobile number or email id
- Then you will get an OTP in you phone or email, this OTP is valid for 15 minutes only.
- A page with options contain Train Complaints, Station Complaints, Track your Complaint, Suggestion will appear, you can select any one as per your demand.
- Then you can upload your complaints in the specified space. Y
How to Register Complaint via SMS
- There is a provision to lodge complaint through SMS.
- Passenger can write a message ‘MADAD space your complaint’ and SMS it to 139.
How to Register Complaint via Phone
Complaint can be lodged over phone on the integrated helpline no. 139.
You can track live status of your complaint by clicking on ‘TRACK COMPLAINT’ button after login to the portal.
Suggestion related to New Train, New Stoppage, Passenger Amenities, Freight Services, High Speed Rail Travel, Infusing Technology, Reducing Carbon Footprint etc.
- There are three platform available to lodge complaints in Rail Madad i.e. WEB, APP , SMS and Helpline 139.
- Complaints lodged on Web or Apps can be tracked on both of them.
- Complaints lodged through SMS or helpline number 139 can be tracked only on their respective channels.
- Rail MADAD registers a complaint with minimum inputs from passenger issues unique ID instantly and relays the complaint online to relevant field officials for immediate action. The action taken on complaint is also relayed to passenger through SMS, thus fast tracking the entire process of redressal of complaints through digitisation.
- Rail MADAD also displays various helpline numbers (e.g., Security, Child helpline etc) and provides direct calling facility for immediate assistance in one easy step
- We can attach a supporting document (only .jpg, .jpeg and .png files ) along with the complaint or suggestion. Uploading can be done with click on ‘Choose File’ .
- For lodge complaints or suggestion we can use PNR or UTS number as a travel authority.
- Offline and online modes are being integrated on a single platform, therefore the resultant management reports present a holistic picture of weak/deficient areas and enable focused corrective action by officials concerned.
- Length of the Complaint should be less than 1000 characters
- After receiving the message of resolution you can post your feedback through the link provided in resolution SMS you have received from portal.
- We can’t reopen the complaint if the complainant is not satisfied by the resolution provided by Railways
- The data analysis on various performance parameters of a selected train/station like cleanliness, amenities etc thus making managerial decision more precise and effective.
- We can change the contact details and password later after login.
- There is a restriction on entered PNR for Train Complaints. We can only enter a PNR within 5 days after the boarding time.
- Hierarchy based dashboard/reports will be available for management at Division /Zonal/Railway board level and sent through auto email to every concerned officer weekly
- Once submitted, no modifications/change can be made to the complaint or suggestion. but a fresh complaint or suggestion can be submitted.