Railway Budget 2022
Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented the fourth Union Budget of the Modi 2.0 government today i.e. 01.02.2022 in Parliament. Union Budget 2022 for Railway by Finance Minister (via Press release) are here.
- Finance Minister said Railways will develop new products and efficient logistics services for small farmers and Small and Medium Enterprises, besides taking the lead in integration of Postal and Railways networks to provide seamless solutions for movement of parcels.
- She said ‘One Station-One Product’ concept will be popularized to help local businesses & supply chains.
- As a part of Atmanirbhar Bharat, 2,000 km of network will be brought under Kavach, the indigenous world-class technology for safety and capacity augmentation in 2022-23. Smt Sitharaman said four hundred new-generation Vande Bharat Trains with better energy efficiency and passenger riding experience will be developed and manufactured during the next three years.
- She said one hundred PM GatiShakti Cargo Terminals for multimodal logistics facilities will be developed during the next three years.
Main Highlights of Budget 2022 for Railway are following:-
- PM Gatishakti National Master Plan to Ecompass Seven Engines –Roads,Railways,Airports,Ports,Mass Transport,Waterways and Logistics Infrastructure for Economic Transformation, Seamless Multimodal Connectivity and Logistics Synergy
- National Highways Network to be expanded by 25000 km in 2022-23,
- Unified Logistics Interface Platiform (Ulip) Designed For Application Programming Interface (Api) To Provide Real Time Information To All Stakeholders
- Multimodal Logistics Parks At Four Locations Through Ppp Mode To Be Awarded In 2022-23
- ‘One Station-One Product’ To Be Popularised To Help Local Businesses &Supply Chains
- 2,000 KM of Railway Network to be Brought Under Kavach, 400 New-Generation Vande Bharat Trains to be developed
- 100 PM Gatishakti Cargo Terminals for Multimodal Logistics Facilities to be developed during next three years
- National Ropeways Development Programme to be Taken Up on PPP Mode
- Contracts For 8 Ropeway Projects for 60 KM to be awarded in 2022-23