Premium Special Trains by Indian Railway
Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto/Tejas categories of trains are termed as ✅ premium trains operated by Indian Railways. Details of Premium special trains by Indian Railway.
Salient Features of Premium Special Train on Dynamic Pricing
- Premium special train is being introduced from Railway with dynamic fare pricing.
- Dynamic fare stands for the fare component which may be increased with the subsequent bookings.
- Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of this train will be a maximum of 15 days.
- Agents will not be allowed to book tickets in these trains.
- Dynamic fare shall be charged for confirm as well as RAC passengers.
- Waitlist Ticket Booking is not allowed in this train.
- Upgradation option shall not be applicable in this train.
- Modification is not allowed.
- Only E-tickets will be permitted for booking.
- I-ticket Booking is not allowed in this train.
- E-ticket booking is allowed in General Quota only.
- Tatkal/ Ladies/Other Quota tickets cannot be booked in this train.
- No concession shall be applicable in this train.
- Identity card number of the prescribed proof of identity is required at the time of booking. At least one passenger should travel with his/her ID card in original which was used at the time of booking.
- Vacant berths left at the time of charting will be offered for current booking at current booking counters of train originating stations.
- Cancellation is not allowed. However, ticket can be cancelled only if the train is cancelled.
- Dynamic Fare along with Total fare will be displayed after filling Reservation form. Users must ensure
- the Fare and Journey Details before proceeding for payment.
Catering Policy in Premium Trains
As per the Railway board Policy catering charges are collected in advance (prepaid) for these trains and passengers have the option to opt out of catering services and accordingly no catering charges shall be collected from such passengers at the time of booking ticket. This policy was extended to Tejas trains also when the concept of Tejas trains was introduced in 2017. In addition to the on board catering services and option of prepaid catering charges in Tejas, Railway board policy provided for supplying of packaged drinking water and newspaper to passenger at a cost of Rs.20 which is to be included in the fare and it shall be collected irrespective of the option made by Passengers for catering services so as to ensure parity in services for all. Thus Tejas train has two element of cost component, one towards catering charges for which passenger has the choice to opt out and secondly the cost of Rs.20 towards Packaged drinking water and newspaper.