PASS Booking by Railway
Details of ✅ PASS booking including it’s main features, how to book, pass rules with latest instructions by Railway are here:-
- Universal Pass System
- Salient Features of PASS Booking
- PASS Booking: User Guide
- Pass Rules with the Latest instructions
Universal Pass System for Passengers Travelling in Mumbai Local Trains
The Government of Maharastra decided to implement a pass system with QR codes. Called the Universal Travel Pass and QR code pass, this will be issued only to employees of the essential and emergency services, who will have access to the railway station only with this identity card. Furthermore, passes with QR codes will be checked using a smartphone or QR reader machine and this is expected to help identify travelers with fake identities.
Besides this, the QR code system will add pressure on those traveling on fake IDs and this will eventually reduce the number of commuters. Emergency and essential service personnel can get a pass with QR code at the railway station. The difference between the QR code identity cards this time and the one introduced earlier is that now, there will be a photograph of the person in the ID card. Our staff will scan these QR-coded cards. However, the difficulty is monitoring commuters during peak hours – it becomes difficult to scan everyone entering the station. QR code-based ‘Universal Travel Pass’ required to travel in Mumbai Local Train, Registration details, Quick Manual for Universal Travel Pass is here:- Universal Travel Pass For Train Ticket
Salient Features of PASS Booking
- ‘Pass Booking’ is available under the ‘TRAINS’ menu at the IRCTC e-ticketing website and Rail Connect Mobile App.
- After successful login, the ‘Pass Booking’ is option is available under the ‘TRAINS’ menu on IRCTC e-ticketing website and under ‘Plan My Journey’ on Rail Connect Mobile App.
- To book a ticket in Pass Booking, at least one of the traveling passengers must be a pass holder.
- While providing passenger details at the passenger reservation page, the user needs to provide ‘Pass Number’ and ‘Pass Booking Code’ to validate his pass at the time of booking.
- IRCTC convenience fee is temporarily waived off for Pass booking.
- Travel insurance facility is not available for Pass booking.
- If the ticket is booked in the upper class than the entitled class then the difference of fare will be charged from the user.
- Users can break their journey as per the permission granted on Pass.
- Attendant ticket booking is available as per the pass entitlement.
- Once the pass details provided by the user are validated, PNR will be booked after payment of fare followed by a successful response from the PRS system.
- Other Terms and Conditions for booking, cancellation, refund, etc. are as per refund rules 2015.
PASS Booking: User Guide
- Step 1: Open IRCTC website
- Step 2: Log in to the IRCTC website by clicking on the “Log in” option provided at the top and enter your registered User ID and Password.
- Step 3: After successful login, select “Pass Booking” from the “TRAINS” menu.
- Step 4: A confirmation message will be displayed – “You are booking in Pass Booking”. Press OK to continue.
- Step 5: Provide your desired From – To station, Date of Journey, Quota, and Class of travel.
- Step 6: In case, you do not have any fixed date of journey, select the “Flexible with Date” option.
- Step 7: To find the train list, click on the “Search” button.
- Step 8: The “List of Trains” will be displayed on the next page with class-wise availability and fare.
- Step 9: To select the train from the train list, select desired class of travel and click on the “Book Now” button.
- Step 10: “Passenger Reservation Page” will be displayed on the next page.
- Step 11: For booking a Pass Booking ticket, at least one of the traveling passengers must be a pass holder.
- Step 12: Enter “Passenger Name”, “Age”, “Gender” and select concession option as “Pass Booking” for the pass holder and provide “Pass Number” and “Pass Booking Code” as per the details available in the pass issued.
- Step 13: Additional passengers can be added here by clicking on the “Add Passenger” option.
- Step 14: Concession option for a general passenger to be selected as “General Booking”.
- Step 15: Destination passenger address will be required to be provided under “Your Destination Address”.
- Step 16: To select a different Boarding Station for the journey, the “Change Boarding Station” option (available on the right side of the page) may be used.
- Step 17: After providing Passenger’s Mobile Number and selecting the Payment Mode, click on the “Continue” button to proceed next, and to make any change in the journey details “Back” button may be used.
- Step 18: Once the passenger details entered get verified with the details in pass issued, the next page will be displayed as “Booking Review Page”.
- Step 19: The ticket details, Total fare, Availability of berths and Pass details will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 20: There will be no IRCTC convenience fee and no travel insurance premium charged for the time being for tickets booked in PASS booking.
- Step 21: To make change in journey details, the “Back” button may be used.
- Step 22: After checking all details, enter the captcha and click on the “Continue” button.
- Step 23: If the total fare to be paid is greater than zero, then the payment options page will be displayed to make payment and the PNR number will be generated after successful payment and successful response from the PRS system.
- Step 24: If the total fare to be paid is displayed as zero, then on clicking the continue button “Booking Confirmation Page” will be displayed after a successful response from the PRS system PNR number will be displayed.
- Step 25: Virtual reservation message (VRM) in the form of SMS will be sent on Registered Mobile Number.
- Step 26: A booking confirmation mail will be sent on Email ID (registered with IRCTC User ID).
- Step 27: Electronic Reservation Slip (ERS) can be printed by clicking on the “Print Ticket” image button provided next to the PNR Number.
- Step 28: To book the ticket for Return/Onward Journey, the “Book Return/Onward Ticket” button may be used.
- Step 29: Using this option will retain the details of Passengers as provided in the current ticket.
- Step 30: To book another ticket, the “Book Another Ticket” button may be used.
PASS Booking/ User Guide – PDF Download
Pass Rules with Latest instructions
Pass Rules with latest instructions are here.
- E-Pass Facility for Railway Employees
- HRMS Employee Mobile App for Railway Employees
- How to Get Train Booked Ticket History
- Umid : Unique Medical Identity Card by Railway
- Medical Facility for Railway Employees
- CTSE Scheme for Retired Railway Employees