Parcel Cargo Express Train
Parcel Cargo Express Trains details by Indian Railway.
- Royapuram – Patel Nagar : First Leased Parcel Cargo Express Train from Chennai Division ~ 17.01.2021
- First Cargo Express : SCR ~ 05.08.2020
- Parcel Cargo Express Train : Guwahati – Kalyan
Royapuram – Patel Nagar : First Leased Parcel Cargo Express Train from Chennai Division : 17.01.2021
Chennai Division of Southern Railway flagged off its first leased PCET train between Royapuram and Patel Nager on 17.01.2021. Chennai Division awarded a contract for leased Parcel Cargo Express train.
- Train No. 00653/ 00654, to be run between Royapuram and Patel Nager on a weekly basis. The PCET between Royapuram-Patel Nagar-Royapram by M/s Khanna Logistics left Royapuram railway station on its maiden trip to Patel Nagar today. The tenure of the contract is 6 years. With this contract, the division will garner revenue of Rs. 22 lakhs per round trip. This Parcel Express Cargo Express train (PCET) will be operated between Royapuram to Patel Nagar on every Sunday and back on every Week Friday. This train will originate from Royapuram every Sunday at 20.30 hrs having the intermediate loading/unloading stoppages at Gudur, Bhopal, Nagpur, Bhopal, Agra cantonment and Patel Nagar and this train will reach Patel Nagar on every Tuesday at 14.45 hours.
- On return direction, the train will leave Patel Nagar every Wednesday at 18.00 hrs and will reach 12.30 hrs every Friday at Royapuram. This parcel train will have intermediate loading/unloading stoppages at Agra Cantonment, Bhopal, Nagpur, Vijayawada and Gudur. Initially, the PCET will run with 15 VPs and one SLR and will transport 353 tonnes at one go. The number of VPs will be increased to 20 subsequently as per policy. With one trip per week, the revenue of Rs. 13 crores is expected in the first year and a minimum of Rs. 99 crores revenue expected in the entire contract period.
First Cargo Express : SCR ~ 05.08.2020
South Central Railway has started a Cargo Express as part of the initiative to increase the market share of Railways in the movement of General Cargo. A “Time Tabled’ freight train will start from Sanath Nagar in Hyderabad to Adarsh Nagar in New Delhi from August 5. SCR has taken this as a pilot project and would be running the cargo express every Wednesday. The train will depart every Wednesday evening from Hyderabad and reach Delhi on Friday morning.
Generally, freight trains move bulk commodities that need and entire rake (train). Moreover, these freight trains are generally loaded with a single commodity. However, with the gradual increase in the market for transportation on non-bulk commodity segments, it is imperative that Railways take steps to attract this segment of traffic as well, apart from what is being already carried by Parcel trains. The transit time to cover a distance of around 1,700 kms between Hyderabad and New Delhi is just 34 hours.
The average freight tariff from Hyderabad to Delhi and vice-versa is Rs.2500/- per tonne, depending on the type of commodity loaded. It is almost 40 per cent lower than charges applicable by Road and also the existing railway parcel tariff. The Cargo Express can be tracked in a real time basis.
First Cargo Express of Indian Railways Flagged off
South Central Railway’s first Cargo Express – a time-tabled freight train between Sanathnagar in Hyderabad to Adarshnagar in New Delhi once a week every Wednesday was flagged off on Wednesday (05.08.2020). It is for customers of different freight loads with charges almost 40% lesser than charges applicable by road and also the existing railway parcel tariff. Running at 50 kmh it will reach the destination on Friday. Interested parties can call: 9701371976/ 040 – 27821393, round the clock helpline.
Parcel Cargo Express Train : Guwahati – Kalyan
Indian Railway decide to connected North-east Region to the West Coast by running a Parcel Cargo Express Train (PCET), according to Newspaper report. Indian Railways is starting a parcel cargo express train, connecting Guwahati to Kalyan in Maharashtra, which will help transport agricultural produce and industrial finished goods from the North East to the west coast. Parcel Cargo Express Train for Agricultural Products by Indian Railway details are following.
Parcel Cargo Express Train : Purpose
The Parcel Cargo Express Trains is for transportation of agricultural produce of Northeast region such as pineapple, turmeric, ginger, cane, tea, wax as well as industrial finished goods from New Guwahati Yard (NGC) in Guwahati to Kalyan in Maharastra. Initially, the PCET will run twice in a month between NGC to Kalyan. The maiden run between of the PCET was on May 17th, 2018..
By ensuring supplies of medicines, Continuous Process Plants (CPP) raw material, army CSD consignments, essential supplies, infra-structure inputs etc., being loaded from the West Coast for Northeast, the PCET will meet the demands of the seven sisters of Northeast namely Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh. As per the Railway Ministry policy, on its return journey, the production will be transported to these states at a cheaper rate, giving a boost to the agricultural community as well as the nascent agro/petro based industries of the Northeast region.
While Indian Railways is monitoring a range of operations to make sure the material reaches just-in-time, the operations for transportation have been simplified and made single window by leasing out the Parcel space.
Parcel Cargo Express Train : Features
The leased PCET is cost effective as the logistics costs are cheaper as compared to roadways. It has single window operations and allows a door to door facility. At one time, the PCET can carry 450 tonnes of material. It has insulated coaching wagons and is certified to run at a speed of 110 km per hour. It will follow a scheduled path and a timetable and there will be no cost escalation for 3 years. Additionally, the PCET offers assured supply of Wagon/Rakes and also there is the flexibility of increasing the number of Rakes per month.
✅ What is the difference between cargo and freight?
Cargo is typically goods carried by larger vehicles, such as large cargo ships and planes, whereas freight is typically goods carried by smaller vehicles like trucks. Freight can also be used to describe the action of moving the items. Both terms are used for imported and exported goods
✅ What is difference between freight and transportation?
Transportation is a general term used for movements of goods and people but freight is only used for transportation of commodities and merchandise goods in bulk via air, sea and road.
✅ What is difference between cargo and container?
Cargo is typically goods carried by larger vehicles, such as large cargo ships and planes, whereas container is an item in which objects, materials or data can be stored or transported.
✅ How do I book a parcel on a train?
- Pack the Parcel Properly
- Book the Parcel and Collect the Railway Parcel Booking Charges Receipt
- Tracking of the Parcels Sent Through Indian Railways
- Collection of Railway Parcels
✅ How do Railways calculate parcel charges?
Parcel Rate details are here