Panchvati Express a super fast intercity express train that connects Mumbai with Manmad. It is a daily means of transport for passengers traveling between Mumbai, capital of Maharashtra and Nashik. Following are the salient features and Background material of Panchvati Express.
The train is recorded in the Limca book of records as an ideal train since the train preserves some of its features. It is one of the prestigious trains of Central Railways. It was introduced on 1 November 1973.
Panchvati Express running between Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mumbai and Manmad gets New LHB coaches from 9.5.2018. It has increased safety and riding comfort. The coaches are bio-toilet fitted, cushioned/comfortable seats. Passengers of this train expressed their happiness by garlanding the train when it started its journey in the morning to Mumbai and back to Manmad in the evening.
The train has 16 coaches for second class seating including 4 coaches for reserved second class, 3 AC chair car coaches, one second class seating for ladies.
Panchvati Express : Salient Features
- 100% bio-toilet rake
- Compatible to run at a speed of 130 kmph
- Provision of back mounted snack tables in non-AC coaches
- More comfortable seat cushion
- Stainless Steel fittings in toilets
- Wider Windows
- Larger Luggage Racks
- Reading lamp on all seats in AC coaches
- Foot Rest on all seats
- Window Blinds in AC coaches.
Panchvati Express : Background Material
- Panchvati Express was inaugurated on 1.11.1975
- It was speeded up from 1.4.1998
- One AC chair car was augmented from 28.3.2007
- Presently, this daily train leaves Manmad at 06.02 hrs and arrives Mumbai at 10.45 hrs and in return direction it leaves Mumbai at 18.15 hrs and arrives Manmad at 22.50 hrs.
- The train has unique “Adarsh Coach” (AC Chair Car coach) entered in Limca Book of Records for its cleanliness.