Online Bus Booking by IRCTC
To provide a holistic travel experience, IRCTC has now launched online bus booking services covering 22 states & 3 UTs. Users can now book Buses with seat selection sitting in the comfort of their homes. Details of Online Bus Booking by Railway are following.
IRCTC that is already in the business of online rail and flight ticket booking launched its online bus booking services that went live for the services of the nation on 29.01.2021. The integration of these services over IRCTC Mobile – app is expected to be completed in the first week of March, which will enable the public to book bus tickets through Mobile too.
Customers will be able to book their choice of buses with seat selection sitting in the comfort of their homes via www.bus.irctc.co.in. IRCTC has tied up with more than 50000 state road transport as well as private bus operations covering 22 states and 3 union territories for providing online bus booking services to the customers.
The new features of the online booking will allow the customers to view a variety of buses and choose the appropriate bus for travel considering route, amenities, reviews, rating, and bus images available. Along with this, the customers will be able to choose their pick-up and drop points and timings and finally book their journey at a reasonable price with the ongoing bank and e-wallet discounts too.
✅ What is the advantage of IRCTC / Railway Online bus ticket booking?
- There are many advantages of online bus ticket booking.
- Passenger can choose your preferred seats.
- Online bus ticket booking keeps you away from the long queues of the offline ticket counters.
- Passenger can view plenty of buses and choose an appropriate bus for your travel considering the amenities, reviews, ratings, and bus images available.
- Passengers can choose the preferred bus type (Volvo Bus, AC, or Non AC) and also pickup and dropping point and timings.
- Your tickets can be booked at a reasonable price with multiple payment options.
✅Can we book a state road transport corporation bused from IRCTC?
- Yes, almost all fleets of state road transport corporation buses will be enabled from IRCTC. For example, UPSRTC, APSRTC, GSRTC, OSRTC, Kerala RTC, etc.
✅Do I need to create an account to book bus tickets on IRCTC?
- IRCTC login credentials can be used for booking bus tickets. In case, the customer does not have an IRCTC login he can book through guest user login by providing the required email id and mobile no.
✅Can I cancel my bus tickets at any time?
- Yes, you can. Cancellations can only be done online for online bookings through www.bus.irctc.co.in.
✅What are the payment options that IRCTC accepts?
- IRCTC accept all payment options to complete your bookings like Debit card, Credit card, Net Banking, Wallets, and UPI.
✅How many passengers can be booked in one transaction?
- Maximum 6 passengers can be booked in one transaction.
✅Is name change or gender change permissible?
- No, name change or gender change is not allowed. In case of changes, it is to be canceled and go for fresh booking.
✅Is ID Proof required for Booking?
- No. However, it is mandatory to carry one govt. id card having the same name on the ticket.
✅Can partial cancellation be done?
- Yes, partial cancellation of passengers is allowed.
✅Can we change/modify dates after booking?
- No. In such cases booking needs to be canceled and to be rebooked. Cancellation charges as per policy shall levy.