One Station One Product by Indian Railway
Indian Railway launched One Station One Product scheme in Railway Stations as announced in the Union Budget 2022-23. It aims to make each railway station a promotional hub and showcase destination for a local product giving a major boost to local industry.
The Concept of “One station one Product” has been announced by Union Government while presenting the recent budget (2022-23) in the Parliament. The main objective of the concept is to make each railway station a promotional hub and showcase destination for a local product, thereby giving a major boost to local industries by providing enhanced livelihood and welfare of local artisans, potters, weavers/handloom weavers, Tribals, etc. The stations will act as a marketing channel in the form of an earmarked stall through which the local product distinct to the particular area will be sold.
The Railway Stations by their very nature of having huge footfalls are mass contact areas offering huge potential for marketing any product. Under this concept, earmarked space will be provided at the station platforms for setting up of stalls for marketing and promotion of local food items, handicrafts, artifacts, handlooms, local toys, leather products, garments, traditional appliances, instruments, processed / semi-processed food items etc, which are distinct to a particular area.
Accordingly, Railway Board has advised to identify one station on each Zonal Railway for implementation of this novel concept, initially as a pilot project for a period of 15 days. As such, Tirupati Railway station on South Central Railways has been identified as the first station on the Zone for implementation of this “One station one Product” concept on pilot basis for a period of 15 days, starting from 25th of March 2022.
Tirupati Railway station is the nearest alighting point to reach the world-famous Lord Balaji Temple and witnesses regular flow of rail passengers across all parts of the nation. The surrounding areas of the Tirupati station are famous for Kalamkari art and textiles. Accordingly, the station has been identified for promoting “Kalamkari Sarees and Textiles”. In addition, multiple products can also be showcased / sold at the station, if the products are indigenous to that area, such as Wood Crafting products, etc.
The details of State-wise stations that have been taken up for pilot project are Appended as on 30.03.2022
|Identified Station||Identified product||State||Zone||Division|
|Patna Jn||Madhubani painting and related products||Bihar||ECR||Danapur|
|Visakhapatnam||Etikoppaka Toys (Wooden Toys)||Andhra Pradesh||ECoR||Waltair|
|Howrah||Tant Handloom Sarees + handloom textile||West Bengal||ER||Howrah|
|Bengaluru||Channapatna wooden toys||Karnataka||SWR||Bangalore|
|Chennai Central||Kanchipuram saree||Tamil Nadu||SR||Chennai|
|Tirupati||Kalamkari Saree and textiles||Andhra Pradesh||SCR||Guntakal|
|Balasore||Coconut mat products||Odisha||SER||Kharagpur|
|Jaleshwar||Silver and stone jewellery||Odisha||SER||Kharagpur|
|Kota||Kota Doria Sarees||Rajasthan||WCR||Kota|
|Bilaspur||Dokra Bell Metal handicraft products||Chattisgarh||SECR||Bilaspur|
|Gorakhpur||Terracotta handicrafts||Uttar Pradesh||NER||Lucknow|
|Banaras||Azamgarh Black pottery||Uttar Pradesh||NER||Banaras|
|Varanasi Cantt||Wooden toys||Uttar Pradesh||NR||Lucknow|
|Panipat||Handloom & Pickles||Haryana||NR||Delhi|
|Jaipur||Sanganeri print items & Jaipuri Razai||Rajasthan||NWR||Jaipur|
|Agra Cantt||Marble handicrafts||Uttar Pradesh||NCR||Agra|
Important Points for setting up of One Station One Product Stall
Important points with regard to setting up of stall are:
- Stalls will be allotted on payment of nominal registration fee of Rs.500/- approximately per day.
- Temporary stall structures would be erected by the Railways and sufficient water and electricity connection will be provided for the pilot project free of cost.
- Stall / kiosk will be set up in the areas, which are easily accessible to boarding/alighting at the station.
- Significantly, sale to transit passengers while in train will also be allowed in identified trains/ routes.
- Station entry authority (Identity Card to the vendors) will be given by Station Superintendent clearly indicating name of the authorized vendor, product name and duration in order to ensure no unauthorized entry.
- A badge will be given to the authorized vendors of these stalls clearly indicating “One Station one Product” scheme.
- The sellers to whom the stalls are allotted may carry out platform vending and also be allowed to sell on trains till the next stopping station on proper travel authority.
- Digital Payments: As part of Digital India Concept, payments in digital mode will be encouraged.
- Allotment of stalls: The Identification of artisans/Potters/craftsmen /craftswomen / weavers would be done through local Self-Help Groups (SHG), NGOs, Co-operatives dealing with the identified products. In addition, interested parties may submit their applications to Sr. Divisional Commercial Manager, Guntakal with their product details.
- In case large number of applications are received, allotment will be done through Open lottery/ Public draw system only.
List of Station having One Station, One Product Facility
List of Station having One Station, One Product are here:-
Tirupati Rly Stn will become the 1st station of South Central Railway to implement ‘One Station One Product’. It is set to showcase Kalamkari Sarees & Textiles along with other local indigenous products starting from 25.03.22.
Central Railway : One Station One Product by Indian Railway
Eastern Railway : One Station One Product by Indian Railway
Eastern Railway announced that “One Station one Product”, a noble initiative, was announced in the Union Budget 2022-23 in a bid to promote local artisans/products/industries. This initiative aims to promote local products by making each Railway station a promotional & sales hub, thereby building “Atmanirbhar Bharat”.
Railway is providing excellent opportunities for self-help groups, NGOs, cooperatives to showcase their tant & handloom textiles and jute products at Howrah station to facilitate them in emboldening customer base of local products under “One Station one Product” scheme. Indigenous tant, handloom & jute products are showcased at Howrah station at a kiosk for fifteen days w.e.f. today (25.03.2022), providing golden opportunity of marketing.
All the necessary infrastructural facilities for installation of handloom kiosk at Howrah station have been provided by Railway administration at a nominal token fee of Rs. 500/-. Tant & handloom sarees from Fulia & Shantipur of Nadia District, famous for intricate weaving pattern, vibrant colours and soft textures, are displayed there. Apart, dolna from East Midnapur, designer jut bags from Diamond Harbour of South 24 Parganas and jute jewellery from Basirhat of North 24 Parganas District are also showcased there.
North Central Railway : One Station One Product by Indian Railway
Northeast Frontier Railway : One Station One Product by Indian Railway
Northern Railway : One Station One Product by Indian Railway
Southern Railway : One Station One Product by Indian Railway
South Central Railway : One Station One Product by Indian Railway
South Eastern Railway : One Station One Product by Indian Railway
South Western Railway : One Station One Product by Indian Railway
KSR Bengaluru Karnataka : In the spirit of the “Vocal for Local” campaign, a “One Station, One Product” stall promoting regional craft through jute products has been opened recent at KSR Bengaluru Station in Karnataka.