MUMBAI LOCAL TRAIN NEWS UPDATES
Mumbai Local Train News updates including developments, extension , Suburban fare hike , new changes in the platforms and trains, etc. Following are the details.
- Covid 19 : Mumbai Local Trains : CR & WR Arrangements
- Operation Five Minutes for Tickets in Western Railway
- Western Railway : Renumbering of Platforms
- Extension of Kurla Local up to and from Ghatkopar
- Andheri – Goregaon : Harbour Line Extension
- Mumbai : New Suburban Local Trains from Ghatkopar
- Introduction of additional 15-car services by Central Railway
- New Stop Marks For 12-Car And 15-Car EMU Trains
Other Related Topics
- Mumbai Local Train Time Table 14.12.2019
- Diva – Vasai Road Suburban Train Time Table
- Dadar – Parel : Mumbai Local Train Time Table
- Biometric Token System in Railway
- One Touch ATVM for Fast Ticketing in Mumbai Suburban Sections
- Features of Uttam Rake in Mumbai Ladies Special Trains
- Mumbai Suburban Tourist Train Tickets
COVID 19 CR & WR ARRANGEMENTS
Central Railway and Western Railway take many steps to prevent the spread of COVID 19. Details are under.
Updated : 22.03.2020
CANCELLATION OF ALL TRAIN SERVICES BY INDIAN RAILWAY
Western Railway announced that No Train except goods train will be run up to 2400 hrs of 31.03.2020. However, bare minimum Suburban services will be run till 2400 hrs on 22.03.2020, thereafter these services will also be stopped till 2400 hrs of 31.03.2020.
SUBURBAN TRAIN CANCELLATION
WR suburban update:
Updated : 21.03.2020
Western Railway announced that Due to COVID-19, 477 SUBURBAN LOCAL train services over WR-BCT for date 22.03.20 has been cancelled. Only 800 services will be operated. List of cancelled trains available at Station Masters office. Passengers are requested to cooperate.
Western Railway requested all its valuable passengers and customers to extend their full co operation towards PM’s appeal to impose a Janata Curfew on Sunday 22.03.2020 for effective prevention of spread of Corona Virus. Hence passengers may please note that from 00.00 hrs of 22.03.2020 to 22.00 hrs, most of the Passenger and Mail/Express trains will remain cancelled and only a few trains, with high occupancy, will be run.
Updated : 20.03.2020
- All AC local suburban services over WR will be cancelled from 20.03.20- 31.03.20. Non-AC local services will be operated on the path of the cancelled AC Locals. Passengers are requested to kindly cooperate
CR suburban update:
Updated : 21.03.2020
Central Railway announced that Keeping in view of Janta Curfew on 22.3.2020 (i.e. on Sunday), Central Railway has decided to cancel all originating Mail/Express trains between 04.00 am to 10.00 pm on 22.3.2020.
- Also, all passenger trains including MEMU, DEMU on Central Railway between midnight 00 hrs to 10.00 pm on 22.03.2020 will remain cancelled.
- In case of suburban trains approximately 11.00 suburban trains on Mumbai division and 15 suburban trains on Pune Division will run on 22.03.2020 (i.e. on Sunday) which is approximately 60% of the total number of trains on Mumbai Division.
- All Aman Lodge-Matheran services will also remain cancelled on 22.3.2020.
Updated : 20.03.2020
16 AC suburban services running on Trans-harbour line i.e. Thane-Vashi/Nerul/Panvel are cancelled from 20.3.2020 to 31.3.2020 in the wake of COVID 19
Railway announced special trains to clear extra heavy rush on account of COVID-19 on 20.03.2020 as per the scheduled given below: Special Trains
AIR CONDITIONED EMU TRAIN SUSPENDED FROM 20TH MARCH, 2020
Western Railway announced on 19.03.2020 that, all 12 services of the air conditioned EMU local train on Mumbai Suburban section have been suspended w.e.f 20th March, 2020upto 31st March, 2020.
However, there will be no change in the total number of services being run, as these AC locals are being replaced by the regular non-AC trains. Hoardings regarding preventive measures to be adopted on the spread of corona virus have been installed at Charni Rd., Mahalaxmi, Dadar, Bandra ROB, Santacruz, Vile Parle, Andheri, Goregaon, Malad, Borivali, Vasai Rd and Virar stations. Vinyl wrapping of two EMU rakes is being done for awareness in suburban area. Spraying of Lizol disinfectant on grab poles, grab handles, SS partition, window grills, electrical switches and end panels is being done in all EMUs on daily basis.
DORMITORIES CLOSED BY RAILWAY
Central Railway announced that In order to restrict spread of COVID-19, dormitories at CSMT and LTT station have been closed untill further notice. All are requested to kindly co-operate.
COVID 19 : PLATFORM TICKET INCREASED AS PREVENTIVE MEASURE
Central Railway announced that CR on its Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Bhusaval and Solapur divisions increased the platform ticket from ₹10/- to ₹50/- till further advice as preventive measure against Covid 19.
Western Railway decided to increase the rate of platform tickets with a view to restrict & discourage the number of passengers in railway premises including platform and FOBs as measure to mitigate the Pandemic Corona virus infection.
The ticket rate has been increased from ₹.10/- to ₹.50 /- at 26 stations of W. Rly’s Mumbai Division with effect from 17/03/2020. These stations are Surat, Bandra (T), Borivali, Udhna, Mumbai Central, Vapi, Dadar, Valsad, Navsari, Andheri, Vasai Road, Boisar, Nandurbar, Bilimora, Amalner, Virar, Palghar, Bandra, Bhayandar, Dahanu Road, Goregaon, Nalasopara, Vyara, Dondaicha, Churchgate and Malad.
There will be no change in the rate of platform tickets of rest of the stations. Similarly, the other divisions of W. Rly have also increased the platform ticket rates at select stations from ₹.10/- to ₹.50 /- as a precautionary measure for crowd management.
- Mumbai Mega Block details
- Train Cancellation details
- Rescheduled and Diverted Train details
- Major Train Blocks
NEW STOP MARKS FOR 12-CAR and 15-CAR EMU TRAINS
Western Railway announced that has decided to provide new common stop marks at certain platforms for 12-car and 15-car EMU trains at Nalasopara, Andheri and Dadar stations with effect from 19th November, 2019. Due to this there will be a shift in the location of the halt of 12-car EMU services which are as under:
|S. No.||Station||Line/Platform No.||Changes|
|1.||Nalasopara||UP Slow Line on Platform No. 2||Existing 12-car EMU train stop mark will be shifted 66 mts. towards south from existing location.|
|2.||Andheri||UP Fast Line on Platform No. 7||Existing 12-car EMU train stop mark will be shifted 10 mts. towards south from existing location.Existing 15-car EMU train stop mark will be shifted 52 mts. towards north from existing location.|
|3.||Dadar||DOWN Fast Line on Platform No. 3||Existing 12-car EMU train stop mark will be shifted 66 mts. towards north from existing location.|
Passengers may kindly take note of the changes in existing stop marks for 12 and 15-car EMU trains at Nalasopara, Andheri and Dadar stations to avoid any inconvenience.
OPERATION FIVE MINUTES FOR TICKETS IN WESTERN RAILWAY
Western Railway has launched the campaign “Operation Five Minutes” for the convenience of travelers purchasing ticket from unreserved ticket counters. Under this campaign, attempt have been made to reduce the time taken for purchasing tickets from the ticket counter and provide tickets to the passengers in five minutes.
According to the press release by WR, they are taking all possible efforts to provide tickets to the passengers in five minutes and appropriate awareness campaigns are being conducted across all the six divisions of WR. Posters about the same were installed at prominent areas near the booking office ticket counters informing the passengers about the efforts to issue ticket in five minutes.
They have also requested the passengers to give their feedback and suggestions by dialling the phone number given on the posters. To ease the ticketing procedure WR also encourage the passengers to go digital and to use the UTS App as well as the use of smart cards for purchasing tickets through ATVM Machine.
MUMBAI : NEW SUBURBAN LOCAL TRAINS FROM GHATKOPAR
The Central Railway has increased services from and towards Ghatkopar from four to six. The two additional services have been added as the Central Railway has decided to extend a Kurla bound local train till Ghatkopar.
From Monday, the 09.57 am local from CSMT Mumbai will reach Ghatkopar at 10.31. The 10.35 am local from Ghatkopar will reach CSMT at 11.12 am.
New Ghatkopar local (G-6) flagged off at 10.35 hrs from Ghatkopar.
- G-5 local CSMT depart 09.57 hrs Ghatkopar arrive 10.31 hrs
- G-6 local Ghatkopar depart 10.35 hrs CSMT arrive 11.12 hrs
INTRODUCTION OF ADDITIONAL 15-CAR SERVICES BY CENTRAL RAILWAY
Central Railway introduced Second 15-car rake into service on 3.3.2019 and following services will run with 15-car rake with effect from 4.3.2019
Additional 15-car services with effect from 4.3.2019
- Train no.95804 (DL-56) Dombivali depart 06.14 hrs and CSMT arrive 07.11 hrs and will halt at Thane, Bhandup, Ghatkopar, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla
- Train no.95803 (DL-53) CSMT depart 11.37 hrs and Dombivali arrive 12.29 hrs and will halt at Byculla, Dadar, Kurla, Ghatkopar, Thane.
- Both the services will not run on Saturdays/Sundays/Holidays
Conversion of existing 12-car services into 15-car services with revised halts with effect from 4.3.2019
- Train no.95703 (K-11) CSMT depart 07.25 hrs Kalyan arrive 08.25 hrs and will halt at Byculla, Dadar, Kurla, Ghatkopar, Bhandup, Thane, Dombivali
- Train no.95907 (T-41) CSMT depart 09.48 hrs Thane arrive 10.30 hrs and will halt at Dadar, Kurla, Ghatkopar, Mulund
- Train no.95712 (K-28) Kalyan depart 08.34 hrs CSMT arrive 09.35 hrs and will halt at Dombivali, Thane, Mulund, Ghatkopar, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla
- Train no.95912 (T-72) Thane depart 10.49 hrs CSMT arrive 11.33 hrs and will halt at Mulund, Ghatkopar, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla.
Change in halts of fast services with effect from 4.3.2019
- Train no. 95204 (BL-10) Badlapur depart 08.11 hrs CSMT arrive 09.32 hrs will halt at Kalyan, Dombivali, Thane, Mulund, Vikhroli, Ghatkopar, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla.
- Train no.95406 (N-10) Kasara depart 07.22 hrs CSMT arrive 09.38 hrs will halt at Kalyan, Dombivali, Diva, Thane, Mulund, Vikhroli, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla.
- 15-car services on mainline (Monday to Friday) 22 daily, Saturday-16 and Sunday-nil
- Total services on mainline Monday to Friday will increase from 856 to 858 daily and overall services will increase from 1772 to 1774 daily.
- Saturday it will remain 856 and overall services will remain 1772.
- Sundays/Holidays it will remain 646 and overall services will remain 1424.
EXTENSION OF KURLA LOCAL UP TO AND FROM GHATKOPAR
Central Railway announced that Railway has decided to extend Local 97615 (C-15) and 97618 (C-18) Kurla Local upto Ghatkopar with new number 97505 (G 5) and 97506 (G 6) with effect from 31.12.2018 as under.
- G-5 Ghatkopar local will leave CSMT at 09.57 hrs and will reach Ghatkopar at 10.31 hrs
- G-6 CSMT local will leave Ghatkopar at 10.35 hrs and will reach CSMT at 11.12 hrs
G-5 and G-6 CSMT–Ghatkopar locals will not run on Sundays/ Holidays.
Due to this the timings of following locals will be as under:-
- TL-15 Titwala local will leave CSMT at 09.53 hrs (existing 09.57 hrs) and reach Kalyan at 11.24 hrs and no change between Kalyan- Tilwala section.
- K-35 Kalyan local will leave CSMT at 10.02 hrs and will reach Kalyan at 11.32 hrs
- T 45 Thane local will leave CSMT at 10.06 hrs and will reach Thane at 11.04 hrs
- T 47 Thane local will leave CSMT at 10.10 hrs and will reach Thane at 11.08 hrs
- K 37 Kalyan local will leave CSMT at 10.14 hrs and will reach Kalyan at 11.45 hrs
Total services on main line will be 856 daily as at present. Total Ghatkopar services will increase from 4 to 6 daily.
ANDHERI – GOREGAON : HARBOUR LINE EXTENSION
Indian Railway announced that Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis together will inaugurate newly extended Harbour line section between Andheri and Goregaon today i.e on 29.03.2018 at 07.15 pm.
The extension of harbour line from Andheri to Goregaon is a project worth Rs 103 crore and is part of the Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP)-2. “From April 1, we will operate 49 services on harbour line till Goregaon,” said Mukul Jain, divisional railway manager (Mumbai), Western Railway (WR).
Extension of Harbour lines from Andheri to Goregaon will provide seamless connectivity from CSMT to Goregaon. It is expected that over 13000 Harbour line commuters will be specially benefitted along with others. Till now, Harbour line, a direct connect to CSMT on Central Railway, had been available up to Andheri on Western Railway.
Today Railway will introduce 49 suburban services on this section along with host of amenities for the convenience of commuters.
Of these, 7 services will operate on Churchgate-Goregaon stretch and 42 services on CSMT-Goregaon route. This line is likely to cater more than 13,000 commuters everyday between Malad and Andheri stations. The trains will halt at the newly constructed Jogeshwari and Ram Mandir stations before terminating at Goregaon.
Andheri – Goregaon : Harbour Line Section extension
- Regular Harbour line services to start from April 1st, 2018.
- First service from Goregaon at 09.42 am.
- Last service from CSMT at 07.37 pm.
- 42 Harbour line services between CSMT and Goregaon
- 1 lakh commuters from Goregaon, Ram Mandir, Jogeshwari to benefit.
- 7 Western Railway services between Churchgate and Goregaon.
The Minster will also inaugurate various passenger amenities such as :-
- Escalators at CSMT, Dockyard Road, Thane and Lonavala stations.
- Lifts at Borivali and Dadar
- New elevated booking officed at Andheri
- Foot over bridges at Chunabhatti and an extended FOB at Virar.
- Additional services on Neral – Matheran section
- Sloar Panels at Ram Mandir and Santacruz Stations
- LED Lights at all stations of Western Railway and Central Railway
WESTERN RAILWAY : RENUMBERING OF PLATFORMS
Western Railway announced that for the convenience of passengers and to bring about uniformity, the platform numbers of GOREGAON, RAM MANDIR and JOGESHWARI stations will be changed w.e.f midnight of 25 /26 February, 2018. The new platform nos. from West to East will be as under:-
|Existing PF No. from West to East||New PF No w.e.f midnight of 25/26-02/2018||Line|
The newly laid harbour platforms at Jogeshwari and Ram Mandir stations to be numbered as under.
- Jogeshwari – DN Harbour – PF NO.5
- – UP Harbour – PF NO.6
- Ram Mandir – DN Harbour – PF NO.1
- – UP Harbour – PF No.2