MUMBAI LOCAL TRAIN NEWS UPDATES
Mumbai Local Train News updates including developments, extension , Suburban fare hike , new changes in the platforms and trains, etc. Following are the details.
- Covid 19 : Local Trains Start For Essential Railway Staff
- Operation Five Minutes for Tickets in Western Railway
- Western Railway : Renumbering of Platforms
- Andheri – Goregaon : Harbour Line Extension
- Mumbai : New Suburban Local Trains from Ghatkopar
- Introduction of additional 15-car services by Central Railway
- New Stop Marks For 12-Car And 15-Car EMU Trains
- Other Related Topics
Updated : 21.05.2020
COVID 19 : LOCAL TRAINS START FOR ESSENTIAL RAILWAY STAFF
The Central Railway on Tuesday started Local Trains only for Railway workers engaged in essential services, a famous Newspaper reported. . These trains :-
- CSMT – Panvel
- CSMT -Karjat
- CSMT – Kasara
Will make a total of eight trips (both up and down) every day.
The Tuesday’s coal was the first one since the lockdown was enforced on March 23. Meanwhile, the Railway authorities have directed people to not rush towards auburn stations when they see the trains functioning. A separated announcement will be made by the state government about local trains fro citizens.
Central Railway and Western Railway take many steps to prevent the spread of COVID 19. Details are under.
Guidelines for Train Services beginning on 1st June 2020
- Graded Restoration of Train services .
- Move to help migrants as well who wish to travel other than Shramik Trains.
- These rules are for trains other than Shramik trains, which will continue to run in bigger numbers.
- 100 pairs of Trains listed.
- Norms made for Booking of Tickets & Charting, Quota, Concessions, Cancellation & Refunds, Health Screening, Catering, Linen etc
- Booking of all these trains will commence from 10 am on 21/05/20.
Other regular Passenger services including all mail/express, passenger and suburban services shall remain cancelled until further advice.
- There will be no unreserved coach in the train.
- Fare shall be as normal and for General (GS) coaches, being reserved, second seating(2S) fare shall be charged and seat will be provided to all the passengers.
- Only online E-Ticketing will be done through IRCTC website or through Mobile App. No tickets will be booked across the reservation counter on any Railway Station.
- The ARP (advance reservation period) shall be maximum 30 days.
- Only passengers with Confirmed tickets shall be allowed to enter the Railway station.
- Screening to be done before boarding and only asymptomatic passengers are allowed to enter /board the train.
- Concessions for four categories of Divyangjan concession and 11 categories of patient concessions are permitted in these special trains.
- On arrival at their destination, the travelling passengers will have to adhere to such health protocols as are prescribed by the destination state/UT
- No Linen, blankets and curtains shall be provided inside the train.
COVID 19 CR & WR ARRANGEMENTS
DORMITORIES CLOSED BY RAILWAY
Central Railway announced that In order to restrict spread of COVID-19, dormitories at CSMT and LTT station have been closed untill further notice. All are requested to kindly co-operate.
COVID 19 : PLATFORM TICKET INCREASED AS PREVENTIVE MEASURE
Central Railway announced that CR on its Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Bhusaval and Solapur divisions increased the platform ticket from ₹10/- to ₹50/- till further advice as preventive measure against Covid 19.
Western Railway decided to increase the rate of platform tickets with a view to restrict & discourage the number of passengers in railway premises including platform and FOBs as measure to mitigate the Pandemic Corona virus infection.
The ticket rate has been increased from ₹.10/- to ₹.50 /- at 26 stations of W. Rly’s Mumbai Division with effect from 17/03/2020. These stations are Surat, Bandra (T), Borivali, Udhna, Mumbai Central, Vapi, Dadar, Valsad, Navsari, Andheri, Vasai Road, Boisar, Nandurbar, Bilimora, Amalner, Virar, Palghar, Bandra, Bhayandar, Dahanu Road, Goregaon, Nalasopara, Vyara, Dondaicha, Churchgate and Malad.
There will be no change in the rate of platform tickets of rest of the stations. Similarly, the other divisions of W. Rly have also increased the platform ticket rates at select stations from ₹.10/- to ₹.50 /- as a precautionary measure for crowd management.
- Mumbai Mega Block details
- Train Cancellation details
- Rescheduled and Diverted Train details
- Major Train Blocks
NEW STOP MARKS
NEW STOP MARKS FOR 12-CAR and 15-CAR EMU TRAINS
Western Railway announced that has decided to provide new common stop marks at certain platforms for 12-car and 15-car EMU trains at Nalasopara, Andheri and Dadar stations with effect from 19th November, 2019. Due to this there will be a shift in the location of the halt of 12-car EMU services which are as under:
|S. No.||Station||Line/Platform No.||Changes|
|1.||Nalasopara||UP Slow Line on Platform No. 2||Existing 12-car EMU train stop mark will be shifted 66 mts. towards south from existing location.|
|2.||Andheri||UP Fast Line on Platform No. 7||Existing 12-car EMU train stop mark will be shifted 10 mts. towards south from existing location.Existing 15-car EMU train stop mark will be shifted 52 mts. towards north from existing location.|
|3.||Dadar||DOWN Fast Line on Platform No. 3||Existing 12-car EMU train stop mark will be shifted 66 mts. towards north from existing location.|
Passengers may kindly take note of the changes in existing stop marks for 12 and 15-car EMU trains at Nalasopara, Andheri and Dadar stations to avoid any inconvenience.
FIVE MINUTES FOR TICKETS
OPERATION FIVE MINUTES FOR TICKETS IN WESTERN RAILWAY
Western Railway has launched the campaign “Operation Five Minutes” for the convenience of travelers purchasing ticket from unreserved ticket counters. Under this campaign, attempt have been made to reduce the time taken for purchasing tickets from the ticket counter and provide tickets to the passengers in five minutes.
According to the press release by WR, they are taking all possible efforts to provide tickets to the passengers in five minutes and appropriate awareness campaigns are being conducted across all the six divisions of WR. Posters about the same were installed at prominent areas near the booking office ticket counters informing the passengers about the efforts to issue ticket in five minutes.
They have also requested the passengers to give their feedback and suggestions by dialling the phone number given on the posters. To ease the ticketing procedure WR also encourage the passengers to go digital and to use the UTS App as well as the use of smart cards for purchasing tickets through ATVM Machine.
INTRODUCTION OF ADDITIONAL 15-CAR SERVICES BY CENTRAL RAILWAY
Central Railway introduced Second 15-car rake into service on 3.3.2019 and following services will run with 15-car rake with effect from 4.3.2019
Additional 15-car services with effect from 4.3.2019
- Train no.95804 (DL-56) Dombivali depart 06.14 hrs and CSMT arrive 07.11 hrs and will halt at Thane, Bhandup, Ghatkopar, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla
- Train no.95803 (DL-53) CSMT depart 11.37 hrs and Dombivali arrive 12.29 hrs and will halt at Byculla, Dadar, Kurla, Ghatkopar, Thane.
- Both the services will not run on Saturdays/Sundays/Holidays
Conversion of existing 12-car services into 15-car services with revised halts with effect from 4.3.2019
- Train no.95703 (K-11) CSMT depart 07.25 hrs Kalyan arrive 08.25 hrs and will halt at Byculla, Dadar, Kurla, Ghatkopar, Bhandup, Thane, Dombivali
- Train no.95907 (T-41) CSMT depart 09.48 hrs Thane arrive 10.30 hrs and will halt at Dadar, Kurla, Ghatkopar, Mulund
- Train no.95712 (K-28) Kalyan depart 08.34 hrs CSMT arrive 09.35 hrs and will halt at Dombivali, Thane, Mulund, Ghatkopar, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla
- Train no.95912 (T-72) Thane depart 10.49 hrs CSMT arrive 11.33 hrs and will halt at Mulund, Ghatkopar, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla.
Change in halts of fast services with effect from 4.3.2019
- Train no. 95204 (BL-10) Badlapur depart 08.11 hrs CSMT arrive 09.32 hrs will halt at Kalyan, Dombivali, Thane, Mulund, Vikhroli, Ghatkopar, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla.
- Train no.95406 (N-10) Kasara depart 07.22 hrs CSMT arrive 09.38 hrs will halt at Kalyan, Dombivali, Diva, Thane, Mulund, Vikhroli, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla.
- 15-car services on mainline (Monday to Friday) 22 daily, Saturday-16 and Sunday-nil
- Total services on mainline Monday to Friday will increase from 856 to 858 daily and overall services will increase from 1772 to 1774 daily.
- Saturday it will remain 856 and overall services will remain 1772.
- Sundays/Holidays it will remain 646 and overall services will remain 1424.
CENTRAL LINE EXTENSION
MUMBAI : NEW SUBURBAN LOCAL TRAINS FROM GHATKOPAR
The Central Railway has increased services from and towards Ghatkopar from four to six. The two additional services have been added as the Central Railway has decided to extend a Kurla bound local train till Ghatkopar.
From Monday, the 09.57 am local from CSMT Mumbai will reach Ghatkopar at 10.31. The 10.35 am local from Ghatkopar will reach CSMT at 11.12 am.
New Ghatkopar local (G-6) flagged off at 10.35 hrs from Ghatkopar.
- G-5 local CSMT depart 09.57 hrs Ghatkopar arrive 10.31 hrs
- G-6 local Ghatkopar depart 10.35 hrs CSMT arrive 11.12 hrs
EXTENSION OF KURLA LOCAL UP TO AND FROM GHATKOPAR
Central Railway announced that Railway has decided to extend Local 97615 (C-15) and 97618 (C-18) Kurla Local upto Ghatkopar with new number 97505 (G 5) and 97506 (G 6) with effect from 31.12.2018 as under.
- G-5 Ghatkopar local will leave CSMT at 09.57 hrs and will reach Ghatkopar at 10.31 hrs
- G-6 CSMT local will leave Ghatkopar at 10.35 hrs and will reach CSMT at 11.12 hrs
G-5 and G-6 CSMT–Ghatkopar locals will not run on Sundays/ Holidays.
Due to this the timings of following locals will be as under:-
- TL-15 Titwala local will leave CSMT at 09.53 hrs (existing 09.57 hrs) and reach Kalyan at 11.24 hrs and no change between Kalyan- Tilwala section.
- K-35 Kalyan local will leave CSMT at 10.02 hrs and will reach Kalyan at 11.32 hrs
- T 45 Thane local will leave CSMT at 10.06 hrs and will reach Thane at 11.04 hrs
- T 47 Thane local will leave CSMT at 10.10 hrs and will reach Thane at 11.08 hrs
- K 37 Kalyan local will leave CSMT at 10.14 hrs and will reach Kalyan at 11.45 hrs
Total services on main line will be 856 daily as at present. Total Ghatkopar services will increase from 4 to 6 daily.
HARBOUR LINE EXTENSION
ANDHERI – GOREGAON : HARBOUR LINE EXTENSION
Indian Railway announced that Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis together will inaugurate newly extended Harbour line section between Andheri and Goregaon today i.e on 29.03.2018 at 07.15 pm.
The extension of harbour line from Andheri to Goregaon is a project worth Rs 103 crore and is part of the Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP)-2. “From April 1, we will operate 49 services on harbour line till Goregaon,” said Mukul Jain, divisional railway manager (Mumbai), Western Railway (WR).
Extension of Harbour lines from Andheri to Goregaon will provide seamless connectivity from CSMT to Goregaon. It is expected that over 13000 Harbour line commuters will be specially benefitted along with others. Till now, Harbour line, a direct connect to CSMT on Central Railway, had been available up to Andheri on Western Railway.
Today Railway will introduce 49 suburban services on this section along with host of amenities for the convenience of commuters.
Of these, 7 services will operate on Churchgate-Goregaon stretch and 42 services on CSMT-Goregaon route. This line is likely to cater more than 13,000 commuters everyday between Malad and Andheri stations. The trains will halt at the newly constructed Jogeshwari and Ram Mandir stations before terminating at Goregaon.
Andheri – Goregaon : Harbour Line Section extension
- Regular Harbour line services to start from April 1st, 2018.
- First service from Goregaon at 09.42 am.
- Last service from CSMT at 07.37 pm.
- 42 Harbour line services between CSMT and Goregaon
- 1 lakh commuters from Goregaon, Ram Mandir, Jogeshwari to benefit.
- 7 Western Railway services between Churchgate and Goregaon.
The Minster will also inaugurate various passenger amenities such as :-
- Escalators at CSMT, Dockyard Road, Thane and Lonavala stations.
- Lifts at Borivali and Dadar
- New elevated booking officed at Andheri
- Foot over bridges at Chunabhatti and an extended FOB at Virar.
- Additional services on Neral – Matheran section
- Sloar Panels at Ram Mandir and Santacruz Stations
- LED Lights at all stations of Western Railway and Central Railway
RENUMBERING OF PLATFORMS
WESTERN RAILWAY : RENUMBERING OF PLATFORMS
Western Railway announced that for the convenience of passengers and to bring about uniformity, the platform numbers of GOREGAON, RAM MANDIR and JOGESHWARI stations will be changed w.e.f midnight of 25 /26 February, 2018. The new platform nos. from West to East will be as under:-
|Existing PF No. from West to East||New PF No w.e.f midnight of 25/26-02/2018||Line|
The newly laid harbour platforms at Jogeshwari and Ram Mandir stations to be numbered as under.
- Jogeshwari – DN Harbour – PF NO.5
- – UP Harbour – PF NO.6
- Ram Mandir – DN Harbour – PF NO.1
- – UP Harbour – PF No.2