MUMBAI LOCAL TRAIN NEWS UPDATES
Mumbai Local Train News updates including developments, extension , Suburban fare hike , new changes in the platforms and trains, etc. Following are the details.
- Mumbai: Supporting Students Appearing For NEET & JEE Exams 2020
- Mumbai Suburban Train ~ CR and WR Updates
- Mumbai Local Trains: No entry for Children
- Suburban Services Restarted on Nerul/Belapur-Kharkopar Section ~ 20.11.2020
- Teachers and Non-Teachers Can Travel in Local ~ 13.11.2020
- Defence Services ( CDS ) Exams: CR & WR Joint Media Update ~ 07.11.2020
- CR and WR Again Increased the Suburban Services ~ 02.11.2020
- Mumbai Local: Additional 610 Suburban Services – Total 2020 ~ 01.11.2020
- Time Table of 1000 Suburban Services by WR ~ 01.11.2020
- ✅ Lawyers, Registered Clerks of Lawyers can Travel in Mumbai Local ~ 27.10.2020
- Permission for Private Guards in Mumbai Suburban Locals ~ 23.10.2020
- Permission for All Ladies to Travel in Local Trains ~ 21.10.2020
- ✅ Time Table of Ladies Special Trains ~ 21.10.2020
- ✅ Revised Main, Harbour, Trans-Harbour Suburban Train Time Table For Essential Staff ~ 19.10.2020
- CR – Revised Suburban Time Table ~ 15.10.2020
- Mumbai: 194 Additional Suburban Services by Western Railway ~ 15.10.2020
- CR to operate Additional 22 Suburban Special Services ~10.10.2020
- CR Run 4 special suburban services in Pune-Lonavala ~ 12.10.2020
- CR to operate 431 suburban trains ~ 01.10.2020
- 504 Special Suburban Services and 02 Ladies Special Trains by Western Railway ~ 28.09.2020
- Time Table of 506 Special Suburban Trains by WR ~ 28.09.2020
- Suspension of Regular Passenger Train Services Updates ~ 11.08.2020
- ✅ Mumbai Suburban Service Extend and Timings Revised ~ 17.07.2020
- Two New Local Train Services on Trans – Harbour Line by CR ~ 13.07.2020
- 350 Local Trains in Mumbai ~ 01.07.2020
- COVID -19 CR & WR Arrangements
- Operation Five Minutes for Tickets in Western Railway
- Western Railway : Renumbering of Platforms
- Andheri – Goregaon : Harbour Line Extension
- Mumbai : New Suburban Local Trains from Ghatkopar
- Introduction of additional 15-car services by Central Railway
- New Stop Marks For 12-Car And 15-Car EMU Trains
- Other Related Topics
- Mumbai Local Train Time Table Updates
Updated : 27.11.2020
Mumbai Local Trains: No entry for Children
Western Railway announced that Railway Board has only permitted the ladies passengers to travel in local trains during the stipulated hours over Mumbai Metropolitan region. However, it has been noticed that women passengers are travelling with their Child/Children. In view of the above, it is once again reiterated that only ladies are allowed during the timing stipulated and not children. Hence it is requested to depute RPF at each entry gate and issue necessary instructions to restrict the entry of the children at the entrance itself.
Updated : 24.11.2020
Central Railway – Updates
- UP Harbour line traffic between Kurla-Chunabhatti is restored at 4.55 pm
- UP line traffic on Harbour line between Kurla – Chunabhatti has been stopped due to safety reasons as, while dismantling old DC station, some portion of boundary wall, slipped near UP sidetrack. Time at 4.15 pm. No injuries. Traffic will be restored in half an hour.
Updated : 21.11.2020
Central Railway and Western Railway announced that Teaching and non-teaching staff carrying valid identity cards, students carrying valid hall tickets FOR Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Education Examinations, permitted to travel by suburban services over Mumbai Suburban network up to 10.12. 2020. Valid identity cards/ Exam hall tickets are the authority for entry at the stations.
Suburban Services Restarted on Nerul/Belapur-Kharkopar Section ~ 20.11.2020
Central Railway announced that for categories of passengers as identified by the State Government and as approved by Ministry of Railways, Suburban services restarted on Nerul/Belapur-Kharkopar section from 20.11.2020
Teachers and Non-Teachers Can Travel in Local ~ 13.11.2020
Indian Railways announced on 13.11.2020 that enhancing convenience for those on a mission to impart knowledge, Railways permits teachers and non-teaching staff of schools to travel by special suburban services in Mumbai.
Defence Services ( CDS ) Exams: CR & WR Joint Media Update ~ 07.11.2020
Central Railway announced that Permission has been granted by Ministry of Railways, Government of India to the candidates of combined Defence Services ( CDS ) exams, to travel by special suburban services over Mumbai Suburban network on Sunday, 8th November, 2020. Valid identity cards of the candidates for this examination will be considered as authority for entry at the stations.
CR and WR Again Increased the Suburban Services ~ 02.11.2020
Railway announced that CR and WR decide to increase the Suburban Services again in view the social distance norms and safety of public at large. Further details are following.
- Railways now to operate 2773 suburban services with the addition of 753 suburban services to the existing 2020 with effect from 2.11.2020
- Additional 552 suburban services on CR to the existing 1020, making the total 1572 services
- Additional 201 suburban services on WR to the existing 1000, making the total 1201 services
- Currently, 1020 suburban services on Central Railway and 1000 suburban services on Western Railway are being operated.
Mumbai Local: Additional 610 Suburban Services – Total 2020 ~ 01.11.2020
Indian railway announced that in order to maintain social distancing and to avoid crowding, Railway has decided to increase the daily Mumbai suburban services from 1410 to 2020 with effect from 01.11.2020.
Currently, 704 Suburban services on Western Railway and 706 suburban services on Central Railway are being operated.
Railway to operate 2020 suburban services with effect from 01.11.2020. Additional 610 suburban services to the existing 1410 services. Additional 314 Suburban services on CR to the existing 706, making the total 1020 services. Additional 296 Suburban services on WR to the existing 704, making the total 1000 services.
Time Table of 1000 Suburban Services by WR ~ 01.11.2020
Lawyers, Registered Clerks of Lawyers can Travel in Mumbai Local ~ 27.10.2020
Ministry of Railway announced that permission has been granted by Ministry of Railways, Government of India to Lawyers practising in different courts and registered clerks of lawyers, for travel by suburban services in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region till 23.11.2020 midnight subject to the terms and conditions mentioned in the State Government. Conditions are the following.
- The practising lawyers and registered clerks can use the suburban services on all working days only during non-peak hours. i.e
- Up to 08.00 am in the morning
- Between 11.00 am and 04.00 pm
- On and from 07.00 pm till the last local train of the day.
- The facility made available cannot be availed for undertaking travel during peak hours on any ground whatsoever and/or for any reason whatever.
- Monthly passes will not be issued.
- For each journey, a separate one-way ticket will have to be bought/purchased.
- The train ticket as aforesaid will be sold only upon production of a valid identity card issued by the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa in the case of the lawyers and by the Bombay Hight Court registry in the case of registered clerks.
- The ticket for one-way travel so purchased is non-transferable and cannot be used by anybody else than the person to whom it is sold i.e the lawyer or the registered clerk as the case may be.
- The ticket for one-way travel so purchased is non-transferable and cannot be used by anybody else than the person to whom it is sold I.e the lawyer or the registered clerk as the case may be.
- The facility made available can be availed only when such travel is necessary or the professional work/reason and not for any private or non-professional purpose.
- Every lawyer and/or registered clerk will have to wear a badge, provided by the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa, at a prominent place on his dress/clothes, whereby it becomes easy to identify the traveller.
- All the travellers availing the facility made available shall strictly comply with the guidelines issued by the State Government from time to time applicable to such travellings, such as the compulsory, continuous and proper wearing of face cover, maintaining social distancing all the time and frequent use of hand sanitiser etc.
- Anybody who violates any of the terms and conditions subject to which the facility is made available will be liable for a strict disciplinary action at the hands of Hon’ble Bombay Hight Court and/or the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa.
Permission for Private Guards in Mumbai Suburban Locals ~ 23.10.2020
Western Railway announced that Permission has been granted to Private Guards travelling with a uniform in suburban locals. They are requested to obtain QR code from State Govt of Maharashtra at the earliest. Until such time, uniform with valid identity cards are the authority for entry at the stations
Permission for All Ladies to Travel in Local Trains ~ 21.10.2020
Indian Railways announced that IR allowed all women commuters to travel in suburban Mumbai local trains during non-peak hours from Wednesday (October 21, 2020) as per the request of Maharashtra government.
Timing : All Ladies – between 11 am and 03 pm and after 07 pm.
Making the announcement, Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said all women would be allowed to travel in the local trains from Wednesday between 11 AM to 3 PM and, after 7 PM till the last train. “We were always ready and with the receipt of the letter from the Maharashtra government on Tuesday, we have allowed the travel,” Goyal said in a tweet.
Additional 28 services to the existing 453 services by CR ~ 15.10.2020
Central Railway announced that in order to maintain social distancing and avoid crowding, CR has taken the decision to increase the number of daily special suburban services from 453 to 481 from 15th October 2020. The time table is being prepared for additional 219 suburban services to make it to 700 suburban services shortly. Following are the Revised Suburban Train Time Table from 15.10.2020.
Time table can be accessed in this link:- ✅ CR – Revised Suburban Time Table ~ 15.10.2020
Mumbai: 194 Additional Suburban Services by Western Railway ~ 15.10.2020
Western Railway announced that to ensure social distancing and prevent overcrowding, special services will be increased from 506 to 700 per day by adding 194 additional services including 10 AC services from 15.10.2020 on WR’s Mumbai Suburban section.
Out of the increased 194 services, 49 services during morning peak hours and 49 services during evening peak hours have been increased. The increased 194 services also include 10 AC services (2 Slow services-1 in DOWN direction between Mahalaxmi – Borivali and 1 in UP direction between Borivali – Churchgate and 8 Fast services – 4 in DOWN direction between Churchgate – Virar and 4 in UP direction between Virar – Churchgate).
Out of the total 194 increased services, 51 services have been increased in Churchgate – Virar sector, 96 services increased in Borivali – Churchgate sector, 9 services increased in Bhayandar – Virar sector, 12 services increased in Nalasopara – Churchgate sector, 9 services increased in Churchgate – Bhayandar sector, 2 services in Vasai Road – Churchgate sector, 8 services in Bandra – Borivali sector and 8 services in Churchgate – Bandra sector.
The break-up of these services are following.
|SERVICES BETWEEN||EXISTING 506 SERVICES||PROPOSED 700 SERVICES|
|VR – CCG||116||121||237||148||140||288||+51|
CR Run Additional 22 Suburban Special Services ~10.10.2020
Additional 22 services to the existing 431 services. Additional 22 services break up: 18 specials on main line and 04 specials on Harbour line
Central Railway currently operates 431 special suburban services for staff as notified by Government of Maharashtra. In order to maintain social distancing and avoid crowding, Central Railway has taken the decision to increase the number of daily special suburban services from 431 to 453 from 10th October, 2020. There is no change in the schedule of existing 431 special suburban services.
The additional 22 Services will have stoppages at stations as indicated below:
- CSMT-Kasara specials will halt at all stations except Thansit and Umbermali.
- CSMT-Karjat specials will halt at all stations except Shelu.
- CSMT-Panvel specials will halt at all stations except Reay Road, Cotton Green, King’s Circle, Chunabhatti and Manasarovar stations.
CR Run 4 special suburban services in Pune-Lonavala ~ 12.10.2020
Central Railway Pune Division will run 4 special suburban services on Pune-Lonavala section from 12.10.2020 for emergency duty staff of Government of Maharashtra and Private Health Sector. The timings of the services are as under:
- Special local dep Pune 08.05 hrs arr Lonavala 09.30 hrs (stoppage, timings same as 99810 local service)
- Special local dep Lonavala 17.30 hrs arr Pune 19.00 hrs (stoppage, timings same as 99819 local service except Pune arr 1900 hrs instead of 18.50 hrs)
- Special local dep Lonavala 08.20 hrs arr Pune 09.45 hrs (stoppage, timings same as 99807 local service)
- Special local dep Pune 18.02 hrs arr Lonavala 19.27 hrs(stoppage, timings same as 99826 local service)
CR to operate 431 Suburban Trains ~ 01.10.2020
Additional 8 services:4 specials on mainline including 2 Ladies specials and 4 specials on Trans-harbour line.
Central Railway announced that Railway currently operates 423 special suburban services for essential services staff as notified by Government of Maharashtra. In order to maintain social distancing and avoid crowding, Central Railway has taken the decision to introduce ladies’ specials and increase the number of daily special suburban services from 423 to 431 from 1st October 2020.
Break up of additional 8 services
- 4 services (2 Dn & 2 Up) from/to Kalyan
- 01 Up ladies special will leave Kalyan at 08.25 hrs and arrive CSMT at 09.34 hrs
- 01 Dn ladies special will leave CSMT at 17.35 hrs and arrive Kalyan at 18.44 hrs.
- Dn special will leave CSMT at 09.45 hrs and arrive Kalyan at 10.50 hrs
- Up special will leave Kalyan at 16.10 hrs and arrive CSMT at 17.16 hrs.
- (These specials will run as fast and halt at Byculla, Dadar, Kurla, Ghatkopar, Mulund, Thane, Diva and Dombivali only).
- 4 services (2 Dn & 2 Up) from/to Thane<->Panvel
- Panvel special dep Thane 09.00 hrs Panvel arr 09.52 hrs
- Panvel special dep Thane 18.30 hrs Panvel arr 19.24 hrs
- Thane special dep Panvel 07.55 hrs Thane arr 08.50 hrs
- Thane special dep Panvel 17.20 hrs Thane arr 18.15 hrs
- (These specials will run as fast and halt at Rabale, Koparkhairane, Turbhe, Juinagar, Nerul and Belapur only)
504 Special Suburban Services and 02 Ladies Special Trains by Western Railway ~ 28.09.2020
Western Railway announced that Railway will operate 506 special suburban services over Mumbai Suburban section including 2 Ladies Specials w.e.f 28th September 2020. Details are attached.
Mumbai: Railway will Run more Suburban Trains ~ 24.09.2020
CR operates 423 suburban trains from 24.9.2020. Additional 68 services to the existing 355 services.
Central Railway announced that currently operates 355 special suburban services for essential services staff as notified by Government of Maharashtra. In order to maintain social distancing and avoid crowding, Central Railway has taken the decision to increase the number of daily special suburban services from 355 to 423 from 24th September 2020.
Break up of additional 68 services (Mainline 46 services and HB line 22 services).
- 9 services (5 Dn & 4 Up) from/to Kasara
- 6 services (3 Dn & 3 Up) from/to Kasara-Kalyan
- 9 services (4 Dn & 5 Up) from/to Karjat
- 2 services (1 Dn & 1 Up) from/to Thane-Karjat
- 2 services (1 Dn & 1 Up) from/to Kalyan-Karjat
- 3 services (2 Dn & 1 Up) from/to Ambernath
- 5 services (2 Dn & 3 Up) from/to Kalyan
- 4 services (2 Dn & 2 Up) from/to Thane
- 6 services (3 Dn & 3 Up) from/to Kurla
- 14 services (8 Dn & 6 Up) from/to Panvel
- 8 services (3 Dn & 5 Up) from/to Vashi
The breakup of total 423 services (Mainline 329, HB line 92, THB line 02)
- 72 services (37 Dn & 35 Up) from/to Thane
- 24 services (11 Dn & 13 Up) from/to Dombivali
- 14 services (7 Dn & 7 Up) from /to Kurla
- 82 services (41 Dn & 41 Up) from/to Kalyan
- 20 services (10 Dn & 10 Up) from/to Titwala
- 41 services (21 Dn & 20 Up) from/to Kasara
- 45 services (22 Dn & 23 Up) from/to Karjat
- 24 services (12 Dn & 12 Up) from/to Badlapur
- 7 services (4 Dn & 3 Up) from/to Ambernath
- 84 services (43 Dn& 41 Up) from/to Panvel
- 8 services (3 Dn & 5 Up) from/to Vashi
- 2 services (1 Dn & 1 Up) from/to Vashi on Transharbour line
Central Railway on the request of Government of Maharashtra, had commenced the selected services of special suburban trains from 15th June, 2020 on the Mumbai suburban section. The services were gradually increased for the convenience of passengers and to avoid crowding and maintain social distancing.
Western Railway announced that the number of daily special Mumbai suburban services will be increased from 350 to 500 on Western Railway from 21/9/2020 to maintain social distancing and avoid crowding. The essential staff as notified by State Govt to travel in local trains is requested to follow social distancing and wear a mask during travel
Private and cooperative bank employees permitted to travel in local trains in Mumbai
Indian Railway announced on 19.09.2020 that on the request of State Government, permission has been granted by Ministry of Railways, Government of India to personnel of all Cooperative and Private banks to the extent of 10% of the total staff strength as approved by State Government of Maharashtra, for travel by special suburban services over Mumbai Suburban network.
The selected 10% of staff are requested to obtain QR code from the State Government of Maharashtra at the earliest. Until such time, valid identity cards are an authority for entry at the stations. Additional booking counters will be opened at important railway stations for the passengers.
Updated : 05.09.2020
Special Trains List 2020: Indian Railway ~ Updated
Mumbai: Supporting Students Appearing For NEET & JEE Exams 2020
Central Railway and Western Railway announced that with reference to the permission received from Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, candidates who are appearing for Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) and National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), being conducted in September 2020, are permitted to travel by special suburban services over Mumbai Suburban network of Central and Western Railways.
The Admit Card of candidates appearing for JEE and NEET will be considered as authority to enter suburban stations with companions (parents/guardians) on exam days. Station and Security officials at stations have been instructed suitably to allow the students to on the exam days. Additional booking counters will be opened at important railway stations for the convenience of them.
- Others are requested not to rush to the stations.
- It is also requested that travellers follow medical and social protocols as mandated for COVID19.
- The public is requested not to believe on any rumour and updates as and when required, will be posted by the undersigned.
Mumbai Suburban Special Trains for JEE Candidates: WR & CR
Western Railway announced that WR will run 46 additional special suburban services in Mumbai from 1st September to 6th September 2020 for the convenience of JEE candidates. These services will be in addition to existing 350 special suburban services.
Special MEMU / DEMU Trains for JEE Main Exams
In view of exams for JEE, NEET, NDA, CIVIL SERVICES & NA, partial MEMU & DEMU passenger services restored from 02.09.2020 to help the examinees reach their examination centres. Norms of social distancing & mask, etc to be strictly followed.
Updated : 11.08.2020
✅ Suspension of Regular Passenger Train Services Updates ~ 11.08.2020
Information about ongoing suspension of Passenger Train Services. As decided and informed earlier on as well, regular passenger and suburban train services will continue to remain suspended till further notice
Indian Railway announced on 11.08.2020 that :-
This is to brought to the notice of all concerned that, as decided and informed earlier on as well, regular passenger and suburban train services will continue to remain suspended till further notice. It may be noted that 230 Special Trains, which are running at present, will continue to operate. Local trains in Mumbai, which are presently being run on limited basis only on the requisition of state government, will also continue to run. The occupancy of special trains is being monitored on regular basis. Additional special trains may be run based on the requirement. However, all other regular trains and suburban trains run before lockdown, will remain suspended for the time being.
Updated : 13.07.2020
Two New Local Train Services on Trans – Harbour Line by CR ~ 13.07.2020
Central Railway introduced two New local train services on Trans-Harbour Line between Thane and Vashi for essential service workers in the city starting Monday.
- The first trains will leave from Thane at 07.30 am and arrive at Vashi at 08.00 am.
- The second train will leave from Vashi at 04.30 pm and arrive at Thane at 05.00 pm.
These specials will halt at Rabale, Koparkhairane, Turbhe and Sanpada stations.
Central Railway is currently operating 352 Local train services on it’s Main, Harbour and Trans-Harbour lines. While Western Railway is operating 202 Local services for essential Services Workers.
350 LOCAL TRAINS IN MUMBAI ~ 01.07.2020
As identified by State govt., essential staff including employees of Centre, IT, GST, Customs, Postal, Nationalised Banks, MBPT, Judiciary, Defence & Raj Bhavan allowed. No services yet for general passengers.Railways to expand to 350 local trains in Mumbai from tomorrow.
Central Railway and Western Railway have resumed their Selected suburban services over CR (Main Line and Harbour Line) and WR respective for essential staff as identified by the State Government only with effect from 15.06.2020.
On Mumbai Division, CR ~ From 01.07.2020 total 350 Services
- Presently, total 200 services (100 DN and 100 UP) are being run, out of which 130 services are running between CSMT and Kasara/Karjat/Kalyan/Dombivali/Thane on Main line and 70 services are running between CSMT and Panvel on Harbour Line.
- 150 more services will be added to the existing services making the total to 350 services w.e.f 01.07.2020. The number of services may be modified as per the requirement to ensure social distancing norms.
- These trains will halt at major stations only as that of fast locals. In the Harbour Line also, the trains will halt at major stations only.
On Mumbai Central Division, WR ~ From 01.07.2020 total 350 Services
- With effect from 29.06.2020, WR has added 40 additional suburban services to the existing 162 services currently plying on WR’s Mumbai Suburban Section. Therefore, presently total 202 services are running on WR’s Suburban section.
- In addition to these services, 148 more suburban services will be added w.e.f 01.07.2020. Therefor , total 350 suburban services will be operated on WR’s Mumbai Suburban section w.e.f 01.07.2020.
- The number of services may be modified as per the requirement to ensure social distancing norms.
- These trains will halt at major stations only.
In addition to the essential staff already permitted to travel by selected suburban services, the category instructed by MHA I.e defence personnel and employee of Central Government, Income Tax, GST and Customer and Department of Posts, vide their letter dated 27.06.2020 and employee of Nationalised Banks, Mumbai Port Trust, Judiciary and Raj Bhavan will be permitted to travel in these select suburban services w.e.f 01.07.2020.
- Entry will be given at stations through ID cards of essential staff, as identified by the State Government Later on, the staff will be issued QR based E-passes which will also bear colour coding to enable swifter ticket checking. State Government will ensure issuing these passes.
- The state Government has been urged to ensure all those allowed to travel, are allowed only after ensuring that they are medically fit and do not come from a containment zone.
- To ensure adequate social distancing in the coaches, unlike its seating capacity to accommodate about 1,200 persons, only about 700 are to be allowed per train.
Note: These selected suburban services will not be for general passengers/Public and will be strictly for essential staff, as identified by the State Government of Maharashtra only.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES BY WR ~ 29.06.2020
Western Railway announced that with effect from 29.06.2020, WR will add 40 additional suburban services to the existing 162 services currently plying on WR’s Mumbai Suburban section. Therefore, now total 202 services will be running on WR’s suburban section.
Break up of the 40 additional services
- Twenty slow services between Churchgate – Borivali ( 10 in UP direction+ 10 in down direction.
- Two slow services between Borivali- Vasai Road in down direction.
- Break up of the 40 additional services
- Two fast services from Vasai Road – Churchgate in UP direction.
- Two slow services in UP direction between Virar – Borivali .
- 14 fast services between Churchgate- Virar ( 8 in Down direction and 6 in UP direction).
✅ MUMBAI – SUBURBAN TRAINS STARTED ~ 15.06.2020
Central Railway and Western Railway announced that CR and WR have decided to run selective suburban services w.e.f 15.6.2020 over Main line and Harbour line ONLY for ESSENTIAL STAFF AS IDENTIFIED BY THE STATE GOVERNMENT.
Western Railway has resumed 162 suburban services and Central Railway has resumed 200 trains with defined protocol & SOP, only for movement of essential Govt staff as identified by the State Government. Only essential services workers with proper ID Cards will be allowed to travel in these trains.
WR will run 73 pairs of its 12 car suburban between Churchgate and Dahanu Road including 8 pairs between Virar and Dahanu Road w.e.f. Monday, 15th June, 2020 with defined protocol and SOP, only for movement of essential staff as identified by the State Government. These trains will run from 5.30 am to 11.30 pm with interval of approx. 15 minutes. Maximum services will run between Churchgate & Virar, but few will also run upto Dahanu Road. These services will run as fast local train over WR, between CCG & Borivali & will run as slow beyond Borivali.
Central Railway has resumed 200 trains with defined protocol & SOP, only for movement of essential Govt staff
Rules and Conditions
These special suburban services will not be for general passengers/public and will be strictly for essential staff as identified by the State Government of Maharashtra only.
Travelling authority will be applicable as per normal procedure over WR and CR and certain booking windows will be opened for the same, on which respective staff will be facilitated on showing their Govt ID cards. It has been decided to extend the validity of the season ticket to the extent of days lost. The same shall be permitted at the UTS counters at the stations to those permitted by the State Government. ✅ UTS counters may also issue fresh tickets/season tickets to persons permitted by State Government of Maharastra.
- The Railway workman special trains, already running will continue to run.
- ✅ RPF/GRP/State Police will be deployed at various stations.
- Entry will be given at stations strictly through ✅ ID cards of essential staff as identified by the State Government issued by Municipal Corporation, Mumbai Police, BEST, Mantralaya or any Government or private hospitals. Later on, the staff will be issued ✅ QR based E-passes which will also bear colour coding to enable swifter ticket checking. State Government will ensure the same.
- Railways as well as the state government will ensure multiple rounds of checking to ensure only essential staff as identified by the State Government, should board these trains.
- The state government has been urged to ensure all those allowed to travel, are done so after ensuring that they are ✅ medically fit and do not come from containment zone.
- To allow adequate social distancing in the coaches, unlike its seating capacity to accommodate about 1,200 person, only about ✅ 700 are to be allowed per train.
- Further the state government is advised to stagger the timings of its office for worker coming from different areas to ensure is ✅ no crowing at the stations and inside the trains.
- Strict imposition of ✅ “NO HAWKER & NO PARKING ZONE” in station circulating area at 150 meters radius. Approach roads to stations shall be ensured to enable smooth passing of identified passengers and prevent any mass gathering of public at station premises by respective Municipal Corporations in their respective areas.
- ✅ Ambulance will be kept at each station along with the medical staff to deal with the emergency situation arises during the travel of commuters by respective Municipal Corporations.
- APPEAL :- Only the essential staff as identified by the State Government will be permitted to travel by these selected suburban services. Others are requested not to rush to the stations.
- It is also requested that travellers ✅ follow medical and social protocols as mandated for COVID 19.
The Essential Category includes
- Medical staff , including those working in private and Government Hospitals
- Police Personnel
- Mantralaya Workers
- Municipal Corporation Workers
MUMBAI – DAILY SPECIAL TRAINS ~ 01.06.2020
Updated : 01.06.2020
Central Railway Mumbai Division will run following daily special train w.e.f. 01.06.2020.
COVID 19 : LOCAL TRAINS START FOR ESSENTIAL RAILWAY STAFF
The Central Railway on Tuesday (26.05.2020) started Local Trains only for Railway workers engaged in essential services, a famous Newspaper reported. . These trains :-
- CSMT – Panvel
- CSMT -Karjat
- CSMT – Kasara
Will make a total of eight trips (both up and down) every day.
The Tuesday’s coal was the first one since the lockdown was enforced on March 23. Meanwhile, the Railway authorities have directed people to not rush towards auburn stations when they see the trains functioning. A separated announcement will be made by the state government about local trains fro citizens.
Central Railway and Western Railway take many steps to prevent the spread of COVID 19. Details are under.
Provision of Packed Items only on Payment Basis in Special Trains From 1.6.2020
Central Railway announced that as decided by Ministry of Railways, Central Railway will run Special trains with effect from 1.6.2020. These specials will run in addition to Special AC trains being run from 12th May 2020.
Passengers are requested to bring their own food and water, however provision of only packed items, Ready to Eat Meals (RTE), Packaged Drinking Water, and Tea/Coffee/Beverages on payment basis will be made available in these trains either through pantry cars or train side vending / Catering stalls run by IRCTC / Railways on platforms.
- Ministry of Railway Guidelines in Details ~ 31.05.2020
COVID 19 CR & WR ARRANGEMENTS
DORMITORIES CLOSED BY RAILWAY
Central Railway announced that In order to restrict spread of COVID-19, dormitories at CSMT and LTT station have been closed untill further notice. All are requested to kindly co-operate.
COVID 19 : PLATFORM TICKET INCREASED AS PREVENTIVE MEASURE
Central Railway announced that CR on its Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Bhusaval and Solapur divisions increased the platform ticket from ₹10/- to ₹50/- till further advice as preventive measure against Covid 19.
Western Railway decided to increase the rate of platform tickets with a view to restrict & discourage the number of passengers in railway premises including platform and FOBs as measure to mitigate the Pandemic Corona virus infection.
The ticket rate has been increased from ₹.10/- to ₹.50 /- at 26 stations of W. Rly’s Mumbai Division with effect from 17/03/2020. These stations are Surat, Bandra (T), Borivali, Udhna, Mumbai Central, Vapi, Dadar, Valsad, Navsari, Andheri, Vasai Road, Boisar, Nandurbar, Bilimora, Amalner, Virar, Palghar, Bandra, Bhayandar, Dahanu Road, Goregaon, Nalasopara, Vyara, Dondaicha, Churchgate and Malad.
There will be no change in the rate of platform tickets of rest of the stations. Similarly, the other divisions of W. Rly have also increased the platform ticket rates at select stations from ₹.10/- to ₹.50 /- as a precautionary measure for crowd management.
- Mumbai Mega Block details
- Train Cancellation details
- Rescheduled and Diverted Train details
- Major Train Blocks
NEW STOP MARKS
NEW STOP MARKS FOR 12-CAR and 15-CAR EMU TRAINS
Western Railway announced that has decided to provide new common stop marks at certain platforms for 12-car and 15-car EMU trains at Nalasopara, Andheri and Dadar stations with effect from 19th November, 2019. Due to this there will be a shift in the location of the halt of 12-car EMU services which are as under:
|S. No.||Station||Line/Platform No.||Changes|
|1.||Nalasopara||UP Slow Line on Platform No. 2||Existing 12-car EMU train stop mark will be shifted 66 mts. towards south from existing location.|
|2.||Andheri||UP Fast Line on Platform No. 7||Existing 12-car EMU train stop mark will be shifted 10 mts. towards south from existing location.Existing 15-car EMU train stop mark will be shifted 52 mts. towards north from existing location.|
|3.||Dadar||DOWN Fast Line on Platform No. 3||Existing 12-car EMU train stop mark will be shifted 66 mts. towards north from existing location.|
Passengers may kindly take note of the changes in existing stop marks for 12 and 15-car EMU trains at Nalasopara, Andheri and Dadar stations to avoid any inconvenience.
FIVE MINUTES FOR TICKETS
OPERATION FIVE MINUTES FOR TICKETS IN WESTERN RAILWAY
Western Railway has launched the campaign “Operation Five Minutes” for the convenience of travelers purchasing ticket from unreserved ticket counters. Under this campaign, attempt have been made to reduce the time taken for purchasing tickets from the ticket counter and provide tickets to the passengers in five minutes.
According to the press release by WR, they are taking all possible efforts to provide tickets to the passengers in five minutes and appropriate awareness campaigns are being conducted across all the six divisions of WR. Posters about the same were installed at prominent areas near the booking office ticket counters informing the passengers about the efforts to issue ticket in five minutes.
They have also requested the passengers to give their feedback and suggestions by dialling the phone number given on the posters. To ease the ticketing procedure WR also encourage the passengers to go digital and to use the UTS App as well as the use of smart cards for purchasing tickets through ATVM Machine.
INTRODUCTION OF ADDITIONAL 15-CAR SERVICES BY CENTRAL RAILWAY
Central Railway introduced Second 15-car rake into service on 3.3.2019 and following services will run with 15-car rake with effect from 4.3.2019
Additional 15-car services with effect from 4.3.2019
- Train no.95804 (DL-56) Dombivali depart 06.14 hrs and CSMT arrive 07.11 hrs and will halt at Thane, Bhandup, Ghatkopar, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla
- Train no.95803 (DL-53) CSMT depart 11.37 hrs and Dombivali arrive 12.29 hrs and will halt at Byculla, Dadar, Kurla, Ghatkopar, Thane.
- Both the services will not run on Saturdays/Sundays/Holidays
Conversion of existing 12-car services into 15-car services with revised halts with effect from 4.3.2019
- Train no.95703 (K-11) CSMT depart 07.25 hrs Kalyan arrive 08.25 hrs and will halt at Byculla, Dadar, Kurla, Ghatkopar, Bhandup, Thane, Dombivali
- Train no.95907 (T-41) CSMT depart 09.48 hrs Thane arrive 10.30 hrs and will halt at Dadar, Kurla, Ghatkopar, Mulund
- Train no.95712 (K-28) Kalyan depart 08.34 hrs CSMT arrive 09.35 hrs and will halt at Dombivali, Thane, Mulund, Ghatkopar, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla
- Train no.95912 (T-72) Thane depart 10.49 hrs CSMT arrive 11.33 hrs and will halt at Mulund, Ghatkopar, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla.
Change in halts of fast services with effect from 4.3.2019
- Train no. 95204 (BL-10) Badlapur depart 08.11 hrs CSMT arrive 09.32 hrs will halt at Kalyan, Dombivali, Thane, Mulund, Vikhroli, Ghatkopar, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla.
- Train no.95406 (N-10) Kasara depart 07.22 hrs CSMT arrive 09.38 hrs will halt at Kalyan, Dombivali, Diva, Thane, Mulund, Vikhroli, Kurla, Dadar, Byculla.
- 15-car services on mainline (Monday to Friday) 22 daily, Saturday-16 and Sunday-nil
- Total services on mainline Monday to Friday will increase from 856 to 858 daily and overall services will increase from 1772 to 1774 daily.
- Saturday it will remain 856 and overall services will remain 1772.
- Sundays/Holidays it will remain 646 and overall services will remain 1424.
CENTRAL LINE EXTENSION
MUMBAI : NEW SUBURBAN LOCAL TRAINS FROM GHATKOPAR
The Central Railway has increased services from and towards Ghatkopar from four to six. The two additional services have been added as the Central Railway has decided to extend a Kurla bound local train till Ghatkopar.
From Monday, the 09.57 am local from CSMT Mumbai will reach Ghatkopar at 10.31. The 10.35 am local from Ghatkopar will reach CSMT at 11.12 am.
New Ghatkopar local (G-6) flagged off at 10.35 hrs from Ghatkopar.
- G-5 local CSMT depart 09.57 hrs Ghatkopar arrive 10.31 hrs
- G-6 local Ghatkopar depart 10.35 hrs CSMT arrive 11.12 hrs
EXTENSION OF KURLA LOCAL UP TO AND FROM GHATKOPAR
Central Railway announced that Railway has decided to extend Local 97615 (C-15) and 97618 (C-18) Kurla Local upto Ghatkopar with new number 97505 (G 5) and 97506 (G 6) with effect from 31.12.2018 as under.
- G-5 Ghatkopar local will leave CSMT at 09.57 hrs and will reach Ghatkopar at 10.31 hrs
- G-6 CSMT local will leave Ghatkopar at 10.35 hrs and will reach CSMT at 11.12 hrs
G-5 and G-6 CSMT–Ghatkopar locals will not run on Sundays/ Holidays.
Due to this the timings of following locals will be as under:-
- TL-15 Titwala local will leave CSMT at 09.53 hrs (existing 09.57 hrs) and reach Kalyan at 11.24 hrs and no change between Kalyan- Tilwala section.
- K-35 Kalyan local will leave CSMT at 10.02 hrs and will reach Kalyan at 11.32 hrs
- T 45 Thane local will leave CSMT at 10.06 hrs and will reach Thane at 11.04 hrs
- T 47 Thane local will leave CSMT at 10.10 hrs and will reach Thane at 11.08 hrs
- K 37 Kalyan local will leave CSMT at 10.14 hrs and will reach Kalyan at 11.45 hrs
Total services on main line will be 856 daily as at present. Total Ghatkopar services will increase from 4 to 6 daily.
HARBOUR LINE EXTENSION
ANDHERI – GOREGAON : HARBOUR LINE EXTENSION
Indian Railway announced that Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis together will inaugurate newly extended Harbour line section between Andheri and Goregaon today i.e on 29.03.2018 at 07.15 pm.
The extension of harbour line from Andheri to Goregaon is a project worth Rs 103 crore and is part of the Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP)-2. “From April 1, we will operate 49 services on harbour line till Goregaon,” said Mukul Jain, divisional railway manager (Mumbai), Western Railway (WR).
Extension of Harbour lines from Andheri to Goregaon will provide seamless connectivity from CSMT to Goregaon. It is expected that over 13000 Harbour line commuters will be specially benefitted along with others. Till now, Harbour line, a direct connect to CSMT on Central Railway, had been available up to Andheri on Western Railway.
Today Railway will introduce 49 suburban services on this section along with host of amenities for the convenience of commuters.
Of these, 7 services will operate on Churchgate-Goregaon stretch and 42 services on CSMT-Goregaon route. This line is likely to cater more than 13,000 commuters everyday between Malad and Andheri stations. The trains will halt at the newly constructed Jogeshwari and Ram Mandir stations before terminating at Goregaon.
Andheri – Goregaon : Harbour Line Section extension
- Regular Harbour line services to start from April 1st, 2018.
- First service from Goregaon at 09.42 am.
- Last service from CSMT at 07.37 pm.
- 42 Harbour line services between CSMT and Goregaon
- 1 lakh commuters from Goregaon, Ram Mandir, Jogeshwari to benefit.
- 7 Western Railway services between Churchgate and Goregaon.
The Minster will also inaugurate various passenger amenities such as :-
- Escalators at CSMT, Dockyard Road, Thane and Lonavala stations.
- Lifts at Borivali and Dadar
- New elevated booking officed at Andheri
- Foot over bridges at Chunabhatti and an extended FOB at Virar.
- Additional services on Neral – Matheran section
- Sloar Panels at Ram Mandir and Santacruz Stations
- LED Lights at all stations of Western Railway and Central Railway
RENUMBERING OF PLATFORMS
WESTERN RAILWAY : RENUMBERING OF PLATFORMS
Western Railway announced that for the convenience of passengers and to bring about uniformity, the platform numbers of GOREGAON, RAM MANDIR and JOGESHWARI stations will be changed w.e.f midnight of 25 /26 February, 2018. The new platform nos. from West to East will be as under:-
|Existing PF No. from West to East||New PF No w.e.f midnight of 25/26-02/2018||Line|
The newly laid harbour platforms at Jogeshwari and Ram Mandir stations to be numbered as under.
- Jogeshwari – DN Harbour – PF NO.5
- – UP Harbour – PF NO.6
- Ram Mandir – DN Harbour – PF NO.1
- – UP Harbour – PF No.2