Mumbai Local Train Season Tickets
Now passengers can book Mumbai Local Train Season Ticket through UTS Mobile App. Earlier Mumbai Local train passengers can book their season ticket through www.services.irctc.co.in. But now IRCTC removed this facility and upgraded the facility.
Indian Railway announced through the website that Booking of Mumbai Suburban Season Ticket (MSST) through IRCTC website is discontinued w.e.f 01.03.2018. The MSST ticket can now be booked through UTS Mobile App. The Mobile App UTS can be downloaded from Google play.
Railway announced that it has been decided to extend the validity of the season ticket to the extent of days lost. The same shall be permitted at the UTS counters at the stations to those permitted by the State Government. ✅ UTS counters may also issue fresh tickets/season tickets to persons permitted by State Government of Maharastra.
Download the UTS Mobile app from here : – UTS Mobile App
Season Ticket Passengers Travel Allowed on Long Distance Trains
Central railways announced that 3 Long Distance Trains now allowed to travel Mumbai Local Trains Season Ticket passengers. This facility is announced on an experimental basis for the next 3 months. Following are trains list
- Train No. 17412 Mahalaxmi Express
- Train No. 17058 Devgiri Express
- Train No. 22108 Latur- Mumbai Superfast Express
All these trains 2nd class unreserved coaches during day time between Kalyan and Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in Up direction only allowed.
What are the restrictions?
Monthly season ticket holders of Kalyan and Thane station are allowed to travel in sleeper class coaches of these 3 trains only can travel as per following conditions
Payment of differential fare as under
- Second class season ticket holders of Kalyan and Thane have to pay Rs. 30/- per trip from Kalyan to CST and Thane to CST. Super fast charges will be levied separately wherever applicable.
- First class season ticket holders have to pay Rs. 20/- per trip from Kalyan to CST and Rs 10/- per trip from Thane to CST
Special Numbered Coupons
To facilitate the commuters for payment of differential fare a special numbered coupons will be got printed in the booklets of 10 to 25 coupons. The sale of a number of coupons restricted to a maximum of 3000 per month for journey commencing from Kalyan and another 3000 per month for journey commencing from Thane. The sale of coupons will be issued on priority basis i.e. for ladies, Senior Citizens and others as under-
- From 20th to 23rd of previous month to Ladies only. (In January on 26th, 27th and 28th)
- From 24th to 26th of previous month for left over coupons to only senior citizens above 70 years of age (In January on 29th and 30th)
- After 27th of previous month for general public for left over coupons.
The coupons will be printed along with other relevant information
- Date of Journey ….,
- Valid for the Month of February 2016 only (similarly for March 2016 and April 2016 and so on)
- Valid with MST No. ……… only.
Coupons Required to be Validated Before Travel Starting
- Commuter found without coupons duly validated along with season ticket in the above trains will be treated as without ticket and charged with prescribed penalty charges plus unreserved second Mail/Express fare.
Stickers will be pasted in the sleeper class coaches of above mentioned trains for the information of reserved passengers about the travel facility provided to MST holders from Kalyan and Thane.
No inconvenience is caused to reserved passengers
- MST holders are to be ensured that no inconvenience is caused to reserved passengers to avoid complaints.
- MST holders are advised to board in all sleeper class coaches equally or use vestibules and occupy lower berth at only 4 passengers per seat (with reserved passengers).
No refund / return will be entertained by Railways once coupons ( Differential fare tickets) have been sold.