MUMBAI AC LOCAL TRAIN
Indian Railway on 25.12.2017 announced India’s First Ever Broad Gauge Air-conditioned AC EMU (Mumbai AC Local Train) of 12-car rake fitted with Indigenous 3-phase Propulsion system on Western Railway’s Mumbai Suburban (Local Trains) section. The details of the above trains is announced by Railway through a press release. Following are the details regarding fare, features, timings of new AC EMU.
MUMBAI AC LOCAL TRAIN ON WEEKENDS
Western Railway has decided to run the AC local train services on weekends starting from 14th September. Looking at the great potential for the AC local and in view of public demand, WR has decided to run the AC local train services now on weekends too w.e.f 14 September 2019. The first Air Conditioned suburban train of India had made its maiden run on 25 December 2017. Further details are following.
AC Mumbai Local Train on Weekends (Earlier News)
You will soon be able to take the air-conditioned (AC) suburban trains on weekends as well as the Western Railway (WR) is planning to introduce the service on Saturdays and Sundays after the monsoon is over, a famous online newspaper reported.
The zonal railway will be sending the first AC local train for its scheduled periodic overhaul (POH) maintenance — which inspects the overall condition of a train, including its safety — and will be replacing it with the second train that arrived in the city last week. After the POH maintenance, the train will then be put back on the track.
“After the first train finishes its POH, there will be no need to extensively conduct maintenance for two days every week. This will allow us to operate the AC local train on Saturdays and Sundays too,” said a senior WR official.
The Railways is also contemplating operating the second AC local train simultaneously along with the first one. “The decision on the introduction of the second AC local train has not yet been taken. This is because we will have to replace it with a regular train service as the railway lines are heavily stressed with the number of local trains,” said the WR official. Currently, the second AC train is undergoing trials and software inspections at the WR’s Mahalaxmi car shed. It is supposed to be back in August.
WR is also undertaking trials of the first prototype AC local train, which has its electrical machinery in the under-slung. After the trails are successful, the prototype train will undergo trials on the ghat section of the Central Railway, post which, it is likely to be pushed into service.
MUMBAI AC LOCAL TRAIN FARE
Ministry of Railways has now decided to withdraw the introductory offer of Air-conditioned EMU train. Due to this decision, the base fare of single journey shall now be 1.3 times of the base fare of existing single journey tickets of First Class tickets w.e.f 1st June 2019.
According to a press release issued by Western Railway, the Mumbai AC local train services have become very popular among Mumbaikars. It is worth mentioning that on the occasion of commencement of AC EMU train with effect from 25th December, 2017, it was decided that for the first six months as an introductory offer, the fare of AC EMU train will be 1.2 times of base fare of First Class and after that it will be charged as 1.3 times.
Fare Structure for AC local train
- Base fare of single journey shall be 1.3 times of the base fare of existing single journey tickets of First Class tickets.
- Accordingly, for issue of season tickets revised base fare for AC EMU shall be charged.
- Other applicable supplementary charges like MUTP , GST as applicable shall be levied separately.
- No difference of fare shall be collected on season tickets of AC EMU already issued.
- However, in case of upgradation of first class single journey tickets/ season tickets into AC EMU single journey tickets/season tickets, difference of fare shall be collected as per revised base fare.
- Season tickets :- Weekly, Fortnightly and monthly season tickets shall be charged equivalent to 5, 7.5 and 10 single journey of AC EMU respectively. No other type of season tickets shall be issued for the time being.
- AC EMU ticket holder shall also be allowed to travel by first class compartments of local trains.
AC EMU local train Fare Chart
Air Conditioned EMU local old and new train fare chart are following
The fare structure of AC EMU service shall be as under
AC Local Train Fare Chart – New
AC EMU SINGLE JOURNEY FARE Ex CCG (DISCOUNTED 1.2)*
|STN CODE||STN NAME||DISTANCE (Km)||SINGLE||WEEKLY||FORTNIGHT||MONTHLY|
|NSP||Nalla - Sopara||56||220||1150||1680||2205|
AC Local Train Fare Chart – Old
AC EMU SINGLE JOURNEY FARE Ex CCG (DISCOUNTED 1.2)*
|STN CODE||STN NAME||DISTANCE (Km)||SINGLE||WEEKLY||FORTNIGHT||MONTHLY|
|NSP||Nalla - Sopara||56||205||1070||1555||2040|
MUMBAI AC LOCAL TIMING
Indian Railway on 25.12.2017 announced India’s First Ever Broad Gauge Air-conditioned AC EMU (Mumbai AC Local Train) of 12-car rake fitted with Indigenous 3-phase Propulsion system on Western Railway’s Mumbai Suburban (Local Trains) section. The details of the above trains is announced by Railway through a press release. Following are the details regarding features and timings of new Mumbai AC EMU.
After the introduction the AC local train will be operated on the experimental basis between Churchgate and Borivali stations for a week i.e. from 25th December to 31st December, 2017.
Afterwards w.e.f. 1st January, 2018, this AC local train will be operated on regular basis as per the scheduled time table between Churchgate and Virar stations.
Accordingly, w.e.f. 1st January, 2018, total 12 services (6 services in UP and 6 services in DOWN direction) of AC suburban train will be operated on weekdays only i.e. from Monday to Friday.
It is decided that on Saturdays and Sundays, the rake of AC local train will not be operated for maintenance purpose.
As per the regular scheduled time table w.e.f. 1st January, 2018 , the services of AC local train will replace existing 12 Non AC services, so the total average number of suburban services on WR’s suburban section will remain 1355, even after introduction of AC local train.
Out of these 12 services of AC local train, 8 will run as fast local trains between Churchgate and Virar, stopping only at major stations i.e. Mumbai Central, Dadar, Bandra, Andheri, Borivali, Bhayander and Vasai Road in both directions. Similarly 3 fast services will run between Churchgate and Borivali stopping at Mumbai Central, Dadar, Bandra and Andheri stations in both directions. The remaining one service will run as slow service from Mahalaxmi to Borivali, which will stop at all intermediate stations. It has been decided that the AC EMU rake will be placed at Borivali station to start the introductory run at 10.30 hrs on 25th December, 2017.
Seat Reservation for Ladies, Senior Citizens and Divyangs
- 1st and 12th coach from Churchgate end are earmarked as Ladies coaches
- 7 seats in 2nd and 11th coach from Churchgate end are earmarked for Senior citizens
- 10 seats in 4th and 7th coach from Churchgate end are earmarked for Divyangs
It is also decided that suitable number of RPF constables will be deployed in each coach of this train to ensure proper security. Similarly, technicians will also be deputed in the train for trouble shooting purpose. Suitable announcements will also be ensured for opening of the door as per the platform position of upcoming station.
Salient Features of Air Conditioned EMU
- Manufactured by Integral Coach Factory, Chennai of Indian Railways.
- First Air conditioned EMU equipped with IGBT based 3 phase propulsion system.
- Fully air conditioned rake with a capacity of 30 Ton per coach.
- Automatic Door closure system.
- LED based lighting for better illumination and energy conservation.
- Equipped with Emergency Talk-back system. Passengers can seek assistance from guard of the train in distress condition.
- Passenger carrying capacity – Seats 1028 Nos. and Total 5964 passengers.
- LED based coach identification system for Alarm chain pulling and Door malfunctioning.
- GPS based passenger information system with Audio-visual indication of stations.
- PA system for Guard-Driver/ Passenger communication.
- Stainless steel coaches with straight side walls.
- Air suspension system for better Passenger comfort.
- Maximum speed – 100 Km/hour.
- Air Conditioned Driving Cab.
- Aerodynamic nose cone driving cab.
- Equipped with Air tight vestibules connecting 6 coaches.
- Wide and large double sealed glass window for panoramic view.
- Comfortable modular polycarbonate seats for passengers.
- Aluminum extruded modular luggage racks with polycarbonate transparent glass of bottom.
Automatic Door Closing System:
The door system is formed by two door leaves and drive unit mechanism located in the upper portal area. The door leaves were sliding on upper and lower rail guide, the movement of which is controlled by electrical signal received through TCMS from guard/ drivers cab. The door leaves were sliding inside pockets provided at the door opening. Following passenger safety features were provided in the automatic door closing system:
- Train will not start or take traction if any of the doors of the train is open.
- Automatic door will not open till the train comes to a complete halt.
- Door can open both from inside and from outside of the coach with the help of emergency exit device. This device can also be used if the door fails to open automatically when required. However, this emergency exit device will not operate when the train is in motion.
- The location of emergency door opening device (operating rotary handle near door) and the method of its operation is displayed inside the coach for guidance to the passenger.
- To avoid injury to passengers during closing operation of the door, doors will re-open thrice if any obstruction detection takes place. After first detection of obstruction there will be audio alarm to caution the passengers about door closing.
Passenger Carrying Capacity Coach Type-wise
The rake comprised of three types of coaches to accommodate passengers; coach wise passenger capacity is as below:
|Coach Type||Seating Capacity||Standing Capacity||Total|
|Driving Motor Coach||65||258||323|
|Non – Driving Motor Coach||65||258||323|
The total capacity of the rake is 5964 passengers with 1028 seating capacity and 4936 standing capacity.
The Head-light and speed indicator cum recorder have been fitted on the Driving Cab. Auxiliary Warning System, Dead man’s handle, Wheel slip protection are available. In addition, following items are provided:
- Event recorder: Event Recorder is provided in each driving motor coach’s Train Control and Management System (TCMS). Faults and events generated in various systems in each Basic unit were stored in respective event recorder (TCMS) of Motor coach.
- Passenger alarm indication light in all coaches: Each coach is provided with an indication light on both sides of the coach. These lights are integrated with alarm chain pulling system.
- Emergency evacuation of passenger Guidance: To evacuate the passengers in case of emergencies, emergency ladders are provided with signage inside the coach.
- Fire Fighting System: Each Air Condition coach is equipped with 2 Nos of Fire Extinguisher with instruction to operate and proper arrow marking sticker.
Crew/Guard and Passenger Communication System
GPS based passenger information system is provided in the rake.
- Passenger Announcement- There is facility of Passenger announcement from motorman and guard cab to Passenger area.
- Inter Communication- There is duplex Inter Communication available between Driver and Guard.
- Coach Display in each coach- There are two single sided display and two double sided display in each coach. Also there are nine speakers provided in each coach for audio announcement by which motorman can communicate with passenger coach.
- LED based Head code display in English and Hindi with handicap and ladies coach position is provided in front of the both driving motor coaches.
- ETB: Emergency Talk Back unit is provided in the passenger areas (four in each coach) to communicate with motorman/guard during any emergency.
Timing of AC Local Train
Summary of AC Local Train Timings w.e.f 1st January, 2018