MAJOR TRAIN BLOCKS 2020
Indian Railway is conducting major train blocks for various reasons including rail maintenance, over bridge maintenance, platform renovation, doubling works, due to heavy rain etc. Even though we are updating the train cancellation details daily in some other pages, for more conveniences of readers we decided to mention the full details of the blocks with mentioning of station name , date, name of the railway zone which announced the blocks etc.
However Railway is causing inconvenience to the passengers, they are eager to restore the cancelled trains as early as possible. Here we are uploading major train blocks by various zones of Indian Railway under one page on day to day basis.
Railway announced that it has now been decided to extend the cancellation of all regular Mail/Express trains ✅ till further notice. The Shramik Special Trains and Special train services, shall, however, continue to operate.
- Northern Railway
- South Central Railway
- South Eastern Railway
- South Western Railway
- Western Railway
POWER SUPPLY FAILURE: TRAIN RESCHEDULED/SHORT TERMINATED: 12.10.2020
Central Railway and Western Railway announced that in view of interruption in Traction power at 10.05 hrs due to Grid Failure of Tata Power company, long-distance trains of WR and CR are affected. Details are the following.
- Train No.01055 LTT- Gorakhpur at 1200 hrs
- Train No.02542 LTT-Gorakhpur at1215 hrs
- Train No.06345 LTT-Thiruvananthapuram at1240 hrs
- Train No.01061 LTT-Darbhanga at 1315 hrs
- Train No.01071 LTT-Varanasi at 1340 hrs
- Train No-02903(MMCT-ASR) JCO 10/10/2020 to 12.10.20 from MMCT will be short terminated at UMB.
- Train No-02925(BDTS-ASR) JCO 11/10/2020 to 13.10.2020 from BDTS will be short terminated at UMB
- Train No.09025 Bandra Terminus – Amritsar clown special trains
- Train No.02925 Bandra Terminus – Amritsar Pashchim Express
- Train No.02933 Ahmedabad – Mumbai Central Karnavati Express
- Train No.09115 Sayaji Nagri Express
- Train No.02480 Bandra Terminus – Jodhpur Surya Nagri Express
LINE BLOCK AND POWER BLOCK : SALEM – JOLARPETTAI : 12.10.2020 – 14.10.2020
Southern Railway announced that due to Line Block & Power Block, to facilitate engineering works between Doddampatti – Dasampatti railway stations in Salem – Jolarpettai section, changes will be made in the pattern of train services on two separate days, namely 12.10.2020 & 14.10.2020 as detailed below:
Rescheduling of Train Services
- Train No.02679 Dr. MGR Chennai Central – Coimbatore superfast special train scheduled to leave Dr. MGR Chennai Central at 14.30 hrs on 12th & 14th October 2020, is rescheduled to leave Dr. MGR Chennai Central at 16.00 hrs (late by 1 hour and 30 minutes).
- Train No.02676 Coimbatore – Dr. MGR Chennai Central superfast special train scheduled to leave Coimbatore at 15.15 hrs on 12th & 14th October, 2020, is rescheduled to leave Coimbatore at 15.35 hrs (late by 20 minutes)
KISAN AGITATION: TRAIN CANCELLATION/DIVERSION/SHORT TERMINATION: 09.10.2020 – 11.10.2020
Train handling plan regarding Cancellation/diversion/short termination/Origination of Mail/Express / Parcel Trains on 09.10.2020 to 11.10.2020 due to Kisan Agitation in Punjab.
KAZIPET – BALHARSHAH : TRAFFIC BLOCK : 01.10.2020
South Central Railway announced that in order to facilitate Non-Interlocking works related to tripling of the track between Raghavapuram – Kolanoor stations on Kazipet – Balharshah section of SCR, the diversion of trains is further extended as detailed below:-
|Sl. No||Train No||Train Name||J.C.O.||Days of service||Existing Route||Diverted route|
|1||08407||Khurda Road – Ahmedabad EXPSPL||21.10.2020||Wed||Khurda Road- Duvvada- Vijayawada- Balharshah- Badnera-Jalgaon- Surat- Ahmedabad||Khurda Road- Brahmapur –Vizianagaram – Raipur –Gondia- Nagpur – Badnera|
|2||08408||Ahmedabad – Khurda Road EXP SPL||17.10.2020&24.10.2020||Sat|
YELAHANKA – DHARMAVARAM : PARTIAL CANCELLATION/DIVERSION/REGULATION OF TRAINS : 12.10.2020 TO 17.10.2020
South Central Railway announced that due to Non-Interlocking work for commissioning of doubling of Dodballapur station in Yelahanka – Dharmavaram section, the following trains are Partially Cancelled/Diverted/Regulated as detailed below:-
Trains Partially Cancelled:
|Sl. No||Tr. No||From-To||Journey Commencing on||Partially Cancelled between|
|1||08463||Bhubaneswar – KSR Bengaluru||12.10.2020 to 16.10.2020||Sri Sathya Sai Prashanthi Nilayam – KSR Bengaluru|
|2||08464||KSR Bengaluru – Bhubaneswar||13.10.2020 to 17.10.2020||KSR Bengaluru – Sri Sathya Sai Prashanthi Nilayam|
|Sl. No||Tr. No||From-To||Journey Commencing on||Trains Diverted via|
|1||02795||Mysuru – Jaipur||15.10.2020&17.10.2020||KSR Bengaluru, Arsikere, Chikjajur, Rayadurg, Ballari and Guntakal stations|
|Sl. No||Tr. No||From-To||Journey Commencing on||Regulated for|
|1||02592||Yesvantpur – Gorakhpur||15.10.2020||30 minutes at Rajanukunte|
RAGHAVAPURAM – KOLANOOR: TRAINS DIVERTED: THIRD LINE WORKS: 11.10.2020 and 13.10.2020
South Central Railway announced that in order to facilitate Non-Interlocking works related to a tripling of the track between Raghavapuram – Kolanoor stations of South Central Railway, the following newly announced special trains are diverted as detailed below:-
1.Diversion of trains via., Secunderabad – Nizamabad – Mudkhed – Pimpal Khuti – Majri
|Sl. No||Tr. No||Train Name||Journey Commencing on||Days of service||Existing Route||Diverted route|
|1||02590||Secunderabad – Gorakhpur Express Special||11.10.20||Weekly||Secunderabad, Balharshah, Itarsi, Bina, Bhimsen, Kanpur ctrl, Barabanki, Gorakhpur||Secunderabad, Nizamabad, Mudkhed, Pimpal Khuti, Majri|
|2||02589||Gorakhpur – Secunderabad Express Special||13.10.20|
NEW DELHI-LUCKNOW: TRAIN CANCELLED: 12.10.2020 – 11.10.2020
Northern Railway announced that due to operational reasons the 04252/04251 New Delhi-Lucknow-New Delhi Clone Express will remain cancelled with effect from 12 & 11 October 2020 respectively.
LUCKNOW DIVISION: NON-INTERLOCKING WORK: 07.10.2020 – 12.10.2020
Northern Railway announced that Lucknow Division will undertake the Non-Interlocking work at Gauriganj-Bani-Jais Stations in connection with doubling work on Lucknow-Raibareli-Pratapgarh-Varanasi section. Due to this Infra-upgradation work following trains will be diverted as under:-
NEW FOOT OVER BRIDGE AT BANDRA STATION
Western Railway announced that new FOB commissioned at Bandra station enhancing convenience and safety of commuters. The six meters wide and 80 meters long FOB connects east to west and all PFs. Converting crisis into opportunity, six FOBs are opened since lockdown on Mumbai Suburban, further strengthening the infrastructure
CLOSURE OF EAST SIDE SPANS OF EXISTING NORTH MCGM FOOT OVER BRIDGE AT ANDHERI STATION
Western Railway announce that in connection with the sixth line project, the east side spans of Andheri North MCGM old Foot Over Bridge will remain closed from 1st August, 2020 for dismantling. Passengers of essential staff categories as notified by Govt of Maharashtra, may use the New Foot Over Bridge which has been commissioned on 31st July, 2020.
PARTIAL CANCELLATION / CANCELLATION OF TRAINS
South Western Railway announced that cancellation and partial cancellation of some trains.
PARTIAL CANCELLATION OF PARCEL EXPRESS TRAIN
- Train No. 00617/00618 KSR Bengaluru – Dimapur – KSR Bengaluru Bi – Weekly Parcel Express will remain partially cancelled between Guwahati – Dimapur – Guwahati with effect commencing journey from Bengaluru today i.e. 26.07.2020 to until further advice and from Dimapur from 29.07.2020 to until further advice as Parcel Office at Dimapur has been sealed down due to spread of COVID-19.
CANCELLATION OF TRAINS
- Train No. 02246 Yesvantpur – Howrah Express commencing journey from Yesvantpur on 28.07.2020 will be cancelled due to complete lockdown in West Bengal.
- Train No. 02245 Howrah – Yesvantpur Express commencing journey from Howrah on 29.07.2020 will be cancelled due to complete lockdown in West Bengal.
CANCELLATION OF TATANAGAR – DANAPUR – TATANAGAR SPECIAL AND PARTIAL CANCELLATION OF RANCHI-PATNA-RANCHI SPECIAL : FROM 13.07.2020
South Eastern Railway announced that as per request received from the Govt. of Jharkhand, it has been decided to fully cancel 08183/08184 Tatanagar-Danapur-Tatanagar Special w.e.f 13.07.2020 till further advice. In addition to that, 02366/02365 Ranchi-Patna-Ranchi Special will remain partially cancelled between Ranchi-Gaya-Ranchi w.e.f 13.07.2020 till further advice.