TEJAS EXPRESS DETAILS
Details of Indian Railways luxurious train Tejas express are following.
- Tejas Trains ~ NEWS Updates
- Tejas Type Trains Details
- Tejas Express General Information
- Train Nos.22119/22120 Tejas Express CSMT Mumbai – Karmali
- Train Nos.22671/22672 Chennai Egmore – Madurai Junction Tejas Express Trains
- IRCTC Private Trains Fare/Booking Details
Total Tejas Trains by Railway and IRCTC
|Train Nos.||Name of the Trains||Inauguration|
|22119/22120||Mumbai CST Karmali Mumbai CSMT–Karmali Tejas Express||May 2017|
|22671/22672||Chennai Egmore Madurai Chennai Egmore–Madurai Tejas Express||March 2019|
|82501/82502||Lucknow New Delhi Lucknow–New Delhi IRCTC Tejas Express||October 2019|
|82901/82902||Ahmedabad Mumbai Central Ahmedabad – Mumbai Central IRCTC Tejas Express||January 2020|
Tejas Trains ~ NEWS Updates
IRCTC announced that due to the occasion of Deepawali festival on 24.10.22 (Monday), IRCTC Tejas Express Trains 82501/82502 (LJN-NDLS-LJN) has been cancelled for journey date 24.10.22 (Monday) and this train will now run on journey date 25.10.22 (Tuesday).
IRCTC Tejas Express Train no. 82902/82901 will run only 3 days a week
IRCTC Tejas Express Train no. 82902/82901 (ADI-MMCT-ADI) will run only 3 days a week w.e.f. 11.01.2022 to 10.02.2022. Train will remain cancelled on Monday and Wednesday during this period.
Tejas Express Timing Revised
The revised timings of NDLS-LJN IRCTC Tejas Express (82502) from CNB w.e.f 12-09-2021 is ARR: 20:25Hrs; DEP:20:30 Hrs and for LJN-NDLS IRCTC Tejas Express (82501) from CNB w.e.f 12-09-2021 is ARR:07:15 Hrs; DEP:07:20 Hrs.
IRCTC Launches Lucky Draw for Tejas Express
IRCTC has introduced lucky draw for the journeys of Tejas Express between August 27, 2021 to September 6, 2021. Passengers in both the classes, Executive AC Chair Car and AC Chair Car will get these surprises during their journey. One surprise gift will be given per PNR drawn in this lucky draw. IRCTC is all set to welcome passengers on board its Tejas Express train on the Ahmedabad – Mumbai – Ahmedabad route.
Timing of Restored Tejas Express Trains
Indian Railway announced that IRCTC Tejas Express Train no. 82501/82502 (LJN-NDLS-LJN) and Train no. 82901/82902 (MMCT-ADI-MMCT) have been reintroduced for booking with effect from journey date 07.08.2021.
Restoration of 82501/82502 LJN NDLS Tejas Express
Travel Insurance Claim in Tejas Express ~ IRCTC Announcement ~ 30.10.2020
IRCTC announced that “Kindly communicate with Liberty General Insurance Company for processing your Travel insurance claim (IRCTC Tejas Exp.) on email id firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 18002665844 on or before 30-Oct-2020″. For a list of Outstanding claims, Click here.
Indian Railways unveil new Tejas locomotives, will eliminate the need for separate diesel power generator car
Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal on Gandhi Jayanti unveiled the first batch of indigenously manufactured Tejas Express locomotive for ‘push-pull’ operations. In a tweet, Piyush Goyal said, “these are highly advanced and energy-efficient locos”. The Tejas Express locomotives were unveiled at Asansol Railway station by Union Minister Piyush Goyal. The new locomotives Tejas are equipped with new technology and are manufactured in West Bengal’s Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW). These new-age engines can run at a speed of 160 kilometers per hour.
Tejas Type Trains Details
Rajdhani Express With New Upgraded Tejas Rakes ~ 19.07.2021
The first rake with exclusive Tejas type Smart Sleeper coaches introduced in Indian Railways
Agartala Rajdhani Special train with special Tejas type Sleeper Coaches
Ministry of Railways announced that Railway has decided to replace the rake of Agartala – Anand Vihar Terminal Special Rajdhani Express with Tejas Sleeper coaches with upgraded facilities. It will offer better connectivity with National Capital. Provided with smart features, the coaches of this New Sleeper Type Tejas Train will offer the best class travel experience. The start of the Tejas service is planned for 15.02.21. This will offer better connectivity & provide the best the class travel experience and Convenient Travelling for North-East Region.
Tejas Express General Information
Tejas is India’s first semi-high speed fully air-conditioned train equipped with 22 new features. The most interesting of which will be high-tech entertainment units, Wi-Fi facility, and integrated braille displays. It will also attempt to provide state-of-the-art facilities including tea and coffee vending machines, magazines, and snack tables. The coaches of the premier Tejas express are being readied in a way to give its passengers a premium travel experience usually associated with European rail travels. Tejas will have Executive Class and Chair Cars, while the Humsafar will be a train which will only have 3-AC coaches populating it. Besides the improved aesthetics, Tejas coaches will come with entertainment screens for each passenger, along with hand phone socket and LED boards for communicating safety instructions, digital destination boards, and electronic passenger reservation chart.
- Tejas meaning brilliance, is a reserved passenger luxury train and it will operated at speed of 130 kmph and above.
- Tejas Express is also called as Golden Chariot, the trains coaches will be painted in a golden colour.
- The train will have high-tech entertainment units, Wi-Fi facility and integrated braille displays, to give its passengers the feel of world-class travel.
- Tejas coaches will have Executive Class and Chair Cars, while those of Hamsafar will have 3-AC.
- Tejas coaches will be equipped with 22 new features, including entertainment screens for each passenger along with hand phone socket and LED boards for communicating safety instruction.
- There will be water level indicators in bio-vacuum toilets, sensorised taps and hand driers.
- Attempts have been made to provide state-of-art facilities in Tejas, including tea and coffee vending machines, magazines and snack tables, according to reports.
- Both Tejas and Hamsafar are having CCTVs, and fire and smoke detection and suppression system.
It will also bring with it water level indicators in bio-vacuum toilets, touch-sensitive taps, and hand driers. Both Tejas and Humsafar will also be equipped with CCTVs and fire and smoke detection and suppression systems to ensure passenger safety.
Tejas Express Fare Chart
Tejas Express Fare Chart is following
Train Nos.22119/22120 CSMT Mumbai – Karmali Tejas Express
Updated : 12.09.2022
Bookings for Vista Dome coach of Train No. 22119 / 22120 Mumbai CSMT- Karmali – Mumbai CSMT ‘Tejas’ Express
In continuation to the Press Release dated 10/09/2022 regarding “Extension of Train No. 22119 / 22120 Mumbai CSMT- Karmali – Mumbai CSMT ‘Tejas’ Express up to Madgaon Jn.”, the bookings for Vista Dome coach will start from 14/09/2022 at all Passenger Reservation Systems (PRS), internet and IRCTC website.
Kindly note that, since train no. 22119 / 22120 Mumbai CSMT – Karmali.- Mumbai CSMT has a waitlist on two days i.e 22/10/2022 & 30/10/2022, Vistadome coach will not be attached on these dates. One AC Chair Car coach will be attached instead of the Vista Dome coach to clear waitlist passengers.
Extension of Train No. 22119 / 22120 Mumbai CSMT- Karmali – Mumbai CSMT ‘Tejas’ Express up to Madgaon Jn.
Konkan Railway announced that Railway has been decided to extend the services of Train No. 22119 / 22120 Mumbai CSMT- Karmali – Mumbai CSMT ‘Tejas’ Express up to Madgaon Jn. with effect from 01/11/2022. Details are as under:
- Train No. 22119 / 22120 Mumbai CSMT- Madgaon Jn.- Mumbai CSMT ‘Tejas’ Express :
- Train No. 22119 Mumbai CSMT – Madgaon Jn. ‘Tejas’ Express will leave from Mumbai CSMT at 05:50 hrs every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 01/11/2022. Train will reach Madgaon Jn. at 14:40 hrs on the same day.
- Train No. 22120 – Madgaon Jn.- Mumbai CSMT ‘Tejas’ Express will leave from Madgaon Jn. at 15:15 hrs every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 01/11/2022. Train will reach Mumbai CSMT at 23:55 hrs on the same day.
- Train will halt at Dadar, Thane, Panvel, Chiplun, Ratnagiri, Kudal and Karmali stations.
One Vista Dome coach will be added with effect from 15/09/2022. The train will run with a revised composition of Total 15 LHB Coaches from 15/09/2022: AC Chair Car – 11 Coaches, Executive Chair Car – 01 Coach, Vista Dome – 01 Coach, Generator Car – 02.
Regular Service Details
CST Mumbai – Karmali Tejas Super Fast Express (Non-monsoon Period- 5 days a week)
- Train No.22119 Super fast Tejas Express will leave CST Mumbai at 05.00 hrs on every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 24.5.2017 and arrive Karmali at 13.30 hrs same day.
- Train No.22120 Super fast Tejas Express will leave Karmali at 14.30 hrs on every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 23.5.2017 and arrive CST Mumbai at 23.00 hrs same day.
CST Mumbai – Karmali Tejas Super Fast Express (Monsoon Period from 10.6.2017 to 31.10.2017– 3 days a week)
- Train No.22119 Super fast Tejas Express will leave CST Mumbai at 05.00 hrs on every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 10.6.2017 to 31.10.2017 and arrive Karmali at 15.30 hrs same day.
- Train No.22120 Super fast Tejas Express will leave Karmali at 07.30 hrs on every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday from 10.6.2017 to 31.10.2017 and arrive CST Mumbai at 19.45 hrs same day.
Halting Dadar, Thane, Panvel, Ratnagiri and Kudal. Composition One Executive AC Chair car, 12 AC Chair car Reservation Bookings for Inaugural Special Train No.02119 leaving CST on 22.5.2017 and for Regular Services of Train No.22119 leaving from 24.5.2017 will open on 21.5.2017 at all PRS counters and on website www.irctc.co.in Catering Services
In case the passenger wishes to opt for on-board catering services, service–wise catering charges i.e. Executive class and Chair car on Tejas Trains shall be inbuilt in the ticket fare. If passengers do not opt for catering services at the time of booking the ticket and decides to purchase meals onboard, an extra amount of Rs 50/- per service, in addition to the prescribed catering charges shall be charged subject to availability. However, a charge of Rs 20/- will be included in the fare for all passengers of all classes, since packaged drinking water and newspapers will be provided onboard to every passenger irrespective of their option for onboard meals.
Konkan Railway announced on 15th March 2018 that Railway has been decided to provide additional stoppage to ✅ Train Nos.22119 / 22120 Mumbai CSMT – Karmali – Mumbai CSMT Tejas Express (Five days a week) at Chiplun station w.e.f. 20/03/2018. The details are as follows :
Train No. 22119 / 22120 Mumbai CSMT – Karmali – Mumbai CSMT “Tejas Express” :
- Train No.22119 Mumbai CSMT – Karmali Tejas Express at Chiplun Stations – 09.04 hrs.
- Train No.22120 Karmali – Mumbai CSMT Tejas Express at Chilpun Station – 18.18 hrs.
Konkan Railway announced that from December 2018 the timings of Train No. 22119 / 22120 Mumbai CSMT – Karmali – Mumbai CSMT Tejas Express (5 days a week) was revised on trial basis for a period from 02/12/2018 to 02/01/2019. Now it has been decided to extend the period up to 09/06/2019. Details are as follows : New Train Time Table 2019 – 2020
Timings of Train No. 22119 / 22120 Mumbai CSMT – Karmali – Mumbai CSMT Tejas Express : –[table “231” not found /]
Train Nos.22119/22120 CST Mumbai – Karmali Tejas Express fare details are following
Following are the fare details of Tejas Express Trains.
Non – Monsoon Fares
|Without Catering||With Catering||Without Catering||With Catering||DESTINATION||SOURCE|
✅ Feedback Form for Tejas Express
Konkan Railway published a feedback form for collecting the opinion and suggestion from the passengers. Following are the details.
Feedback form for Tejas Express
For getting further details about the feedback form please go through the link by Konkan Railway link :- Feedback for CSTM-Karmali-CSTM Tejas Express
Train Nos.22671/22672 Chennai Egmore – Madurai Junction Tejas Express Trains
|Executive Class with Catering Services||2295|
|Executive Class without Catering Services||1940|
|Chari Car with Catering Service||1195|
|Chari Car without Catering Service||895|
Regular Service Details
Travel Time: 06.30 minutes
Train Nos.22671/22672 Chennai Egmore – Madurai Junction Tejas Express Trains
- Train No.22671 Chennai Egmore – Madurai Junction train will depart from Chennai Egmore at 06.00 am and will arrive Madurai at 12.30 pm.
- Train No.22672 Madurai – Chennai Egmore train will depart from Madurai at 3.00 pm and and will arrive Chennai Egmore at 09.30 pm.
- Halting : Kodai Road, Tiruchy
- No. Of Coaches : 15
- Composition : Twelve Chari Car, one First Class Chair Car, Two Generator Vans.
- Operation : Six days a week (except Thursdays)
- Total Distance : 497 KM
Magic Box In Tejas Express Trains
Tejas Express, which runs between Chennai Egmore and Madurai had been provided with a ✅ ‘MAGICBOX’ which lets passengers access 500 hours’ worth of entertainment right from their mobiles.
This was done based on on passenger feedback who felt a premium train like Tejas should offer entertainment to enhance the joy of traveling. Tejas coaches were initially provided with a Seat-mounted infotainment system which was removed after complaints from travelers about its frequent malfunctioning on the run and a railway board instruction to discontinue all seat-mounted infotainment systems. Railway administration had faced problems in updating its software and content.
Wi-fi Entertainment box “MAGIC BOX” is pre-installed with movies, kids content, music, and Government schemes. It has content in regional languages for the multilingual passengers of Indian Railways. Tejas Express which runs 6 days a week, except Thursday, is maintained by GSN Coaching Depot, Chennai.
✅ What is Special in Tejas Express?
The Tejas Express is India’s first semi-high speed fully air-conditioned train introduced by Indian Railways.
✅ How many Tejas Express are running in India?
Currently, Four Tejas Express Trains are running in India
✅ Who owns Tejas private train?
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC ) owns Tejas Private Trains
✅ Is food free in Tejas Express Madurai?
Food is optional on this train.
- Coronavirus : Railways Arrangements
- Covid 19 : Train Updates
- IRCTC Tejas/Kashi Mahakal Express Cancelled/Refund Details