TEJAS EXPRESS DETAILS
Details of Indian Railways luxurious train Tejas express are following.
- Tejas Trains ~ NEWS Updates
- Tejas Type Trains Details
- Tejas Express General Information
- Train Nos.22119/22120 Tejas Express CSMT Mumbai – Madgaon Jn
- Train Nos.22671/22672 Chennai Egmore – Madurai Junction Tejas Express Trains
- IRCTC Private Trains Fare/Booking Details
Total Tejas Trains by Railway and IRCTC
|Train Nos.||Name of the Trains||Inauguration|
|22119/22120||Mumbai CST Karmali Mumbai CSMT–Karmali Tejas Express||May 2017|
|22671/22672||Chennai Egmore Madurai Chennai Egmore–Madurai Tejas Express||March 2019|
|82501/82502||Lucknow New Delhi Lucknow–New Delhi IRCTC Tejas Express||October 2019|
|82901/82902||Ahmedabad Mumbai Central Ahmedabad – Mumbai Central IRCTC Tejas Express||January 2020|
Tejas Trains ~ NEWS Updates
IRCTC announced that due to the occasion of Deepawali festival on 24.10.22 (Monday), IRCTC Tejas Express Trains 82501/82502 (LJN-NDLS-LJN) has been cancelled for journey date 24.10.22 (Monday) and this train will now run on journey date 25.10.22 (Tuesday).
IRCTC Tejas Express Train no. 82902/82901 will run only 3 days a week
IRCTC Tejas Express Train no. 82902/82901 (ADI-MMCT-ADI) will run only 3 days a week w.e.f. 11.01.2022 to 10.02.2022. Train will remain cancelled on Monday and Wednesday during this period.
Tejas Express Timing Revised
The revised timings of NDLS-LJN IRCTC Tejas Express (82502) from CNB w.e.f 12-09-2021 is ARR: 20:25Hrs; DEP:20:30 Hrs and for LJN-NDLS IRCTC Tejas Express (82501) from CNB w.e.f 12-09-2021 is ARR:07:15 Hrs; DEP:07:20 Hrs.
IRCTC Launches Lucky Draw for Tejas Express
IRCTC has introduced lucky draw for the journeys of Tejas Express between August 27, 2021 to September 6, 2021. Passengers in both the classes, Executive AC Chair Car and AC Chair Car will get these surprises during their journey. One surprise gift will be given per PNR drawn in this lucky draw. IRCTC is all set to welcome passengers on board its Tejas Express train on the Ahmedabad – Mumbai – Ahmedabad route.
Timing of Restored Tejas Express Trains
Indian Railway announced that IRCTC Tejas Express Train no. 82501/82502 (LJN-NDLS-LJN) and Train no. 82901/82902 (MMCT-ADI-MMCT) have been reintroduced for booking with effect from journey date 07.08.2021.
Restoration of 82501/82502 LJN NDLS Tejas Express
Travel Insurance Claim in Tejas Express ~ IRCTC Announcement ~ 30.10.2020
IRCTC announced that “Kindly communicate with Liberty General Insurance Company for processing your Travel insurance claim (IRCTC Tejas Exp.) on email id email@example.com or call on 18002665844 on or before 30-Oct-2020″. For a list of Outstanding claims, Click here.
Indian Railways unveil new Tejas locomotives, will eliminate the need for separate diesel power generator car
Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal on Gandhi Jayanti unveiled the first batch of indigenously manufactured Tejas Express locomotive for ‘push-pull’ operations. In a tweet, Piyush Goyal said, “these are highly advanced and energy-efficient locos”. The Tejas Express locomotives were unveiled at Asansol Railway station by Union Minister Piyush Goyal. The new locomotives Tejas are equipped with new technology and are manufactured in West Bengal’s Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW). These new-age engines can run at a speed of 160 kilometers per hour.
Tejas Type Trains Details
Rajdhani Express With New Upgraded Tejas Rakes ~ 19.07.2021
The first rake with exclusive Tejas type Smart Sleeper coaches introduced in Indian Railways
Agartala Rajdhani Special train with special Tejas type Sleeper Coaches
Ministry of Railways announced that Railway has decided to replace the rake of Agartala – Anand Vihar Terminal Special Rajdhani Express with Tejas Sleeper coaches with upgraded facilities. It will offer better connectivity with National Capital. Provided with smart features, the coaches of this New Sleeper Type Tejas Train will offer the best class travel experience. The start of the Tejas service is planned for 15.02.21. This will offer better connectivity & provide the best the class travel experience and Convenient Travelling for North-East Region.
Tejas Express General Information
Tejas is India’s first semi-high speed fully air-conditioned train equipped with 22 new features. The most interesting of which will be high-tech entertainment units, Wi-Fi facility, and integrated braille displays. It will also attempt to provide state-of-the-art facilities including tea and coffee vending machines, magazines, and snack tables. The coaches of the premier Tejas express are being readied in a way to give its passengers a premium travel experience usually associated with European rail travels. Tejas will have Executive Class and Chair Cars, while the Humsafar will be a train which will only have 3-AC coaches populating it. Besides the improved aesthetics, Tejas coaches will come with entertainment screens for each passenger, along with hand phone socket and LED boards for communicating safety instructions, digital destination boards, and electronic passenger reservation chart.
- Tejas meaning brilliance, is a reserved passenger luxury train and it will operated at speed of 130 kmph and above.
- Tejas Express is also called as Golden Chariot, the trains coaches will be painted in a golden colour.
- The train will have high-tech entertainment units, Wi-Fi facility and integrated braille displays, to give its passengers the feel of world-class travel.
- Tejas coaches will have Executive Class and Chair Cars, while those of Hamsafar will have 3-AC.
- Tejas coaches will be equipped with 22 new features, including entertainment screens for each passenger along with hand phone socket and LED boards for communicating safety instruction.
- There will be water level indicators in bio-vacuum toilets, sensorised taps and hand driers.
- Attempts have been made to provide state-of-art facilities in Tejas, including tea and coffee vending machines, magazines and snack tables, according to reports.
- Both Tejas and Hamsafar are having CCTVs, and fire and smoke detection and suppression system.
It will also bring with it water level indicators in bio-vacuum toilets, touch-sensitive taps, and hand driers. Both Tejas and Humsafar will also be equipped with CCTVs and fire and smoke detection and suppression systems to ensure passenger safety.
Tejas Express Fare Chart
Tejas Express Fare Chart is following
Train Nos.22119/22120 CSMT Mumbai – Madgaon Jn Tejas Express
Regular Services Details
Train No.22119 /22120 CSMT – Madgaon Jn Tejas Express Trains
- Train No.22119 CSMT – Madgaon Jn train will depart from CSMT at 05.50 hrs and will arrive Madgaon at 14.40 hrs. The train will be on Monday and Thursday.
- Train No.22120 Madgaon – CSMT train will depart from Madgaon at 15.15 hrs and will arrive CSMT at 23.55 hrs. The train will be on Monday and Thursday.
Train Nos.22119/22120 CST Mumbai – Madgaon Jn Tejas Express fare details are following
Following are the fare details of Tejas Express Trains.
Non – Monsoon Fares
|Without Catering||With Catering||Without Catering||With Catering||DESTINATION||SOURCE|
✅ Feedback Form for Tejas Express
Konkan Railway published a feedback form for collecting the opinion and suggestion from the passengers. Following are the details.
Feedback form for Tejas Express
For getting further details about the feedback form please go through the link by Konkan Railway link :- Feedback for CSTM- Madgaon Jn-CSTM Tejas Express
Train Nos.22671/22672 Chennai Egmore – Madurai Junction Tejas Express Trains
|Executive Class with Catering Services||2295|
|Executive Class without Catering Services||1940|
|Chari Car with Catering Service||1195|
|Chari Car without Catering Service||895|
Regular Service Details
Southern Railway announced that Railway Board has permitted stoppage for Train No.22671/22672 Chennai Egmore – Madurai – Chennai Egmore TEJAS Superfast Express at TAMBARAM Railway station for a period of six months on experimental basis with effect from 26th February 2023.
- Train No.22671 Chennai Egmore – Madurai Tejas Superfast Express (6 days a Week) will leave Chennai Egmore at 06.00 hrs on all days except Thursdays with the stoppage at Tambaram (06:25 (Arr) / (06:27 (Dep) reach Madurai at 12.15 hrs.
- Train No.22672 Madurai – Chennai Egmore Tejas Superfast Express (6 days a Week) will leave Madurai at 15.00 hrs on all days except Thursdays with the stoppage at Tambaram (20:38 (Arr)/ 20:40 (Dep) to reach Chennai Egmore at 21.15 hrs.
(There is no change in the arrival/departure timings at other stations/stoppages, namely, Chennai Egmore, Tiruchchirappalli, Dindigul and Madurai)
The details of timings and stoppages of Train No. 22671/22672 Chennai Egmore – Madurai – Chennai Egmore Tejas Superfast Express is as follows:
|Train No.22671 Chennai Egmore – Madurai Tejas SF Express (Except Thursdays)||↓||Station||↑||Train No.22672 Madurai – Chennai Egmore Tejas Special Express (Except Thursdays)|
- No. Of Coaches : 15
- Composition : Twelve Chari Car, one First Class Chair Car, Two Generator Vans.
- Operation : Six days a week (except Thursdays)
- Total Distance : 497 KM
Magic Box In Tejas Express Trains
Tejas Express, which runs between Chennai Egmore and Madurai had been provided with a ✅ ‘MAGICBOX’ which lets passengers access 500 hours’ worth of entertainment right from their mobiles.
This was done based on on passenger feedback who felt a premium train like Tejas should offer entertainment to enhance the joy of traveling. Tejas coaches were initially provided with a Seat-mounted infotainment system which was removed after complaints from travelers about its frequent malfunctioning on the run and a railway board instruction to discontinue all seat-mounted infotainment systems. Railway administration had faced problems in updating its software and content.
Wi-fi Entertainment box “MAGIC BOX” is pre-installed with movies, kids content, music, and Government schemes. It has content in regional languages for the multilingual passengers of Indian Railways. Tejas Express which runs 6 days a week, except Thursday, is maintained by GSN Coaching Depot, Chennai.
✅ What is Special in Tejas Express?
The Tejas Express is India’s first semi-high speed fully air-conditioned train introduced by Indian Railways.
✅ How many Tejas Express are running in India?
Currently, Four Tejas Express Trains are running in India
✅ Who owns Tejas private train?
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC ) owns Tejas Private Trains
✅ Is food free in Tejas Express Madurai?
Food is optional on this train.
- ✅ Tejas Express Catering Charges
- Stoppages/ Augmentations of Trains Updates
- Train Timing Changes Updates