Indian Railway is always try to improve the passenger comfort. For this Railway introduced many schemes and many passenger friendly trains and luxury trains including Tejas, Maharaja Express, Uday Express, Antyodaya Express, Humsafar Express, Vistadome Trains etc. Mahamana Express is a Model Rake based Super Fast Express series trains. This train is meant to provide provide passengers a much comfortable travel experience. This train is connect metro cities to those small cities and stations under Indian Railways network which have less number of train services. Following are the main features of Mahamana Express.
The salient features of the New Model rake – Mahamana Express Rake
- Thermoplastic Panels without visible screws for better safety and aesthetics.
- Modular toilet modules with enhanced passenger amenities – big mirror, platform washbasin, controlled discharged water tap, odour control system, exhaust fan, LED lights, dustbin inside the toilet etc. All the toilets are fitted with bio toilets, in line with Indian
- Railways’ vision to make tracks defecation free.
- Provision of individual bucket seats.
- Passenger Address system and GPS based passenger information system (PIS).
- Use of LED Lighting to enhance illumination and service durability while minimizing power consumption.
- Use of e-beam cables and polyamide condutis for enhanced Electrical and fire safety.
- Increased scale of Mobile/laptop charging points.
- External PU Painting.
- Ergonomically designed Ladders for climbing up to upper berths provided in all coaches.
- Snack tables provided for side berth passengers also with innovative design side lower berth arrangement.
- Windows with powered venetian blinds and roller blind instead of conventional curtains.
- LED based berth indicators for reserved coaches, and all other illumination.
- Fire extinguishers in all coaches.
- Modular pantry with electric chimneys.
Service details of Mahamana Express
Varanasi – New Delhi Mahamana Express
Train Nos.22417/22418 Varanasi – New Delhi Mahamana Express is a tri-weekly which runs between the cities of New Delhi and Varanasi via Bareilly, Lucknow, Sultanpur and Jaunpur city.
Bhopal – Khajuraho Mahamana Super fast Express
Train Nos.22163/22164 Bhopal – Khajuraho Mahamana Super fast Express runs between Bhopal Junction and Khajuraho. It is operated with 22163/22164 train numbers on daily basis.
Vadodara – Varanasi Mahamana Express
Train Nos.20903/20904 Vadodara – Varanasi Mahamana Express is a express train belonging to Western Railway zone that runs between Vadodara Junction and Varanasi Junction in India. It is currently being operated with on weekly basis.