Kolkata Suburban Trains Details
Details of ✅ Kolkata Suburban Trains including Kolkata Train Blocks, its timetable, fare, etc. Updates of Kolkata Suburban Trains are following.
Under Indian Railways, the Kolkata Suburban Railway system is operated by two zonal divisions Eastern Railways (ER) and South Eastern Railways (SER). Eastern Railway, as well as South Eastern Railway, are shared with long-distance and freight trains. Suburban services operate on exclusive parallel tracks. SER operates the South Eastern Line and ER operates the Eastern Line, Circular Line, Chord link Line as well as the South lines.
|South Eastern Railway (Kharagpur Division)||Eastern Railway (Howrah Division & Sealdah Division)|
|South-Eastern Line||Eastern Line|
|Chord Link Line|
Details are following.
- Kolkata Train Time Table
- Kolkata : Major Train Block
- Kolkata Suburban Trains : Helpline Numbers
- Kolkata ~ UTS Mobile App for Suburban and Non-Suburban Trains
- Kolkata ~ Circular Railway
- Passenger Special Trains By ER & SER
- Kolkata Metro Rail Train Time Table~ PDF Download ~ 26.04.2021
Kolkata Train Time Table
Kolkata Suburban Train Time Table by Eastern Railway
ER To run EMU Special Trains on the Occasion Of Rath Yatra :- Eastern Railway announced that to clear the extra rush on the occasion of Rath Yatra festival special EMU will run on 01.07.2022 & 09.07.2022 as per following timings:-
- Howrah – Nabadwip Dham EMU Special will leave Howrah at 07:10 hrs. & 08:55 hrs. to reach Nabadwip Dham at 09:35 hrs. & 11:15 hrs. respectively and Nabadwip Dham – Howrah EMU Special will leave Nabadwip Dham at 14:00 hrs. & 21:00 hrs. to reach Howrah at 16:30 hrs. & 23:30 hrs. respectively.
- Sealdah – Krishnanagar City EMU Special will leave Sealdah at 08:20 hrs. & 09:50 hrs. to reach Krishnanagar City at 10:35 hrs. & 12:05 hrs. respectively and Krishnanagar City – Sealdah EMU Special will leave Krishnanagar City at 16:50 hrs. & 21:00 hrs. to reach Sealdah at 19:15 hrs. & 23:35 hrs. respectively.
- These EMU special trains will stop at all stations enroute.
Continuation of Restrictions in Running of Local/Suburban/EMU Services :- Eastern Railway announced on 28.08.2022 that as advised by State Government, present restriction in running of Locals/Suburbans/EMU train will remain in force till further advice. Other Coaching trains/Mail-Express trains/Long distance passenger trains/Parcel trains /Freight trains will run as per schedule.
Local/Suburban/EMU Services Normally From 05:00 Hrs. To 24:00 Hrs : Eastern Railway announced on 15.02.2022 that as advised by State Government, all Locals/Suburbans/EMU train will run normally from 05:00 hrs. to 24:00 hrs. with 75% seating capacity. This restriction will remain in force upto 28.02.2022. Other Coaching trains/Mail-Express trains/Long distance passenger trains/Parcel trains /Freight trains will run as per schedule. Passengers are requested to maintain all COVID-19 related protocols and all necessary safety measures, e.g., wearing of mask, social distancing etc. strictly.
LOCAL TRAIN RESTORATION BY ER : 980 ER’S SUBURBAN TRAIN SERVICES from 31-10-2021 : Eastern Railway announced that ER will runs Sealdah and Howrah stations, and mostly caters to suburban lines connecting these two divisions, will run 634 services along Sealdah and 350 along Howrah on Sunday. From, Monday, ER will follow weekday schedule – with around 800 trains on the Sealdah line and 380 from Howrah.
Kolkata ER Suburban Train Time Table 08.08.2021 ~ Download
Kolkata ER Suburban Train Time Table 01.07.2021 ~ Download
Note: The Staff Specials depicted in the above matrices are based on the actual path of services mentioned in WTT-2019. Guards are directed to follow the timings of respective trains in WTT-2019.
Summary of Kolkata Suburban Services from 11.11.2020
Kolkata ER Suburban Train Time Table 2019 ~ Download
Kolkata Suburban Train Train Time Table are following
You can download the Kolkata Public Suburban Time Table of 2019 here:- Kolkata : Suburban Time Table of 2019
Kolkata SER Suburban Train Time Table ~ Download
RESTORATION OF MEMU TRAINS : South Eastern Railway announced that SER has decided to restore the following MEMU train services as per the schedule given below:-
- Train Nos.08659/08658 Adra-Asansol-Adra MEMU Passenger Special
- Train No.08659 Adra-Asansol MEMU will leave Adra daily at 08.45 hrs w.e.f 05.03.2022 and will reach Asansol at 09.55 hrs. In the return direction, 08658 Asansol-Adra MEMU will depart Asansol daily at 10.15 hrs w.e.f 05.03.2022 and will reach Adra at 11.25 hrs.
- Train Nos.18033/18034 Howrah-Ghatsila-Howrah MEMU Express
- Train No.18033 Howrah-Ghatsila MEMU will leave Howrah daily (except Saturday) w.e.f 06-03-2022 at 10:05 hrs and will reach Ghatsila at 13:55 hrs. In the return direction, 18034 Ghatsila-Howrah MEMU will depart Ghatsila daily (except Saturday) w.e.f. 06-03-2022 at 14.10 hrs and will reach Howrah at 18:10 hrs.
LOCAL TRAIN RESTORATION BY SER : 146 SER’S SUBURBAN TRAIN SERVICES from 15-11-2021 : South Eastern Railway, immediately on receipt of the directives of Govt. of West Bengal, decided to restore the service of local trains in phase wise manner keeping in view safety parameters, crew requirements, rake linking etc. In the First Phase, services of 48 Suburban Locals were resumed w.e.f. 31st October, 2021 and subsequently by 8th November, services of altogether 104 Suburban Locals were restored. Now SER has planned to increase the local train services from 104 to 146 by 15th November, 2021. Out of these, 72 suburban trains will run in up direction and 74 trains will run in down direction. Details of 146 suburban services already resumed/ to be resumed are as under:
|UP Direction||Down Direction|
|From – To||No. of EMU Service to be restored w.e.f. 15/11/2021||From – To||No. of EMU Service to be restored w.e.f. 15/11/2021|
|Santragachi – Panskura||02||Panskura – Santragachi||02|
|Howrah -Amta||07||Panskura – Howrah||20|
|Howrah – Haldia||03||Meeheda – Howrah||04|
|Howrah – Kharagpur||09|
Bagnan – Howrah
|Howah-Mecheda||05||Amta – Howrah||07|
|Shalimar-Mecheda||02||Kharagpur – Howrah||10|
|Santragachi-Mecheda||02||Haldia – Howrah||03|
|Panskura-Digha||01||Digha – Panskura||01|
|Mecheda-Digha||01||Santragachi – Shalimar||03|
|Shalimar-Santragachi||02||Digha – Meeheda||01|
|Howrah – Balichak||01||Mecheda-Santragachi||01|
|Santragachi – Amta||01||Balichak – Howrah||01|
|Panskura – Haldia||01||Amta – Santragachi||01|
|Howrah – Uluberia||01||Mecheda – Shalimar||01|
|Haldia – Panskura||01|
|Uluberia – Howrah||01|
104 SER’S SUBURBAN TRAIN SERVICES from 08-11-2021
South Eastern Railway announced that SER, immediately on receipt of the directives of Govt. of West Bengal, decided to restore the service of local trains in phase wise manner keeping in view safety parameters, crew requirements, rake linking etc. In the First Phase, services of 48 Suburban Locals have been resumed w.e.f. 31st October, 2021. These suburban trains are already plying in Howrah-Kharagpur-Midnapur, Shalimar-Santragachi, Panskura-Haldia, Santragachi-Amta and Tamluk-Digha Sections of Kharagpur Division of SER. Further, to serve the suburban passengers, SER has decided to restore more local train services in phase wise manner. SER has planned to increase the local train services from 48 to 104 by 8th November, 2021. Out of these, 51 suburban trains will run in up direction and 53 trains will run in down direction. SER’s local train services will be increased to 147 subsequently.
Details of 104 suburban services already resumed/ to be resumed are as under:
|UP Direction||Down Direction|
|From – To||No. of EMU Service to be restored w.e.f. 08/11/2021||From – To||No. of EMU Service to be restored w.e.f.08/11/2021|
|Santragachi – Panskura||01||Panskura – Santragachi||01|
|Howrah -Amta||06||Panskura – Howrah||12|
|Howrah – Haldia||02||Meeheda – Howrah||03|
|Howrah – Kharagpur||06|
Bagnan – Howrah
|Howah-Mecheda||03||Amta – Howrah||06|
|Shalimar-Mecheda||01||Kharagpur – Howrah||07|
|Santragachi-Mecheda||02||Haldia – Howrah||02|
|Panskura-Digha||01||Digha – Panskura||01|
|Mecheda-Digha||01||Santragachi – Shalimar||02|
|Shalimar-Santragachi||01||Digha – Meeheda||01|
|Howrah – Balichak||01||Mecheda-Santragachi||01|
|Balichak – Howrah||01|
48 SER’S SUBURBAN TRAIN SERVICES from 31-10-2021
South Eastern Railway announced that in accordance with the advisory issued by the Govt. of West Bengal, it has been decided by South Eastern Railway to restore its Suburban/EMU locals in a phased manner plying in Howrah-Kharagpur-Midnapur, Shalimar-Santragachi, Panskura-Haldia, Santragachi-Amta and Tamluk-Digha Sections over Kharagpur Division w.e.f. 31st October, 2021.
From 31st October, 2021, services of total 48 EMU Locals (23 in Up Direction and 25 in Down Direction) will be restored. Details of train services to be restored from 31/10/2021 in Up and Down directions are as under:
|UP Direction||Down Direction|
|From – To||No. of EMU Service to be restored w.e.f. 31/10/2021||From – To||No. of EMU Service to be restored w.e.f.31/10/2021|
|Santragachi – Panskura||01||Mecheda-Howrah||02|
|Howrah – Haldia||02||Amta-Howrah||02|
|Howrah – Kharagpur||02||Kharagpur-Howrah||03|
Apart from the above, 08061/08062 Howrah-Jaleswar-Howrah MEMU Passenger will also be restored w.e.f. 31st October, 2021.
Details of Local Train Services from 11 Nov 2020
Kolkata : Major Train Block
Gangasagar Mela : EMU Train Arrangements Upto 17.01.2023
Eastern Railway announced that to clear the anticipated rush of pilgrims during Ganga Sagar Mela 2023, 12 No. of galloping EMU Mela Special trains will be run and three existing EMU locals will be extended in Sealdah / Kolkata Terminal – Lakshmikantapur – Namkhana section for 6 days I.e. on 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17.01.2023 as under:-
Chandanpur, Kamarkundu and Baruipara : Cancellation of Kolkata Local Trains
Eastern Railway announced that to avoid bunching due to post non-interlocking work at Chandanpur, Kamarkundu and Baruipara, following EMU locals will remain cancelled from 29.12.2022 to 12.01.2023 as under :
- From Howrah : 36827, 36083, 36011, 36071
- From Masagram : 36084
- From Barddhaman : 36840
- From Gurap : 36072
- From Baruipara : 36012
Singur – Nalikul Section : Traffic and Power Block Upto 20.01.2023
Eastern Railway announced that due to ongoing Power & Traffic block on Down line between Singur and Nalikul stations of Howrah Division, the following trains which was earlier cancelled upto 31.12.2022 for single line working between Singur & Nalikul, will remain cancelled upto 20.01.2023:-
- From Howrah: 37307, 37319, 37305, 37327, 37343.
- From Haripal: 37308.
- From Tarakeswar: 37330, 37338, 37348, 37412, 37416.
- From Seoraphuli: 37411, 37415.
- From Singur: 37306.
Kolkata Suburban Trains : Helpline Numbers
South Eastern Railway announced that with a view to ensure better security of lady passengers travelling on Howrah-Kharagpur-Midnapur suburban section of South Eastern Railway during night hours (from 20:00 hrs. to 24:00 hrs.), the RPF Team of SER, under the guidance of Sri D B Kasar, IG-cum-Principal Chief Security Commissioner has devised a new security initiative, ‘Convoy Night Falcon’.
The procedure is as follows:
- The lady passengers requiring immediate help may call on Mobile number 9002081727.
- Lady RPF personnel will provide a google link through which the said lady passenger can join the convoy of around 12-14 lady RPF staff posted at Howrah, Santragachi, Uluberia, Mecheda, Panskura, Balichak, Kharagpur & Midnapur and also mobile lady RPF team.
- They all will be visible to each other, the passenger can show the inside situation of the coach.
- If required, RPF staff will attend.
- The lady passenger can continue with the convoy till she feels secure or till she reaches her destination station.
Joining of lady passengers with the RPF convoy of 12-14 lady staff spread over the entire suburban jurisdiction will provide a sense of security and psychological comfort. The online availability of security help and immediate presence of RPF will act as deterrent to the nuisance creators/criminal minded persons.
Kolkata ~ UTS Mobile App for Suburban and Non-Suburban Trains
UTS On Mobile App Resumed For Non-Suburban Passenger Trains by ER ~ 01.03.2021
- Applicable for originating and terminating stations within Eastern Railway Zone.
- Not applicable for fully reserved Mail/Express Trains.
- Season Tickets will also be issued for unreserved passenger trains.
Eastern Railway announced that the Unreserved ticketing service through UTS on Mobile app in non-suburban sections of Eastern Railway has been resumed from 01.03.2021 in a restricted mode. After enabling this app, passengers can get access to purchase tickets in the following manner:-
- This facility is applicable for Eastern Railway jurisdiction only i.e. both originating and terminating stations within Eastern Railway Zone.
- Mail/Express tickets will not be issued through this app as unreserved accommodation is not yet allowed in Mail/Express trains.
UTS On Mobile App Reintroduced in Suburban Sections of ER ~ 06.01.2021
Eastern Railway announced that for the convenience of passengers, the ‘UTS on Mobile App’ has been made functional from 06.01.2021 for purchase of suburban journey ticket for ER and SER.
‘UTS on mobile’ app facilitates passengers to avoid the queue in front of the ticket booking counters and purchase a ticket through the digital mode conveniently. Passengers have to download the app from Google Play Stores etc. and activate it on their mobile phones to purchase tickets for local trains in the suburban section as of now. The app provides ease of purchasing tickets to lakhs of daily passengers availing a commute in the suburban trains. As was expected, it soon achieved popularity amongst the passengers through the use of a contactless digital ticketing facility. This also enables a passenger to follow the guidelines of maintaining physical distancing in the station premises as per COVID health & hygiene protocols of Govt. of India.
Eastern Railway urges all the passengers to opt for ‘UTS on Mobile’ app for purchasing tickets for local trains in the suburban section for the hassle-free journey and to avail 5% bonus on recharge value. on recharge of Rs.100/- Passengers can purchase tickets worth Rs.105/-.
SER Resumes Unreserved Ticketing Through UTS on Mobile App in Suburban Section ~ 06.01.2021
South Eastern Railway announced that to provide the facility of touch-less unreserved ticketing to the passengers of Suburban areas, South Eastern Railway has resumed UTS-ON-MOBILE APP for journey within the suburban areas from today (06.01.2021).
- Passengers of SER can now book daily tickets, return tickets and season tickets through this digital mean using this App for journey within the suburban areas of SER.
- This will not only lessen the crowd at counters and ATVMs but also will give an additional mean to get tickets without going to the counter thereby maintaining the covid health protocols of Govt of India.
- UTS on Mobile was already quite successful within the suburban areas prior to lockdown phases and it is expected to get back that popularity amongst passengers soon through the use of this digital ticketing facility.
Kolkata ~ Circular Railway
REGULATION OF CIRCULAR RAILWAY TRAINS FOR IMMERSION OF GODDESS SARASWATI IDOLS
Eastern Railway announced that to facilitate immersion of idols of Goddess Saraswati, Circular Railway train services will be regulated from 16:00 hrs. on 27.01.2023 (Friday), 28.01.2023 (Saturday) and 29.01.2023 (Sunday). Consequently, following arrangement in train running has been made:
- 03 (Three) pairs of Circular Railway EMU local will be short terminated at/short originated from Kolkata station.
- 2 (Two) nos. of Circular Railway EMU local will be short originated from Sealdah (North) station.
- 2 (Two) nos. of Circular Railway EMU local will be diverted & short terminated at Sealdah (North) station.
- 1 (One) pair of Circular Railway EMU local will be short terminated at/short originated from Ballygunge station.
- 1 (One) pair of Circular Railway EMU local will be diverted via Kankurgachhi Road Jn-Ballygunge route and short terminated at/short originated from Ballygunge station.
- 1 (One) pair of Circular Railway EMU local will be short terminated at/short originated from Majerhat station.
- Besides, 1 (One) no. of Circular Railway EMU local will be diverted via Kankurgachhi Road Jn – Ballygunge route.
REGULATION OF CIRCULAR RAILWAY TRAIN SERVICES FOR FACILITATING HOLY BATH on ‘MAKAR SANKRANTI’ IN THE RIVER GANGES
Eastern Railway announced that for facilitating Holy bath in the river Ganges on the occasion of “Makar Sankranti”, morning services of Circular Railway trains will be controlled on 14.01.2022 (Friday). Accordingly, the following arrangements in train running have been made:-
- Four pairs of Circular Railway EMU locals will be short terminated at/originated from Tala station.
- Two pairs will be diverted to terminate at/originate from Sealdah (North)
- Two trains will be diverted via Kankurgachi – Ballygunge route to Majerhat and two trains will be diverted via Ballygunge – Dumdum Jn. route from Majerhat.
- One pair will be diverted to terminate at/originate from Ballygunge.
- One pair Circular Railway local short terminate at/originated from Ballygunge and diverted via Ballygunge-Kankurgachi.
- One pair Circular Railway local will remain cancelled on that day.
Circular Train Time Table
|Train Name||Source||Departure Time||Destination||Arrival Time|
|Hashnabad Local||Princep Ghat||9:20 AM||Hashnabad||12:25 PM|
|Barasat Local||Princep Ghat||10:20 AM||Barasat||11:45 AM|
|Naihati Local||Princep Ghat||11:05 AM||Naihati||12:50 PM|
|Eden Gardens Dum Dum Local||Princep Ghat||11:46 AM||Dum Dum||12:30 PM|
|Hashnabad Local||Princep Ghat||12:32 PM||Hashnabad||3:38 PM|
|Barasat Local||B.B.D.Bag||1:17 PM||Barasat||2:22 PM|
|Duttapukur Local||Princep Ghat||4:55 PM||Duttapukur||6:28 PM|
|Habra Local||Princep Ghat||5:33 PM||Habra||7:34 PM|
|Ranaghat Local||Princep Ghat||6:28 PM||Ranaghat||9:17 PM|
|Barrackpore Local||Princep Ghat||7:05 PM||Barrackpore||8:17 PM|
|Barrackpore Local||Princep Ghat||7:42 AM||Barrackpore||8:50 AM|
|Gede Local||Gede||5:18 AM||Princep Ghat||9:20 AM|
|Bongaon Local||Bongaon||7:25 AM||Princep Ghat||9:48 AM|
|Kalyani Simanta Local||Kalyani Simanta||8:18 AM||Eden Gardens||10:13 AM|
|Barrackpore Local||Barrackpore||9:30 AM||Princep Ghat||10:48 AM|
|Hashnabad Local||Hashnabad||8:18 AM||Princep Ghat||11:28 AM|
|Bongaon Local||Bongaon||9:40 AM||Princep Ghat||11:55 AM|
|Naihati Local||Naihati||3:15 PM||Princep Ghat||4:45 PM|
|Barasat Local||Barasat||3:55 PM||Princep Ghat||5:18 PM|
|Naihati Local||Naihati||4:15 PM||Princep Ghat||6:00 PM|
|Barrackpore Local||Barrackpore||5:25 PM||Princep Ghat||6:50 PM|
|Dankuni Local||Dankuni||6:10 PM||Princep Ghat||7:32 PM|
PASSENGER Latest Special trains List BY ER & SER
Updated : 03.08.2022
EMU SPECIAL TRAIN FOR GAZI SHAHEB’S SANDAL MELA NEAR GHUTIARI SHARIF
To clear the anticipated rush of the religious festival of Gazi Shaheb’s Sandal Mela near Ghutiari Sharif station of Sonarpur – Canning section, Eastern Railway’s Sealdah Division will run one pair of EMU Special train between Sealdah & Ghutiari Sharif stations in the night of 03/04.08.2022. Sealdah – Ghutiari Sharif EMU Special will leave Sealdah at 23:50 hrs. on 03.08.2022 to reach Ghutiari Sharif at 00:45 hrs. (Midnight) on the next day and Ghutiari Sharif – Sealdah EMU Special will leave Ghutiari Sharif at 03:50 hrs. on 04.08.2022 to reach Sealdah at 04:50 hrs. on the same day.
The EMU Special will stop at all stations enroute except New Garia station in both directions.
Updated : 12.07.2022
SHRAVANI MELA : EMU SPECIAL TRAINS at TARAKESWAR
Kolkata Railway announced that to cope up with the expected excessive rush of pilgrims during Shravani Meal at Tarakeswar, 06 pairs EMU special trains will run in addition of present services on all Sundays, Mondays and other festive days during Shravani Mela, i.e. on 13.07.2022 (Guru Purnima), 17.07.2022, 18.07.2022, 24.07.2022, 25.07.2022, 31.07.2022, 01.08.2022, 07.08.2022, 08.08.2022, 12.08.2022 (Rakhi Purnima), 14.08.2022 & 15.08.2022.
02 pairs EMU special will run from Howrah to Tarakeswar and another 04 pairs will run from Sheoraphuli to Tarakeswar as follows:-
- Howrah – Tarawkeswar EMU Special trains will leave Howrah at 04:05 hrs. & 12:50 hrs. to reach Tarakeswar at 05:35 hrs. & 14:20 hrs. respectively and Tarawkeswar – Howrah EMU Special trains will leave Tarawkeswar at 10:55 hrs. & 21:17 hrs. to reach Howrah at 12:30 hrs. & 22:45 hrs. respectively.
- Tarakeswar – Sheoraphuli EMU Special trains will leave Tarakeswar at 05:55 hrs., 08:10 hrs., 14:50 hrs. & 18:40 hrs. to reach Sheoraphuli at 06:45 hrs., 09:03 hrs., 15:40 hrs. & 19:30 hrs. respectively and Sheoraphuli – Tarakeswar EMU Special trains will leave Sheoraphuli at 06:55 hrs., 09:20 hrs., 16:20 hrs. & 19:40 hrs. to reach Tarakeswar at 07:45 hrs., 10:15 hrs., 17:10 hrs. & 20:30 hrs. respectively.