Kisan Rail by Indian Railway
Indian Railways have started Kisan Rail with a motive to encourage the villagers and farmers. Kisan Rail will ensure that agro-products reach from one corner to another corner of the country. Under the Indian Railway’s Kisan Rail Project, potential circuits for movement of vegetables, fruits and other perishables are being identified in consultation with Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and Agriculture/Animal Husbandry/Fisheries Departments of State Governments. The assessment is being done on the basis of seasonal availability of these items for both way traffic, so as to obtain efficiency and economies of scale.
Under the Kisan Rail Project, two train services viz. Devlali and Kolhapur (Maharashtra) to Muzaffarpur (Bihar), and Anantapur (Andhra Pradesh) to Adarsh Nagar (Delhi) are already operational. Another service from Yeshwanthpur (Karnataka) to Nizamuddin (Delhi) will become operational very soon. Following are the details of Kisan Rail by Indian Railway.
- Grant of 50% Subsidy to Kisan Rail Trains
- Orange Kisan Rail: Nagpur-Adarsh Nagar Delhi Kisan Rail
- Link Kisan Rail: Sangola-Secunderabad-Solapur : Weekly Link Kisan Rail
- First Kisan Rail: Devlali – Danapur: First Kisan Rail
- Second Kisan Rail: Anantapur (Andhra Pradesh) – Adarsh Nagar (New Delhi): South India’s First “Kisan Rail”
- Third Kisan Rail: KSR Bengaluru – H.Nizzamuddin: Kisan Rail Special Trains
Orange Kisan Rail : Nagpur-Adarsh Nagar Delhi
Indian Railway flagged off the inaugural run of Orange Kisan Rail from Nagpur to Adarsh Nagar Delhi on 14.10.2020. The details of the inaugural run of Orange Kisan Rail were as under-
- Train no 00101 Weekly Kisan Rail Nagpur depart at 18.00 hrs arrive Adarsh Nagar Delhi at 15.40 hrs next day. Inaugural Orange Kisan Rail left at 18.10 hrs on 14.10.2020.
- Train no 00102 Weekly Kisan Rail depart Adarsh Nagar Delhi at 10.00 hrs on 16.10.2020 arrive Nagpur at 04.40 hrs next day.
- The regular service of Orange Kisan Rail will be notified in due course.
- This train will have 10 parcel vans and one luggage cum brake van.
- This Kisan Rail covers a distance of 1106 kms approx. in 20 hrs on a single trip. The train will halt at Katol, Narkhed, Pandhurna, Betul, Itarsi and Jhansi.
Grant of 50% Subsidy to Kisan Rail Trains
Grant of 50% Subsidy to Kisan Rail trains, under ‘Operation Greens – TOP to Total’ by Ministry of Food Processing industries.
Sangola-Secunderabad-Solapur : Weekly Link Kisan Rail
Central Railway announced that due to overwhelming demand, Central Railway has decided to run link Kisan Rail from Sangola to Secunderabad and Secunderabad to Solapur on weekly basis with effect from 01.10.2020. This link Kisan Rail will be attached/detached to Train no 00759/00760 Secunderabad-Howrah Parcel Train at Secunderabad. The details are as under:
- Train No.00121 Link Kisan Rail will depart Sangola every Thursday at 11.00 hrs from 01.10.2020 to 24.12.2020 and reach Secunderabad at 20.00 hrs same day.
- Train No.00122 Link Kisan Rail will depart Secunderabad every Monday at 23.45 hrs from 05.10.2020 to 28.12.2020 and arrive Solapur at 06.00 hrs next day.
Solapur and Wadi
Five parcel vans and one luggage cum Guard’s brake van.
Note : No passengers will be allowed to enter/board these trains.
KSR Bengaluru – H.Nizamuddin : Kisan Rail Trains
Karnataka’s first-ever Kisan Rail will be operated on 19.09.2020. The train will be between KSR Bengaluru and H. Nizamuddin on 19.09.2020 and between H.Nizamuddin-Bengaluru on 22.9.2020. Details are attached.
Anantapur (Andhra Pradesh) – Adarsh Nagar (New Delhi): South India’s First “Kisan Rail”
South India’s First “Kisan Rail” and Indian Railway’s second Kisan Rail was flagged off from Anantapur (Andhra Pradesh) to Adarsh Nagar (New Delhi) today i.e. 9th September 2020, Railway announced via Press release on 09.09.2020.
Main Features of the Second Kisan Rail
- The newly introduced Kisan Rail starts from Anantapur Railway Station in Andhra Pradesh and reaches Adarsh Nagar Station, New Delhi.
- The rake is loaded with 14 parcel vans – 04 vans load meant for Nagpur and another 10 Vans load for Adarsh Nagar – totalling 332 tonnes.
- The inaugural Kisan Rail loaded with Tomato, Bananas, Sweet Orange, Papaya, Muskmelons and Mangoes.
- The train provides fast transport connectivity between Anantapur to New Delhi with a distance of 2150 Km being covered in approximately 40 hours.
- Anantapur is fast becoming the Fruit Bowl of Andhra Pradesh. More than 80% of the 58 lakh MT of fruits and vegetables in the district is marketed out of the state, particularly to the north Indian States of Delhi, UP, Punjab and Haryana among others. Earlier this was being transported by roadways which were not only time taking but also leading to a reduction in price realisation of the farmers due to en route damages. Transportation by railway provides safe, reliable and fast transportation which will aid in better price realisation for the farmers and thereby helping in better incomes for the farmers and traders.
Devlali – Danapur : First Kisan Rail
As announced in the Budget 2020 – 2021, railway start timetabled “Kisan Rail” in order to provide a seamless supply chain of agricultural and perishable produce. Ministry of Railways introduced the first Kisan Rail from Devlali to Danapur on 07.08.2020. Further details are following.
Ministry of Railways has introduced the first Kisan Rail to run from Devlali to Danapur on 07.08.2020. This train further from Danapur extended up to Muzaffarpur and also increased frequency from weekly to 3 days in a week as a result of good response from the farmers taking advantage to send their produce to the distant places of Northern India.
- Kisan Rail will be game changer in ensuring a fast transportation of agriculture produce across the nation. Indian Railways have been maintaining food grains supply chain during Covid 19 times.
- This train will serve as a milestone in doubling Farmers’ income. The Kisan Rail will provide a good market to the farmers for their produce.
- The Bhusaval Division of Central Railway is primarily an Agro based area, where there is a huge produce of vegetables (especially onions), fruits, flowers and other agro products and there is a huge demand for these produce in the Patna-Allahabad- Katni- Satna region. Aggressive marketing is being done by Central Railway with co-ordination of local farmers, businessmen and APMC so that maximum farmers can benefit.
- Indian Railways aims to help double farmers’ income with the launch of Kisan Rail.
- This train will help in bringing perishable agricultural products like vegetables, fruits to the market in a short period of time.
- The train with frozen containers is expected to build a seamless national cold supply chain for perishables, inclusive of fish, meat and milk.
- Train no 00107 Devlali – Danapur Weekly Kisan Rail will depart Devlali at 11.00 hrs every Friday and reach Danapur at 18.45 hrs next day.
- Train no 00108 Danapur – Devlali Weekly Kisan Rail will depart Danapur at 12.00 noon every Sunday and will reach Devlali at 19.45 hrs next day.
- This train will have 10 parcel vans and one luggage cum brake van.
- Kisan Rail will cover a distance of 1519 kms in 31.45 hrs on a single trip.
- This train has been provided scheduled halts at Nasik Road, Manmad, Jalgaon, Bhusaval, Burhanpur, Khandwa, Itarsi, Jabalpur, Satna, Katni, Manikpur, Prayagraj Chheoki, Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Nagar and Buxar.
Freight per Tonne
|Nasik Road/Devlali to Danapur||Rs. 4001|
|Manmad to Danapur||Rs. 3849|
|Jalgaon to Danapur||Rs. 3513|
|Bhusawal to Danapur||Rs. 3459|
|Burhanpur to Danapur||Rs. 3323|
|Khandwa to Danapur||Rs. 3148|
Indian Railways have earlier run single commodity special trains like Banana Specials etc. But this will be the first ever multi commodity trains and will carry fruits like Pomegranate, Banana, Grapes etc and vegetables like Capsicum, Cauliflower, Drumsticks, Cabbage, Onion,Chillies etc. Aggressive marketing is being done with local farmers, loaders, APMC and individuals. Demand is being aggregated. It is expected that the train will be patronised well and will be a great help to the farmers, as freight of this train will be charged as per parcel tariff of normal train (P Scale).
Interested parties can contact Parcel Depots
- Senior Divisional Commercial Manager, Bhusaval – 7219611950
- Deputy Chief Commercial Manager, Freight Services – 8828110963
- Assistant Commercial Manager, Freight Services – 8828110983
- Chief Commercial Inspector, Freight Services – 7972279217