KALKA – SHIMLA TOY TRAIN
Kalka-Shimla toy train in Himachal Pradesh is a popular way of reaching Shimla, which is a famous tourist place. The railway was completed in 1903 and provides one of the most picturesque train journeys in India. It runs for 96 kilometres (60 miles) through 20 railway stations, 103 tunnels, 800 bridges, and an incredible 900 curves. On 8 July 2008, ✅ UNESCO added the Kalka–Shimla railway to the mountain railways of India World Heritage Site. With the passage of time, the train journey between Kalka – Shimla has become more convenient. Luxurious coaches and trains have been introduced in making KLk-SML rail journey more memorable.
- Kalka – Shimla Trains ~ NEWS Updates
- Kalka – Shimla Toy Train: Special/ Holiday Special/ Daily Train Details
- Kalka – Shimla Toy Train : Retiring Room
- Kalka – Shimla Toy Train : Timetable
- Kalka – Shimla Toy Train: How to book
- Kalka-Shimla Toy Train: Indian Railway Route Map
- Kalka – Shimla Railway: Salient Feature
- Kalka-Shimla Toy Train: Tariff for Special Coaches
Kalka – Shimla Trains ~ NEWS Updates
Kalka – Shimla Festival Special Trains started: The festival special train between Kalka and Shimla started operations from 21st October 2020 after seven months. This will enhance ease of movement and provide a big boost to the tourism and hospitality sector.
- Hop-on-Hop-off services was introduced on Kalka – Shimla section from 25.10.2018 for convenience of rail passengers ‘esp. Tourist passengers. This facilitates tourists to board/de-board any station on the section on a single ticket.
- Joy – ride Train service was introduced between Shimla – Shoghi -Shimla as tourist attraction for the holiday season between Jan – February 2017.
- Introduction of Vistadome Coaches:- To enhance the tourist appeal on this scenic railway section, Northern Railway will be introducing the see-through Vistadome Coach (Glass Dome). This Coach with seating capacity of 36 having glass roof, modified windows and air conditioning system will comprise of designer LED lights, window blinds and cushioned wooden interiors. This special and aesthetically – designed Vistadome AC coach CT-15 also known as Nihaar, is a firs-of-its-kind in this Kalka – Shimla Railway section.
Following are the details of Kalka – Shimla Toy Train Services.
Kalka – Shimla Toy Train : Specials/ Holiday Special/ Daily Train Details
Extension of periodicity of Kalka-Shimla Express Special train
Northern Railway announced that Kalka-Shimla Express Special train timing extended, details are attached.
Kalka – Shimla Toy Trains Daily
New Him Darshan Express with Vistadome Coaches From Kalka
Indian Railways on 25.12.2019 unveiled Him Darshan Express with Vistadome coaches from Kalka railway station to Shimla. This special train will commute between the Kalka and Shimla station for the next one year till December 24, 2020.
Commuters travelling in Him Darshan Express will enjoy the beautiful scenic view of the Himalayas as the train will have swanky Vistadome AC coaches with glass roof. Modified in carriage and wagon depot at Kalka, this is a first-of-its-kind train on the Kalka-Shimla route. Him Darshan Express will be the first-ever train with Vistadome coaches by the Indian Railways that will run on a regular basis.
- The train will have seven coaches including one first-class sitting cum luggage room coach (FCZLR) and six first class AC Vistadom coaches.
- With the new modern design, the Vistadome coaches will feature top modified windows and air conditioning system.
- The train is having modern windows and LED bulbs.
- Along with the new window blinds, there will be cushioned wooden interiors for a comfortable journey.
- Each Vistadome coach will have a seating capacity of 15 persons, including five window seats on both sides.
- The first-class coach can accommodate 14 passengers.
- The train will follow the concept of individual seat charter services via Passenger Reservation System (PRS) and various other online modes.
- It will take ✅ 5 hours 25 minutes to complete one-way journey.
- Him Darshan Express will start its journey from Kalka station at ✅ 7 am, the train will reach Shimla at ✅ 12.55 pm.
- While returning, the train will leave Shimla at ✅ 3.50 pm and reach Kalka at ✅ 9.15 pm.
- Customers will have to pay ✅ ₹630 to travel from Kalka to Shimla in Him Darshan Express with Vistadome coaches.
Other Daily Trains between Kalka to Shimla
Kalka to Shimla toy daily trains numbers and timings are following
- Train No.52457 – KLK SML Passenger – Departed at 4:00 AM and arrive at 9:20 AM
- Train No.72451 – Rail Motor Car – Departed at 05:10 AM and arrive at 9:50 AM
- Train No.52451 – Shivalik Deluxe Express Super Fast Express – Departed at 5:30 AM and arrive at 10:15 AM
- Train No.52453 – Kalka Shimla Mail I, II – Departed at 6:00 AM and arrive at 11:05 AM
- Train No.52441 – Holiday Special – I – Departed at 07:00 AM and arrive at 12:10 PM
- Train No.52455 – Kalka – Shimla Express/Himalayan Queen – Departed at 12:10 PM and arrive at 5:20 PM
- Train No.52433 – Holiday Special – II – Departed at 12:45 PM and arrive at 06:10 PM
Shimla to Kalka toy daily train numbers and timings are following
- Train No.52444 – Shimla – Kalka Express/Himalayan Queen – Departed at 09:25 AM and arrive at 03:20 PM
- Train No.52456 – Holiday Special – Departed at 10:35 AM and arrive at 4:10 PM
- Train No.52458 – Shimla – Kalka Express – I,II – Departed at 02:25 PM and arrive at 8:10 PM
- Train No.52442 – Holiday Special – Departed at 03:50 PM and arrive at 09:10 PM
- Train No.72452 – Rail Motor Car – Departed at 04:25 PM and arrive at 09:35 PM
- Train No.52452 – Shivalik Deluxe Super fast Express – Departed at 5:40 PM and arrive at 10:25 PM
- Train No.52454 – Shimla – Kalka Mail I, II – Departed at 06:15 PM and arrive at 11:20 PM
Holiday Special Trains
During Popular Times :- Holiday Specials run during the seasons, from May 1 July 15, September 15 to October 30 and December 15 to January 15. The Rail Motor Car connects the New – Chandigarh – Kalka Himalayan Queen Express.
The Shatabdi – type Shivalik Deluxe Express provides connection to the Howrah – Delhi – Kalka Mail. Breakfast on the outward journey and dinner on the return are provided as complimentarily.
The following are the holiday special trains
- Train No.253 – Depart Kalka at 6:00 and arrive Shimla at 11:05
- Train No.258 – Depart Shimla at 9:25 and Arrive Kalka at 15:15
- Train No.257 – Depart Kalka at 12:30 and arrive Shimla at 18:35
- Train No.254 – Depart Shimla at 15:50 and arrive Kalka at 21:05
Special Trains /Joy Ride on Kalka-Shimla Section from 20.04.2018
Northern Railway announced that Railway has decided to run the Joy Ride train Nos.52448/52447 between Shimla – Shoghi – Shimla and Latest Special trains List 2020 Nos. 52443/52444 and 52445/52446 between Kalka – Shimla – Kalka from 20.04.2018 as per the following programme. Train Nos.52448/52447 Shimla – Shoghi – Shimla Joy Ride Train
- Train No.52448 Shimla – Shoghi Joy Ride Train will depart from Shimla at 12.45 pm to arrive at Shoghiat 01.50 pm. the same day.
- Train No.52447 Shoghi – Shimla Joy Ride Train will depart from Shoghi at 02.20 pm to reach Shimla at 03.30 pm the same day. The Joy Ride train will run from 20.04.2018 in both the directions.
Train Nos.52443/52444 Kalka – Shimla – Kalka Special Train
- Train No.52443 Kalka – Shimla Special train will depart from Kalka at 12.45 pm to arrive at Shimla at 06.25 pm the same day.
- Train No.52444 Shimla – Kalka special train will depart from Shimla at 09.25 am to reach Kalka at 03.20 pm the same day.
Train Nos.52445/52446 Kalka – Shimla – Kalka Special Train
- Train No.52445 Kalka – Shimla Special train will depart from Kalkaat 07.00 am to arrive at Shimla at 12.15 pm the same day.
- Train No.52446 Shimla – Kalka Special train will depart from Shimla at 03.50 pm to reach Kalka at 09.15 pm the same day.
Note: Due to operational reasons, Train Nos.52441/52442 Holiday Special train will not run. Joy Ride Train Nos. 52448/52447 will run on regular basis.
Details of Luxury Trains in Kalka – Shimla route are following :- Coaches and Special Trains
Kalka – Shimla Toy Train : Retiring Room
All the major stations en route Kalka – Shimla Railway, viz, Kalka, Dharampur Himachal, Barog, Solan, Kandaghat, Summer Hill and Shimla have retiring rooms and dormitories which can be booked on a first come first serve basis on payment of prescribed charges. Only those holding a valid ticket for an inward/outward journey are eligible to apply for the use of the Retiring rooms and Dormitory Beds. The booking can be directly done with the respective station Masters.
Kalka – Shimla Toy Train : Timetable
Kalka – Shimla Toy Train New Train Time Table 2021 details are following :-
|KALKA to SHIMLA|
|Sr No.||Train No.||Train Name||From||Dep Time||To||Arr. Time||Remark|
|1||52457||KLK SML PASS||KLK||4||SML||9.2|
|3||52451||SHIVALK DLX EXP||KLK||5.3||SML||10.15|
|4||52453||KALKA SIMLA EXP||KLK||6||SML||11.05||Run in Peak Season only|
|SHIMLA to KALKA|
|Sr No.||Train No.||Train Name||From||Dep Time||To||Arr. Time||Remark|
|2||52458||SML KLK PASS||SML||14.25||KLK||20.1|
|4||52452||SHIVALK DLX EXP||SML||17.4||KLK||22.25||Run in Peak Season only|
|5||52454||SML KLK PASS||SML||18.15||KLK||23.2|
Kalka – Shimla Toy Train : How to book
Kalka Shimla toy train bookings open only one month in advance, not like other trains which open two months in advance. Bookings have to be done in advance especially in summer and winter, as large numbers of tourists are pouring in. During Dussehra holidays, Christmas Eve, and New Year, there is so much rush, it’s better to book your ticket early. The service is available seven days a week. Toy train advance bookings can be done anywhere in India via online through Indian Railways official ticket booking website IRCTC.