IRCTC – Ola tie – up
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has announced a tie-up with cab hailing firm Ola to provide door-to-door transportation service to Indian Railways passengers. Passengers can book the Ola cab through IRCTC Mobile App or directly from Ola Kiosks. Following are the details regarding IRCTC – Ola tie – up.
Ola details : – Ola is an Indian origin online transportation network company.Ola Cabs was founded on 3rd December 2010.
Through this partnership, passengers will now be able to book from a wide range of Ola services such as Ola Micro, Ola Mini, Prime Play, as well as SUVs directly via the IRCTC website and mobile app. Additionally, Ola Autos and Ola share are also part of the deal.
According to IRCTC, the tie-up is a 6-month pilot project that will allow railway passengers to book an Ola cab on the IRCTC Rail connect app and website. Railway commuters can book cabs up to 7 days in advance or even when they arrive at the railway station.
“The IRCTC – Ola partnership will provide first and last-mile connectivity to commuters. The ease of travel of our commuters is of prime importance to us and we believe that this association will help in delivering unparalleled convenience to the users on our platform, fostering and strengthening the culture of Digital India.” an IRCTC spokesperson said, a famous Newspaper reported.
The whole gamut of Ola Cabs – Micro, Mini, Prime Sedan, Prime Play, Auto and Share – will be available for booking at the “same price available directly on the IRCTC Rail Connect App and website”. Apart from this Indian Railways commuters can also book cabs at IRCTC outlets or Ola’s self-serving kiosks.
IRCTC – Ola tie – up – Steps to Follow:-
To book an Ola cab through IRCTC app or website, passengers has to do following steps:-
- Railway commuters have to log on to the IRCTC website or IRCTC Rail Connect App with details.
- After clicking on the services section.
- The commuters can select the ‘Book a Cab’ option.
- The booking will be confirmed, after selecting the preferred cab option.
Details of booking an Ola cab through IRCTC Rail Connect app and IRCTC website:
- First of all, the passenger has to login to IRCTC website/app with credentials
- Then the passenger has to click on the services section and select the service ‘Book a cab’
- On selecting cab booking facility, the passenger will be redirected to OLA’s book.olacabs.com page
- Now the passenger will have to provide his/her pick and drop location
- The passenger will also have the option to choose between an immediate ride or a future ride
- Then the passenger will have to choose the kind of cab service
- Now, the passenger can make the payment to confirm the booking or choose to pay after the ride
Talking about the initiative, IRCTC has said that the partnership will aim to provide last-mile connectivity to commuters. According to IRCTC, from railway tickets and train meals to air tickets and tourism packages and now cabs – people will have multiple reasons to use the website and app when planning travel.
IRCTC – Ola tie – up : OLA Kiosks at Railway Stations
Central Railway announced that Railway started OLA cab/auto booking point at Lokmanya Tilak Terminus. One can book cab/auto without having Ola App or mobile and pay at the end of journey.
South Central Railway announced that Railway started Ola kiosks and zones at Secunderabad and Hyderabad railway stations to solve the last mile connectivity issues of train passengers at Secunderabad Division.