CANCELLATION OF RAILWAY TICKET
There are different methods for cancellation of online tickets. Following are the details.
- PROCEDURE FOR CANCELLATION OF I-TICKETS AND E-TICKETS
- PROCEDURE FOR REFUND/CANCELLATION OF PRS and UTS TICKETS BOOKED THROUGH POS MACHINE
Indian Railway announced through a press release that with a view to facilitate convenient booking of reserved and unreserved tickets by passengers through cashless modes of payment viz. Credit/Debit cards even at the ticket booking counters, it has been decided to install 10,000 POS (Point of Sale) (Swipe) machines at the PRS (Passenger Reservation System) and UTS counters (including Suburban stations).
Following procedure is proposed with regard to cancellation of the tickets booked through POS machines.
PROCEDURE FOR REFUND/CANCELLATION OF PRS and UTS TICKETS BOOKED THROUGH POS MACHINE
Cancellation cum refund procedure for UTS/PRS tickets booked using SBI POS for payment:Refund of PRS/UTS tickets shall be done using the offline process as detailed below:
- The offline process of refund shall be followed in case of tickets booked using SBI POS for payment which means that the refund amount shall be credited to the account of card holder without any need to swipe his card at the time of cancellation at the counter.
- The customer can approach to any counter anywhere for cancellation of ticket booked from SBI POS. Needless to mention that PRS ticket can be cancelled only at any PRS/PRS cum UTS counter and UTS ticket shall be cancelled only at any UTS/PRS cum UTS counter.
- The print of cancelled PRS ticket would have a message indicating that “Electronic Refund” for the information of the customer. The customer may also be informed verbally or through information board that the refund shall be credited to the account of card holder within 7 days.
IRCTC customer care dealing with the refund issues of e-tickets is entrusted with the responsibility to address refund related complaints of tickets issued using POS. IRCTC shall coordinate with SBI, CRIS and concerned Zonal Railways to monitor the processing of refunds on daily basis and to resolve the issues/complaints in expeditious manner.
Cancellation cum refund procedure for PRS tickets issued from POS of other banks.There are around 75 POS machines which were operational at different locations of Indian Railways prior to awarding contract for installing 10,000 POS machines to SBI. The refund is processed through online method in this POS machines, wherein, the customer needs to swipe his credit/debit card at the POS machine at the time of cancellation of the ticket and the due refund amount as fed by the booking/reservation clerk is credited to the account of the card holder. However, this process of refund is possible only at locations having POS machines.
At non POS locations, the Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR) is issued to affect the refund. This procedure shall continue till further advice. However, the refund of the ticket issued using SBI POS shall not be processed by swiping the card on non SBI POS. While cancelling the ticket, the system shall prompt the booking clerk about the POS (SBI or other bank) which was used at the time of booking and advise the booking clerk not to swipe the card.
PROCEDURE FOR CANCELLATION OF I-TICKETS AND E-TICKETS
Most of our viewers keep on asking for a Train Cancel details for Indian Railways. This post is dedicated for them
Indian Railways Train Tickets are divided mainly into 2 types
- IRCTC Website Delivered Train Tickets
- Indian Rail Counter Deliver Train Tickets
To Cancel the IRCTC train tickets you have to log on the www.irctc.co.in website. Then go to the Menu My Transaction – Booked History . Type the Password of your IRCTC login to view the complete IRCTC Train Tickets history. Select the Ticket you wish to cancel and then Go For Cancellation button as specified on the picture.
i-tickets : – This ticket shall be cancelled at the reservation counter and thereafter on online application, due shall be credited to the account from which booking transaction took place. The ticket is sent through courier to the delivery address specified. This is the same as the ticket you get when you buy from a railway booking counter.You cannot cancel this ticket online. You have to queue up at a railway booking counter and produce the ticket and the booking clerk cancels it for you. You have to buy an i – Ticket at least 3 days before the journey date. This time is required because the ticket is physically delivered to the customer’s address.
e-tickets : – This ticket shall be cancelled through internet and the refund of fare shall be credited to the account from which booking transaction took place, after deducting the applicable charges. In case of e-tickets shall be cancelled online or online TDR shall be filed within the time limits prescribed under these rules for obtaining refund. All refund will be processed as per Extant Railway Refund Rules
E-Ticket Cancellation Procedure
- E-Ticket can be cancelled online till preparation of charts and refund will be granted by PRS system as per extant Railway Refund Rules.
- After preparation of charts, the user shall have to file online TDR for claiming refund. The refund case will be decided by Railways. The TDR can be filed by the same user who books the ticket. After receipt of the refund amount from Railway, it shall be credited in the same account through which booking was made through opted payment gateway.
- No refund shall be granted on partially confirmed E-Ticket against which none of the passengers has travelled, if TDR is filed after 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
- No refund shall be granted on Partial RAC/WAITLISTED TICKET against which none of the passengers has travelled, if TDR is filed after 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
- No refund will be granted in case of train running more than three hours late if TDR is filled with this reason after actual departure of the train.
- In case of party e-ticket or family e-ticket issued for travel of more than one passenger, some passengers have confirmed reservation and others are on the list of RAC or waiting list, then in case of passengers or RAC or waiting list not travelling, a certificate shall be obtained from the ticket checking
staff to that effect and refund of fare shall be processed online through TDR, indicating the details of the certificate issued by ticket checking staff and the online TDR shall be filed upto seventy two
- hours of actul arrival of the train at passengers’ destination and the original certificate issued by ticket checking staff shall be sent through post to Group General Manager/IT, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd., Internet Ticketing Centre, IRCA Building, State Entry Road, New Delhi – 110055.
- The cases in which TDR are filed are decided by the Zonal Railway under whose jurisdiction the train destination falls. After receipt of the refund amount from the said Railway, refund amount will be credited back to same account through which payment was made through opted payment Gateway.
- If customer is not able to cancel through web interface before Chart Preparation, customers are requested to send an email from the email ID to email@example.com from their registered e-mail id with IRCTC.
More Details visit
I-Ticket Cancellation Procedure
- The tickets cannot be cancelled online.
- In case no facility of cancellation of RAC ticket or wait-listed ticket is available at the station originating the journey for night trains leaving between 21.00 hours and 06.00 hrs (actual departure), the refund of fare shall be admissible at the station within first 2 hrs after the opening of reservation office.
- In remote and hilly area as identified by the Zonal Railways, with the prior approval of the General Manager and printed in the time table, for night trains leaving between 19.00 hrs and 06.00 hrs (actual departure), the refund shall be admissible at the station within first 2 hrs after the opening of reservation or booking office, in case there is no reservation counters or booking office or current counters available in that area.
- There will be no refund in cash at the PRS counter. IRCTC will credit the refund amount in the same account through which booking was made through opted payment gateway.
- In case TDR has to be obtained for claiming refund, it will be obtained from the Railway Station.
- Prefer the claim for refund to the following address attaching the original copy of the Ticket Deposit Receipt and other documents/certificate etc.,
Group General Manager/IT, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd., Internet Ticketing Centre, IRCA Building, State Entry Road, New Delhi – 110055
- The cases in which TDR are filed are decided by the Zonal Railway under whose jurisdiction the TDR is issued. After receipt of the refund amount from the said Railway, refund amount will be credited back to same account through which payment was made through opted payment Gateway
Also Read : Counter Ticket Cancellation Procedure
More Details visit