Method to avoid IRCTC Service Unavailable Error
I know most of them seen this error while booking the ticket especially at peak time. Here I am mentioning pre-activities or preparation before planning to book any IRCTC ticket booking for getting the confirmed tickets. Method to avoid IRCTC Service Unavailable error.
1. Compatible browser selection and optimizing
IRCTC Supporting Browsers
- Internet Explorer v6.0 and above
- Mozilla Firefox v3.5.5.
- Google Chrome v3.0
- Opera 10.10
- Safari 3.0.2
- Netscape Navigator v126.96.36.199
Please do following things before ticket booking on these browsers which applicable
- Enable java script in Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Delete cookies in Internet Explorer.
- Enable java script in Mozilla Firefox 1.5.x
- Delete cookies in Mozilla.
- Enable java script in Netscape 8.x
- Delete cookies in Netscape Navigator.
- Enable java script in Opera 9.x
- Delete cookies in Opera.
- Delete cookies in Google Chrome.
2. Ready before 7.55 A.M to book a tatkal ticket
Always remember lakhs of people are on the queue to book the ticket. So be patiant until you succeed. Indian railways keep on upgrading the server to book the ticket multiple passengers.
3. Always note the details to book the ticket
Most of the time Service Unavailable Error occured because of the inactivity of the user. So request you to note the travel details like From and Destination of travel, Date of Travel, Train No, ID Proof details etc.
4.Avoid booking between 8 A.M to 9 A.M
Try to plan the travel date before 3 months and book the ticket. When there is a season ticket try to book the ticket on the starting date of release the ticket.
5. Keep in touch with Customer Care
When there is any continuous error occurred contact customer care for the support. Following are the details of Customer care Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone Number (24X7 Hrs.) : 011-39340000
✅ What is the reservation timing on IRCTC?
Online booking of train tickets are allowed from 00:20 am to 11:45 pm (Indian Standard Time) on all days including Sundays.
✅ Can I book IRCTC ticket at night?
The actual maintains of IRCTC takes at midnight. During this time you are not allowed to book the tickets or check the PNR status of any train.
✅ What is the Tatkal Ticket Booking timing of IRCTC?
For Tatkal booking, opening day means one day in advance from date of departure of train from originating station. For e.g.-if train is to depart from originating station on August 22, Tatkal booking will commence at 10.00 AM on August 21.
✅ Can I check my PNR at night?
Checking PNR at midnight is not possible because of the maintains of IRCTC.