IRCTC Private Trains Fare/Booking Details
IRCTC has launched its own trains. These trains have been equipped with many modern facilities such as extensive on-board food and beverage services and on-board infotainment, to ensure passenger comfort. IRCTC Private Trains Fare/Booking details, It’s main features, Cancellation and Refund Rules, Foreign Tourist Quota in IRCTC Private Trains are following.
To professionalise the train services in the next level, Railways have entrusted IRCTC, its commercial tourism and catering arm and a two decade old service organization to operate two premium passenger trains for general public using the AC chair car rakes of Tejas trains.
IRCTC TRAIN :- I. Train Nos. 82502/82501 LUCKNOW – NEW DELHI – LUCKNOW IRCTC TEJAS EXPRESS
IRCTC TRAIN :- II. Train Nos.82902/82901 AHMEDABAD-MUMBAI CENTRAL AHMEDABAD IRCTC TEJAS EXPRESS
IRCTC TRAIN :- III. Train Nos.82403/82401 VARANASI-INDORE IRCTC WEEKLY EXPRESS and Train Nos.82402/82404 VARANASI-INDORE IRCTC BI-WEEKLY EXPRESS
- Features of IRCTC Private Train
- Ticket Booking, Cancellation and Refund Rules for IRCTC Trains
- Group Booking on IRCTC Trains
- Foreign Tourist (FT) Quota Ticket Booking in IRCTC Private Trains
- IRCTC Tejas Train Fare Discount
- Operation Of Private Passenger Trains – Providing World Class Services
Railway Board Chairman Vinod Kumar Yadav said
FEATURES OF IRCTC TRAINS
Main Features of IRCTC Private Trains are following.
- Trains will also be available for booking for on duty and leave travel of personnel of defence forces and Central Paramilitary Forces through their online e-ticketing portals integrated with IRCTC such as CGDA (Controller General of Defence Accounts) portal, CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) and NDRF (National Disaster Rescue Force) Portals, and also to NSG (National Security Guards) etc
- All passengers of the Tejas Express will be provided a free insurance of up to Rs 25 lakh by the IRCTC.
- Meals will be served by the on-board service staff.
- Tea and coffee vending machines will be available in the train.
- Water will be provided on demand through RO machines for passengers. Each coach will be provided with RO water filter in addition to the packaged drinking water bottle for each passenger. Passengers will be served morning welcome tea, breakfast, snacks before de boarding, evening high tea and dinner as per itinerary timings. Details for which will be provided shortly on IRCTC website.
- On Board Shopping Service also available in the train. On board infotainment services will be available in IRCTC trains to the passengers.
- IRCTC is planning to imbibe regional delicacies having local and ethnic cuisines to suit the taste buds of passengers. On board hospitality services will be managed through professional and competent staff from either gender.
- No concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed. But Children below 5 years of age have been exempted from fare and will be booked with their parents. Names of Children so booked will not appear on the chart. Children of age 5 years and above will be booked at full fare and will be provided with a seat.
- It will have modern coaches with state-of-the-art interiors, LED television, call buttons, automatic doors and CCTV cameras.
- On-board ticket checking will be by IRCTC personnel, will not by railway staff.
- Train fare will be dynamic in nature keeping in consideration the prevailing bus, taxi, rail and airfares. Train will have different series of fares for lean, busy and festive seasons. February, March and August months of the calendar year will form the lean season. Further, train fares will be on point to point basis.
- Current Booking will be available to users after preparation of first chart which will normally be 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the trains, up to 5 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
- One air conditioned chair car coach of 78 seats will be available for Group Booking on first cum first served basis. This coach can be booked any time from the opening of booking and up to 5 days in advance of the departure of the train. Booking of a full coach for group will be available completely online to facilitate tourism, corporate travel and other social needs of the public.
- There will be no tatkal quota or premium tatkal quota in these trains. There will be only General Quota and Foreign Tourist Quota. Foreign Tourist Quota of 5 seats in EC and 50 seats in CC will be available for Foreign Tourists.
- In case of cancellation of train, automatic full refund of fare on confirmed and /or waitlisted e-tickets will be made. There will be no need of cancellation of the ticket or filing TDR in such cases.
- High quality food and beverages will be provided to the passengers on board in the train. Food will be compulsory and charges will be collected at the time of ticket booking itself. There will also be provision for separate free coffee and tea vending machines. Service in the train will be done through trolleys similar to airlines.
- Home pick-up and delivery of luggage facility. IRCTC is planning to extend the facility of collecting passengers’ baggage from their homes and deliver to them in the train on their seats and then again from their seats to their destination stay point on payment. Modalities for the same are being worked out with vendors for this purpose. Passengers will be able to travel without worrying for their luggage. Luggage will be insured.
- For the new train, the IRCTC will also extend the facilities of taxi hiring, hotel bookings to passengers who need it. IRCTC will also extend the facilities of taxi hiring, hotel bookings etc on payment to such passengers who need it.
- Wheelchairs facility. Wheel chair will also be provided to passengers on demand.
TICKET BOOKING, CANCELLATION AND REFUND RULES FOR IRCTC TRAINS
IRCTC Private Trains Ticket Booking, Cancellation and Refund Rules are following.
Ticket Booking Rules
The Tejas Express will have an advance reservation period of 60 days only. Other trains are having advance reservation period of 120 days. Tickets for IRCTC Private Trains can be booked through the official website of the IRCTC and through its mobile app “Irctc Rail Connect” only. Ticket booking facility though ticket windows are not available for IRCTC trains.
Ticket Cancellation Rules
E-Ticket booked for IRCTC Trains can be cancelled online and refund will be granted by the
system as per IRCTC Refund Rules, as follows:
Cancellation Charges for Confirmed Tickets
The amount deducted is based on the time of cancellation and the status of your ticket at the time of cancellation. Detailed explanations are given below:
- If a confirmed ticket is cancelled online more than forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train, a minimum per passenger cancellation charges shall be deducted at the flat rate as below:
|Class of Your Ticket||Flat Cancellation Charges per Passenger|
|Executive Class (EC)||₹240/- +GST|
|AC Chair Car (CC)||₹180/- +GST|
- If a confirmed ticket is cancelled online between forty-eight hours (48) and up to twelve (12) hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges will be deducted as follows:
|25%(Twenty Five percent) of the fare subject to the minimum cancellation charge referred to in clause 1(a) plus GST applicable for all AC Classes|
- If a confirmed ticket is cancelled online within twelve (12) hours and up to four hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges will be deducted as follows:
|50%(Fifty percent) of the fare subject to the minimum cancellation charge referred to in clause 1(a) ) plus GST applicable for all AC Classes|
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on the tickets having confirmed reservation in case ticket is not cancelled online or TDR not filed online up to four hours before the scheduled departure of the train
Cancellation Charges for Waitlisted Tickets
- In case a wait-listed ticket is cancelled online, the refund of fare shall be made after deducting the cancellation charge of ₹ 20/- +GST per passenger, if the ticket is cancelled online up to four hours before the Scheduled Departure of the Train.
- If all passengers on a ticket remain on waiting list after first charting, user need not cancel such tickets. Such tickets will be cancelled automatically through the system, and the full refund will be credited back, without deducting any cancellation.
Cancellation Charges for Partially Confirmed Tickets
- In case, on a party e-ticket or a family e-ticket issued for travel of more than one passenger, some passengers have confirmed reservation and others are on waiting list, full refund of fare, less cancellation charge of ₹ 20/- +GST per passenger, shall be admissible for confirmed passengers also subject to the condition that the ticket shall be cancelled online or online TDR shall be filed for all the passengers up to four hours before the Scheduled Departure of the Train.
- In case, on a party e-ticket or a family e-ticket issued for travel of more than one passenger, some passengers have confirmed reservation and others are on waiting list, full refund of fare without deducting cancellation, shall be admissible for confirmed passengers also subject to the condition that the ticket shall be cancelled online or online TDR shall be filed for all the passengers after first charting and up to thirty minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
- In case of party e-ticket or family e-ticket issued for travel of more than one passenger, some passengers have confirmed reservation and others are on the list of waiting list, then in case of passengers in waiting list not travelling, a certificate shall be obtained by travelling passengers from the ticket checking staff to that effect and refund of fare shall be processed online through TDR, indicating the details of the certificate issued by ticket checking staff and the online TDR shall be filed up to seventy-two (72) hours of actual arrival of the train at passengers’ destination and the original certificate issued by ticket checking staff shall be sent through post to Group General Manager/IT, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd., Internet Ticketing Centre, IRCA Building, State Entry Road, New Delhi – 110055
Cancellation Charges for Wait List Tickets Dropped from Charting
- In case of wait-listed e-tickets on which all the passengers are on waiting list even after preparation of reservation chart, names of all such passengers booked on that Passenger Name Record (PNR) will be dropped from the reservation chart and refund of full fare will be credited back to the account from which booking transaction took place, without deducting any cancellation charges.
Cancellation Charges for Full Cancellation of Train (from originating station to destination station)
- In case of full cancellation of trains from source to destination, automatic full refund of fare on confirmed e-tickets will be directly credited back to the account from which booking transaction took place, and online cancellation or filing of TDR is not required in such cases
Cancellation Charges for Partial Cancellation of Train
- In case of partial train cancellation, train diverted, train short terminated etc., TDR is required to be filed online up to Seventy Two Hours of the Scheduled Departure of the Train at Passenger’s Boarding Station.
Cancellation Charges for Train Running More than 3 Hours Late and Passenger not travelled
- No cancellation charge will be levied and full fare will be refunded back to all passengers holding fully or partially confirmed tickets, if the journey is not undertaken due to late running of the train by more than three hours of the scheduled departure of the train from the station commencing journey subject to the condition that:
|Train is running late by more than three hours at the passenger boarding station.|
|TDR is filed online before the actual departure of the train, for availing full refund.|
|All passengers booked on a PNR have not travelled.|
In case the ticket is cancelled, or if the request for refund of fare is filed online after the actual departure of train, No refund of fare will be admissible.
TDR filing for IRCTC Trains (Rules & Validations)
Connecting Train ticket booking not allowed on IRCTC trains. As such no refund is applicable on connecting journey tickets.
TRIP DELAY COVERAGE IN IRCTC TRAINS
Passengers boarding Tejas Express will be eligible for “Trip Delay” coverage, under valid ticket.
Modes of claim intimation:
- By calling the call-center (1800-266-5844)
- By E-mail (email@example.com)
Below mentioned are steps to be followed along with documents requirement for claims settlement.
Trip Delay – Process Flow:
- Confirmed passenger/ customers on Tejas Express will call the Liberty General Insurance Ltd. (LGIL) contact center to intimate claim in case the train is delayed at destination point of passenger/ customer detraining.
- Customer Executive Officer will request the passenger/ customer to provide the PNR details along with Certificate of Insurance (COI) number that was shared by Liberty General Insurance Ltd. on issuance of Certificate of Insurance (COI).
- Additionally, customer executive officer will also inform the passenger/ customer to share documents as mentioned below on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancelled Cheque
- Subject line mentioning PNR and Certificate of Insurance number
- On receipt of data from Contact Centre SPOC / Claim intimation, claim number will be generated.
- On receipt of documents from passenger/ customer through mail on email@example.com claims team will refer the appended data received from IRCTC.
- Claims SPOC will incorporate final document receipt date in the appended data list.
- On confirmation, we shall send a SMS to customer/passenger with the claim number.
- In case documents provided as mentioned above are in order, claims SPOC will approve the claim and incorporate NEFT details along with claim amount approved.
- Claims SPOC will share claims approved list along with claim amount approved for the COI’s processing on a given day with Finance team for claims payment.
- On receipt of details, finance team will upload details in the banking system for claim payments to be paid in T+1 day.
GROUP BOOKING ON IRCTC TRAINS
Salient features of Group Booking on IRCTC trains
- IRCTC is pleased to bring online group booking on its premier Tejas trains to the passengers travelling in groups for attending corporate meetings, marriages, social events etc. Following are salient features of group booking:
- One fully Air-conditioned Chair Car coach of Tejas Rake having 78 seats will be available for group booking to parties. This booking will be done online.
- Train is fully air-conditioned with on board infotainment facilities.
- Morning Tea, Break Fast, Snacks, Dinner, High tea will be served as per the journey timings.
- Each coach is provided with RO Water Filter, Tea, Coffee vending machines.
- The fare for entire coach having a seating capacity of 78 will be charged even if the passenger group is less than 78.
- Group booking is allowed between 60 days and 5 days in advance of journey date.
- Travelling passenger names can be submitted upto 5 days before the journey date.
Terms & Conditions for Group Booking
- Group Booking process will be completely online.
- One complete Air Conditioned Chair Car coach of each rake will be available for Group Booking.
- Fare will be charged for the full run of the train i.e. Lucknow to New Delhi or New Delhi to Lucknow as the case may be, though the parties/ or part of party may also board/de-board the train at Kanpur Central.
- Fare for Group Booking on IRCTC trains will be charged for the full capacity of the coach (78 passengers), irrespective of the number of passengers to be booked by users.
- A security deposit of Rs. 10000/- will also be deposited by the person booking the coach along with Train fare which will be refunded back after satisfactory completion of journey by the party without any damage to IRCTC Train. Refund will be made online. 1.6. Group booking can be done by users up to 5 days before the Date of Journey of train, subject to availability.
- IRCTC will provide Tea/Breakfast/Evening Tea/Dinner as per itinerary of the train.
Cancellation Rules for Group Booking In the event of cancellation of Group Booking by customer, refund of Group Booking Fare will be done subject to the following rules:
- If cancellation of Group Booking is done up to 30 Days before the Date of Journey of the Train (excluding the Date of Journey), refund of Group Booking fare will be made after deducting 25% of the total fare as cancellation charges. Example: For Date of Journey on 15th December, if passenger cancels his booking by 14th November cancellation charges will be deducted as 25% of the total fare.
- If cancellation of Group Booking is done between 30 Days and up to 10 Days before the Date of Journey of the Train (excluding the Date of Journey), refund of Group Booking fare will be made after deducting 50% of the total fare as cancellation charges. Example: For Date of Journey on 15th December, if passenger cancels his booking on any date from 15th November till 4th December, cancellation charges will be deducted as 50% of the total fare.
- If cancellation of Group Booking is done between 10 Days and up to 5 Days before the Date of Journey of the Train (excluding the Date of Journey), refund of Group Booking fare will be made after deducting 70% of the total fare as cancellation charges. Example: For Date of Journey on 15th December, if passenger cancels his booking on any date from 5th December till 9th December, cancellation charges will be deducted as 70% of the total fare.
- If cancellation of Group Booking is done between 5 Days and up to 1 Day before the Date of Journey of the Train (excluding the Date of Journey), refund of Group Booking fare will be made after deducting 80% of the total fare as cancellation charges. Example: For Date of Journey on 15th December, if passenger cancels his booking on any date from 10th December till 13th December, cancellation charges will be deducted as 80% of the total fare.
- No refund will be applicable, if cancellation of Group Booking is done within 1 day before the Date of Journey or on the Date of Journey of the Train. Example: For Date of Journey on 15th December, if passenger cancels his booking on or after 14th December, full fare will be deducted as cancellation charges and NO refund will be admissible.
Group Booking is available on following IRCTC Trains:
- Train No. 82501 IRCTC Lucknow NE (LJN–New Delhi (NDLS) Super Fast Exp.
- Train No. 82502 IRCTC New Delhi (NDLS)-Lucknow NE (LJN) Super Fast Exp.
FOREIGN TOURIST (FT) QUOTA TICKET BOOKING IN IRCTC TRAINS
General Terms and Conditions of IRCTC Private Trains
- Tickets can be booked by the Foreign Tourists well in advance up to 60 days from the date of booking through internet (e-ticket).
- IRCTC will charge Convenience Fees of ₹ 200/- + GST (as applicable) for ticket booking in FT quota, per ticket.
- Payment shall be made only through International Debit/Credit cards.
- For booking the ticket, Passport Number and Nationality of the passenger has to be entered mandatorily.
- An SMS confirming the reservation of the ticket will be sent to the user’s mobile number registered with IRCTC.
- The passenger who has reserved the ticket under FT quota has to carry the original Passport as identity proof, the number of which was entered at the time of booking the ticket. In case the passenger is not able to show the original passport with valid visa, the passenger shall be treated as without ticket and charged penalty equivalent to 3 times the fare of ticket and if passengers fail to pay the penalty, legal action will be taken against the passenger. All passengers booked on a ticket are required to carry their original passport and Visa separately.
- In case of cancellation of tickets booked under FT quota by the passenger, flat 50% of the fare shall be deducted in addition to the cancellation charges. Time limit for granting 50% refund shall be as per extant rules i.e. up to 4 hours before scheduled departure of train, through website only.
- The berth under existing Foreign Tourist Quota (FT) shall be booked on 1.5 times of the normal fare.
- Full adult fare will be charged for all passengers (including child) from and above the age of 5 years.
- No concession is allowed in FT Quota ticketing booking.
- No change in name shall be permissible on FT quota ticket under any circumstances.
- Agents are not allowed to book tickets under FT quota.
- I-ticket booking is not allowed under FT quota.
- Boarding point change is allowed only within ARP period i.e. after allocation of seat/berth.
- ERS printing is allowed only within ARP period i.e. after allocation of seat berth.
- Travel insurance is not allowed for FT quota booking.
- VIKALP facility not allowed for FT quota booking.
IRCTC TEJAS EXPRESS DETAILS
List of IRCTC Private Trains are here:-
LUCKNOW – NEW DELHI – LUCKNOW IRCTC TEJAS EXPRESS
Train Nos. 82502/82501 Lucknow – New Delhi – Lucknow IRCTC Tejas Express
Inaugural Run and Regular Run Details are here:-
The train was inaugurated on 04.10.2019 by running special train from Lucknow Jn to New Delhi. Lucknow – New Delhi – Lucknow IRCTC Tejas Express details are here.
AHMEDABAD – MUMBAI – AHMEDABAD IRCTC TEJAS EXPRESS
Train Nos.82902/82901 Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central Ahmedabad IRCTC Tejas Express (6 days a week except Thursday) details are here:- Ahmedabad – Mumbai – Ahmedabad train IRCTC Tejas Trains
VARANASI-INDORE : IRCTC KASHI MAHAKAL EXPRESS
Train Nos.82403/82401 Varanasi-Indore Weekly Express and Train Nos.82402/82404 Varanasi-Indore Bi-Weekly Express details are here:- Varanasi-Indore : IRCTC Kashi Mahakal Express
OPERATION OF PRIVATE PASSENGER TRAINS – PROVIDING WORLD CLASS SERVICES
- Indian Railways caters to an average originating traffic of 8.29 billion passengers per annum (2017-18). In the year, 2018-19, there was a huge unmet demand in the form of 8.85 crore wait listed passengers. Increased growth in passenger transport requires commissioning of additional trains with enhanced service quality, improved coach technology, and reduced journey time.
- At present, we are running around 13,000 passenger trains and in the next 5 years, we would require an additional 3,000 to 4,000 trains to meet the demand. We need private train operators to take some burden.
- Indian Railways will continue to run its all existing trains and will also keep on adding more trains as per its capacity and operational feasibility. The private player operated trains will run additional trains for the convenience of travelers.
- Indian Railways has planned to permit private participation in operation of passenger train services over 100 routes by introducing around 150 modern rakes. These 100 routes have been formed into clusters with each cluster of around 12 rakes.
- These private train operators will be allowed to procure trains and operate & maintain them.
- The objective of this initiative is to introduce modern technology rolling stock with reduced maintenance, reduced transit time, provide world class travel experience to passengers, and also reduce demand supply deficit in the passenger transportation sector. Through this arrangement, IR would be running trains with three to four different technologies.
- There would be a reduction in journey time by a minimum of 10-15% on the existing maximum operating speed of 130 kmph.
- The Private Entity shall pay to IR necessary fixed charges (haulage charges including energy charges). Private trains would be run by loco-pilots (engine drivers) and guards from Indian Railways only.
- The Private Entity shall have the freedom to decide on market determined fare to be charged from its passengers.
- Private train operations will help Railways to bring the latest global technology and lead to drastic improvement in punctuality and quality of services being offered to passengers.
- This will provide premium services akin to airlines to the people of the country and create benchmarks and competition in the sector to ensure improved service delivery. There would be many additional customer friendly facilities as compared to normal trains such as:
Airline like on-board services i.e infotainment, high-quality food and beverage with local and ethnic cuisines, shopping etc
- Compensation to passengers in case of delay in train operations
- Free insurance
- Baggage pick up-drop facility etc.
- With the ongoing capacity creation and enhancement works of Dedicated Freight Corridor, increasing the speed of Delhi-Mumbai, Delhi-Howrah sectors to 160kmph, there will be availability of additional line capacity to run additional trains to fulfill the unmet demand of passenger services.
- The likely commissioning of Dedicated Freight Corridors in 2021 and other infrastructural works have been considered while identifying the routes under the proposed initiative
- In view of initiation of private train operations, approval was given by the Ministry of Railways to IRCTC to operate 2 Tejas trains on pilot basis on New Delhi – Lucknow and Mumbai – Ahmedabad sectors.
- 2 Tejas trains, first on Lucknow – New Delhi route was inaugurated on 4.10.2019 and the second on Ahmedabad – Mumbai route on 17.01.2020. First time ever passenger facilities being provided in the Tejas train are:
- Airline like on-board services i.e infotainment, high-quality food & beverages etc.
- Compensation to passengers in case the train gets delayed
- Rs. 100 in case of a delay of more than an hour
- Rs. 250 in case of a delay exceeding 2 hours
- 3rd train to be run soon this month by IRCTC on Varanasi – Indore route which will have sleeper berths
- IRCTC business of private trains is drawing a very good response and occupancy is likely to increase more as passengers get accustomed to new train timings.
- Considering that the initiative is first of its kind in Indian Railways, emphasis has been laid on stakeholder consultation, placing the draft bidding framework documents on the public domain. In order to understand the issues and concerns of various stakeholders thereby enabling wider participation in the bidding process, two stakeholder conferences were held. This exercise has been done to understand the issues and concerns of the stakeholders with regard to the project and address the risks through a suitable risk reward framework.
- The bidding framework for undertaking this initiative shall be in line with the extant guidelines of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India for PPP projects.
- The bidding documents would specify the key performance indicators to be achieved by the private entity and also the quality of the services to be provided to the passengers. There would be specific penalties for failure to achieve the requisite levels of performance.
- The project framework would provide sufficient flexibility and freedom to the private entity to innovate, add value thereby reduce the cost of operations and enable providing cost effective services to the passengers.
- The major trunk routes of Railways are saturated and operate at near full capacity. Indian Railways runs approximately 13,000 passengers carrying trains per day. With massive infrastructure creation works in progress through multitracking of tracks and Dedicated Freight Corridors, significant capacity will be created and Railways will be able to add many more trains in the coming future apart from the 150 trains planned through private operators.
- Operation of trains with improved travel comfort to the passengers, increased availability and reliability and reduced transit time require induction of trains with modern technology. This initiative is likely to result in a shift in the passenger travel from road as well as air to Rail and would increase the overall availability of transportation services to the people.
- This would increase the revenue to Railways in terms of Haulage Charges and share in the revenue of the private entity. The competition and increased options to the public would result in improved quality of service and also improve the economy in operations.