IRCTC Private Trains Fare/Booking Details
IRCTC has launched its own new fully air-conditioned super-fast all-inclusive train between New Delhi and Lucknow. These trains have been equipped with many modern facilities such as extensive on-board food and beverage services and on-board infotainment, to ensure passenger comfort. IRCTC Private Trains Fare/Booking details, It’s main features, Cancellation and Refund Rules, Foreign Tourist Quota in IRCTC Private Trains are following.
To professionalise the train services in the next level, Railways have entrusted IRCTC, its commercial tourism and catering arm and a two decade old service organization to operate two premium passenger trains for general public using the AC chair car rakes of Tejas trains.
- IRCTC Tejas Express Details
- Features of IRCTC Private Train
- Ticket Booking, Cancellation and Refund Rules for IRCTC Trains
- Group Booking on IRCTC Trains
- Foreign Tourist (FT) Quota Ticket Booking in IRCTC Private Trains
IRCTC TEJAS EXPRESS DETAILS
Details of first IRCTC Private Trains are here:-
IRCTC Private trains are running on Lucknow – New Delhi – Lucknow and Ahmedabad – Mumbai- Ahmedabad routes for 6 days in a week and will primarily cater to the business travellers traveling frequently between these cities, besides catering to tourists. Trains would be equipped with all modern on board facilities for ensuring a high level of comfort to the passengers
The Tejas Express (Train Nos. 82502/82501) India’s first private train run by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), started to operate from October 4, 2019. The train did the trial run on 20 Sep, 2019. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath flagged off the Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express on October 4.
LUCKNOW – NEW DELHI – LUCKNOW IRCTC TEJAS EXPRESS
Tejas Express is have One executive class AC chair car with 56 seats and 09 AC chair car coaches with a capacity of 78 passengers in each coach. Tejas Express can carry a total of 758 passengers on board. They will also be allowed to use the executive lounge of the New Delhi Railway Station. The facility of using retiring rooms at the Lucknow Junction Station will also be provided.
Inaugural Run and Regular Run Details are here:-
- Lucknow – New Delhi ticket price will be ₹1,125 for AC Chair Car and ₹2,310 for Executive Chair Car.
- New Delhi – Lucknow ticket price will be ₹1,280 for AC Chair Car and ₹2,450 for Executive Chair Car.
- Lucknow – Kanpur ticket price will be ₹320 for AC Chair Car and ₹630 for Executive Chair Car.
- Lucknow – Ghaziabad ticket price will be ₹1,125 for AC Chair Car and ₹2310 for Executive Chair Car.
- Delhi – Kanpur ticket price will be ₹1,155 for AC Chair Car and ₹2,155 for Executive Chair Car.
However, the fares may vary along all sections since the train will operate on the flexi-fare scheme, officials said.
- The train will cover the journey between the cities in 06 hours and 15 minutes.
- The IRCTC said that the Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will run 06 days a week, except Tuesdays.
- The train will commence its journey from New Delhi railway station at 3.35 pm and will reach Lucknow Junction at 10.05 pm
- It will begin its journey from Lucknow at 6.10 am, and reach Delhi at 12.25 pm with halts at Kanpur Central and Ghaziabad.
AHMEDABAD – MUMBAI – AHMEDABAD IRCTC TEJAS EXPRESS
Railway Board Chairman Vinod Kumar Yadav said
FEATURES OF IRCTC TRAINS
Main Features of IRCTC Private Trains are following.
- Trains will also be available for booking for on duty and leave travel of personnel of defence forces and Central Paramilitary Forces through their online e-ticketing portals integrated with IRCTC such as CGDA (Controller General of Defence Accounts) portal, CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) and NDRF (National Disaster Rescue Force) Portals, and also to NSG (National Security Guards) etc
- All passengers of the Tejas Express will be provided a free insurance of up to Rs 25 lakh by the IRCTC.
- Meals will be served by the on-board service staff.
- Tea and coffee vending machines will be available in the train.
- Water will be provided on demand through RO machines for passengers. Each coach will be provided with RO water filter in addition to the packaged drinking water bottle for each passenger. Passengers will be served morning welcome tea, breakfast, snacks before de boarding, evening high tea and dinner as per itinerary timings. Details for which will be provided shortly on IRCTC website.
- On Board Shopping Service also available in the train. On board infotainment services will be available in IRCTC trains to the passengers.
- IRCTC is planning to imbibe regional delicacies having local and ethnic cuisines to suit the taste buds of passengers. On board hospitality services will be managed through professional and competent staff from either gender.
- No concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed. But Children below 5 years of age have been exempted from fare and will be booked with their parents. Names of Children so booked will not appear on the chart. Children of age 5 years and above will be booked at full fare and will be provided with a seat.
- It will have modern coaches with state-of-the-art interiors, LED television, call buttons, automatic doors and CCTV cameras.
- On-board ticket checking will be by IRCTC personnel, will not by railway staff.
- Train fare will be dynamic in nature keeping in consideration the prevailing bus, taxi, rail and airfares. Train will have different series of fares for lean, busy and festive seasons. February, March and August months of the calendar year will form the lean season. Further, train fares will be on point to point basis.
- Current Booking will be available to users after preparation of first chart which will normally be 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the trains, up to 5 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
- One air conditioned chair car coach of 78 seats will be available for Group Booking on first cum first served basis. This coach can be booked any time from the opening of booking and up to 5 days in advance of the departure of the train. Booking of a full coach for group will be available completely online to facilitate tourism, corporate travel and other social needs of the public.
- There will be no tatkal quota or premium tatkal quota in these trains. There will be only General Quota and Foreign Tourist Quota. Foreign Tourist Quota of 5 seats in EC and 50 seats in CC will be available for Foreign Tourists.
- In case of cancellation of train, automatic full refund of fare on confirmed and /or waitlisted e-tickets will be made. There will be no need of cancellation of the ticket or filing TDR in such cases.
- High quality food and beverages will be provided to the passengers on board in the train. Food will be compulsory and charges will be collected at the time of ticket booking itself. There will also be provision for separate free coffee and tea vending machines. Service in the train will be done through trolleys similar to airlines.
- Home pick-up and delivery of luggage facility. IRCTC is planning to extend the facility of collecting passengers’ baggage from their homes and deliver to them in the train on their seats and then again from their seats to their destination stay point on payment. Modalities for the same are being worked out with vendors for this purpose. Passengers will be able to travel without worrying for their luggage. Luggage will be insured.
- For the new train, the IRCTC will also extend the facilities of taxi hiring, hotel bookings to passengers who need it. IRCTC will also extend the facilities of taxi hiring, hotel bookings etc on payment to such passengers who need it.
- Wheelchairs facility. Wheel chair will also be provided to passengers on demand.
TICKET BOOKING, CANCELLATION AND REFUND RULES FOR IRCTC TRAINS
IRCTC Private Trains Ticket Booking, Cancellation and Refund Rules are following.
Ticket Booking Rules
The Tejas Express will have an advance reservation period of 60 days only. Other trains are having advance reservation period of 120 days. Tickets for IRCTC Private Trains can be booked through the official website of the IRCTC and through its mobile app “Irctc Rail Connect” only. Ticket booking facility though ticket windows are not available for IRCTC trains.
Ticket Cancellation Rules
E-Ticket booked for IRCTC Trains can be cancelled online and refund will be granted by the
system as per IRCTC Refund Rules, as follows:
Cancellation Charges for Confirmed Tickets
The amount deducted is based on the time of cancellation and the status of your ticket at the time of cancellation. Detailed explanations are given below:
- If a confirmed ticket is cancelled online more than forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train, a minimum per passenger cancellation charges shall be deducted at the flat rate as below:
|Class of Your Ticket||Flat Cancellation Charges per Passenger|
|Executive Class (EC)||₹240/- +GST|
|AC Chair Car (CC)||₹180/- +GST|
- If a confirmed ticket is cancelled online between forty-eight hours (48) and up to twelve (12) hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges will be deducted as follows:
|25%(Twenty Five percent) of the fare subject to the minimum cancellation charge referred to in clause 1(a) plus GST applicable for all AC Classes|
- If a confirmed ticket is cancelled online within twelve (12) hours and up to four hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges will be deducted as follows:
|50%(Fifty percent) of the fare subject to the minimum cancellation charge referred to in clause 1(a) ) plus GST applicable for all AC Classes|
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on the tickets having confirmed reservation in case ticket is not cancelled online or TDR not filed online up to four hours before the scheduled departure of the train
Cancellation Charges for Waitlisted Tickets
- In case a wait-listed ticket is cancelled online, the refund of fare shall be made after deducting the cancellation charge of ₹ 20/- +GST per passenger, if the ticket is cancelled online up to four hours before the Scheduled Departure of the Train.
- If all passengers on a ticket remain on waiting list after first charting, user need not cancel such tickets. Such tickets will be cancelled automatically through the system, and the full refund will be credited back, without deducting any cancellation.
Cancellation Charges for Partially Confirmed Tickets
- In case, on a party e-ticket or a family e-ticket issued for travel of more than one passenger, some passengers have confirmed reservation and others are on waiting list, full refund of fare, less cancellation charge of ₹ 20/- +GST per passenger, shall be admissible for confirmed passengers also subject to the condition that the ticket shall be cancelled online or online TDR shall be filed for all the passengers up to four hours before the Scheduled Departure of the Train.
- In case, on a party e-ticket or a family e-ticket issued for travel of more than one passenger, some passengers have confirmed reservation and others are on waiting list, full refund of fare without deducting cancellation, shall be admissible for confirmed passengers also subject to the condition that the ticket shall be cancelled online or online TDR shall be filed for all the passengers after first charting and up to thirty minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
- In case of party e-ticket or family e-ticket issued for travel of more than one passenger, some passengers have confirmed reservation and others are on the list of waiting list, then in case of passengers in waiting list not travelling, a certificate shall be obtained by travelling passengers from the ticket checking staff to that effect and refund of fare shall be processed online through TDR, indicating the details of the certificate issued by ticket checking staff and the online TDR shall be filed up to seventy-two (72) hours of actual arrival of the train at passengers’ destination and the original certificate issued by ticket checking staff shall be sent through post to Group General Manager/IT, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd., Internet Ticketing Centre, IRCA Building, State Entry Road, New Delhi – 110055
Cancellation Charges for Wait List Tickets Dropped from Charting
- In case of wait-listed e-tickets on which all the passengers are on waiting list even after preparation of reservation chart, names of all such passengers booked on that Passenger Name Record (PNR) will be dropped from the reservation chart and refund of full fare will be credited back to the account from which booking transaction took place, without deducting any cancellation charges.
Cancellation Charges for Full Cancellation of Train (from originating station to destination station)
- In case of full cancellation of trains from source to destination, automatic full refund of fare on confirmed e-tickets will be directly credited back to the account from which booking transaction took place, and online cancellation or filing of TDR is not required in such cases
Cancellation Charges for Partial Cancellation of Train
- In case of partial train cancellation, train diverted, train short terminated etc., TDR is required to be filed online up to Seventy Two Hours of the Scheduled Departure of the Train at Passenger’s Boarding Station.
Cancellation Charges for Train Running More than 3 Hours Late and Passenger not travelled
- No cancellation charge will be levied and full fare will be refunded back to all passengers holding fully or partially confirmed tickets, if the journey is not undertaken due to late running of the train by more than three hours of the scheduled departure of the train from the station commencing journey subject to the condition that:
|Train is running late by more than three hours at the passenger boarding station.|
|TDR is filed online before the actual departure of the train, for availing full refund.|
|All passengers booked on a PNR have not travelled.|
In case the ticket is cancelled, or if the request for refund of fare is filed online after the actual departure of train, No refund of fare will be admissible.
TDR filing for IRCTC Trains (Rules & Validations)
Connecting Train ticket booking not allowed on IRCTC trains. As such no refund is applicable on connecting journey tickets.
GROUP BOOKING ON IRCTC TRAINS
Salient features of Group Booking on IRCTC trains
- IRCTC is pleased to bring online group booking on its premier Tejas trains to the passengers travelling in groups for attending corporate meetings, marriages, social events etc. Following are salient features of group booking:
- One fully Air-conditioned Chair Car coach of Tejas Rake having 78 seats will be available for group booking to parties. This booking will be done online.
- Train is fully air-conditioned with on board infotainment facilities.
- Morning Tea, Break Fast, Snacks, Dinner, High tea will be served as per the journey timings.
- Each coach is provided with RO Water Filter, Tea, Coffee vending machines.
- The fare for entire coach having a seating capacity of 78 will be charged even if the passenger group is less than 78.
- Group booking is allowed between 60 days and 5 days in advance of journey date.
- Travelling passenger names can be submitted upto 5 days before the journey date.
Group Booking is available on following IRCTC Trains:
- Train No. 82501 IRCTC Lucknow NE (LJN–New Delhi (NDLS) Super Fast Exp.
- Train No. 82502 IRCTC New Delhi (NDLS)-Lucknow NE (LJN) Super Fast Exp.
FOREIGN TOURIST (FT) QUOTA TICKET BOOKING IN IRCTC TRAINS
General Terms and Conditions of IRCTC Private Trains
- Tickets can be booked by the Foreign Tourists well in advance up to 60 days from the date of booking through internet (e-ticket).
- IRCTC will charge Convenience Fees of ₹ 200/- + GST (as applicable) for ticket booking in FT quota, per ticket.
- Payment shall be made only through International Debit/Credit cards.
- For booking the ticket, Passport Number and Nationality of the passenger has to be entered mandatorily.
- An SMS confirming the reservation of the ticket will be sent to the user’s mobile number registered with IRCTC.
- The passenger who has reserved the ticket under FT quota has to carry the original Passport as identity proof, the number of which was entered at the time of booking the ticket. In case the passenger is not able to show the original passport with valid visa, the passenger shall be treated as without ticket and charged penalty equivalent to 3 times the fare of ticket and if passengers fail to pay the penalty, legal action will be taken against the passenger. All passengers booked on a ticket are required to carry their original passport and Visa separately.
- In case of cancellation of tickets booked under FT quota by the passenger, flat 50% of the fare shall be deducted in addition to the cancellation charges. Time limit for granting 50% refund shall be as per extant rules i.e. up to 4 hours before scheduled departure of train, through website only.
- The berth under existing Foreign Tourist Quota (FT) shall be booked on 1.5 times of the normal fare.
- Full adult fare will be charged for all passengers (including child) from and above the age of 5 years.
- No concession is allowed in FT Quota ticketing booking.
- No change in name shall be permissible on FT quota ticket under any circumstances.
- Agents are not allowed to book tickets under FT quota.
- I-ticket booking is not allowed under FT quota.
- Boarding point change is allowed only within ARP period i.e. after allocation of seat/berth.
- ERS printing is allowed only within ARP period i.e. after allocation of seat berth.
- Travel insurance is not allowed for FT quota booking.
- VIKALP facility not allowed for FT quota booking.