IRCTC Offers & Discounts
IRCTC Offers and Discounts while booking Tickets including suburban, unreserved, reserved. Details are following.
25% Discount on Train Fares
Indian Railway announced through a press release on 28.08.2019 that Railway is planning to implement a 25% Discounted fare Scheme for AC Chair Car and Executive Class sitting accommodation from the end of September 2019.
The Scheme shall be applicable for AC Chair car and Executive chair car accommodation like in Shatabdi, Gatimaan, Tejas, Double Decker, Intercity trains etc. This is aimed at improving occupancy and earnings.
- The Powers to discount these fares is delegated to Principal Chief Commercial Managers of Zonal Railways.
- Only trains with monthly occupancy of less than 50% in the previous year are eligible for discount.
- Discount to be offered can be upto 25% of the base fare.
- Reservation fee, super fast charge, GST, etc., as applicable will be separate.
- Discount can be given for the first leg and/or last leg of journey and/or intermediate sections and/or end to end journey.
- There is a provision to make catering optional with the discounted fare.
- Discounted fare can be for the full year, part of the year or month wise or seasonal or for weekdays/weekend.
Accordingly, all Zonal Railways have been directed by the Commercial Directorate of the Railway Board to review the occupancy of all trains with Chair Car and Executive Class seating accommodation by the 30th of September 2019 and take suitable action.
Existing discounted scheme in following trains shall continue as per the existing discounted principles
- Train Nos.12007/12008 Chennai Central-Mysuru Shatabdi Express over Benguluru-Mysuru-Bengaluru section,
- Train Nos.12010 Ahemdabad-Mumbai Centra Shatabdi train over Ahemdabad-Vadodara section
- Train Nos.12042 New Jalpaiguri-Horah Shatabdi Express over Jalpaiguri-Malda town section
Discount Scheme on the Vacant Seats in trains having sitting accommodation of AC Chari Car and Executive Class – 27.08.2019
Discounted Fares for Season Tickets Via Digital Mode
Provision of discount of 0.5% to customers of suburban sections on booking of season tickets when payment is made through digital means upto 30.09.2019. Further details are attached.
5% Discount App based Booking Upto 12.06.2020
Ministry of Railways have decide to extend the currency of the instructions regarding provision of 5% discounts on the total value of basic fare of PRS Counter ticket on booking of reserved counter through UPI including BHIM application up to 12.06.2020.
Unreserved Ticket Booking through Mobile phone : Discount Period Extended
Railway has been decide to extend the existing scheme of granting bonus of 5% of the recharge value at the time of recharge of R-Wallet. The extended period is upto 24.02.2020. Details are attached.
Discount on App Based Ticket Booking : Terms and Condition
Ministry of Railways (09.03.2019) have decided that 5% discount shall be granted on the total value of the basic fare of tickets subject to maximum discount of Rs.50 in PRS reserved counter tickets if the ticket is booked through UPI including BHIM application on the following terms and conditions.
- Such discount shall be applicable only on reserved tickets booked across the reservation/booking counters when booked through UPI including BHIM application.
- Discount shall be applicable on tickets whose total value of basic fare of a ticket shall be Rs.100/- and above. However maximum discount on a ticket shall not be more than Rs.50/-.
- No such discounts shall be applicable on unreserved single journey tickets/season tickets, reserve tickets booked online (e-ticket/I-tickets) etc. However, 0.5% discount on total fare which is already applicable on booking of season tickets (suburban section) through Digital means including UPI (BHIM) application shall continue as per instruction issued from time to time.
- Such discount shall be applicable only across the reservation counter upto the preparation of first reservation chart. After preparation of first chart no such discount shall be applicable. However, 10% rebate in the basic fare on the vacant berth/seats after preparation of first chart shall continue as per instruction issued from time to time in this regard.
- In case of refund, the discount may be equally divided among all the passengers.