IRCTC Offers & Discounts
IRCTC’s ✅ Offers and Discounts while booking Tickets including suburban, unreserved, reserved classes in Trains. Details are the following.
- Discounted Fare in Shatabdi Trains From New Jalpaiguri to Malda Town
- Discount Scheme On The Vacant Seats In Trains Having Sitting Accommodation Of Ac Chair Car And Executive Class
- Promotion Of Unreserved Ticket Booking Through Mobile Phone
- Discount On Digital Payments For Season Tickets
- Facility Of Additional 5% Bonus To Mobile Ticketing Users On Every Recharge Of R-Wallet Extended Further For More Six Months Upto 24th Aug. 2020
- Discount Fare For Uday Express
- Zero Payment Gateway Transaction Charges
- Part Payment Facility By IRCTC Tourism
- 25% Discount On Train Fares
- Discount On App-Based Ticket Booking: Terms And Condition
Updated : 07.11.2020
DISCOUNTED FARE IN SHATABDI TRAINS FROM NEW JALPAIGURI TO MALDA TOWN
Updated : 04.11.2020
DISCOUNT SCHEME ON THE VACANT SEATS IN TRAINS HAVING SITTING ACCOMMODATION OF AC CHAIR CAR AND EXECUTIVE CLASS
Updated : 09.09.2020
PROMOTION OF UNRESERVED TICKET BOOKING THROUGH MOBILE PHONE
Indian Railway announced that Railway decided to extend the existing scheme of granting a bonus of 5% of the recharge value at the time of recharge of R-wallet in case of unreserved ticket booking through mobile phone up to 24.08.2020 to popularise the scheme.
Updated : 18.03.2020
DISCOUNT ON DIGITAL PAYMENTS FOR SEASON TICKETS
Western Railway announced that WR has extended the provision of 0.5% discount on digital payments on total applicable fare for Season Tickets (Monthly, Quarterly, Half Yearly & Yearly) for the suburban section for a further period of one year, i.e. upto 31st March, 2021.
Updated : 04.03.2020
FACILITY OF ADDITIONAL 5% BONUS TO MOBILE TICKETING USERS on EVERY RECHARGE OF R-WALLET EXTENDED FURTHER FOR MORE SIX MONTHS UPTO 24TH AUG. 2020
Western Railway announced that As an incentive to promote mobile ticketing, Western Railway had announced a bonus of 5% for every recharge to the R-Wallet which was valid upto 24th February, 2020. Now, with a view to promote unreserved ticket booking through mobile phone, it has been decided to extend the existing scheme of granting bonus of 5% of the recharge value at the time of recharge of R-wallet in case of unreserved ticket booking through mobile phone for another period of six months, i.e. upto 24th August, 2020. Passengers are requested to patronize the use of UTS Mobile Ticketing App and avail the enhanced benefits attached with their use.
Updated : 20.12.2019
DISCOUNT FARE FOR UDAY EXPRESS
Railway annoyed that it has been decided by the competent authority to grant 25% discount in base fare on reserved seats for Train No. 22666 Coimbatore – KSR Bengaluru Uday Express on Tuesdays and Thursdays only with effect from 09th April, 2020.
ZERO PAYMENT GATEWAY TRANSACTION CHARGES
IRCTC announced that now passenger can book e-tickets using any debit card at IRCTC website with ZERO payment gateway transaction charges. This is for transaction upto 1 Lac.
PART PAYMENT FACILITY BY IRCTC TOURISM
IRCTC Tourism offers part payment facility for booking above Rs.50000/-
Know more about Part Payment
- Part payment is allowed for online booking for package cost above Rs. 50,000/-per transaction for all Packages.
- IRCTC registered users and Guest users can avail the part payment facility for online booking at www.irctctourism.com.
- IRCTC counters can also use this facility to accommodate the walk-in customers.
- Agents are not authorized for online booking with part payment at www.irctctourism.com.
- The minimum ARP (Advanced Reservation Period) for part payment facility would be for booking done before 35 days from departure date.
- Part Payment is applicable on total booking amount, where the package cost is greater than Rs 50000/-. It will be collected in 2 instalments inclusive of GST.
- ✔ For Domestic/International Air Packages: – 1st payment for 30% amount, Final/ Balance payment for 70%.
- ✔ For All Other Packages: – 1st payment for 25% amount, Final/Balance payment for 75%.
- If the due/final payment is not done within 30 days prior to departure date , then the request for the final payment would not be accepted and booking would be treated as cancelled and relevant cancellation charges would be applicable.
- Partial cancellation of passengers is not allowed in part payment transactions.
- For any cancellation and part/final payment days are counted excluding the date of departure.
- Tour confirmation number will only be generated after receipt of total package cost by IRCTC.
- Only Full cancellation is allowed on the above transactions with applicable cancellation charges.
- Note: In case of any technical error to update the final payment before due date, please mail us at “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
25% DISCOUNT ON TRAIN FARES
Indian Railway announced through a press release on 28.08.2019 that Railway is planning to implement a 25% Discounted fare Scheme for AC Chair Car and Executive Class sitting accommodation from the end of September 2019.
The Scheme shall be applicable for AC Chair car and Executive chair car accommodation like in Shatabdi, Gatimaan, Tejas, Double Decker, Intercity trains etc. This is aimed at improving occupancy and earnings.
- The Powers to discount these fares is delegated to Principal Chief Commercial Managers of Zonal Railways.
- Only trains with monthly occupancy of less than 50% in the previous year are eligible for discount.
- Discount to be offered can be upto 25% of the base fare.
- Reservation fee, super fast charge, GST, etc., as applicable will be separate.
- Discount can be given for the first leg and/or last leg of journey and/or intermediate sections and/or end to end journey.
- There is a provision to make catering optional with the discounted fare.
- Discounted fare can be for the full year, part of the year or month wise or seasonal or for weekdays/weekend.
Accordingly, all Zonal Railways have been directed by the Commercial Directorate of the Railway Board to review the occupancy of all trains with Chair Car and Executive Class seating accommodation by the 30th of September 2019 and take suitable action.
Existing discounted scheme in following trains shall continue as per the existing discounted principles
- Train Nos.12007/12008 Chennai Central-Mysuru Shatabdi Express over Bengaluru-Mysuru-Bengaluru section,
- Train Nos.12010 Ahemdabad-Mumbai Centra Shatabdi train over Ahemdabad-Vadodara section
- Train Nos.12042 New Jalpaiguri-Horah Shatabdi Express over Jalpaiguri-Malda town section
DISCOUNT ON APP BASED TICKET BOOKING : TERMS AND CONDITION
Ministry of Railways (09.03.2019) have decided that 5% discount shall be granted on the total value of the basic fare of tickets subject to maximum discount of Rs.50 in PRS reserved counter tickets if the ticket is booked through UPI including BHIM application on the following terms and conditions.
- Such discount shall be applicable only on reserved tickets booked across the reservation/booking counters when booked through UPI including BHIM application.
- The discount shall be applicable on tickets whose total value of basic fare of a ticket shall be Rs.100/- and above. However maximum discount on a ticket shall not be more than Rs.50/-.
- No such discounts shall be applicable on unreserved single journey tickets/season tickets, reserve tickets booked online (e-ticket/I-tickets) etc. However, 0.5% discount on total fare which is already applicable on booking of season tickets (suburban section) through Digital means including UPI (BHIM) application shall continue as per instruction issued from time to time.
- Such discount shall be applicable only across the reservation counter up to the preparation of the first reservation chart. After preparation of first chart, no such discount shall be applicable. However, 10% rebate in the basic fare on the vacant berth/seats after preparation of first chart shall continue as per instruction issued from time to time in this regard.
- In case of refund, the discount may be equally divided among all the passengers.