IRCTC Offers & Discounts
IRCTC Offers and Discounts while booking Tickets including suburban, unreserved, reserved. Details are following.
Updated : 18.03.2020
DISCOUNT ON DIGITAL PAYMENTS FOR SEASON TICKETS
Western Railway announced that WR has extended the provision of 0.5% discount on digital payments on total applicable fare for Season Tickets (Monthly, Quarterly, Half Yearly & Yearly) for the suburban section for a further period of one year, i.e. upto 31st March, 2021.
Updated : 04.03.2020
FACILITY OF ADDITIONAL 5% BONUS TO MOBILE TICKETING USERS on EVERY RECHARGE OF R-WALLET EXTENDED FURTHER FOR MORE SIX MONTHS UPTO 24TH AUG. 2020
Western Railway announced that As an incentive to promote mobile ticketing, Western Railway had announced a bonus of 5% for every recharge to the R-Wallet which was valid upto 24th February, 2020. Now, with a view to promote unreserved ticket booking through mobile phone, it has been decided to extend the existing scheme of granting bonus of 5% of the recharge value at the time of recharge of R-wallet in case of unreserved ticket booking through mobile phone for another period of six months, i.e. upto 24th August, 2020. Passengers are requested to patronize the use of UTS Mobile Ticketing App and avail the enhanced benefits attached with their use.
Updated : 20.12.2019
DISCOUNT FARE FOR UDAY EXPRESS
Railway annoyed that it has been decided by the competent authority to grant 25% discount in base fare on reserved seats for Train No. 22666 Coimbatore – KSR Bengaluru Uday Express on Tuesdays and Thursdays only with effect from 09th April, 2020.
Updated : 14.12.2019
Discount Train Fare for Winter Holidays
Discount fare scheme on Vacant seats in trains having sitting accommodation of AC Chair Car class
Central Railway announced that Railways have permitted discount on base fares of AC Chair Car of the trains having poor occupancy. Fares for the following trains will be given variable discounts for a period of 6 months from 01.04.2020 to 30.09.2020 as under:-
Comparison of basic fare and proposed discounted fare
|Train No.||From – To||Existing basic fare in AC Chair Car class (in Rs.)||Range of Discounted base Fare in AC Chair Car (in Rs.)|
|22101||CSMT- MMR||Rs. 340/-||Rs. 255-306/-|
|22101||CSMT- NKRD||Rs. 267/-||Rs. 201-240/-|
|22102||MMR – CSMT||Rs. 340/-||Rs. 306/-|
|22102||NKRD- CSMT||Rs. 267/-||Rs. 240/-|
|11307||KLBG-HYB||Rs. 302/-||Rs. 227-257/-|
Reservation charges, Superfast charges etc. will be levied in addition to above base fare.
Updated : 18.11.2019
Railway Introduced Discounted Fare Scheme In Some Digha Bound Trains
South Eastern Railway announced that with a view to facilitate touring passengers, it has been decided to introduce Discounted Fare Scheme on vacant seats in some Digha bound trains with sitting accommodation of Executive Class and AC Chair Car.
In South Eastern Railway, it has been decided to introduce Discounted Fare Scheme for the following trains up to March 2020:
- Train No.12847 Howrah-Digha Super AC Express
- Train No.12848 Digha-Howrah Super AC Express
- Train No.22898 Digha-Howrah Kandari Express
The rate of discount will be 20% of Base Fare in Executive Class (EC) and 15% of the Base Fare in AC Chair Car(CC). This scheme will be implemented for the above trains w.e.f. booking of 08/12/2019 and onwards up to March 2020 as per the table given below month wise:
|Train No.||December 2019||January 2020||February 2020||March 2020|
|12847Howrah-Digha Super AC Express||On All Days except Fridays & Saturdays||NO||On All Days||On All Days except Fridays||On All Days||On All Days||On All Days except Fridays||NO|
|12848 Digha-Howrah Super AC Express||On All Days||NO||On All Days Except Sundays||On All Days except Sundays||On All Days||On All Days Except Sundays||On All Days except Sundays||NO|
|22898 Digha-Howrah Kandari Express||This Class Does Not Exist||On All Days except Sundays||This Class Does Not Exist||On All Days except Sundays||This Class Does Not Exist||On All Days except Sundays||This Class Does Not Exist||NO|
IRCTC Tejas Train Fare Discount
IRCTC offers Diwali Bonanza to Passengers for its New Delhi-Lucknow 82502 IRCTC Tejas Train by reducing fares by 35% for Journey date from 27/10/19 to 31/10/19.
Zero Payment Gateway Transaction Charges
IRCTC announced that now passenger can book e-tickets using any debit card at IRCTC website with ZERO payment gateway transaction charges. This is for transaction upto 1 Lac.
Part Payment Facility by IRCTC Tourism
IRCTC Tourism offers part payment facility for booking above Rs.50000/-
Know more about Part Payment
- Part payment is allowed for online booking for package cost above Rs. 50,000/-per transaction for all Packages.
- IRCTC registered users and Guest users can avail the part payment facility for online booking at www.irctctourism.com.
- IRCTC counters can also use this facility to accommodate the walk-in customers.
- Agents are not authorized for online booking with part payment at www.irctctourism.com.
- The minimum ARP (Advanced Reservation Period) for part payment facility would be for booking done before 35 days from departure date.
- Part Payment is applicable on total booking amount, where the package cost is greater than Rs 50000/-. It will be collected in 2 instalments inclusive of GST.
- ✔ For Domestic/International Air Packages: – 1st payment for 30% amount, Final/ Balance payment for 70%.
- ✔ For All Other Packages: – 1st payment for 25% amount, Final/Balance payment for 75%.
- If the due/final payment is not done within 30 days prior to departure date , then the request for the final payment would not be accepted and booking would be treated as cancelled and relevant cancellation charges would be applicable.
- Partial cancellation of passengers is not allowed in part payment transactions.
- For any cancellation and part/final payment days are counted excluding the date of departure.
- Tour confirmation number will only be generated after receipt of total package cost by IRCTC.
- Only Full cancellation is allowed on the above transactions with applicable cancellation charges.
- Note: In case of any technical error to update the final payment before due date, please mail us at “email@example.com”.
25% Discount on Train Fares
Indian Railway announced through a press release on 28.08.2019 that Railway is planning to implement a 25% Discounted fare Scheme for AC Chair Car and Executive Class sitting accommodation from the end of September 2019.
The Scheme shall be applicable for AC Chair car and Executive chair car accommodation like in Shatabdi, Gatimaan, Tejas, Double Decker, Intercity trains etc. This is aimed at improving occupancy and earnings.
- The Powers to discount these fares is delegated to Principal Chief Commercial Managers of Zonal Railways.
- Only trains with monthly occupancy of less than 50% in the previous year are eligible for discount.
- Discount to be offered can be upto 25% of the base fare.
- Reservation fee, super fast charge, GST, etc., as applicable will be separate.
- Discount can be given for the first leg and/or last leg of journey and/or intermediate sections and/or end to end journey.
- There is a provision to make catering optional with the discounted fare.
- Discounted fare can be for the full year, part of the year or month wise or seasonal or for weekdays/weekend.
Accordingly, all Zonal Railways have been directed by the Commercial Directorate of the Railway Board to review the occupancy of all trains with Chair Car and Executive Class seating accommodation by the 30th of September 2019 and take suitable action.
Existing discounted scheme in following trains shall continue as per the existing discounted principles
- Train Nos.12007/12008 Chennai Central-Mysuru Shatabdi Express over Benguluru-Mysuru-Bengaluru section,
- Train Nos.12010 Ahemdabad-Mumbai Centra Shatabdi train over Ahemdabad-Vadodara section
- Train Nos.12042 New Jalpaiguri-Horah Shatabdi Express over Jalpaiguri-Malda town section
Discount Scheme on the Vacant Seats in trains having sitting accommodation of AC Chari Car and Executive Class – 27.08.2019
Discounted Fares for Season Tickets Via Digital Mode
Discount Upto 31.03.2020
Provision of discount of 0.5% to customers of suburban sections on booking of season tickets when payment is made through digital means upto 31.03.2020. Further details are attached.
Discount Upto 30.09.2019
Provision of discount of 0.5% to customers of suburban sections on booking of season tickets when payment is made through digital means upto 30.09.2019. Further details are attached.
5% Discount App based Booking Upto 12.06.2020
Ministry of Railways have decide to extend the currency of the instructions regarding provision of 5% discounts on the total value of basic fare of PRS Counter ticket on booking of reserved counter through UPI including BHIM application up to 12.06.2020.
Unreserved Ticket Booking through Mobile phone : Discount Period Extended
Railway has been decide to extend the existing scheme of granting bonus of 5% of the recharge value at the time of recharge of R-Wallet. The extended period is upto 24.02.2020. Details are attached.
Discount on App Based Ticket Booking : Terms and Condition
Ministry of Railways (09.03.2019) have decided that 5% discount shall be granted on the total value of the basic fare of tickets subject to maximum discount of Rs.50 in PRS reserved counter tickets if the ticket is booked through UPI including BHIM application on the following terms and conditions.
- Such discount shall be applicable only on reserved tickets booked across the reservation/booking counters when booked through UPI including BHIM application.
- Discount shall be applicable on tickets whose total value of basic fare of a ticket shall be Rs.100/- and above. However maximum discount on a ticket shall not be more than Rs.50/-.
- No such discounts shall be applicable on unreserved single journey tickets/season tickets, reserve tickets booked online (e-ticket/I-tickets) etc. However, 0.5% discount on total fare which is already applicable on booking of season tickets (suburban section) through Digital means including UPI (BHIM) application shall continue as per instruction issued from time to time.
- Such discount shall be applicable only across the reservation counter upto the preparation of first reservation chart. After preparation of first chart no such discount shall be applicable. However, 10% rebate in the basic fare on the vacant berth/seats after preparation of first chart shall continue as per instruction issued from time to time in this regard.
- In case of refund, the discount may be equally divided among all the passengers.