IRCTC Next Generation New Website ( irctc.co.in ) : 2021
Indian Railways has revamped and upgraded its e-ticketing website. The new website having several additional features as well. E-ticketing today constitutes about two-third of total reserved tickets on Indian Railways. Details are attached.
- How to Create :: IRCTC Login Account :: Free ( IRCTC Signup page details)
- IRCTC next generation new website login
- Salient features of the New User Interface
- IRCTC History : Previous Website Release Details
New IRCTC Launched Next Generation Website and IRCTC Rail Connect Mobile App ~ 31.12.2020
Indian Railways has revamped and upgraded its e-ticketing website www.irctc.co.in and IRCTC Rail Connect Mobile App, which is used for booking of Railway tickets ‘online’. The Upgraded e-ticketing Website & App, offering “Best-in-class” features, has been launched by Hon’ble Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry and Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Shri. Piyush Goyal on 31st December 2020.
e-Ticketing services for booking of Indian Railway Tickets:
In 2014, the Next Generation E-ticketing (NGeT) system was launched to provide seamless e-ticketing services – higher booking loads and better user interface, through IRCTC. The upgraded e-ticketing website & App will provide the next level of services and experience to the rail users. The railway customer has been focus of the design of this new world class website for booking of rail tickets. Novel user personalization features linked to user log in, have been incorporated for the first time ever, along with customizations for seamless travel experience, one stop train selection for booking, and integrated booking for meals & accommodation with tickets.
Salient Features of the Upgraded website:
- Complete User personalization linked to the user login, such as the booking of meals, retiring rooms and hotels has been integrated and can be directly along with the tickets, thus providing a one-stop solution for the needs of the traveller.
- Predictive entry suggestions using Artificial Intelligence to be given to the passenger when he is entering the station or passenger. This will greatly reduce the hassle in searching for stations and also save time in ticket booking.
- Simpler checking of the refund status at the user accounts page. Earlier this feature was not easily accessible.
- ‘Regular’ or ‘Favorite’ journeys can be booked easily by automatically entering relevant details.
- Train search & selection simplified by putting the information on one page to reduce the time used by passengers and enhancing the booking experience.
- All information on one page – Availability for all class are displayed along with respective fares for all trains. Simply scroll the page and choose to ‘Book’ the desired train and class. Earlier each train seat availability and fares could be seen only after clicking on that train individually.
- A ‘Cache system’ has been introduced in the backend to provide availability status. This will avoid delays in loading availabilities.
- In case waitlisted tickets, its ‘confirmation probability’ is displayed. Earlier this had to be checked for each waitlist status separately.
- Availability for other dates can be toggled on the page itself.
- Prompts during the booking process for making it easy for even less computer familiar users. This will save his time wandering on the website for searching the website.
- The journey details will be shown also on the payment page. It will prompt the user to check and rectify if there are any typographical errors. These corrections can only be corrected by visiting a PRS centre.
- The website has in-built features for enhancing cybersecurity by using appropriate captchas.
Best in Class features:
- The Upgraded and enhanced e-ticketing website & Mobile App aims to provide best in class user experience amongst various other online travel and ticketing websites.
- The level of these features will be even more advanced than the ones offered currently by the other ticketing websites. In most websites, the station search entry is still alphabetical, availability status is either not there or old in time. Moreover, the convenience of integrated booking for stay & meal in this upgraded e-ticketing website is unmatched.
- At present, this e-ticketing website of IRCTC has more than 6 Crore active users, using it to book more than 8 Lakhs tickets daily. Around 83% of the total reserved railway tickets are booked through this online system.
- IRCTC & CRIS have been working to introduce ‘Smart Booking’ feature to book connecting trains on alternate routes between the pair of stations which do not have direct trains.
- Railways are committed to bringing out continuous improvements in its e-ticketing services.
- While launching the upgraded website and new app, Minister lauded the contribution of Rail Parivar in ensuring a Victories fight back against the challenges posed by Corona and making railways Future Ready. Efforts by IRCTC in the same direction.
Previous Change – 1
IRCTC Launched Next Generation Website: Previous Change
In line with Union Minister of Railways Shri Piyush Goyal’s vision to ensure better user experience by recommending best Information Technology industry practices, Railway’s Online Travel Portal – www.irctc.co.in has now launched beta version of its new User Interface, Railway announced through a press release. The new link has more user-friendly features for easier navigation.
The ‘Digital India’ initiative has paved way for government organisations to harness the power of technology and in making lives easier for citizens of India. By creating Next Generation e-Ticketing (NGeT) system the new online ticket booking system of Railways provides an easy and fast way of booking rail tickets by automating the journey planning and purchase of tickets.
IRCTC e-ticketing website migration to TLS 1.2 :- To enhance the security features on IRCTC e-ticketing website www.irctc.co.in, it is being migrated to TLS 1.2. TLS 1.2 is not supported in older versions of operating systems like Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. After migration IRCTC e-ticketing website will not be accessible in Windows XP and Windows server 2003. Users may upgrade their operating systems higher than Windows XP/Server 2003.
Salient features of the New User Interface:
- With the launch of a new interface of e-Ticketing Website, user can now enquire/search trains and check availability of seats without login also, thereby saving precious time of the users. User can now change font size throughout the website for comfortable viewing experience.
- The new look and feel will have enhanced class-wise, train-wise, destination-wise, departure/arrival time wise and quota-wise filters for facilitating customer while planning their journeys. Single screen information about the train including the train no, train name, originating and destination station and distances between them, arrival and departure time and journey time has now been arranged.
- In addition, more features such as new filters on ‘My Transactions’ where user can also view their booked tickets based on Journey Date, Booking Date, Upcoming Journey and completed the journey.
- In the new user interface, the user can enquire/search trains and check availability of seat without login.
- User can also change font size throughout the website.
- User can predict the chance of waitlist or RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation) ticket getting confirmed on the basis of historical booking trends.
- Enhanced ‘Vikalp’ feature provides the user with the option of choosing alternate accommodation in case of waitlist tickets in different trains including specials.
- The user can manage the payment option by marking six banks as preferred banks.
- On completion of payment, the details of booking shall be displayed in a user-friendly manner.
- Different filters as per departure/arrival time, class, train and quota have been provided for facilitating journey planning.
- It can be used on multiple mobile platforms without any problem.
- The new user interface also facilitates seamless navigation in mobiles, desktops, laptops and tablets.
- There is a number of additional features such as filters on ‘My Transactions’ where user can view booked tickets based on journey date, booking date, upcoming journey and completed the journey.
- Single screen information about the train including the train number, train name, originating and destination station and distances between them, arrival and departure time and journey time has now been arranged.
First look and feel of all new IRCTC next Gen Ticket booking website is as follows
All new IRCTC Next Gen Website irctc.co.in Launched.
So be ready for Ease of Travel in India. Following are new features
- Train Search without Log on to the IRCTC Ticket booking site like earlier
- Probability of Ticket Confirmation
- Easier Booking
- Easier Search
- Easier Confirmation
IRCTC next generation new website login
Most of them still asking for how to login to IRCTC new website, for help all those people please find the following brief note with these details.
How to login IRCTC next generation new website ?
You can login to IRCTC online ticket booking website by following steps.
- Step 1 : Visit the IRCTC website, https://www.irctc.co.in.
- Step 2 : If you have already having IRCTC Login ID then proceed with Step 3 else visit following link ( How to Create :: IRCTC Login Account :: Free ) to create a new login id for you. Once you created the login come back on this page and proceed.
- Step 3 : Click on the IRCTC Login link highlighted following image to open the IRCTC Login details entering screen
Step 4 : Once you click on to the login link one popup window will open. You have to enter the IRCTC Login User ID and Password. You have enter Captica text if displayed too to logon to the new window.
Step 5: Press Sign in button to logon to the IRCTC Online ticket booking website.
Previous Change – 2
IRCTC Launched Next Generation Website: Previous Change
Previous launch of IRCTC Next generation website is as follows. This happens more than 4 years back. Before this users struggled to log on to the ticket booking website during the peak hours. Hope you remembered those bad days.
IRCTC Launched next generation e Ticketing system to book your train ticket more faster and user friendly than earlier.
Now onwards if you are login on the ticket booking website of IRCTC (https://www.irctc.co.in), then you will get the following kind of screen which says on the intermediate screen “Dear Customer, You have been successfully migrated to Next Generation e-Ticketing website. To Print/Cancel/FileTDR of your old transactions done before migration, click “My Transactions” below. To book e-tickets , click “Proceed For Booking”. After migration new transactions can be viewed in “Booked Ticket History” in Next Generation e-Ticketing website” To book a new ticket you have to click on Proceed for Booking option. Once you have clicked you can able to view the following kind of screen which shows
This screen having inputs same as older websites like From Station, To Station, Journey Date and Ticket Type. Please note the earlier General / Tatkal option not available but don’t worry there are moved to next screen for more friendliness. This move actually appreciating one because by the help of that you can able to view multiple availability status without any Page refresh and can able to go to the older option you have chosen. Remember on the earlier website all time you have to refresh the page to do the same and page load time consume more. I hope now you are thinking to skip the intermediate webpage for the older website transaction. Yes its possible for accessing, the IRCTC new website directly just click on the following new Next Genartion webpage path and enter the irctc.co.in User ID and Password. IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing System or https://nget.irctc.co.in Once you have open the new website path can able to view following kind of screen which says to enter the User ID , Password and Captcha.