IRCTC Next Generation New Website ( irctc.co.in ) : 2018
Happy news to all, most awaited new IRCTC ticket booking next generation website launched by Indian Railway. The new website having several additional features as well.
In line with Union Minister of Railways Shri Piyush Goyal’s vision to ensure better user experience by recommending best Information Technology industry practices, Railway’s Online Travel Portal – www.irctc.co.in has now launched beta version of its new User Interface, Railway announced through a press release. The new link has more user friendly features for easier navigation.
The ‘Digital India’ initiative has paved way for government organisations to harness power of technology and in making lives easier for citizens of India. By creating Next Generation e-Ticketing (NGeT) system the new online ticket booking system of Railways provides easy and fast way of booking rail tickets by automating the journey planning and purchase of tickets.
E-ticketing today constitutes about two third of total reserved tickets on Indian Railways.
Salient features of the New User Interface:
- With the launch of new interface of e-Ticketing Website, user can now enquire / search trains and check availability of seats without login also, thereby saving precious time of the users. User can now change font size throughout the website for comfortable viewing experience.
- The new look and feel will have enhanced class-wise, train-wise, destination-wise, departure/arrival time wise and quota-wise filters for facilitating customer while planning their journeys. Single screen information about the train including the train no, train name, originating and destination station and distances between them, arrival and departure time and journey time has now been arranged.
- In addition, more features such as new filters on ‘My Transactions’ where user can also view their booked tickets based on Journey Date, Booking Date, Upcoming Journey and completed journey.
- In the new user-interface, the user can enquire/search trains and check availability of seat without login.
- User can also change font size throughout the website.
- User can predict the chance of waitlist or RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation) ticket getting confirmed on the basis of historical booking trends.
- Enhanced ‘Vikalp’ feature provides user the option of choosing alternate accommodation in case of waitlist tickets in different trains including specials.
- The user can manage the payment option by marking six banks as preferred banks.
- On completion of payment, the details of booking shall be displayed in user friendly manner.
- Different filters as per departure/arrival time, class, train and quota have been provided for facilitating journey planning.
- It can be used on multiple mobile platforms without any problem.
- New user interface also facilitates seamless navigation in mobiles, desktops, laptops and tablets.
- There are number of additional features such as filters on ‘My Transactions’ where user can view booked tickets based on journey date, booking date, upcoming journey and completed journey.
Single screen information about the train including the train number, train name, originating and destination station and distances between them, arrival and departure time and journey time has now been arranged.
First look and feel of all new IRCTC next Gen Ticket booking website is as follows
So be ready for Ease of Travel in India. Following are new features
- Train Search without Log on to the IRCTC Ticket booking site like earlier
- Probability of Ticket Confirmation
- Easier Booking
- Easier Search
- Easier Confirmation
or using https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/
Previous launch of IRCTC Next generation website is as follows. This happens more than 4 years back. Before this users struggled to log on to the ticket booking website during the peak hours. Hope you remembered those bad days.