International Tourist Bureau by Railway
Indian Railways has set up International Tourist Bureaus (ITB) at different stations of the country to help and assist Foreign/NRI Tourists so that their journey becomes comfortable and hassle free. Types of Tickets and Trains, Foreign Tourist Reservation Quota, Fares, Amenities available at source and destination and ways to avail various facilities for foreign/NRI Tourists information are available in International Tourist Bureau byRailway.
- International Tourist Bureau offices in India
- How to Book Ticket via International Tourist Bureau
- Indrail Passes
- Fare Structure of Indrail Passes (In Us Dollars)
- List of Authorized GSAS
International Tourist Bureau offices in India
- Passengers can buy Reservation Tickets in International Tourist Bureau using Credit/Debit and Rupay Cards.
- International Tourist Bureau at New Delhi functions from 08:00hrs to 20:00hrs from Monday to Saturday and on Sunday from 08:00hrs to 14:00hrs.
- International Tourist Bureaus issue reserved tickets to the Foreign Tourists and NRIs holding valid passport against payment in US dollars, Pounds, Sterling, Euros and Indian Rupees.
- These Bureaus also sell Ind rail passes which are issued to foreign tourists / NRIs on production of valid passport and valid visa.
- A separate foreign tourist quota has been provided in all classes and almost all the trains for the facility of the tourists.
How to Book Ticket via International Tourist Bureau
Counter Ticket Booking
- First take a queuing number and Wait.
- While you wait for your number, go to the information desk to one side of the room to get details of your journey.
- Once you know which train you wish to book, fill one of the passenger Booking Slips .
- Take your passport and Booking slips to the booking desks once your number has come up.
- After this, You can pay with cash or card.
Steps to avail Foreign Tourist Quota and Ticket Booking
- Mobile verification
- Using Update profile option on IRCTC eTicketing website, Foreign Tourists and NRIs should first submit and verify International mobile number in their profile. To verify the provided mobile number, an OTP will be sent. User must submit the received OTP to complete the verification process.
- Select “Foreign Tourist Ticket Booking” link under “Services” option of IRCTC eTicketing website.
- User can book tickets under Foreign Tourist Quota upto 365 days in advance.
- Available classes of travel under Foreign Tourist Quota are 1A, 2A and EC.
- User has to provide valid Passport number at the time of booking tickets.
- All SMS communications from IRCTC will be sent on mobile number submitted and verified by user while updating profile.
- For payment of ticket booking amount, User has the option to make payment using International Debit/Credit card.
- After successful payment and booking of ticket, Booking SMS and confirmation mail will be sent on registered mobile number and e-mail id respectively.
International Tourist Bureau allows to explore the splendour of multi- faceted India by the way of selling INDRAIL PASSES to foreign tourists or NRIs. Indrail Passes offers the foreign tourists/NRIs to travel as they like, over the entire Indian Railways without any route restriction within the period of validity of Indrail Pass.
- Indrail pass entitles the pass holder to travel as he likes over the entire Indian Railways with out any route restriction within the period of validity of IRP.
- Indrail Passes not only provide excellent value for money but also enhances the charm of holidays from abroad.
- Indrail pass however, does not guaranty reserved accommodation.
- The foreign tourists can also purchase Indrail passes from the General Sales Agents (GSA)appointed abroad and Rail Travel Agents appointed in India.
- The tourists can choose Indrail Passes according to their itineraries.
- The Indrail Pass holder is not required to pay any reservation fee, super fast charges and safety charges etc.
- No additional charges are paid for catering service provided in Rajdhani/Shatabdi Express trains.
- Indrail Passes are very convenient for tourists as they provide flexibility for travel over Indian Railway.
- The Indrail passes have been made more attractive for transit and short stay visitors.
- The passes are now also available for half day(12 hrs.), one day (24 hrs.),two days (48 hrs.) and 4 days for the facility of visitors arriving by international flights and visiting only one or two connecting destinations.
- A tourist can obtain reservations against Indrail passes from any reservation office over Indian Railways.
For getting any clarifications regarding use of Indrail passes and facilities to the foreign tourists, the passengers should contact at :
International Tourist Bureau, First Floor, Station Building,
New Delhi Railway Station, New Delhi- 110055
Phone : 91-11-42625156, Fax: 91-11-23343050
Fare Structure of Indrail Passes (In Us Dollars)
These passes can only be purchased by foreign nationals and NRIs on payment of U.S. Dollars ($), Pound Sterling (£ ) , Euro. The important rules are printed on the Indrail passes.
|Period of Validity||I AC Class||First Class AC-2Tier AC-3Tier AC Chair Car||Sleeper Class Second Class (Non AC)|
|1/2 Day* (12 hrs.)||57||29||26||13||11||6|
|01 Day* (24 hrs.)||95||47||43||22||19||10|
|02 Days (48 hrs.)||160||80||70||35||30||15|
- These Indrail Passes are hourly based and validity starts from the time of the departure of train.
- These passes are valid in one class lower than the class for which they are issued when travelling by Rajdhani Express trains i.e. Half day(12 hrs.), One day (24 hrs.) or Two days (48 hrs.). Indrail Passes of 1st A C are valid in 2 AC and First Class Indrail Passes are valid in 3 AC of Rajdhani Express.
- Rest of the Indrail Passes are valid in the class for which they are issued of all trains.
- Second /Sleeper Class Indrail Passes are not valid in Rajdhani/Shatabdi Express trains.
- Indrail Passes are available for sale at major Railway Stations over Indian Railways viz – Agra Cantt, Agra City, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bangalore City, Howrah, Chennai, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gorakhpur, Hyderabad, Jaipaur, Mumbai, New Delhi, Puttaparthi Town Booking Agency, Rameshwaram, Secunderabad, Trivandrum Central, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vasco da gama and Vijayawada.
- Indrail Passes are sold outside India through our General Sales Agents appointed by Indian Railways in Bahrain, Columbo, Germany, Oman,U.A.E, U.K and Nepal.
- Certain recognised travel agents are also authorised to sell these passes in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai.
List of Authorized GSAS
Indrail passes are sold through General Sales Agents abroad at Oman, Malaysia, UK, Germany, UAE,Germany,Nepal and Indian Airlines overseas outlets at Kuwait, Bahrain and Columbo.
|1||M/s National Travel and Tourism, |
P.O. Box 962, PC 113
Muttrah, Muscat, Sultanate-of-Oman
|Phone No. 009685666046|
Fax No. 00968566125
|2||M/s city East West Travels, |
23 Jalan Yapah Shak 50300, Kualalumpur, Malaysia
|Phone No. 0060326910903 |
Fax No. 0060326919829
|3||M/s S.D. Enterprises Ltd, |
103, Wembley Park Drive,
Wembley HA 98 HG,
Midllx. (England) U.K.
|Phone No. 001819033411 |
Fax No. 00442089030392
|4||M/s Asra Orient, |
D-60329, Frankfurt/ AM, Main Germany
|Phone No. 069253098 |
Fax No. 004969232045
|5||M/s.Sharjah National Travels & Tourist Agency Pvt. Ltd. |
P.O. Box. 17 Sharjah U.A.E
|Phone No. 0097165517468 |
Fax No. 0097165683535
|6||Orient Paradise Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd. |
GSA of Indian Railway in Nepal
|Phone No. 00977-1-4428462|
Fax No. 00977-1-4437990
|7 (i)||Indian Airlines Ltd. |
No. 4,Briston Complex, Bton Street,
|Phone No. 00941323136 |
Fax No. 00941445534
|(ii)||Indian Airlines Ltd. |
M/s Dadabhai Travels ,
P.O Bo.387, Bahrain.
|Phone No. 00973223181 |
Fax No. 00973210191
|(iii)||Indian Airlines. |
AL. Hilaliah Bldg. Alsoor street .
State of Kuwait.
|Phone No. 009652456700 |
Fax No. 009652434700.