Indian Railway’s first Humsafar Express Trains services was inaugurated on 16th December 2016. Humsafar Express was full 3-tier AC train with an optional service for meals(Upto Sept 2019). This train is being targeted to middle – class travellers. This is an affordable luxury train service. It help to travel all around India without spending too much money.
- Updated Fare Details of Humsafar Express Trains
- Main Features
- List of Humsafar Express Trains
- Humsafar Express Trains in India ~ Demo
The main goal of Humsafar Express train services is to provide people with a high quality solution for rail travel at a reasonable rate. The first Humsafar Express run between Gorakhpur and Anand Vihar.
Updated Fare Details of Humsafar Express Trains
(Updated 21 SEP 2019)
Ministry of Railways has decided to rationalize the fare structure and composition of Humsafar class of trains making them more affordable and comfortable. Passenger can now enjoy the modern facilities of Humsafar trains at lower rates.
Details are here.
- The existing variable fare system of the Humsafar class of trains has been done away with which means these trains will now have only ‘fixed’ fare system.
- The base fare of Humsafar trains will be 1.15 times of the base fare of Mail/Express Trains and not “Super fast” Mail/Express Trains which will lead to reduction in the Humsafar base fare.
- The Tatkal charges in Humsafar have also been reduced from existing 1.5 times of Humsafar base fare to approximately 1.3 times of Humsafar base fare.
- These Tatkal charges will be subject to maximum and minimum limit like normal Tatkal rule. This means that Tatkal fare in Humsafar trains has been brought equivalent to the Normal Tatkal Rule of other Mail/Express trains (Humsafar base fare + Normal Class wise Tatkal charges).
- Sleeper class coaches will also be attached in addition to existing only 3AC class coaches as per the requirement and as per the decision of the Zonal Railways. Earlier it was it offers 16 AC 3-Tier coaches with 72 seats each . There are also 2 power cars in the fleet. The train speed is from 110 to 130 km/ph on average.
- Tickets under current booking after the first charting shall be sold with 10% discount on the applicable basic fare and other supplementary charges like all other trains.
- Other charges like reservation fee, super fast surcharge, GST etc., as applicable shall be levied separately.
- Catering shall be optional
- The advance reservation period (ARP) shall be 120 days.
- Issue of tickets on warrants shall be allowed.
- Normal cancellation and refund rule shall apply.
The revised fare structure shall be implemented w.e.f Advance Reservation Period/No booking date after making required changes in PRS system. The attachment of the sleeper class coaches has already been started from i.e. 13th September, 2019. Four Sleeper class coaches have already been attached in Anand Vihar-Allahabad Humsafar Express today i.e. 13th September, 2019.
Vacant berths left after first charting would be offered for current booking. Tickets under current booking shall be sold with 10% discount on the applicable basic fare and other supplementary charges like reservation fee, super fast charges, GST etc., as applicable shall be levied in full.
Comparative Fare structure of Humsafar Trains
Comparative Fare structure of Humsafar Trains Pre revised and Post Revised is as under :-
|Pre Revised||Post Revised|
|Base Fare||1.15 times of the base fare of Super Fast Mail/Express Trains||1.15 times of the base fare of Mail/Express trains|
|Variation of Fare||First 50% on Normal Humsafar fare. Subsequent 50% on variable fare subject to maximum 1.5 times||Fixed fare as above|
|Tatkal Charges||1.5 times of Humsafar base fare||Normal Humsafar Tatkal fare, which is normally 1.3 times of base fare subject to maximum and minimum limit.|
|Applicable Class||Only 3 AC||Along with 3 AC Sleeper Class can also be attached|
Fare structure of sleeper class coaches in Humsafar train
Rationalisation of Fare Structure of Humsafar Train
Fare Structure of Humsafar Train
Attachment of LVPH by Humsafar Express
Attachment of LVPH by Humsafar Express
Main Features of Humsafar Express Trains are following.
Benefits of Humsafar Express
- The train has a very efficient systems to detect fire and smoke as well as control them, which enhance safety to the passengers.
- The berths of Humsafar Express are now more comfortable than the previous 3-tier AC sleeper with Khadi bedrolls.
- Humsafar Express features side curtains on corridors like AC-2 to maintain privacy.
The LED screens on Humsafar Express display information about stations, train speed and others.
- There are mobile and laptop charging points next to each column of berths.
There are odour control systems, GPS-based information systems, toilet occupancy indicators.
- The toilets have plush interiors, with soap dispensers and heat detection devices.
Each coach has a small pantry unit which is equipped with a coffee/tea/ soup vending machine, a heating chamber and a refrigerating box.
Existing Features of Humsafar Express Coaches are following.
Existing Features of Humsafar Express Coaches are following.
- Bio – toilets
- Charging stations for mobile charging
- LED Screens to show the details on where the train is, what stations are coming and other important train related annoucement.
- Hygenic and Refrigerated Pantry.
- Aesthetically pleasing colour scheme with anti-graffiti coating and distinctive 3D numbering on the exterior.
- Pleasing interiors with attractive and colourfully co-ordinated seats, berths, partitions, curtains, improved/hygienic toilets, film type mirrors, etc.
- Deodorizer, Dustbins, Sleek bottle holders in the cabins
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) surveillance of the common areas of the coaches.
- Integrated Braille displays for the visually impaired.
- Hygienic lavatories with odour flushing system
- Global Positioning System (GPS) based Passenger information system
- Passenger announcement system
- Fire and Smoke detection system in the coaches.
- Fire detection and suppression system in the Power cars
- Equipped with Auto Vending Machine and Mini Pantry with Oven/Fridge. Vending Machines for various drinks
- Those who bring their own meals on board can enjoy the refrigeration box and heating space on each train car.
- These trains will feature side curtains on the corridors like 2 AC which were removed from 3-tier AC sleepers.
- The berths will more comfortable than the previous 3-tier AC sleeper rakes.
- Each and every coupe and side berth having curtains to maintain privacy.
But Indian Railway is going to upgrade the Humsafar Express with more features and following are the details.
The Additional Features
The additional features of Humsafar new rake offers:
- Single Piece Side Lower Berth (previously 2 piece)
- Mobile Charging point for each berth (previously 3 chargers for 8 passengers) including USB charging points.
- Reading light for each berth (previously only the lower berths had reading lights)
- Convenient upper berth climbing arrangement
- Urinal in 2 toilets per coach
- Baby Nappy Changing Pad in 2 toilets per coach
- Display Monitor Screen for the CCTV installed in the coach.
- Dustbins in each bay inside the coach.
List of Humsafar Express Trains
At present 35 pairs (70 trains) Humsafar Trains are running over Indian Railways (Upto Sep 2019).
|Train No.||Days of Services||Destinations||-||Train No.||Days of Services||Destinations|
|22317||Monday||Sealdah - Jammu Tawi||-||22318||Wed||Jammu Tawi - Sealdah|
|22833||Monday||Bhubaneswar - Krishnarajapuram||-||22834||Tu||Krishanrajapurm - Bhubaneswar|
|12571||Sunday, W, F, Sat||Gorakhpur - Anand Vihar Terminus||-||12572||M, Th, Sa, Sunday||Anand Vihar Terminus - Gorakhpur|
|12595||M, Tu, Th||Gorakhpur - Anand Vihar Terminus||-||12596||Tu, W, F||Anand Vihar Terminus - Gorakhpur|
|20889||Sat||Howrah - Tirupati||-||20890||Sunday||Tirupati - Howrah|
|22887||Tu||Howarh- Yesvantpur||-||22888||Th||Yesvantpur - Howarh|
|22867||Tu, F||Durg - Nizamuddin||-||22868||W, Sa||Nizamuddin - Durg|
|22920||Monday||Ahmedabad - MGR Chennai||-||22919||W||MGR Chennai - Ahmedabad|
|22705||Tu||Tirupati - Jammu Tawi||-||22706||F||Jammu Tawi - Tirupati|
|22913||Sunday||Bandra T - Saharsa||-||22914||Tu||Saharsa - Bandra T|
|22497||Tu||Sriganganagar - Tiruchchirapalli||-||22498||Friday||Tiruchchirapalli - Sriganganagar|
|12504||Tu, Sat||Agartala - Bengaluru Cantt||-||12503||F, Tu||Bengaluru Cantt - Agartala|
|20821||Monday||Pune - Santragachi||-||20822||Sa||Santragachi - Pune|
|14815||Wed||Bhagat Ki Kothi - Tambaram||-||14816||F||Tambaram - Bhagat Ki Kothi|
|20827||Th||Jabalpur - Santragachi||-||20828||Wed||Santragachi - Jabalpur|
|12275||Tu, Th, F, Su||Allahabad - New Delhi||-||12276||W, F, Sa, M||New Delhi - Allahabad|
|22437||M, W, Sat||Allahabad - Anand Vihar||-||22438||Tu, Thu, Su||Anand Vihar - Allahabad|
|19315||Sunday||Lingampalli - Indore||-||19316||Sat||Indore - Lingampalli|
|19317||Tu||Indore - Puri||-||19318||Wed||Puri - Indore|
|15705||Mon, Th||Katihar - Delhi||-||15706||Tue, Fri||Delhi - Katihar|
|19667||M||Udaipur - Mysore||-||19668||Th||Mysore - Udaipur|
|22985||Sat||Udaipur - Delhi Sarai Rohilla||-||22986||Sun||Delhi Sarai Rohilla - Udaipur|
|19423||Th||Tirunelveli - Gandhidham||-||19424||M||Gandhidham -Tirunelveli|
|19043||Th||Bandra T - Bhagat Ki Kothi||-||19044||F||Bhagat Ki Kothi -Bandra Terminus|
|11417||Th||Pune - Nagpur||-||11418||F||Nagpur - Pune|
|12235||F||Madhupru - Anand Vihar Terminus||-||12236||Th||Anand Vihar Terminus - Madhupur|
|12751||F||H.S Nanded - Jammu Tawi||-||12752||Sun||Jammu Tawi - H.S.Nanded|
|16319||Th, Sa||Kochuveli - Banaswadi||-||16320||Su, Fr||Banaswadi - Kochuveli|
|19669||Wed||Udaipur - Patliputra||-||19670||F||Patliputra - Udaipur|
|22139||Sat||Pune - Ajni||-||22140||Sunday||Ajni - Pune|
|22169||Wed||Habibganj - Santragachi||-||22170||Th||Santragachi - Habibganj|
|22171||Sunday||Pune - Habibganj||-||22172||Sa||Habibganj - Pune|
|22353||Th||Patna - Banaswadi||-||22354||Sunday||Banaswadi - Patna|
|22923||M, W, Sat||Bandra Terminus - Jamnagar||-||22924||Tu, Thu, Su||Jamnagar - Bandra Terminus|
|19603||Sat||Ajmer - Rameshwaram||-||19604||Tu||Rameshwaram - Ajmer|
For getting more details about Humsafar New Trains , please go through New Train Details 2020
Humsafar Express Trains in India ~ Demo
Please find the following you-tube video with Indian Railway official explained the Humsafar Express latest features one by one for the passengers convinence.