Harbour Line Extension between Andheri and Goregaon
Indian Railway announced that Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis together will inaugurate newly extended Harbour line section between Andheri and Goregaon today i.e on 29.03.2018 at 07.15 pm. Details of Harbour Line extension between Andheri and Goregaon
The extension of harbour line from Andheri to Goregaon is a project worth Rs 103 crore and is part of the Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP)-2. “From April 1, we will operate 49 services on harbour line till Goregaon,” said Mukul Jain, divisional railway manager (Mumbai), Western Railway (WR).
Extension of Harbour lines from Andheri to Goregaon will provide seamless connectivity from CSMT to Goregaon. It is expected that over 13000 Harbour line commuters will be specially benefitted along with others. Till now, Harbour line, a direct connect to CSMT on Central Railway, had been available up to Andheri on Western Railway.
Today Railway will introduce 49 suburban services on this section along with host of amenities for the convenience of commuters.
Andheri – Goregaon : Harbour Line Section extension summary
- Regular Harbour line services to start from April 1st, 2018.
- First service from Goregaon at 09.42 am.
- Last service from CSMT at 07.37 pm.
- 42 Harbour line services between CSMT and Goregaon
- 1 lakh commuters from Goregaon, Ram Mandir, Jogeshwari to benefit.
- 7 Western Railway services between Churchgate and Goregaon.
The Minster will also inaugurate various passenger amenities such as :-
- Escalators at CSMT, Dockyard Road, Thane and Lonavala stations.
- Lifts at Borivali and Dadar
- New elevated booking officed at Andheri
- Foot over bridges at Chunabhatti and an extended FOB at Virar.
- Additional services on Neral – Matheran section
- Sloar Panels at Ram Mandir and Santacruz Stations
- LED Lights at all stations of Western Railway and Central Railway
Andheri – Goregaon : New Harbour Line Services
With the extension and commissioning of the harbour line section from Andheri to Goregaon , some of the existing services will be extended upto Goregaon with effect from 1st April, 2018. Total 49 harbour line services i.e. 25 UP and 24 Down services will be extended from Andheri upto Goregaon.
There will also be changes in platform for some of the services. Accordingly, the following trains will be received at Platform No.2 instead of Platform No.1 at Andheri station.
|Sr No.||Train No.||Andheri|
|1||AD 90279/AD 90312||9.41||9.45|
|2||AD 90313/AD 90342||9.08||9.1|
|3||AD 90347/AD 90386||10.36||10.39|
|4||AD 90383/ AD90418||10.58||11.06|
|5||AD 90513/ AD 90520||12.53||13.01|
|6||AD 90743/ AD 90746||16.53||17.04|
|7||AD 90773/ AD 90774||17.24||17.3|
|8||AD 90827/ AD 90838||18.14||18.22|
Andheri – Goregaon : Time Table
Time Table of Andheri – Goregaon are under.
EXTENSION OF ADH – CSMT (UP) SERVICES EX GMN W.E.F 01.04.2018 (SUNDAY).
EXTENSION OF CSMT – ADH (DOWN) SERVICES EX GMN W.E.F 01.04.2018 (SUNDAY)