Indian Railway launched Gatiman Express on 5th April 2016. Gatiman Express is semi -high speed Luxury train. Gatiman Express start from H.Nizamuddin, Delhi. Now the train is upto Gwalior station only. But Railway decided to extend the stop upto Jhansi from April 1st, 2018. Other proposed stops are Bina , Vidisha and Bhopal, and this will come into effect from 1st July, 2018.
Gatimaan Express Extended to Boost Tourism
India’s Fastest Train Gatimaan Express Extended up to Bundelkhand Region : To Boost Tourism in the Region
India’s fastest train Gatimaan Express has been extended up to Bundelkhand Region w.e.f 1st April, 2018, Railway announced through a press release. It has been notified that the Train Nos. 12049/12050 Nizammuddin – Agra Cantt Gatimaan Express has been extended upto Gwalior/Jhansi for facilitating passengers.
The extension of this prestigious premium train will facilitate movement of tourists to various tourist attractions in and around Gwalior and Jhansi of Bundelkhand region. It will boost the tourism in the region.
The train will run six days a week as per below time tables except Friday. The train will run as per following details:-
Details of Extension upto Gwalior
- Train No 12050 Nizammuddin-Gwalior Gatimaan Express train will depart from Nizammuddin at 08.10 hrs and reach Agra Cantt at 09.50 – 09.55 hrs and will reach Gwalior at 11.25 hrs.
- Train No 12049 Gwalior- Nizammuddin Gatimaan Express train will depart from Gwalior at 16.15 hrs and arrive Agra Cantt at 17.45 hrs – 17.50 hrs and will arrive Nizammuddin at 19.30 hrs.
Details of Extension upto Jhansi
- Train No 12050 Nizammuddin – Jhansi Gatimaan Express train will depart from Nizamuddin at 08.10 hrs and reach Agra Cantt at 09.50 – 09.55 hrs and reach Gwalior at 11.16 – 11.18 hrs and will arrive Jhansi at 12.35 hrs.
- Train No 12049 Jhansi – Nizammuddin Gatimaan Express train depart from Jhansi at 15.05 hrs and reach Gwalior at 16.05 – 16.07 hrs and reach Agra Cantt at 17.45 – 17.50 hrs and will arrive Nizammuddin at 19.30 hrs.
Details of Gatiman Express
Train Nos.12050/12049 Gatiman Express
- Train No.12049 Dn Agra Cantonment railway station to Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station.
- Train No.12050 Up Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station to Agra Cantonment railway station.
Main Features of Gatiman Express
- Speed :- Run between Nizamuddin – Agra Cantt will cover 200 kms in 105 minutes. Maximum Speed 160 km/hour. To run six days a week, except Fridays.
- Fare Details :- The fares are 25 percent higher than Shatabdi Expresses. 2 Executive AC chair Cars, Fare is Rs.1365/- 8 AC Chair Car coaches, Fare Rs.690/-
- Facilities :- Cuisine options, free TV
Cuisine Options : – Train Pantry will serve mini dosa, Kanjeevaram idli, wholewheat upma, fresh cut fruits, aloo kulcha with Swiss roll, roasted dry fruit, chicken sausages with Spanish egg white omelette and date walnut slice cakes in bone china crockery.
Other Features :- High power emergency braking, Automatic fire alarm, GPS – based passenger information, Sliding doors in coaches.
- Other Route Information :- Gatiman Express are being planned on 9 more routes including Kanpur – Delhi, Chandigarh – Delhi, Hyderabad – Chennai, Nagpur – Bilaspur, Goa – Mumbai and Nagpur – Secunderabad.
The timing and Halting of Gatiman Express (Proposed and Current Stations)
Starting from Nizamuddin
- Nizamuddin – 08.10
- Agra – 09.50 : 09.55
- Gwalior – 11.25 : 11.30
- Jhansi (From April 1st) – 12.35 – 12.37
- Bina (From July 1st) – 13.50 – 13 – 52
- Vidisha (From July 1st) – 14.40 – 14.41
- Bhopal (From July 1st) – 15.10
Starting from Bhopal
- Bhopal (From July 1st) – 16.00
- Vidisha (From July 1st) – 16.20 : 16.21
- Bina (From July 1st) – 17.00 : 17.02
- Jhansi (From April 1st) – 18.05 : 18.10
- Gwalior – 19.10 : 19.15
- Agra – 20.35 : 20.38
- Nizamuddin – 22.00
Gatiman Express extended run timetable
|Details of Extension up to Gwalior|
|Train No 12050 Nizammuddin-Gwalior Gatimaan Exp||Stations||Train No 12049 Gwalior-Nizammuddin Gatimaan Exp|
|Arrival - 11:25||Gwalior||Departure-16:15|
|Details of Extension up to Jhansi|
|Train No 12050 Nizammuddin-Jhansi Gatimaan Exp||Train No 12049 Jhansi-Nizammuddin Gatimaan Exp.|
Presently, the train runs between Hazrat Nizamuddin and Agra Cantonment stations of Northern Railway (NR) and North Central Railway (NCR).
Gatimaan Express was extended upto Gwalior on February 19, with its extension upto Jhansi scheduled with effect from April 01, 2018, a famous Newspaper reported. The extension of this train comes as a bid to boost tourism, especially in the Bundelkhand area of Uttar Pradesh. On the new stretch, the train will run at a speed of 130 kmph and not at its original speed. The Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi route is fit for only 130 kmph only, so the train has to run at that speed, newspaper reported.
Bundelkhand area near Jhansi such Jhansi Fort, Rani Mahal, Barua Sagar, St. Jude Shrine, Orchha fort (which houses many palaces like Jahangir Mahal, Raja Mahal, and the Ram Raja temple), Pitambara Peeth at Datia and Jain Temple at Sonagir. Those choosing to stop over at Gwalior would have the opportunity to visit the Gwalior Fort, Sun Temple, Jai Vilas Palace, Gujari Mahal, Tansen Tomb, and Man Singh Palace at Gwalior.