Gati Shakti Cargo Terminals
Details about Gati Shakti Cargo Terminals
Prime Minister launched PM Gati Shakti – National Master Plan for Multi-modal Connectivity, essentially a digital platform to bring 16 Ministries including Railways and Roadways together for integrated planning and coordinated implementation of infrastructure connectivity projects.The multi-modal connectivity will provide integrated and seamless connectivity for movement of people, goods and services from one mode of transport to another. It will facilitate the last mile connectivity of infrastructure and also reduce travel time for people.
PM GatiShakti is based on six pillars:
- Comprehensiveness: It will include all the existing and planned initiatives of various Ministries and Departments with one centralized portal. Each and every Department will now have visibility of each other’s activities providing critical data while planning & execution of projects in a comprehensive manner.
- Prioritization: Through this, different Departments will be able to prioritize their projects through cross–sectoral interactions.
- Optimization: The National Master Plan will assist different ministries in planning for projects after identification of critical gaps. For the transportation of the goods from one place to another, the plan will help in selecting the most optimum route in terms of time and cost.
- Synchronization: Individual Ministries and Departments often work in silos. There is lack of coordination in planning and implementation of the project resulting in delays. PM GatiShakti will help in synchronizing the activities of each department, as well as of different layers of governance, in a holistic manner by ensuring coordination of work between them.
- Analytical: The plan will provide the entire data at one place with GIS based spatial planning and analytical tools having 200+ layers, enabling better visibility to the executing agency.
- Dynamic: All Ministries and Departments will now be able to visualize, review and monitor the progress of cross-sectoral projects, through the GIS platform, as the satellite imagery will give on-ground progress periodically and progress of the projects will be updated on a regular basis on the portal. It will help in identifying the vital interventions for enhancing and updating the master plan.
Gati Shakti Express Cargo Service ~ Joint Parcel Product of Railways & India Post
Western Railway announced that Indian Railways & India Post launches Rail Post Gati Shakti Express Cargo Service, Joint Parcel Product of Railways & India Post. A cargo express service has been flagged off from Surat to Narayanpur Anant on 16.02.2023. It will provide door to door experience with advanced security.
For more details, please check here :- GatiShakti Sanchar Portal
- Parcel Cargo Express Train
- Time-Tabled Freight Trains
- Cloak Room / Luggage Rooms and Locker Charges in Indian Railway
- Gati Shakti Cargo Terminals