Garib Rath Express Train
The Garib Rath express train is one of the premier trains introduced by the Indian Railways in 2005 by Railways Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav.
Garib Rath introduced to provide fully air-conditioned travel to those passengers who could not afford the expensive tickets of the fully air-conditioned Rajdhani Express and Shatabdi Express.
The Garib Rath, whose name means “Poor Man’s Chariot“, was introduced with the facilities of being fully air-conditioned and running faster than most other super-fast express trains running presently.
The maximum speed of Garib Rath trains is 130 km/hr which is the same as Rajdhani’s top speed. However, in Garib Rath trains, passengers are not normally provided with blankets and pillow and they have to pay extra to get those.
- Fare of Garib Rath Express Trains
- List of Garibrath Express Trains
- RAC System in Garib Rath Express Trains
- Garib Rath Express: New Booking Option
- Decker Train in India
- The maiden journey of the train started from Saharsa, Bihar to Amritsar, Punjab.
- Critics and observers alike noted that the maiden journey was chosen between two commercially unimportant routes as many local Bihari people had migrated to Punjab and Yadav’s origination from Bihar led him to choose this route for political purposes.
- Despite the criticism, the Garib Rath has received positive reviews, with the train capacity reaching near 100% in off-season timings
- Garib Rath trains are also slated to have many amenities such as fridge, microwave oven.
- They will have continuous running electronic display which will show distance remaining, next station name and expected time to reach there. The coaches will also be decorated with beautiful paintings of Indian heritage artwork.
- The emergence of the Garib Rath has led to more connections between commercially important routes, where these trains run faster and make fewer stops, such as the Bandra – Hazrat Nizammudin Express compared to the August Kranti Rajdhani Express.
Fare of Garib Rath Express Trains
Here is the updated Base fare of Garib Rath Express Trains
List of Garibrath Express Trains
There are 26 pairs of Garib Rath services operating on Indian Railways. These are very popular services as they facilitate AC travel at fares which are lower than the normal AC-3 tier fares.
|List of Garibrath Express Trains|
|Train No.||Destinations||Inauguarted on|
|12203/04||Saharsa Junction–Amritsar Junction||5 Oct 2006|
|12113/14||Pune–Nagpur||19 Jan 2009|
|12187/88||Jabalpur Junction–Mumbai CSMT||20 Feb 2009|
|12201/02||Lokmanya Tilak Terminus–Kochuveli||1 Feb 2008|
|12207/08||Kathgodam–Jammu Tawi||8 Apr 2008|
|12209/10||Kanpur Central – Kathgodam||16 Sep 2008|
|12211/12||Muzaffarpur Junction–Anand Vihar Terminal||11 Feb 2009|
|12215/16||Delhi Sarai Rohilla–Bandra Terminus||7 Feb 2008|
|12257/58||Yesvantpur Junction–Kochuveli||24 Feb 2009|
|12359/60||Kolkata–Patna Junction||24 Jan 2008|
|12517/18||Kolkata–Guwahati Junction||30 Mar 2008|
|12535/36||Lucknow Charbagh–Raipur Junction||23 Feb 2008|
|12569/70||Jaynagar–Anand Vihar Terminal||29 Sep 2008|
|12593/94||Lucknow Charbagh–Bhopal Junction||19 Nov 2011|
|12611/12||Chennai Central–Hazrat Nizamuddin||21 Feb 2007|
|12735/36||Secunderabad Junction–Yesvantpur Junction||1 Feb 2008|
|12739/40||Visakhapatnam–Secunderabad||25 Oct 2008|
|12831/32||Bokaro Steel City–Bhubaneswar||8 Mar 2008|
|12877/78||Ranchi Junction–New Delhi||28 Jan 2009|
|12881/82||Kolkata Shalimar–Puri||6 Jan 2009|
|12909/10||Bandra Terminus–Hazrat Nizamuddin||24 Feb 2007|
|12983/84||Ajmer Junction – Chandigarh||14 Feb 2009|
|22405/06||Bhagalpur Junction–Anand Vihar Terminal||10 Feb 2011|
|22407/08||Varanasi Junction–Anand Vihar Terminal||3 Mar 2009|
|22409/10||Gaya Junction–Anand Vihar Terminal||3 July 2011|
|22883/84||Puri–Yesvantpur Junction||20 July 2012|
RAC System in Garib Rath Express Trains
Indian Railway announced on 07.11.2022 that Railway has been decided that in the coaches having 9 berther bays, attached in Garib Rath Express trains, no RAC accommodation should be earmarked.
Provision of RAC system in Garib Rath Express Trains ~ 07.11.2022
Provision of RAC system in modified 3 AC/Sleeper Class coaches ~ 10.01.2008
Provision of RAC system in Garib Rath ~ 14.11.2006
Garib Rath Express :: Booking Option
South Central Railway announced that the passengers are request to compulsory select their Option for bedrolls while booking tickets for Garib Rath Express Trains under the South Central Railway zones.
For this passengers are requested to pay Rs.25/- as extra charges per Bedrolls while booking the ticket. Tickets booking through Internet and Reservation Counter avail this option. This option will be effective from January 17th, 2013.
Can we get the blanket in Yuva express From Mumbai to Nizamudin
I cant find any attendent . N cant get bedrole even though i pay for bedrole during ticket booking in 12187 garibrath express
I forgot to add bedroll option while booking tickets. Can i book now?? Or will i surely get bedroll in train by paying cash?
You can purchase (rented) bedroll while travelling. But this is subject to availability of stock.
You can also purchase your own bedroll online using IRCTC catering and tourism website / IRCTC outlets available on railway stations for more details on this available on 'Bedroll in Train Online Purchase topic'.
I have booked Ticket Online of garibrath from ajmer to mumbai but end laat it doesn't get confirmed n i m not travelling So Wht Refund i ll get pls help me
What's the cancellation charges in garib rath?is it a regular price or different.
Yes. Garib rath also following normal cancellation process. For more information visit Latest Refund Rule Details
Why garib rath is not showing in irctc booking site?
Garib rath will show in IRCTC Booking site. Let me know which train no you are checking for.