E-Pass Facility for Railway Employees
Indian Railway launched (13.08.2020) the E-pass module of the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) developed by CRIS for online pass generation and ticket booking by railway employees, Railway announced via Press release.
The E-Pass module has been developed by CRIS under the HRMS project and will be rolled out over Indian Railways in a phased manner. With this facility, Railway employee is neither supposed to come to the office for applying for Pass nor has to wait for the pass being issued. The employee will be able to apply for a pass online from anywhere and get the E-Pass generated online. The complete process of application and generation of Pass is mobile friendly. Ticket booking on pass may also be done online on the IRCTC site apart from the earlier facility of counter booking from the PRS/UTS counter.
This facility will help Railway employee in using their pass hassle-free and simultaneously make the working of all officials involved in the issuance of Pass smooth.
Salient Features of E-Privilege Pass/PTO Module
The salient features of E-Privilege Pass/PTO module are as under :-
- E- Privilege Pass/PTO module shall be available initially to all serving employees of Indian Railways w.e.f. 24.08.2020 and privilege pass/PTO generated through digital mode can be utilised for booking physical tickets across PRS/UTS counters and online tickets through IRCTC.
- No convenience fee shall be levied by IRCTC in case of online booking of tickets using E-Privilege Pass/PTO.
- The provision of physical passes shall also be there up to 31.10.2020. Employees who wish to avail Privilege Pass/PTO in the physical form can avail the same during this period. However, from 01.11.2020 onwards, Privilege Passes/PTOs will be available only in the digital form.
- The Complementary passes for retired employees in digital mode will be available tentatively w.e.f 1.10.2020.
- Those employees who have once switched to E-Privilege Pass/PTO module shall not be able to avail physical passes.
- There will not be any restriction on using the physical pass availed till 31.10.2020 for booking the tickets through PRS/UTS counters until the validity of physical privilege pass/PTO. Since as per extant instructions validity of privilege Passes/PTOs is five months, w.e.f. 01.04.2021, there shall be no booking on. physical passes across computerised Passenger Reservation System (PRS)/Unreserved Ticketing(UTS) counters.
- For a reserved journey, the ticket should be taken from the PRS counter/IRCTC website. For an unreserved journey, the ticket should be taken from UTS counter/UTS Mobile App.
- All rules pertaining to the booking of ticket, revalidation, usage, charging etc. regarding privilege pass/PTOs in case of physical passes/PTOs shall remain same in e-privilege passes/PTO, with minor operational amendments, where ever required.
Further information are in :- http:/‘www.indianrailways.gov.in’railwayboard’> Corporate Overview > Directorates > Pay Commission > Pay Commission- VII.
- The employee will be able to apply for a pass online from anywhere and get the E-Pass generated online.
- Railway employee is neither supposed to come to the office for applying for Pass nor has to wait for the pass being issued.
- The complete process of application and generation of Pass is mobile friendly.
- Ticket booking on pass may also be done online on the IRCTC site
Railway officials need to travel across distances for official work. This will boost the operational efficiency of officials. This facility will help Railway employees in using their pass hassle-free and simultaneously make the working of all officials involved in the issuance of Pass smooth.
HRMS project is a comprehensive plan for the digitization of the complete HR process of the Indian Railway. A total of 21 modules has been planned in HRMS. Basic data entry of around 97% of railway employees has been completed in Employee master and E-Service record modules of HRMS which had been launched last year. CRIS is also going to launch the Office order module and settlement modules of HRMS very shortly.
“Basic data entry of around 97% of railway employees has been completed in employee master and e-service record modules of HRMS, which had been launched last year,” the railways said. The CRIS is also going to launch Office order module and settlement modules of HRMS very soon, the railway’s statement said.