Duronto Express Passenger Services in India
Duronto Express trains are a set of specialised rail services by Indian Railways like Rajdhani Express and Shatabdi Express trains. These are the non-stop point to point rail services introduced for the first time in the history of India. These services connect the metros and major state capitals of India.
Introduced in the Indian Rail Budget 2009-10, these trains run non-stop from source and destinations with some technical and crew halts in the journey. The Duronto express trains are projected to be the fastest trains in India. With four different classes of accommodation, the Duronto trains would provided with many passenger facilities than any other train service on Indian Railways. The livery of these trains is painted splashes of colors. There would be a pantry car also, provided in the train.
Duronto Express Train List
|Train No||Train Name||Source Station||Departure Time||Destination Station||Arrival Time|
|Train No. 02013||DURONTO EXPRESS||SHALIMAR||18:15||PATNA JN||2:50|
|Train No. 02201||DURONTO SPECIAL||SEALDAH||15:15||PURI||4:00|
|Train No. 02259||NDLS PREMIUM SPL||SEALDAH||18:30||NEW DELHI||11:25|
|Train No. 02260||SDAH PREMIUM||NEW DELHI||19:45||SEALDAH||12:30|
|Train No. 02265||ANVT SUVIDHA SPL||SEALDAH||15:20||ANAND VIHAR TRM||13:45|
|Train No. 02266||SDAH SUVIDHA||ANAND VIHAR TRM||18:45||SEALDAH||16:40|
|Train No. 02313||SDAH NDLS SPL||SEALDAH||18:30||NEW DELHI||11:25|
|Train No. 02314||NDLS SDAH SPL||NEW DELHI||19:45||SEALDAH||12:30|
|Train No. 02355||SUVIDHA SPECIAL||PATNA JN||10:30||MUMBAI CST||13:35|
|Train No. 02822||PUNE SUVIDHA SPL||HOWRAH JN||10:25||PUNE JN||18:40|
|Train No. 04415||BJU NDLS SUVIDHA||BARAUNI JN||21:35||NEW DELHI||22:10|
|Train No. 04416||NDLS BJU SUVIDHA||NEW DELHI||19:25||BARAUNI JN||18:50|
|Train No. 04421||BDTS NZM SUVIDHA||BANDRA TERMINUS||23:35||H NIZAMUDDIN||19:05|
|Train No. 04422||NZM BDTS SUVIDHA||H NIZAMUDDIN||21:35||BANDRA TERMINUS||16:35|
|Train No. 09013||LUCKNOW SUVIDHA||MUMBAI CENTRAL||20:35||LUCKNOW NE||20:35|
|Train No. 09014||LJN BCT SUVIDHA||LUCKNOW NE||22:45||MUMBAI CENTRAL||23:25|
|Train No. 09417||ADI DEE SUVIDHA||AHMEDABAD JN||16:10||DELHI S ROHILLA||6:50|
|Train No. 09418||DEE ADI SUVIDHA||DELHI S ROHILLA||16:15||AHMEDABAD JN||7:00|
|Train No. 12213||DURONTO EXPRESS||YESVANTPUR JN||23:40||DELHI S ROHILLA||6:50|
|Train No. 12214||YPR DURONTO EXP||DELHI S ROHILLA||23:00||YESVANTPUR JN||7:55|
|Train No. 12219||SC DURONTO EXP||LOKMANYATILAK T||23:05||SECUNDERABAD JN||11:05|
|Train No. 12220||DURONTO AC EXP||SECUNDERABAD JN||23:05||LOKMANYATILAK T||11:05|
|Train No. 12221||HOWRAH DURONTO||PUNE JN||15:15||HOWRAH JN||19:40|
|Train No. 12222||HWH PUNE DURONTO||HOWRAH JN||8:20||PUNE JN||11:45|
|Train No. 12223||LTT ERS DURONTO||LOKMANYATILAK T||20:50||ERNAKULAM JN||17:45|
|Train No. 12224||ERS LTT DURONTO||ERNAKULAM JN||23:30||LOKMANYATILAK T||23:55|
|Train No. 12227||INDORE DURONTO||MUMBAI CENTRAL||23:15||INDORE JN BG||11:50|
|Train No. 12228||MUMBAI DURONTO||INDORE JN BG||23:00||MUMBAI CENTRAL||11:40|
|Train No. 12239||JAIPUR DURONTO||MUMBAI CENTRAL||23:15||JAIPUR||14:35|
|Train No. 12240||JP BCT DURONTO||JAIPUR||19:10||MUMBAI CENTRAL||11:40|
|Train No. 12245||HWH YPR DURONTO||HOWRAH JN||11:00||YESVANTPUR JN||16:00|
|Train No. 12246||DURONTO EXPRESS||YESVANTPUR JN||11:15||HOWRAH JN||16:10|
|Train No. 12259||NDLS DURONTO||SEALDAH||18:30||NEW DELHI||11:30|
|Train No. 12260||SDAH DURONTO EXP||NEW DELHI||19:40||SEALDAH||12:35|
|Train No. 12261||HOWRAH DURONTO||MUMBAI CST||17:15||HOWRAH JN||19:40|
|Train No. 12262||HWH CSTM DURONTO||HOWRAH JN||8:20||MUMBAI CST||10:30|
|Train No. 12263||NZM DURONTO EXP||PUNE JN||11:10||H NIZAMUDDIN||6:55|
|Train No. 12264||PUNE DURONTO EXP||H NIZAMUDDIN||10:55||PUNE JN||7:10|
|Train No. 12265||DEE JAT DURONTO||DELHI S ROHILLA||22:15||JAMMU TAWI||7:20|
|Train No. 12266||DURONTO EXPRESS||JAMMU TAWI||19:20||DELHI S ROHILLA||4:20|
|Train No. 12267||ADI DURONTO EXP||MUMBAI CENTRAL||23:25||AHMEDABAD JN||5:50|
|Train No. 12268||BCT DURONTO EXP||AHMEDABAD JN||23:45||MUMBAI CENTRAL||6:00|
|Train No. 12269||DURONTO EXPRESS||CHENNAI CENTRAL||6:40||H NIZAMUDDIN||10:35|
|Train No. 12270||MAS DURONTO EXP||H NIZAMUDDIN||15:45||CHENNAI CENTRAL||20:10|
|Train No. 12273||NDLS DURONTO||HOWRAH JN||12:45||NEW DELHI||6:20|
|Train No. 12274||HWH DURONTO EXP||NEW DELHI||12:55||HOWRAH JN||6:10|
|Train No. 12275||NDLS DURONTO EXP||ALLAHABAD JN||22:40||NEW DELHI||6:20|
|Train No. 12276||ALD DURONTO EXP||NEW DELHI||22:40||ALLAHABAD JN||6:10|
|Train No. 12281||BBS DURONTO EXP||BHUBANESWAR||8:10||NEW DELHI||6:20|
|Train No. 12282||BBS DURONTO EXP||NEW DELHI||12:55||BHUBANESWAR||10:50|
|Train No. 12283||ERS NZM DURONTO||ERNAKULAM JN||23:30||H NIZAMUDDIN||20:40|
|Train No. 12284||NZM ERS DURONTO||H NIZAMUDDIN||21:35||ERNAKULAM JN||15:20|
|Train No. 12285||NZM DURONTO EX||SECUNDERABAD JN||13:30||H NIZAMUDDIN||10:35|
|Train No. 12286||NZM SC DURONTO||H NIZAMUDDIN||15:45||SECUNDERABAD JN||14:00|
|Train No. 12289||NAGPUR DURONTO||MUMBAI CST||20:15||NAGPUR||7:20|
|Train No. 12290||NGP CSTM DURONTO||NAGPUR||20:40||MUMBAI CST||7:55|
|Train No. 12293||ALD DURONTO EXP||LOKMANYATILAK T||17:25||ALLAHABAD JN||12:25|
|Train No. 12294||ALD LTT DURONTO||ALLAHABAD JN||19:30||LOKMANYATILAK T||14:50|
|Train No. 12297||PUNE DURONTO||AHMEDABAD JN||22:30||PUNE JN||7:10|
|Train No. 12298||ADI DURONTO EXP||PUNE JN||21:35||AHMEDABAD JN||6:15|
|Train No. 22201||DURONTO EXPRESS||SEALDAH||20:00||PURI||4:00|
|Train No. 22202||DURONTO EXPRESS||PURI||19:45||SEALDAH||4:00|
|Train No. 22203||SC DURONTO EXP||VISAKHAPATNAM||19:55||SECUNDERABAD JN||6:15|
|Train No. 22204||VSKP DURONTO EX||SECUNDERABAD JN||20:30||VISAKHAPATNAM||6:05|
|Train No. 22205||MDU DURONTO EXP||CHENNAI CENTRAL||22:30||MADURAI JN||7:10|
|Train No. 22206||MAS DURONTO EXP||MADURAI JN||22:45||CHENNAI CENTRAL||7:15|
|Train No. 22207||SUPER AC EXP||CHENNAI CENTRAL||16:30||TRIVANDRUM CNTL||5:45|
|Train No. 22208||SUPER AC EXP||TRIVANDRUM CNTL||21:30||CHENNAI CENTRAL||10:30|
|Train No. 22209||NDLS DURONTO EXP||MUMBAI CENTRAL||23:15||NEW DELHI||16:30|
|Train No. 22210||BCT DURONTO||NEW DELHI||23:25||MUMBAI CENTRAL||16:15|
|Train No. 22211||AII NZM DURONTO||AJMER JN||5:50||H NIZAMUDDIN||12:35|
|Train No. 22212||NZM AII DURONTO||H NIZAMUDDIN||15:10||AJMER JN||21:50|
|Train No. 22213||SHM PNBE DURONTO||SHALIMAR||22:05||PATNA JN||6:40|
|Train No. 22214||DURONTO EXPRESS||PATNA JN||20:40||SHALIMAR||5:40|
|Train No. 22313||SUVIDHA AC EXP||SEALDAH||15:20||SHMATA VD KATRA||23:30|
|Train No. 22315||SUVIDHA AC EXP||SEALDAH||18:30||JODHPUR JN||3:00|
|Train No. 22821||PUNE HWH SUVIDHA||PUNE JN||10:30||HOWRAH JN||18:15|
|Train No. 22913||BCT NDLS SUIVDHA||MUMBAI CENTRAL||16:00||NEW DELHI||7:55|
|Train No. 22914||NDLS BCT SUVIDHA||NEW DELHI||14:50||MUMBAI CENTRAL||6:55|
|Train No. 52451||SHIVALK DLX EXP||KALKA||5:30||SIMLA||10:15|
|Train No. 52452||SHIVALK DLX EXP||SIMLA||17:40||KALKA||22:25|
The fares for the Duronto trains are less when compared with other prestigious super fast rail services such as Rajdhani Express which ply between the same destinations. The fare in the new “economy” AC 3-tier class (similar to that of Garib Rath Express) of Duronto would be Rs. 200 less than the fares, when for Rajdhani Express. The fares will not include food and catering costs.
Efficiency and Speed
The Duronto Expresses are one of the fastest trains in India. These trains run faster than Rajdhani Express trains which hold the record of the fastest long-distance trains in India.This has been made possible as these trains, unlike the Rajdhani Express, will have no intermediate stoppages and run in much the same speed clocked by Rajdhani. For example, the new bi-weekly non-stop train between New Delhi and Sealdah will take 16 hours to cover the journey, as against 17 hours taken by Rajdhani Express.The trains will, however, have technical stoppages at a few stations for facilitating staff and loco change but the transit time will come down drastically.The trains will adhere to the speed limit of 110 kmph. The Chennai Duronto is projected to run at a speed of 130 kmph.
On board Amenities
The Duronto services would consist of four classes of accommodation namely first AC, two-tier AC, three-tier AC and economy AC (similar to that of Garib Rath Express). The Rakes comprise ICF coaches used in the Rajdhanis and Garib Raths earlier.Each Duronto coach is 24 meters long, compared to the regular coach length of 22.3 meters. The distance between coaches is less too – 460 mm instead of the regular 960 mm.
Besides safety and hygiene features like dustbins and fire extinguishers, the coaches have sleeker designs for bottle holders and switches, mobile charging points, sliding transparent doors between coaches, and LED night lamps instead of regular fluorescent lights.
The train is built of stainless steel (which makes the coaches lighter by about two tonnes each), which is lighter, anti-corrosive and more durable than the conventional ‘cotton steel’. An important safety feature is the central buffer couplers whose enhanced load capacity makes the train derailment-proof.
Chennai Central – H.Nizamuddin Duronto Weekly Express
- Train No. 12269 Chennai Central – H.Nizamuddin Duronto Weekly Express will leave Chennai Central at 06.40 hrs. on Monday and arrive H.Nizamuddin at 10.35 hrs. the next day.
- Train No. 12270 H.Nizamuddin – Chennai Central Duronto Weekly Express will leave H.Nizamuddin at 16.00 hrs. on Tuesday and arrive Chennai Central at 20.10 hrs. the next day.
Chennai Central – Madurai Duronto Weekly Express
- Train No.22205 Chennai Central – Madurai AC Duronto bi-weekly express will leave Chennai Central at 22.30 hrs. on Mondays and Wednesdays and arrive Madurai at 07.00 hrs. the next day.
- Train No.22206 Madurai – Chennai Central AC Duronto bi-weekly express will leave Madurai at 22.40 hrs. on Tuesdays and Thursdays and arrive Chennai Central at 07.10 hrs. the next day.
Thiruvanathapuram – Chennai Central Duronto
- Train No.22207 Chennai Central – Thiruvananthapuram AC Duronto bi-weekly express will leave Chennai Central at 16.30 hrs. on Tuesdays and Fridays and arrive Thiruvananthapuram at 05.15 hrs. the next day.
- Train No.22208 Thiruvananthapuram – Chennai Central AC Duronto bi-weekly express will leave Thiruvananthapuram at 21.30 hrs. on Wednesdays and Saturdays and arrive Chennai Central at 10.15 hrs. the next day.
Composition 1 AC First Class, 3 AC 2-tier and 9 AC 3-tier coaches.
Mumbai – Nagpur Duronto Express Train
- Train No . 12289Mumbai CST – Nagpur Duronto Tri-weekly will leave from Mumbai CST on every (Mon, Wed and Fri) at 8:15 PM and will reach Nagpur at 7:20 AM.
- Train No . 12290 Nagpur – Mumbai CST Duronto Tri-weekly will leave from Nagpur on every (Sun, Tue and Thu) at 8:40 PM and will reach Mumbai CST at 7:15 AM
Hyderabad – Delhi Duronto Express
Secunderabad – Hazrat Nizamuddin – Secuderabad Duronto Express
- Train No 12285 Secunderabad – Hazrat Nizamuddin Duronto bi-weekly express will depart from Secunderabad on Sundays and Thursdays at 1.30 pm and reach Hazrat Nizamuddin at 10.35 am the next day.
- Train No 12286 Hazrat Nizamuddin – Secunderabad Duronto Express will leave Hazrat Nizamuddin on Mondays and Fridays at 4 pm and arrive in Secunderabad at 2 pm the next day.
Composition The train will have four classes of accommodation – AC First Class, 2-Tier AC, 3-Tier AC and non-AC sleeper.
Running time is 21 hours only.
Bhubaneswar – New Delhi Duronto Express
Indian Railways Introduced new Duronto Express. Following are the details
- Train No.12281 / 12282 Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Duronto weekly Express:-Train No. 12281 Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Duronto weekly Express will leave Bhubaneswar at 08.15 am on every Sunday and will arrive New Delhi at 06.00 am on the next day. 12282 New Delhi -Bhubaneswar Duronto Weekly Express will leave New Delhi at 1.00 p.m. on every Monday and will arrive at Bhubaneswar at 11.05 am on the following day.
One First Class AC, One AC-2 tier, Four AC-3 tier, Eight Sleeper Class, Two Guard-cum-Luggage vans and one Pantry Car in its composition having no commercial stoppages between Bhubaneswar and New Delhi.
Ernakulam – Nizamuddin Duronto Express Train
- Train No. 12283 Ernakulam – Nizamuddin Duronto Express will leave from the Ernakulam Station 11:30 pm and will reach Nizamuddin 7:30 pm Thursday.
- Train No. 12284 Nizamuddin – Ernakulam Duronto Express will leave from Nizamuddin every Saturday at 9:35 pm and will reach Ernakulam on every Monday 3:30 pm.
The train will run on the Konkan Rail route and will not having any stops in between the Ernakulam and the New Delhi. This train having advanced toilet services available. Composition Totally 17 coaches, in which one First Class AC, one Second Class AC, 4 Three Tier AC, 8 Sleeper Coaches, 1 Pantry Car and two Guard Vans.
DOCTORS AVAILABLE ON DURONTO EXPRESS
MUMBAI – AHMEDABAD DURONTO EXPRESS NOW DOCTORS AVAILABLE
Western Railways announced that commissioned emergency medical facilities in 12267/12268 Mumbai Central – Ahmedabad Duronto Express from 29/03/2010 by providing a doctor and a paramedical staff who will travel in the train along with vital and life saving medicines and emergency medical equipments like Glucometer, ECG machine, AED, Nebulizer, Oxygen Cylinder etc. During medical emergency, the Railway Doctor can be approached in 2AC A1 coach of the Duronto Express. Help of Train Conductors and TTEs can be sought for approaching the doctor.
Some of the Duronto Express Trains later converted to others due less response from passengers for the Point to Point Services. Following are the list of these trains
- Ajmer Hazrat Nizamuddin Duronto Express(old) – Ajmer Hazrat Nizamuddin Jan Shatabdi Express (New)
- Chennai Coimbatore AC Duronto Express (Old) – Chennai Coimbatore Shatabdi Express (New)
- Amrtisar Chandigarh Duronto Express (Old) – Amritsar Chandigarh Superfast Express(New)
- Lucknow New Delhi AC Duronto Express(Old) – Lucknow Rajdhani Express (New)
- Chennai Trivandrum Duronto Express (Old) – Chennai-Trivandrum Super AC Express (New)
- Puri Howrah AC Duronto Express(Old) – Puri Howrah Shatabdi Express (New)
CHENNAI CENTRAL – COIMBATORE NON-STOP DURONTO EXPRESS
- Train No. 12243/12244 Chennai Central – Coimbatore:- The train no.12243 Chennai Central – Coimbatore (Six days a week, except Tuesdays) Duronto Non-stop Express will leave ex. Chennai Central at 06.50 hrs. and arrive Coimbatore at 13.30 hrs. on the same day. Train No. 12244 Coimbatore – Chennai Central (Six days a week, except Tuesdays) Duronto Non-stop Express will leave Coimbatore at 15.05 hrs. and arrive Chennai Central at 21.50 hrs. the same day. The composition of the trains will be 1 Executive AC Chair Car and 7 AC Chair Car coaches.
Is the food is complimentary on the train no. 12289 duranto exp. On 3A plz let me know rgt now .. m travelling mumbai to nagpur ….plz tell me
Dinner is paid or non paid
i will travelled vadodara from delhi by delhi-ernakulam duronto express and train departure time from delhi is 9-31 pm.. then they will give us dinner in train after train departs??
Dear Train Authorities.
I am planning to travel to Mumbai from Hyderabad with my 1.5 years child. Could you please let me know whether facility is available to have hot milk for infant in the train?
i had booked my ticket in Duronto chennai – newdelhi, but my programme was cancelled so i cancelled the ticket. In doroto cancelation charges is very high. in my ticket it deducted Rs. 805 as a cancelation charges…
Hope you have cancelled the train ticket nearest to the travel day..
is food in duronto ltters 12223 is included in the fare of ticket
in all doronto as per my informatio food is free
had horrible experience while having my breakfast, lunch and dinner in Duranta express. I thought it has a mistake by catering team. But my impression said that they do it intensionaly.
I had booked a round(two way) journey starting kolkata to bangalore, where i found that catering team are providing food forcibly without no test and quality. At only starting station(Either bangalore/kolkata), food was good and served to all passanger. However, food quality was not at all good and test less during dinner time, breakfast time and lunch time at destination.
No snacks provided during evening time…(only tea/coffee)
Spoon never provided during breakfast time..
Foods provided are all expired its test quality and as well also they are served in cold temperature
But at the end of journey, passanger always have to give TIPS(minimum 20 rupees) forcibly as service charge(said by catering team).
You may not get full bedding package(sometime they do not provide blanket & towel) and they will charge Rs.25 extra for this.
Even passanger are allowed to smoke in train….Nothing happen after complaining to TTE or coach service men.
They all need should be monitored and should be rectified accordingly. Periodical audit should done to food quality and services provided to passanger.
I have seen passanger feels help less if any action not taken to their concerns they faced.
I am sure, it will be difficult for india citizen to said about growth of India if everybody understand their own responsibilities.
Suman K Pattnaik
Duronto are the most speedy and very nice trains. According to you food in duronto is of good quality all the way from source to destination. There is no smoking allowed in duronto .
Plz do not spread such rumours about this nice train.
I will travel by Howrah Digha Duronto exp, train time is 11.15 am at howrah and it will arroved Digha around 2.15 pm. my question is will railway provide us free food which is included in ticket or we will have to buy from pantry car ? plz answer as I will travel with my family
yaa free food facility avilable in all Duronto train..
i want bto know about the train no.of delhi jammu duranto exp