Deccan Odyssey Train
Indian Railway’s Luxury Tourist Train Deccan Odyssey is based on the model of Palace on Wheels to boost tourism on the Maharashtra route of the Indian Railways.
Further details are following.
Deccan Odyssey Programs – Year 2019 -2020
Per Cabin Per Journey Price for 7 Nights / 8 Days Journey
Deluxe Cabin Price in INR
- Single Occupancy$ 6,734
- Twin/Double Occupancy$ 9,660
- 02 Children (in a separate Cabin)$ 7,248
Presidential Suite Price in INR
- Single occupancy$ 14,584
- Twin/Double Occupancy$ 14,584
- 02 Children (in a separate Cabin)$ 7,248
- All Costs are in Indian Rupees and USD
- The above costs are per cabin per Journey
- As the train runs on the tracks of the Indian Railways, the itineraries are subject to change in case of any changes in the routing etc.
- Prices are subject to change in case of any amendment in the routing or other hikes such as fuel, taxes etc.
- Children below 5 years of age shall be allowed free, subject to sharing of double bed with parents. This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking
- Presidential Suite can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 Adults and 2 children (One child up to 5 years of age and second child up to 12 years of age)
- Goods and Services tax of 5.00% (subject to change as per Govt. directives) is additional and will be charged extra on the invoiced amount.
- Deccan Odyssey does accommodate children but ask parents to be mindful of the sophisticated adult atmosphere that endeavor to maintain.
- One child up to ✅ 5 years of age shall be allowed free of cost in the Deluxe Cabin, subject to sharing of double bed with parents. This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking.
- For families, with a child between ✅ 6-12 years of age, or, with two children with one child below 5 years and another between 6-12 years, recommend the Presidential Suite which has a double bed in the bedroom and can be shared with a child below 5 years and a sofa cum bed in the living room which can accommodate the older child. In this case, the child/children will be accommodated free of cost.
- In case of two children between ✅ 6-12 years of age travelling with their parents, you will have to take 2 cabins. The first child pays 25% of the adult fare and the second child will have to pay 50% of the adult fare. One of the parents will have to be present with the child / children in the cabin.
- Deccan Odyssey do not have the facility for ✅ interconnecting cabins.
- All applicable taxes will be charged extra.
- Accommodation in double / twin bedded cabin with en suite bathrooms
- All meals (B,L,D)
- Soft Beverages during the journey
- Valet Service
- Still Camera fees
- Guided off train excursions and game drives as illustrated in the itinerary – inclusive of entrance fees, park fees, transport and services of an English speaking local guide.
- Taxes including 5.00% (subject to change as per Govt. directives) Goods and Services tax, Insurance , gratuities
- Laundry, Alcoholic Beverages
- Video and Professional Still Camera Fees
- Arrival and Departure Transfers
- International and Domestic Air Tickets
- Pre and Post tour accommodation and any tour extensions unless specifically mentioned as a part of the journey
- All activities mentioned as ‘options’ in the itinerary.
Booking & Cancellation
Booking, Payment and Cancellation Policy
- ✅ 20% of the ticket value at the time of booking
- ✅ 80% of the ticket value 45 days before the departure date
Terms and Condition
- Booking can be made through agent / on Internet
Booking Online : Official Website of Maharashtra Tourism
Onboard Services of Deccan Odyssey Tourist Train
Onboard Services of Deccan Odyssey Tourist Train are following.
40 Deluxe cabin in 10 cars
1 Conference car with business centre
4 presidential suites in 2 cars
1 spa car
2 restaurant cars
1 staff car
1 bar car
2 power car
|Passenger Cars (4 Coupes per Coach)||10|
|Presidential Suite Cars (2 Coupes per Coach)||02|
|Generator Cars with Luggage Store||02|
|Staff, spare car||02|
In the journey through the culture, heritage, history, wildlife and sanguine beaches of the vibrant state of Maharashtra, some important information for you:
- List of facilities available on board for your leisure
- A Library
- 6 Channels DVD for your viewing pleasure at the lounges
- 6 Channels of Music in your cabins
- A well-stocked bar
- A spa with steam, massage, a mini gym and a parlor
- Voltage available on the train 110 / 230 V
- Packaged drinking water is complimentary
- The Tariff includes all meals, travel, transportation, sightseeing by A.C. deluxe coaches, entrance fees and still camera charges at monuments, palaces, boat cruises and others4. Tariff does not include liquor, beverages, Laundry, Smokes, Video Camera Charges at monuments, palaces, temples and other items of personal nature on Board or outside, use of Spa, telephones and business center facilities.
- ✅ MEALS
- The two restaurant cars, serve a range of Indian, Continental, Maharashtrian, Goa and Chinese cuisines. Menus are changed seasonally.
- Respect local sentiments, guests are requested to remove their shoes while visiting temples and shrines.
- Beggars and hawkers are to be discouraged strictly.
- It would be advisable to carry the swimsuits, as visitors would be visiting beaches at Ganapatipule, Tarkarli and Goa or the hotel swimming pools.
- Afternoon sun tends to be rather strong, so do not forget to carry your sun block, sunglasses, caps and hats or umbrellas.
- The weather during ✅ March and April tends to be rather hot, hence light color cottons will be well.
- Wearing comfortable shoes would be advisable, as there is lot of places to see on foot.
- Laundry service would be available in Goa.
- Foreign Exchange facilities will be available in Mumbai and Goa.
- Doctor on Call.
- Due to exigencies or unavoidable circumstances there may be occasions where itinerary may be changed without prior notice.
- In cases where the group comprises of large numbers, travellers would be grouped into batches.
- First group number would follow the normal route of sightseeing and the other group could follow in the reverse order.
- Assistance for travel arrangements on completion of the tour
✅ Is registration mandatory for doing the bookings?
No. Online User can also do the bookings using the “Continue as Guest” option shown in the Booking process.
✅ What will be the Login details for the bookings done using “Continue as Guest” option?
The Email-Id used by the User while doing the Guest Login booking, that same Email-Id will be their default Username and Password.
✅How to activate the Login after successful registration?
After successful registration an email with the Activation Link is sent to the User on his registered email id and User needs to click the Activation Link within 48 hours of his registration.
✅ What if you forget your password or If you want to change your current password?
If any User forgets his password or wants to reset his password, you need to use the “Forgot Password” link available on the Login page. On the “Forgot Password” page User needs to either enter his Username or Registered Email Id where a Link to reset the password will be sent to User’s email id.
✅ Where will be the Confirmed Bookings seen by the Users?
After successful login, the User needs to check the “View Bookings” option under “Bookings” menu.
✅ What happens when your money is debited but, the booking is not confirmed?
In these cases the debited amount is refunded back to the Users within 7-8 working days. In few cases the refunds gets delayed if there is any issue in the amount settlement with the bank.
✅ How to Cancel/Amend the booking done online by Users, Authorized Travel Agent?
Online Users, Authorized Travel Agents whose bookings are done online by themselves, needs to login into their respective Login a/c and Cancel/Amend their bookings.
✅ How will be the refund amount given back to Users on successful cancellation of the bookings?
Please refer below cases.
Case 1: For the bookings done and cancelled by Online Users using Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking, refund will be processed back to the Users respective bank a/c linked to Card/Net Banking which was used at the time of booking in 7-8 working days. In few cases the refunds gets delayed if there is any issue in the amount settlement with the bank.
Case 2: For the bookings done and cancelled at MTDC Booking Counters using the Card Swipe Machines, refund will be processed back to the Users respective bank a/c linked to Card which was used at the time of booking in 7-8 working days. In few cases the refunds gets delayed if there is any issue in the amount settlement with the bank.
Case 3: For the bookings done and cancelled at MTDC Booking Counters by Cash, refund will be given to the User in Cash if the refund amount is equal to or below Rs. 10,000. If the refund amount in Cash Mode goes above Rs. 10,000 then the refund will be given to User’s through RTGS. User’s need to share their RTGS details with MTDC Office. In few cases the refunds gets delayed if there is any issue in the amount settlement with the bank.
Case 4: For the bookings cancelled by MTDC pro-actively in certain Special Cases refunds will be processed as mentioned in above cases subject to the conditions in which the booking was cancelled. Also these refunds at many times take longer for which Users need to kindly cooperate with MTDC.