Coronavirus : Railways Arrangements
Indian Railways takes comprehensive measures for prevention of Corona Virus (COVID-19) infection. Details are following.
For getting details on Corona Virus Train Ticket Refund Rule visit Corona Virus Special IRCTC Refund Rule
- Coronavirus : Special Parcel Trains by Railway
- Railway Employees ‘On Duty’ During The Period Of Suspension Of Passengers Services
- Cancellation of E-Tickets
- Operation of Freight Trains is Continuing
- Ticket Booking /Reservation Office Function Suspended
- Cancellation of all train Services by Indian Railway
- Closure of all Rail Museums
- Mumbai : Suburban Train Cancellation by WR & CR
- Refund Rule Relaxed By Railway
- Catering Units : Action by IRCTC
- Concessional Booking of Railway Tickets Suspended to Discourage Crowd in Trains
- Dormitories Closed By Railway
- Platform Ticket Increased as Preventive Measure
- Helpline Numbers by Railway
- Cancellation/Partial Cancellation of Trains Details
- Coronavirus Control Cell by Railway
Coronavirus : Special Parcel Trains by Railway
Indian Railways to run Special Parcel Trains for carriage of essential items in small parcel sizes during the complete lockdown in fight against COVID-19, Railway announced, further details are here:- Coronavirus : Special Parcel Trains by Railway
COVID 19 : MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS DECIDES TO TREAT CONTRACT AND OUTSOURCED EMPLOYEES ‘ON DUTY’ DURING THE PERIOD OF SUSPENSION OF PASSENGERS SERVICES IN INDIAN RAILWAYS
Ministry of Railways announced on 24.03.2020 that in a bid to reduce the hardships and protect the interests of contractual and outsourced staff engaged in providing services such as On Board House Keeping services (OBHS) in trains, sanitation, pantry cars, stations, offices and other commercial activities, Ministry of Railways has decided that such staff will be treated ‘on duty’ and be paid accordingly till the expiry of suspension of services/lockdown or as advised by Central Government in this regard. This is applicable on contracts awarded on manpower basis.
For contracts awarded on lumpsum basis (i.e. not on manpower basis), maximum payment which may be made shall be limited to 70% of the contract value. Railway Board has issued necessary instructions to Zonal Railways to ensure that the contractual staff and outsourced employees are not retrenched due to the suspension of services/lockdown.
Covid 19 : CANCELLATION OF E-TICKETS
Advice to the Passengers on Cancellation of E-Tickets
Cancellation of E-Tickets further details are here:-
Covid 19 : TICKET BOOKING /RESERVATION OFFICE FUNCTION SUSPENDED
All functions in Reservation office and Booking office in Railway station to Remain Suspended
With effect from 22.03.2020 all train services have been cancelled upto 31.03.2020 by Southern Railway to strengthen the efforts already taken to contain the spread of Covid 19. Taking this into account and to avoid gathering of crowd in public places like Railway statin the following further measures are taken and advised.
- Train Ticket Booking has been suspended till 14th April 2020.
- PRS and UTS ticket counters to remain closed. In view of the cancellation of all type of train services relaxation of refund rules have been already notified. It is reiterated that for all trains cancelled by Railways during the journey period from 21st March to 21st June 2020, refund across the counter can be taken on submission of ticket upto 3 months from date of journey (Instead of existing rule of 3 days/72 hours excluding day of journey).
- Keeping in mind the relaxed rules and in compliance with various advisories issued for social distancing and against crowding in public places, no ticket counter in Reservation office for reserved tickets and no UTS ticket counter in booking office for unreserved ticket will operate during this period from 22.03.2020 upto 31.03.2020. Hence passengers are requested not to visit station for calming refund of the reserved ticket at PRS counters in reservation office as they will not be functioning anyway for all purposed during this period upto 31.03.2020.
- No fresh advance booking in ticket counters in Reservation office will be done during this period upto 31.03.2020. However online booking for advanced reservation through IRCTC website will remain available.
- UTS on Mobile app also has been suspended upto 31.03.2020.
- However adequate support staffs are available at stations, booking offices and PRS centres for assisting and helping any passengers in case they turn up without having awareness of these arrangements.
Covid 19: OPERATION OF FREIGHT TRAINS IS CONTINUING
Indian Railway announced on 24.03.2020 that due to the pandemic of corona virus, Indian Railways has suspended the operations of passenger train services across the country till 14th April 2020. Currently, Indian Railways is operating only freight trains across the country. Indian Railways is making all efforts to ensure availability of essential commodities through its uninterrupted freight services.
During the situation of lockdown in various States, Indian Railways Staff deployed at various good sheds, stations and control offices is working on 24/7 basis to ensure that the supply of essential items for the nation does not gets affected. On 23rd March 2020, total 474 rakes were loaded for essential commodities like food grains, salt, edible oil, sugar, milk, fruits & vegetables, onion, Coal and Petroleum products.
During the day, total 891 rakes were loaded by Indian Railways which also includes other important commodities like 121 rakes of Iron ore, 48 rakes of steel, 25 rakes of cement, 28 rakes of fertilizer, 106 rakes of container etc. Close coordination is being maintained with the State Governments so that rakes of essential commodities are handled smoothly without any delay, amidst various restriction imposed in the wake of Covid-19.
Indian Railways has slashed the demurrage and wharfage rates for goods and parcel at half of the prescribed rates till 31.03.2020. Validity of the rate policies pertaining to goods/container traffic has also been extended by one month i.e. up to 30.04.2020. No haulage charge shall be levied for movement of empty containers/empty flat wagons from 24.03.2020 to 30.04.2020. Free time for loading/unloading of wagons and free time for removal of consignment from railway premises has been increased to double of the prescribed free time till 31.03.20.
To monitor the uninterrupted movement of essential commodities over Indian Railway system, an Emergency freight control is working in the Ministry of Railways. Freight movement is being closely monitored by officials at very senior level. Indian Railways staff deployed in control rooms for operation of freight trains, line staff, maintenance staff, security personnel and medical staff in Railway hospitals is working continuously 24/7. Indian Railways understands its crucial role during this difficult time and requests all the stakeholders to fully support in ensuring faster loading and unloading of essential supplies.
Covid 19 : CANCELLATION OF ALL TRAIN SERVICES BY INDIAN RAILWAY
Indian Railway announced via press release on 22.03.2020 that Railway decided to Cancel all train Services by Indian Railways in the wake of COVID-19. Following are the details.
- In continuation of the measures taken in the wake of COVID-19, it has been decided that all passenger train services on Indian Railways including Premium trains, Mail/Express trains, Passenger trains, Suburban Trains, Kolkata Metro Rail, Konkan Railway etc shall be cancelled till the 24.00hrs of 31.03.2020. However, bare minimum level of services of suburban trains and Kolkata Metro Rail shall continue upto 24.00hrs of 22.03.2020.
- Trains which had already commenced their journey, prior to 04.00 hrs of 22.03.2020, will run up to their destinations. Adequate arrangements shall be made for the passengers, who have commenced their journey during the travel and at their destinations.
- To ensure the essential supplies in various parts of the country, movement of goods trains will continue.
- To make it more convenient for passengers, full refund for all cancelled trains may be taken till 21.06.2020. Adequate arrangements shall be made to facilitate hassle-free refund to passengers affected by train cancellations.
Covid 19 : CLOSURE OF ALL RAIL MUSEUMS
Closure of all Rail Museums up to 15th April 2020 : Indian Railway announced that in the wake of Coronavirus pandemic, Rail Museums, Heritage parks and Galleries all over Indian Railways will be closed with immediate effect.
Covid 19 : REFUND RULE RELAXED BY RAILWAY ( IRCTC Refund Corona)
Indian Railways announced that Railway relaxes refund Rules for PRS counter generated tickets. Passengers are advised to avail the facility and avoid coming to Railway Station during the spread of Corona Virus. Details are here:-
Proforma for Applying Refund of Cancellation/Clerkage charge if any levied on Cancellation of Reserved Tickets for Journey Period from 21.03.2020 to 14.04.2020. are also here:-
Covid 19 : CATERING UNITS : ACTION by IRCTC
As a precaution to prevent the spread of Covid 19 it has been decided by the Competent Authority to take the following action regarding IRCTC units:-
Latest Modified Announcement
- The Food Plaza, Refreshment Rooms, Jan Aahars and Cell Kitchens must operate only take away services to sell the catering items over the counter to maintain passenger services. No passenger/customer should be allowed to sit inside.
- The on board catering services in Mail/Express and TSV trains must be operated with available staff, to maintain passenger services.
- The licensee should be requested to take care of their catering staff on humanitarian ground during this period of reduced services.
- These instruction shall come into effect from 22.03.2020.
- The Food Plaza, Refreshment Rooms, Jan Aahars and Cell Kitchens should be closed until further advice
- The static units supplying meals to the prepaid trains which are in operation may continue to operate.
- The on board catering services in Mail Express trains and TSV trains should be closed until froth advice.
- If there is demand of onboard services then only PAD items, Tea and Coffee may be allowed to be sold in the train. Such operation should be conducted using the minimum number of staff.
- The licensee should be requested to take care of their catering staff on humanitarian ground during this period of closure.
- These instruction shall come into force from 22.03.2020.
- List of such mobile and static units shall be intimate to the CO.
- For the purpose of license fee this period will be covered under force majeure. If there is demand license is permitted to sell PAD items, Tea and Coffee.
Covid 19 : CONCESSIONAL BOOKING OF RAILWAY TICKETS SUSPENDED
Indian Railway announced that in view of COVID-19 situation, and as per instructions from Railway Board, no concessional tickets for all categories of passengers except 4 categories of Divyangjan passengers shall be issued for tickets booked on or after date 20 March 2020 till further advice. Inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.
Following action is being taken by Railways:
- No concession on reserved and unreserved Railway tickets for senior citizens w.e.f. 00:00 Hrs 20th March 2020
- For railway tickets already purchased before 00:00 Hrs 20th March 2020, in case of travel, no difference in fare shall be collected.
Covid 19 : DORMITORIES CLOSED BY RAILWAY
South Central Railway announced that SCR decided to close Retiring Rooms and Dormitories till 15th April, 2020.
Central Railway announced that In order to restrict spread of COVID-19, dormitories at CSMT and LTT station have been closed untill further notice. All are requested to kindly co-operate.
Covid 19 : HELPLINE NUMBERS
Help Desks at various stations in association with State Governments are being made available. For any related information call.
24×7 Helpline No. +91-11-23978046
List of all Helpline Numbers from various States/UTs.
Corona Virus Western Railway Helpline Number
Covid 19 : CANCELLATION/PARTIAL CANCELLATION OF TRAINS DETAILS
Railway cancelled many trains including Long distance trains , details are following.
Suspension of Railway Services to be extended till April 14
After Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s announcement of a 21 day lockdown across the country, the Indian Railways on Wednesday announced that its suspension of all passenger services will continue till April 14 in the wake of coronavirus outbreak, a famous Newspaper reported. However, freight movement will continue to carry essential commodities across the country, officials said.
Further details are following.
- Cancelled Trains Today List : March 2020
- Train Rescheduled or Diverted Today’s Updates
- Tomorrow Cancelled Train List
- Major Train Blocks Details
COVID 19 : PLATFORM TICKET INCREASED AS PREVENTIVE MEASURE
Central Railway announced that CR on its Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Bhusaval and Solapur divisions increased the platform ticket from ₹10/- to ₹50/- till further advice as preventive measure against Covid 19.
Western Railway decided to increase the rate of platform tickets with a view to restrict & discourage the number of passengers in railway premises including platform and FOBs as measure to mitigate the Pandemic Corona virus infection.
The ticket rate has been increased from ₹.10/- to ₹.50 /- at 26 stations of W. Rly’s Mumbai Division with effect from 17/03/2020. These stations are Surat, Bandra (T), Borivali, Udhna, Mumbai Central, Vapi, Dadar, Valsad, Navsari, Andheri, Vasai Road, Boisar, Nandurbar, Bilimora, Amalner, Virar, Palghar, Bandra, Bhayandar, Dahanu Road, Goregaon, Nalasopara, Vyara, Dondaicha, Churchgate and Malad.
There will be no change in the rate of platform tickets of rest of the stations. Similarly, the other divisions of W. Rly have also increased the platform ticket rates at select stations from ₹.10/- to ₹.50 /- as a precautionary measure for crowd management.
Southern Railway announced that in view of this, in order to reduce the number of non travellers in stations, Chennai division has increased the rate of platform tickets, at Dr MGR Chennai Central, Chennai Egmore, and Tambaram Railway Stations from the existing rate of Rs.10 to Rs.50 with immediate effect till 14th April 2020.
East Coast Railway
East Coast Railway announced that Railway decided to increase the platform ticket fare. List of stations are following.
South Eastern Railway
The new tariff of Platform Ticket will be between Rs. 20 to Rs. 50 as per gradation of the stations under S E Railway’s jurisdiction. This new rate will be applicable w.e.f 19.03.2020.
The increased price of Platform Ticket at different stations is given below:
|Name of the Stations||Increased Price of Platform Ticket (Rs.)|
|Howrah (New Complex)||50/-|
|Kharagpur & Tatanagar||40/-|
|Santragachi, Shalimar, Mecheda, Ranchi, Hatia, Balasore, Jharsuguda, Rourkela and Bokaro Steel City||30/-|
|Panskura, Bagnan, Midnapur, Jhargram, Chakradharpur, Adra, Bankura, Bishnupur, Purulia, Digha, Jaleswar and Ghatsila||20/-|
The Price of Platform Tickets at all other stations in SER’s jurisdiction will remain as before.