Cloak Room / Luggage Rooms and Locker Charges in Indian Railway 2021
Most major Railway stations have cloakrooms and lockers where you can leave your luggage, on payment of prescribed charges. Following are the details of Cloakroom and Locker charges in Indian Railway.
This passenger amenity ensures safe custody of your luggage, giving you the freedom to spend a day or two as you desire. The process of depositing your luggage in the cloak room has been simplified for your convenience.
- Digital Cloak Room and Locker Charges in Indian Railway ~ New
- Cloak Room and Locker Charges in Indian Railway: Formalities
- Cloak Room and Locker Charges in Indian Railway: Tariff
- Cloak Room and Locker Charges in Indian Railway: Theft of Luggage
- Form for Lodging Report: PDF DOWNLOAD
- All you have to do is to deposit the luggage duly locked, whereupon a receipt will be given to you.
- This receipt, duly signed as an acknowledgement of having received your luggage, should be surrendered along with the prescribed charges at the time of delivery.
- Delivery of luggage will not be done without the surrender of your receipt.
- Passenger should ensure that all baggage/hold-alls/travel bags are locked securely. Otherwise, these may not be accepted by the railway personnel.
- Maximum period that you can leave luggage at a Cloak Room is one month. However, some Cloakrooms have notices stating that the maximum period is 7 days.
- While the Left Luggage facility is officially known as the Cloak Room you may see it signed as Cloak Room.
Digital Cloak Room and Locker Charges in Indian Railway
Digital Cloak Room and Locker Charges in Indian Railway details are here.
Digital Lockers at CSMT Station Railway Luggage Rooms
Central Railway has installed digital lockers in the cloak room at CSMT Mumbai, and will soon start them at LTT and Dadar stations too. The facility ensure safety of passengers’ luggage as the lockers can be opened through QR code based receipts, a famous Newspaper reported on 18.08.2021. Further details are here.
How to use Digi-Locker
- On touch screen, click on start Menu and select option on store bag.
- Fill details: Name, Mobile Phone Number, PNR, Email ID
- Select locker size, numbers of bag, house for storage
- Confirm filled – Up details
- Pay using currency notes, deposit bag in open locker and shut door.
- Collect physical receipt
- Click on start option on touch screen and select bad retrieval option
- Put receipt’s bad code on scanner
- Collect bag from locket and close door
- An attendant will be present for help, but users will have to establish identity by producing genuine ID cards like Aadhaar or PAN.
The digi – Lockers come in 3 sizes, small to large, to cater to most types of luggage
- Small Locker
- Height – 15.5 inches
- Width – 11 inches
- Depth – 34 inches
- Medium Locker
- Height – 19.5 inches
- Width – 12 inches
- Depth – 34 inches
- Large Locker
- Height – 20.5 inches
- Width – 14 inches
- Depth – 34 inches
Cloak Room and Locker Charges in Indian Railway : Formalities
- You must be in possession of a train ticket showing that you have either just arrived at your chosen station or that you will be departing from there within the next month.
- Your bags must be securely locked. This may require some ingenuity for rucksacks but can be done. If you cannot lock a side pocket make sure that it is empty.
- Don’t keep any food in your checked-in luggage. It attracts vermin
- When you check your luggage in have a look at the notice for Opening/Closing times. Most will have some closure period(s) which may affect when you need to pick up your bags.
- There is a fee per piece per day (or part day). You are given a ticket when you check your items in. You hand that in when you need to collect, the fee is calculated and you pay at collection.
Cloak Room and Locker Charges in Indian Railway : Tariff
Revising the rates for the two facilities for the first time in 12 years from Feb 2013 ,
- The Railways will charge Rs. 20 for use of a locker for 24 hours, up from Rs. 5 now, and Rs. 30 for every additional 24 hours or part thereof.
- The cloakroom rent will be Rs. 15 for 24 hours and Rs. 20 for every additional 24 hours
|First 24 hrs or part thereof||₹ 15/- per package||₹ 20/-|
|For each subsequent 24 hrs or part thereof||₹ 20/- per package||₹ 30/-|
In 21.12.2017 Railway published another press release regarding the Revision of Cloak Room and Locker charges at Railway Stations. Following are the details regarding that.
Cloak Room and Locker Charges in Indian Railway : Theft of Luggage
In case of robbery and dacoity of their luggage and other belongings in running trains, passenger should do following things.
- Forms for Lodging Report to the police are available with the conductor, Coach Attendants, Guards and the GRP escorts.
- After properly filling the form, it may be handed over to one of the officials mentioned above for registration of the report.
- The same shall be promptly forwarded to the Government Railway Police (GRP) concerned for registration and further action.
- Passengers are not required to break their journey for lodging their report with the police.
- These forms are also available at RPF posts and Outposts.
Form for Lodging Report : PDF Download
✅What if the bag is stolen from the digital counter?
Less likely because the cloak room is monitored 24*7 physically by a manager and a 24*7 HD centrally monitored CCTV network in addition to security.
✅What if someone else gets the receipt and comes to pick up the luggage?
The team will not handover the bag to anyone else and will always verify the mobile number and details provided during placing the bag.
✅What happens if no one comes to claim the bag?
After waiting for a certain number of days, the bag is deposited in the Lost Property Cell of the station.