Train Ticket Rules for Children
Child Fare Rule in Trains including booking of reserved tickets and unreserved tickets are following.
- Child Fare Rule for Un-Reserved Ticket Booking
- 50% Concession for Students in 5-12 years age group
- Issue of Reserved Ticket for Children with No Berth Option
Issue of Reserved Ticket for Children with No Berth Option
Issue of Reserved Ticket for Single Child or Group of Children between the age of 5 years and below 12 years with no Berth Option
- Full adult fare will be charged for children of age 5 years and under 12 years of age if for whom berth/seat (in reserved class) is sought at the time of reservation.
- However, in case berth/seat is not sought for the children of age 5 years and under 12 years of age at the time of reservation, then half of the adult fare shall continue to be charged subject to the minimum distance for charging.
- Necessary changes shall be carried in the reservation form so that the passenger can indicate their option for requirement of full berth/seat for child or not.
Counter Tickets/e-tickets with no seat/berth option (NOSB) may be issued by linking it with PNR of parent/guardians/attendants subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Child NOSB e-ticket can be booked through link provided in booked ticket history at parent PNR
- Child NOSB PNR shall automatically be linked to parent PNR when booked.
- Only one NOSB PNR shall be linked to parent PNR
- Vikalp opted PNR shall not be allowed for child NOSB booking
- Child NOSB PNR shall also not be allowed to opt for Vikalp
- Number of NOSB berth shall be equal to or less than number of adults in a single PNR ticket (of the parent)
- Child NOSB booking shall not be permitted in CC, EC, 2S, EA classes.
- Child NOSB PNR can be cancelled independently and the refund rules for child NOSB would apply.
- Parent linked PNR, if cancelled, child NOSB PNR shall also be cancelled.
- If parent PNR is dropped, child PNR will automatically get cancelled along with parent PNR
- Child NOSB PNR is not valid for travel without Parent PNR.
50% Concession for Students in 5-12 years age group
Child Fare Rule for Un-Reserved Ticket Booking
- Boys under 12 years of age are allowed in the ladies compartment with relatives or friends.
- Fare for children of 5-12 years for unreserved tickets shall continue to be half of the adult fare subject to the minimum distance for charging.
- Children under five years of age will continue to be carried free (without berth).
Railway Circular regarding Chile Fare Rule attached.