Chennai Local / Suburban Trains Latest NEWS
Chennai Local / Suburban Trains Latest NEWS details are as following.
- Covid Third Wave : LockDown ~ Chennai Suburban
- New Trains ~ Chennai Suburban
Chennai Diwali – Sunday Pattern of Working Days in Chennai Area on 24.10.2022
Chennai Suburban Area – Travel Restrictions Lifted
Chennai – EMU Passenger Special Trains upto Tiruttani
EMU Passenger Special Trains extended upto Tiruttani for Adi-Krithigai Festival at Tiruttani
Chennai Suburban Train : Travel Restrictions is Withdrawn ~ 01.02.2022
COVID Third Wave : Lockdown : Chennai Suburban
New Guidelines for passengers in Suburban train services in Chennai region w.e.f 10-01-2022
Southern Railway announced that in view of the pandemic situation prevailing in the country and taking into account the guidelines issued by Union Ministry of Home Affairs and Govt of Tamil Nadu, Southern Railway has been bringing our various restrictions and relaxations wherever required for passengers traveling in Suburban train services of Chennai region.
Now taking into account the current surge in the COVID cases and threat of Omicron variant, Government of Tamil Nadu has imposed several restrictions w.e.f 06-01-2022. As per this Suburban train services shall be permitted for operation with 50% of the seating capacity. on account of this, the following restrictions shall come into effect from 04:00 hours of 10-01-2022 (Monday) till 23:59 hours of 31-01-2022 in the Suburban train services in Chennai region including the extended areas of Chennai Suburban.
- Only passengers in possession of Certificate for Covid Vaccination ( Both doses ) will be permitted to travel in Suburban trains. The passengers will need to produce the second dose vaccination certificate /Final Certificate for COVID-19 Vaccination for the issue of journey/season tickets at the counters along with their valid ID proofs.
- For passengers already possessing season tickets issued prior to today, such passengers will necessarily carry the second dose vaccination certificate/ Final Certificate for COVID-19 Vaccinationalong with their valid ID proofs and produce the same on demand by the Ticket Checking staff.
- UTS on MOBILE App service will not be available in order to comply with the above.
Appeal to Passengers:
- Passengers are requested to be fully aware of the restrictions imposed by the Government of Tamil Nadu and to undertake journey only in accordance with norms laid down.
- Passengers are requested to follow all the COVID-19 protocols issued by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India and Government of Tamil Nadu from time to time.
- Passengers are requested to adhere to all COVID appropriate behavior such as social distancing, wearing of masks and washing of hands at regular intervals while in the station and on board the train.
- Railway administration shall impose a penalty of Rs.500 wherever passenger are found not to be wearing the mask.
- Passengers are requested to co-operate with Railway employees for checking of your valid documents at stations and during the journey.
Implementation Of Covid Vaccination Certificate In Season Ticket In Chennai Division With Effect From 10th January 2022
Chennai Suburban – Change in Pattern of Suburban Trains- From 09.01.2022
New Trains In Chennai Suburban Areas
Details of new trains in Chennai Suburban area are following.
LHB RAKE FOR THIRUVANTHAPURAM CENTRAL – PURATCHI THALAIVAR DR.M.G. RAMACHANDRAN CENTRAL WEEKLY SUPER FAST EXPRESS
The coach composition of the service of Train No. 12698/12697 Thiruvanthapuram Central – Puratchi Thalaivar Dr.M.G. Ramachandran Central Weekly Express will be converted to LHB coaches as detailed below:
- The service of Train No. 12698 Thiruvanthapuram Central – Puratchi Thalaivar Dr.M.G. Ramachandran Central Weekly Super Express (Day of Service – Saturdays) will be operated with LHB coaches from 20th July 2019(Saturday).
- The service of Train No. 12697 Puratchi Thalaivar Dr.M.G. Ramachandran Central Railway station -Thiruvanthapuram Central Weekly Express (Day of Service – Sundays) will be operated with LHB coaches from 21st July 2019(Sunday).
Existing Coach composition: AC 2-Tier Coach-1, AC-3 Tier Coaches-5, Sleeper Class Coaches-12, General Second Class Coaches-2, Pantry Car-1 and Luggage Cum Brake van Coaches-2.
Revised Coach Composition(LHB Coaches): AC 2-Tier Coach-1, AC-3 Tier Coaches-5, Sleeper Class Coaches-11, General Second Class Coaches-2, Pantry Car-1 and Luggage Cum Brake van Coaches-2.
NEW CHENGALPATTU – CHENNAI BEACH : EMU SPECIAL SERVICES
Southern Railway announced that introduction of additional EMU special service between Chengalpattu – Chennai Beach to facilitate passengers bound for Kanchipuram for Shri Adhi Aththigiri Varadhar Dhrarshan. The following EMU special will be run stopping at all station with immediate effect (17.07.2019). Timings of EMU special given below.
EMU special services between Chengalpattu – Chennai Beach
|STATION||ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE TIME|
|CHENGALPATTU||17.15 hrs (Departure)|
|SINGAPERUMAL KOIL||17.27 hrs|
|MARAIMALAI NAGAR||17.32 hrs|
|POTHERI HALT||17.37 hrs|
|CHENNAI BEACH||19.00 hrs (Arrival)|
- This special service is being introduced due to cancellation of 2 EMU special services in Chennai Beach – Chengalpattu – Kanchipuram section mentioned below.
- EMU special Chengalpattu – Kanchipuram leaving Chengalpattu at 17.30 hrs and arrival Kanchipuram at 18.45 hrs is cancelled.
- EMU special Kanchipuram – Chennai Beach leaving Kanchipuram at 19.45 hrs and arrival Chennai Beach at 23.40 hrs is cancelled.
NEW CHENNAI BEACH – TAMBARAM : FAST LOCAL TRAINS
Southern Railway announced that Fast Local trains between Chennai Beach and Tambaram will be introduced with effect from Saturday, 1st June 2019. Four Fast Locals will be operated from Chengalpet to Chennai Beach and two fast locals will run Tirumalpur to Chennai Beach during morning peak hours. one fast local will run from Chennai Beach to Tirumalpur during evening peak hour. Due to the introduction of fast local, Train No.16115/16116 which was operated from Chennai Beach will be operated from Chennai Egmore henceforth on and from 1st June 2019.
The timings of the fast locals are given below.
- Train No.40518 Chengalpet – Chennai Beach Fast local will leave Chengalpet at 07.50 hrs and arrive Chennai Beach at 09.15 hrs
- Train No.40704 Tirumalpur – Chennai Beach Fast local will leave Tirumalpur at 07.05 hrs and leave Chengalpet at 08.10 hrs and arrive Chennai Beach at 09.30 hrs.
- Train No.40520 Chengalpet – Chennai Beach Fast local will leave Chengalpet at 08.05 hrs and arrive Chennai Beach at 09.47 hrs
- Train No.40522 Chengalpet – Chennai Beach Fast local will leave Chengalpet at 08.25 hrs and arrive Chennai Beach at 09.55 hrs
- Train No.40526 Chengalpet – Chennai Beach Fast local will leave Chengalpet at 08.50 hrs and arrive Chennai Beach at 10.20 hrs
- Train No.40706 Tirumalpur – Chennai Beach Fast local will leave Tirumalpur at 08.00 hrs and leave Chengalpet at 09.05 hrs and arrive Chennai Beach at 10.28 hrs.
- Train No.40707 Chennai Beach – Tirumalpur Fast local will leave Chennai Beach at 18.13 hrs and arrive Tirumalpur at 20.40 hrs
Chennai Egmore – Pondicherry – Chennai Egmore Express which was extended to run from Chennai Beach in view of the cancellation of Fast locals earlier, will again be operated from Chennai Egmore on and from 1st June 2019. The timings at Chennai Egmore will be:-
- Train No.16116 Pondicherry – Chennai Egmore Express will arrive Chennai Egmore at 09.30 hrs. Train No.16115 Chennai Egmore – Pondicherry Express will leave Chennai Egmore at 18.10 hrs